January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

ali- awww i hope sickness goes... im sorry you feel isolated... that is a shame. I have a good network of friends, but i never get to see them as much as i want too, as everyone is always so busy. I don\t have any close friends who have had kids either so i am the first one!

WDWJess- great to hear from you, cannot believe your measuring 5 weeks ahead, i didn't even know that was possible haha! My husband is tall- 6ft and i am 5ft, but our baby is measuring average i think

froggyfrog- the group sounds like a really good idea, especially if you don't have friends in your area.

vrogers- enjoy the scan and baby shower- exciting day! please post pics of the 4d scan :)

greats- will defo invest in breastpads

My friends all live in Michigan where DH grew up. It's only a couple, but it made a world of difference! We moved back here because it would be easier for us, but I just can't seem to make any friends and DH's friends aren't "mine" it always just feels awkward when I'm around them. I'm just "his wife" or "mother of his children" it feels. I really get along with my SIL, but they live in Florida at the moment. Their plans seem to be to move here. Hoping they do.

I used the Lansinoh brand of breast pads. I think I used the Nuk once and didn't like them as much. I didn't leak much, but I could hardly keep up with the demands of DS. I really think going straight back to classes harmed my supply. I could make enough if I exclusively breast fed, but as soon as I started to pump it would drop. Which I think it didn't help that my job really threw off my pumping times. Even now if I keep my current one it's going to be hard. I can go pump when I need to, but then getting out anywhere near on time will be a joke.

Ally - I haven't been up super long, but as of right now I feel okay. It's just weird that it hits me out of nowhere. I couldn't imagine feeling like that every day!

Froggy - Oh I bet that would be hard! I'm really no good at making friends and I think it's harder being near the place I grew up. I didn't have the best of childhoods so the past tends to cling to me. I still wish to move away from here, but I feel being near family will be important to my children. Although, so far it really hasn't. DH only really has his parents, he's not close to any of this other family. Most people I get introduced to around my age tend to be full of drama and I just can't associate myself with them. Maybe I should find a book club or something haha. I can definitely devour a book. Almost done with one I started a couple of days ago.

The ultrasound was a complete bust! For the longest time baby was turned toward my spine. She's also now breech. They had me eat some candy, drink some OJ and rolled me over and then we finally used my phone flashlight which made her turn around. The only problem is her face was smooshed against my placenta. So we payed a little more and now get 2 more tries. I go back Monday evening for another try. She told me to drink a ton more water and that should help with the face against placenta issue. I'm frustrated but at least we get 2 more tries!

Vrogers - What a stubborn little girl! I'm glad you get a couple of more tries, though! She still has plenty of time to flip back around, but I got nervous when my little guy went breech. Which I think he did finally go back to being head down, but not 100% sure. I will probably find out Wednesday.

Thinking about getting my son a baby doll. I think it might be good for him to have a baby of his own.

vrogers- you have a stubborn wee girl eh!! at least you get some other chances to see her :)

ali- baby doll is such as cute idea!

Ali & Ally- yes, she has been quite stubborn this whole time! Hopefully she cooperates one of the next times. I will be nervous until she's head down when it's time especially now that I know she didn't stay head down the first time!

Ali & Ally- yes, she has been quite stubborn this whole time! Hopefully she cooperates one of the next times. I will be nervous until she's head down when it's time especially now that I know she didn't stay head down the first time!

she is just having fun moving around inside, hopefully she will go head down soon. My midwife said the position they are in at 34 weeks is usually the final position because they will not have enough room to move as much x

Ally - Then this little one better stay head down.. I'm almost there!

Vrogers - I'd be worried too, so you're not alone. Mine has seemed to favor head down position for the most part, though.

Speaking of facing the placenta.. DS was facing his when I had my growth scan with him. He started licking it.. :haha:

Ladies, I'm back from my conference in Rome and I can say with confidence that baby LOVES gelato! Haha! I ate so much and he went crazy every time. Had a great time but I'm exhausted. Conference session all day then dragging dh back In to Rome for brief sightseeing in the evenings. Looking forward to being able to go back and explore more... With our baby!

