January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Literati, nothing to report here yet. I have my 30 week appointment today, but honestly they are completely boring compared to my MFM appointments because there I get a US every time. I won't go back there until the 30th.

Newbie, I have heard that girls steal your beauty as well.

I have no doubt we have a boy for sure because of the genetic testing on our embryo, and ever scan he proudly gives us a potty shot.

Ally I feel huge too, I'm starting to get extremely uncomfortable. I think because of the GD diet and I have lost weight every but my belly continues to grow that it's causing more stress on my body. Also having very painful hips if I try to do too much during the day, and then that carries over to the night.

Froggy - Sorry about the pain from your belly! With my first I never had that. I do with this one my belly can really cause some discomfort and I'm really not that big. Standing is when it gets bad. I really should have gotten a support band, but now I don't want to spend the money on less then 2 months.

Slammer - I hear that girls steal their mother's beauty as well. I don't believe any of that either. I think the only one that holds a little truth is the heartburn and hair one. That doesn't mean it's always going to be true, but heartburn is linked to a hairy baby. So basically just means there is an increased chance. I believe it has something to do with hormones. I don't remember.

Ally - The scale is my enemy. I fear I'm going to be up like 5 lbs next appointment. I went down 1 last and I guarantee my body will just decide to make up for that. I get obsessed with it so I try to stay away from it.

Vrogers - Cervical checks never hurt me. I don't think my cervix is as sensitive as others. When they do my pap smears it never bothers me. Although, the membrane stripping was awful. He kept apologizing as he was doing it because he was saying it was really tight and hard to do. On top of the pain it was very awkward! My waters did break the next morning, though.

Greats - That kind of happened to my cousin. They were expecting their third and was told it was another girl. It would also be their third girl and final child. Well, at a later scan they were told it was wrong and they were having a boy. Confirmed in another scan. They were beyond excited, because they wanted a boy. Got ready for one etc. Came out a girl. They were devastated. They're happy though after the initial shock.

Lite - Woot for 30 weeks!! Definitely better to count down from 10!

Speaking of spots. I got linea nigra with my last, I have yet to get it with this one.

Yesterday I hit 33 weeks. We got a welcome box from Enfamil and it had coupons and what not in it. There was 40 dollars worth of formula in there, though! Some on the go packs and 2 full cans of formula. Not that I want to use formula, but it's awesome to have if I can't keep up with demand. I couldn't with DS, because he was an eater and if I didn't breastfeed exclusively with no pumping and on demand my supply would drop. Work killed it and we usually had to give him 1-2 bottles of formula. He was a snacker as well.

If I manage to not have to use it I can either sell it if I want the cash, give it away probably to my cousin she uses that brand I believe, or use it when he starts to eat solids as a liquid base.

I've gotten other samples in the mail. Been applying to them like mad!

froggy- sorry to hear you are feeling big and umcomfy too. We are on the home stretch anyway so it;s nearly over!

ali- lets just stay away from the scale, i keep trying to eat a more balancd and healthy diet but always give into junk food. Great idea about samples, i've done that too. not had anything substantial yet, i got a pregnancy diary, a little teddy for baby and chart of what foods babies can eat at different months. I;ve ordered a sample of nappies, hope they come soon.

I had meeting with consultant today, they said they will give me one more growth scan in a month (i'll be 36 weeks, eek!), and the plan we decided is to carry on as normal, with the aim for me to have a normal birth without any intervention unless my rash flares up etc or they think my steriod creams are effecting babies growth. Hoping i wont need the induction and i am excited to have one more scan.
got antenatal class in a few hours with DH, looking forward to it, helps make it all feel so real x

Ally - I'm happy it's likely you'll be able to avoid an induction as long as that rash doesn't act up!

Ali - so nice about the samples. How did you sign up for those? I got some last pregnancy but I don't know how. Maybe because I bought maternity clothes and this time I haven't.

Froggy - sorry you're so uncomfortable! Not long to go. Glad someone else is 30 weeks like me!

Newbie - I'm like the others in that I've heard girls steal beauty and boys don't. Obviously just another one of those old wives' tales but sometimes it's fun to go on those theories when you haven't found out the gender yet.

I am suddenly feeling like 10 weeks isn't long away at all and I want to cherish all the time I can with just dd! Feeling nostalgic about our one on one time coming to an end...even though I know life with 2 will also be amazing!

I'm feeling very uncomfortable a lot of the time too. My belly is massive and very tender at times. I think it's my skin stretching. I'm getting stretch marks like I never got with DD. I didn't even see the few I got with her until after she was born - they were so unnoticeable. But now I feel like they're going to be crazy with this one. None too pleased about it. :(

I just can't wait for this pregnancy to be over and to be done with this phase of my life. I don't love pregnancy and I won't have another kid, so I'll be happy to have two pregnancies behind me and to never have to worry about it again.

Slammer - oh no! Sorry you are getting such bad stretch marks this time! That's no fun. I got very lucky and didn't get a single one with DD, and haven't so far this time either. My mom never got any either so guess I got that trait from her.

