January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Midnight - DS wasn't planned, this one is mostly planned. We were going to try in May but I got pregnant in April. Basically I threw caution to the wind since it was almost May. I started "planning" my third once I found out about this one. I wanted to try sooner for this one, but waited because I was still in nursing school.

Ali - haha! You are like me. I like to plan everything well in advance! I think we will likely stop at 3 kids though. we did originally want 4 so I wouldn't fully rule it out though.

I also can't believe how soon DD could be in pre school. However, I've personally made the choice that I will not send DD at age 3. I will wait until she's 4. She's definitely mentally ready for preschool, but I think there is something to be said for just staying home and playing for longer. She has already been in day care so it's not like she doesn't get socialization.

Vankiwi - yes, sometimes despite our best efforts we end up with the exact due date we were trying to avoid! I hope that doesn't happen to me haha.

Lite - I kind of feel like 3 might be okay, but I'm still hard on 4. If our next one is a girl I can see us maybe considering being done, but if not I know we'll be like "Well, one more go!" Although, that 4th baby has been part of my imagined life for a long time. I don't know if I could give it up.

I'm not feeling very good today. I don't know what it is other than pregnancy. I'm probably a little nauseous, but pregnancy nausea has been different from normal nausea so I always get thrown off. Food sounds good and horrible at the same time. I feel like I don't even have room to drink anything. Making me very uncomfortable. DH even let me sleep in after DS got up super early (before 5am). Days like this makes the next 2 months seem like a loooong time. I didn't feel like this ever with DS1. I was also busy with nursing school almost all the time so I guess maybe I didn't have time to sit and think about it.

Our school year runs August to June, but the cut off will be end of February so our baby will be one of the youngest ones in their year. I'm ok with that though as it gets them a good start to their education early on. Baby's cousins were the same and they've all done really well. If you feel they're not ready you can hold them back a year but I feel that might be too long to hold off. Personal preference *cant believe I'm thinking about his just now!*

slammerkin and Lit- thanks for book and website suggestion! :)

joining in on your discussion midnight and Ali- my pregnancy was sort of planned, we both didn't mind when i would get pregnant so we just did the NTNP method, and it happened the first month. I didn't expect it to happen so quick so i was pleasantly surprised. I think i would just like 2 kids though and then to adopt one x

ali- hope you feel better tomorrow! :) i think pregnancy is just like that, especially the third tri. I just feel so tired all the time. I am half asleep writing this...

whats everyones plans for the weekend?

Ally - I just got done throwing up a little bit ago. I feel a little better now, but ugh! DS was standing next to me talking away like nothing was going on. So supportive!

Hi everyone
Wow I haven't been here in literally months. Doubt I'm gonna have time to go back and read through all those pages!
Hope everyone is doing ok?
Can't believe some of us could have our babies next month!!!!!!
Not much to report here. SPD is agonising at night, wake up every half hour in lots of pain and it takes me 5 minutes to turn over but not too bad during the day as long as I don't overdo it.
Only other thing to report is that at 28 weeks I was measuring 5 weeks ahead. Think I'm carrying a potential 6ft+ like his daddy, not great when I'm only 5ft! Will be interesting to see how I measure at next appointment in just over 2 weeks.
Hope to keep more up to date with you all from now on now January is getting real close! X

Ali- I've had a couple moments (including one yesterday) where I feel nauseous and even threw up in my mouth the morning of my 30 week appointment. I'm not sure if it's been something I ate or third tri nausea or what. I hope you feel better now!

My best friend came over and we crafted a little bit for my baby shower and have more to do later tomorrow. I have my 4d scan tomorrow early afternoon and then the baby shower Sunday on top of a midterm for school, so a busy little weekend

WDW- good to hear from you! Wow, 5 weeks ahead. Dh is also quite tall and baby has been measuring about 5 days to a week ahead the whole time. Can't wait to hear how baby measures at your next appointment!

WDW- good to hear from you! Wow, 5 weeks ahead. Dh is also quite tall and baby has been measuring about 5 days to a week ahead the whole time. Can't wait to hear how baby measures at your next appointment!

DS1 always measured 2-3 weeks ahead and I have said since day 1 that I thought this was going to be another big boy but I was shocked to hear 5 weeks I have to say lol. Not worried though, I know measuring fundal height isn't all that accurate and I had had a big lunch just before my appointment :haha:

Literati our preschool is only 2hrs 2 days a week. And it's Reggio based so all play, they don't do letters or numbers or anything. Which I think is great! DD has known that stuff for over a year anyway so for her I think the social aspect of it is great.