That's adorable that your baby was licking your placenta! How cute!

Vrogers, I'm sorry your girl was so stubborn! I'm inclined not to get another scan because my boy has been uncooperative as well. Hope you get another chance.

Hope everyone else Is doing well.

Newbie - Glad the trip went well!! Conferences don't sound like fun but other than that.

So, just found out today that my cousin who I'm super close to is having a surprise baby! She only found out a couple of weeks ago and she's due early February! She's been having stomach problems and they couldn't find the reason. Of course she was told to take a pregnancy test early on but it was negative. She was on birth control and still bleeding regularly. She doesn't even look pregnant! Some test they did found it. Third girl and 5 years between this one and their second.

They're in shock. It's weird because the other day I had a dream she was pregnant.

Ali - that's crazy about your friend. I'm always shocked that people can be pregnant for so long without realizing. I show so much that it would be impossible not to figure out haha.

VRogers- sorry the scan was a bit of a busy. Very glad you get another two chances.

Ally- good to know about the 34 weeks thing! Now I know not to get too paranoid until then haha

Ali- I just read someone else talking about their baby licking the placenta! I would laugh so hard if I saw that. What are they even doing?! And wow about your cousin! Congrats to her, I can't imagine suddenly finding out just a couple months before having a baby! That's great you guys are close

Newbie- yes I'm right there with you, if she doesn't cooperate at these next two scans then I'll just wait to see her when she gets here. Glad you had a great time in Rome and your baby has good taste, I love gelato too :)

I survived my baby shower! Way more people showed up than I thought would and everyone was SO generous with gifts! We got lots from our registry as well as clothes, blankets, stuffed animals and whatnot. Her room is now packed and I'm going to have fun organizing everything. I am exhausted and sore now though. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

joining in on your discussion midnight and Ali- my pregnancy was sort of planned, we both didn't mind when i would get pregnant so we just did the NTNP method, and it happened the first month. I didn't expect it to happen so quick so i was pleasantly surprised. I think i would just like 2 kids though and then to adopt one x

We have a similar plan - two kids and then would like to adopt one, but maybe do some foster work leading up to it. Our first took a lot longer to conceive than we expected, but now that we know what the problem was, we're hoping that when we decide to start TTC#2 we'll be able to prevent the same problems so it won't take as long.

Greats - thanks for the tips! I'm so new to the whole idea of breastfeeding/pumping/everything....its overwhelming and a little intimidating

Vrogers - so sorry that baby was being stubborn!! Hopefully you'll get better pics the next time!

Ali - that's crazy about your cousin! Something similar happened to a former coworker of mine....she was told she could never have kids and she never gets periods (maybe once a or twice a year) so she never suspected she could be pregnant. Even at 6-7 months when she would be feeling little kicks she didn't realize it because she has some very severe abdomen/intestinal issues so the little bumps for a long time just felt like her insides acting up. At one point someone at work strongly suggested she coudl be pregnant and low-and-behold she found out she was 7.5 months pregnant! Considering she had some serious issues that made it so she could never conceive (supposedly) they considered it a huge blessing, but at the same time had no time to prep (especially financially) so it was a scary time for them.

ali- haha same, just a few weeks and we are 34 weeks, so lets hope they stay head down.

newbie- glad you had a great time, gelato is great! must have been tiring though. My friend is getting married in 2018 in Italy, so we want to go do some sightseeing and see rome then... with our little one.

ali- wow! i can't believe she didn't know, was on birth control and having bleeding... i would be in shock too, obviously their baby is meant to be :D

vrogers- yes you have time! :) glad baby shower went well :) i have mines at the end of the month, but it's just a small event with some friends.

