January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Ali- I understand, buying a house is a big deal and there's certain things you want/don't want. I hope you guys are able to quickly find a good one with better neighbors!

Today in a meeting I learned that my belly is now big enough that I cannot sit in the desks that have the attached chairs! :wacko: We were meeting in another teacher's classroom and unlike our usual meeting place (which uses tables and chairs) this teacher has the "old school" version of desks with chairs that are attached. Yeah....I had to sit sideways. :haha:

About the December babies - I def was not wanting a Dec baby originally. In fact I didn't want a January baby either, (really wanted March/April which would make Mat leave so much easier as a teacher) but ended up with the January baby when, after 13 months TTC I was desperate and said "screw finding the right time". Needless to say, that's the month we got it. :haha: However, now that I'm looking at the fact that I could actually add an extra 2-3 week onto my leave if I have her in December (because they won't change my Mat Leave dates) I am actually hoping she'll arrive a little early. It's a completely selfish reason though (especially because from my sister's experience I know exactly how much it sucks to be a December b-day)

Angel - well, it's not completely selfish. Your little girl would definitely benefit from more time with her mama! :)

I guess I truly don't care. Only difference it would make would be getting more back from taxes. At least I shouldn't get pity remarks like I did with DS's birthday. He was born on 9/11 and I got so many pity comments and people's faces would twist into that whole "I'm sorry" or "That sucks" look. Was pretty irritating and upsetting.

Froggy I didn't like the washable ones as you could see them through whatever I wore as they're less moulded.

As for December vs January, my only worry is the school year! The cutoff here goes by calendar year. So she'll either be the oldest or the youngest in class!

Thanks Lit and Van Kiwi! will add that to my list.

Angel5000- awww bless you and your bump!!

AliJo- that must be annoying, for you 9/11 is the day your son was born, a day to celebrate.

I am 99% certain I will have a december baby...but well see!

I have a June, August and Feb baby. June is the best (her DOB is 06/06/06 ha!) Such a lovely birthday month.

My august baby is youngest in school year but its still a good month.

December seems like it will be SO busy!

I would just not like baby to be born on Christmas Day as it wouldn't really be their own special day. People would give joint Christmas/birthday gifts and that would just be annoying and everyone else would get gifts too.

Pelvic floor muscles tightened that day!

First world problems I know!

Vankiwi, my school's cut off is end of December as well and with this baby being a boy, I definitely want him to be born in January so he is the oldest in the class. Hopefully that way when he hits middle school he'll be one of the ones who has that growth spurt first rather than last! He'll also be more mature than the younger ones as he enters the first year, which will hopefully help him settle more. My edd is 15th January (according to my doctor, 13th by my count), so even if I'm a couple of weeks early, he should still be January!

I used a mix of reusable and disposable pads, but definitely more disposable in the early months. I'd leak right through the reusable ones.

Aside from BF accessories, a good book to read ahead of time is The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.

I very much doubt this baby will come in December, but he might come a bit early. DD was born at 38+6. I was really anticipating going overdue, but she was ready then.

Ally - Another excellent breastfeeding resource I would recommend is kellymom.com! She answers nearly any question you'll have, and her info really helps if you're feeling insecure or worried about timing of feeds, milk supply, etc.

Froggy - I never actually tried reusable, but was told disposable was best, and I HATE laundry and love things to be easy, so that's why I chose disposable.

Sunshine- that's basically the same reason I don't want a December baby. I think any baby born in December, especially late December, would sort of get ripped off in the birthday celebration department. It's also such a busy season and would be expensive as a parent to try to celebrate a birthday as well that month. I also agree with newbie that it would be better for a child to be the oldest in class rather than younger.

Midnight - I have an August baby and love it! Why did you find June best? I always thought that wouldn't be ideal because your first summer is spent having to keep the baby in the shade etc, then the next summer you're back to work so never get a fun summer with baby. I loved August because only half my first summer was spend stuck indoors, and then my second summer I still had most of July off to enjoy with dd when she was actually walking and able to go to the spray park etc. Haha all my birth month choices are usually for selfish reasons haha.

Ali - that really sucks you got so many pitying comments about the day your son was born! I would not like that. It's unfortunate that the day has some negative associations, but it's also just a day, and definitely one to be celebrated since your ds was born!

Newbie I think if I was having a boy I'd be gunning for January too! I'm just thinking that if she's January, she'll be 3yrs8mths before starting preschool. Zoe was ready way before that!

Ally Oh yes the kellymom website is great!

I like June best as mid year and she always has a sunny birthday so outside parties hehe. My son in august is youngest in year and it always rains on his birthday aha

I have been pretty much a stay at home mum their whole lives so it didnt mean going to work :)

Feb baby was nice but everyone has cold and flu and it made me paranoid!

On Christmas wouldn't be fun. One of my nephew's birthday is on Dec 15th and another on Dec 24th. I'd be okay with closer to New Years.

I like the September birthday because weather is still nice, but often times not as hot as the middle of summer.

Lite & Ally - It can definitely be frustrating. Thankfully I don't get many "When was he born?!" Like you do when they're newborns. I don't think it'll be a big deal for him as he gets older. His generation won't know what it was to actually have it happening. Just what they get taught.

Midnight - I would love to have that June birthday! Ha.. I remember that year when a boy was born that day and at like 6 something. Named him Damion and everyone was outraged. She said that was what they chose a long time ago and she wasn't going to change because of the day he was born.

DS is born right before the cut off for our school systems here. The cut off is September 15th. He doesn't have to go at that age, though. Even if he was mentally ready I don't think I would put him in. Mainly because he would hit all those growth spurts later than the rest of the boys. My brother was born late August so he was a baby of his class and he said it sucked when it came to sports. He did enjoy graduating earlier, but hated getting his license and everything later.

I'll probably put him in 3 yr old preschool, though. Just probably not kindergarten till he's already 5.

I'm saying that and it's slapping me in the face. My son will be old enough to start preschool next year! :cry:

Ah it goes so fast doesnt it. I keep saying my DD is 3 but she will be practically 4 when bub is born!

My nephew has a 28th dec birthday and its not TOO bad now he is older.

Haha yes I remember hearing about a Damien! Luckily she was born in the evening, the papers were around that morning though apparently.

Vankiwi - I'm not sure about preschool, but apparently here you can choose to start your child in kindergarten even if they were born up to the end of January of the next year (so they could start at 4 years 8 months). I'm not sure if that would be the same there, but we are both Canadian so maybe look into it? I always assumed the cut-off was end of December, but found out from a friend with a January baby who was thinking of enrolling her early because she is very advanced.

Midnight- for us, it's much more likely to rain in June than August! We've had beautiful weather for both dd's birthday parties so far, but it really depends on the year. Weather can never be predicted I guess! I would definitely like a June due date if I knew I didn't have to go back to work after.

Ali - I agree September seems very nice! Part of me hopes baby #3 is a September baby.

Literati I think they're strict with the cutoff here! Although I know you can delay them by a year if you want.

My friends purposely avoided conceiving with a Xmas due date. He was due end of Feb and arrived Xmas day!!

Lite - I think I'm going to aim for a spring baby next time. Then I'll just need a fall baby to finish up the seasons ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->