WDW - It's great to hear from you! That's crazy amount to be measuring ahead! Doesn't sound like it's uncommon for you, though! Ugh I can't even eat a big meal anymore! I get to starving.. fill a plate.. then regret it half way through!

Van - I'm definitely looking at it for the social aspect. DS loves to socialize and I'm sure he'd be talking a bit more if he was around other children more. Just didn't ever need childcare and now I feel like it'll be frustrating for him when others don't understand him since we have a good understanding of what he's wanting. I do encourage him to speak his needs, but he's just as stubborn as his mother. Sometimes he'll do it.. other times he'll just throw a fit or look at me like "I know you know, so nope! Not saying it!"

I've considered putting him in daycare a couple of times a week to see if it helps. I just don't really want to fork over the money right now when we're expecting our second plus on top of that my loans kick in next month.

I really wasn't crazy about the thought of having a Christmas baby or any where near Christmas but that's just the way our ivf cycle fell. If it had worked the first time we would have had a thanksgiving baby lol.

I have thought a lot of socializing since I'll be a sahm. I'm planning on finding us groups to join and spending as much time at the park as I can. I'm also starting a breastfeeding group tomorrow that meets once a month. It's for expecting mom's and woman who already are breastfeeding so I'm really hoping to meet mommy friends especially with us living here alone I don't have ANY friends here. So I'm pretty excited to use my kid as a reason to socialize lol.

WDW - wow that is measuring quite ahead! Will they do any follow up with that?

Froggy - great idea to join some groups and use your baby as an excuse to make some mom friends!

Vankiwi - that sounds like a great preschool. :)

Ali - yes, I think if my dd had never been in daycare I might be more inclined to get her some socialization through preschool. As it is, though, I'd much rather have her home for another year. :)

Midnight - glad to know I'm not the only one not planning to send my kids to pre school at age 3. Do you think you'll enroll her in Pre school next year, or not at all?

VRogers- I hope you enjoy your 4d scan tomorrow.

Lite - I would be more against it I think if it was more than 2-3 hours twice a week.

Froggy - I should have done something like that. I don't have any friends around here either. I grew up here as well.. :dohh: I feel like a hermit most days. DH has a group a friends and I can't even try to get in on their gatherings because they're in the middle of the night and I have DS. I feel super isolated from the world, but I'm also glad I have all that time with DS as well.

It gets to me from time to time, though.

Yeah, it can be really trying Ali. Dh works construction and we move somewhere new every year to year and a half. Sometimes we hang out with a few people he works with, but I dot always like the other wives. Our whole family is in texas, and I made two friends in Birmingham Alabama that we try to go see as often as we can, but with construction it's hard to make plans. Whenthe baby turns 4 we will buy a house probably back in texas.

If you're going to be a sahm, I highly suggest getting out at least once a day even if it's to go for a walk or drive to grab a coffee. It'll make you feel more yourself.

For those who plan on breastfeeding and/or pumping, definitely get a box of breast pads. I nursed dd#2 but ended up exclusively pumping for a bit and my boobs leaked constantly! I had to change my pads every couple hours, it was ridiculous. I tried every disposable brand available at the stores, and did really well with the Lansinoh brand. Medela pads were ok but very bulky looking so had to wear a padded bra to hide the bulkiness. I hated the Johnson & Johnson brand... They're so small and just cover the areola/nipple and not beyond that so when they moved out of place I'd leak everywhere. I also didn't like the Nuk brand because they kept sticking to my boobs and I would get thrush with them.

Sorry for the novel! Lol

I went into labor with my 1st at 38 weeks so it's possible I could have a late December baby. Taxes would be great if that happened, but I'm actually really hoping for a later January baby, so going overdue a week or two. I am trying not to be induced this time like I was with my 2nd so we'll see!

Literati - no, in my area they only follow up when measuring big if growth is very small or non existent at my next appt at 34 weeks or if they are concerned there is too much fluid surrounding baby, which midwife said she couldn't feel. They would be more concerned if fundal height was as low as 10th centile, not way above the 90th centile like mine was!

J&J breast pads were my faves! Maybe they're designed differently here.

Getting out to mommy group things and even just a walk or whatever I found really important too. We did baby sign language classes which I found interesting for me to learn too. Now that she's older we have loads of activities and it's great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->