Angel5000- adoption is a great thing, both my little cousins are adopted. Thats good you got to the root cause of your TTC issues. It happened very quickly for me and DH, so hopefully next time will be quick too and then we can think about adoption. I don't want a huge gap in years between my kids, but at least 1-3 years.

They're definitely excited, but just worried since didn't have any care up until now! Her doctor has been amazing with her and reassuring, though! They have literally nothing. They just sold everything left they had this summer. She also thought it was her stomach acting up after eating because she'd have a lot of gurgling. I'd be in so much disbelief!

Vrogers - Glad the baby shower went well! I wish I could find the motivation and energy to organize. Started getting through DS's old toys boxing some away for now. He found the box.. the proceeded to unbox and play with them.

Adoption is a great route! I haven't put much thought into it. I use to when I was younger. I hate seeing children without families.

Ugh I need to be heading off to work. I went to bed early, but does not feel like it. I'm so exhausted! Already 32 weeks tomorrow! Insane! Starting to really want him to come a couple weeks early on his own just so I can quit working ha.. I'm so fed up with work right now. I know it's mostly from the pregnancy, but it's making me sure hate my job.

They're definitely excited, but just worried since didn't have any care up until now! Her doctor has been amazing with her and reassuring, though! They have literally nothing. They just sold everything left they had this summer. She also thought it was her stomach acting up after eating because she'd have a lot of gurgling. I'd be in so much disbelief!

Vrogers - Glad the baby shower went well! I wish I could find the motivation and energy to organize. Started getting through DS's old toys boxing some away for now. He found the box.. the proceeded to unbox and play with them.

Adoption is a great route! I haven't put much thought into it. I use to when I was younger. I hate seeing children without families.

Ugh I need to be heading off to work. I went to bed early, but does not feel like it. I'm so exhausted! Already 32 weeks tomorrow! Insane! Starting to really want him to come a couple weeks early on his own just so I can quit working ha.. I'm so fed up with work right now. I know it's mostly from the pregnancy, but it's making me sure hate my job.

fingers crossed he will come early. i have the same wish :D

Glad your shower was a success vrogers! I'm having mine on the 19th, it's just super small though, but still exciting!

Ali, I have been super lax about finishing things up in the nursery until yesterday. Something got into me(I think it was the realization of him coming early could mean he is here in 8 weeks) and I started washing everything and finding places for stuff.

We considered adoption. we researched some agency's. It was going to cost us just as much to go through and agency as it cost to do ivf. We also went to a cps adoption seminar to learn how to do it that way because it was free. We were told that putting stipulations would make it take longer for a child to be placed. We didn't care about race, but wanted a child under 3. We were open to a sibling set as long as one child was under 3 because I wanted to have all of those fun firsts. I couldn't imagine having to miss that. Also I was really worried about having children brought in and then given back to the family. I wasn't sure I could handle that. I'm so glad we went the route we did though, because I love my little guy so much already, and we have 2 boy and 5 girl embryos frozen still.

I would love to become a foster parent in the future! We'd just need a bigger home.

I'm hoping this little one doesn't come early, but so far it's looking that way. Had contractions last night for a couple hours that were averaging 4 to 5 mins apart and lasting 30 to 45 seconds each. Had a checkup this morning and my cervix is now soft and low. Not dilated at all and baby isn't engaged, but I am only 30.5 weeks so they're going to do checks at every appointment now.

Very interesting to read everyone's journeys to get pregnant and thoughts of adoption, etc.

Ali - I know just what you mean. Pregnancy is making me hate my job as well! Exactly 2 months left for me as of yesterday and I cannot wait. My dd is "thankfully" sick today with possible croup (but super mild) so I got to stay home with her, and you have no idea how happy that is making me! Haha. Obviously I hope she doesn't get worse but I think she's fine. Dr said as long as she doesn't get a fever tonight she can go back to daycare tomorrow.

Greats - wow, that is so early for contractions like that! I'm glad there was no progression but it's good they are going to keep an eye on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->