Sorry you're so done with pregnancy and ready to be done with this phase of life! I am not enjoying pregnancy either but since I know we'll likely have another one, I'm not focusing on getting this phase over with since it won't be for a while! Hopefully your baby comes a wee bit early for you. :)

Slammer - I just want to say that my stretch marks fade really well and don't look that bad. Hopefully it will be the same for you. I'm over them. I've had them since I hit my teenage growth spurt.

Lite - Same with DS with me. Definitely enjoying our time together. It won't be for awhile but I'm going to definitely make sure we have time together as just us 2 after baby. Besides just during baby's naps. DH plans to take DS out to have time as just them 2 and give me baby bonding time.

I signed up for this https://www.enfamil.com/enrollment/...T1HOG4S1LX__p4ZF1LHMtoCBQkRDrme4GkBoClgzw_wcB
Definitely worth it. I haven't got the badges, though. Bummer!

Sometimes it's weird to think about how so many big unknowns of your life when you were younger are all settled now. Like I used to wonder when I'd get married, who I'd marry, when I'd have kids and what their names would be. Now all those big questions are almost behind me. I know there's still a lot of life left and who knows what will happen, but it's interesting to be at this point.

Slammer - It's true! Now most of my wonders revolve around my children. My fears and hopes for them. It's definitely an interesting age to raise children.

If anyone is still needing some baby items right now Fisher Price has a buy 2 get 15% off, 3 20%, and 4 25%. Can be a great savings! They have sale items as well and it works on them. No price limit. Also if you sign up you get a 10$ coupon and I think it should stack just fine. Still waiting on mine because it can take up to a day is what it said. Also good for anyone needing to get toys for Christmas!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. As it is.. I don't get to celebrate at all at this point with DH and DS. I could celebrate it with family, but DH won't be there and it'll really suck. Also, I have to work on my birthday and I can't really celebrate it any other day because DH works. The only two people I can ask to work it won't so far.

So I feel both Thanksgiving and my birthday are essentially ruined. I'm just sitting here crying which makes me feel pathetic. On top of that.. DH works my birthday currently, I have no sitter, and I will not force DH to stay up for over 48 hours again. The other bad thing is with my stepmother being DON it's causing issues on her end. I can't keep working there, I'm done once I hit maternity leave. Which scares me because now I have to find another job and it'll put a lot of pressure on me.

Ali - I'm so sorry you can't celebrate Thanksgiving with your DH, and that he works your birthday as well! That is horribly disappointing and dismal. I'd be crying too! Lots of hugs.

Slammer - that is really interesting that you're at that point!0

Ally- oh no, I'm so sorry. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday as well and I would be upset if dh wasn't off work. That on top of your birthday really sucks! I know it isn't the same, but hopefully you guys are able to celebrate them a different night!

We won't really have the time with him working and then I'm usually working when he's not. I knew he was going to have to work Thanksgiving, but didn't think they'd throw him several hours ahead of his normal schedule. I wish we both had "regular" jobs where they don't work holidays or weekends.

My mood is complete crap and it's keeping me awake. When I get like this I remember everything that bothers me. Then I can't sleep because I lay there and seethe.

Hopefully I sleep this off. I hate being like this.

On the bright side, baby is moving around like crazy. Guess he knows I need some company, even if some of it is painful.

Literati- thank you, i am happy about that too :) Yes and when you think about it could be slightly less than 10 weeks- cherish the time with your DD

slammerkin- sorry to hear you are having a hard time- not long to go now and then it's over! Hope baby comes a couple weeks early for you

ali- so sorry to hear that, i would be crying about that too. When is your birthday? is there maybe an evening or afternoon you and DH could both spend some time together in the next week weeks? like go out for a meal? and sounds like a job change might be better for you, especially if it fits better with your husbands job and you can get more time together. Hope you managed to sleep off your mood, i hate those kind of nights. Baby is defo giving you some company. My boy moves sooo much i wonder if he ever sleeps!

I had my antenatal class last night, was all on labour. did scare me- i'm not going to lie!!!

Sorry you are emotional ;( its hard enough at the end as it is, let alone with other stress :(

The labour in classes can be scary. Though, We had ours last night and it sounded scary than anything I have experienced with my 3 so do not worry they just cover lots.

NCT was not so good last night. One woman reeeeaaaallly wound me up commenting on co sleeping and people who do not go to events due to childcare issues. I was so wound up I think my OH was even scared of me. Of course I am so quiet that I didnt say anything.

Had MW today. Still measuring 27w at nearly 34 xx

midnight- nice to hear from you :) i agree, i think they just cover everything when in reality we might have labours that are very different.
how come baby is measuring at 27? does that mean your having a small baby? glad baby doing well though.
haha i;m not as quiet, i probably would have said something :D

At the last growth scan the baby was fine weight wise but fundal height is just not going up? Have another scan next week.

If she annoys me next week I might lol

How are you?

At the last growth scan the baby was fine weight wise but fundal height is just not going up? Have another scan next week.

If she annoys me next week I might lol

How are you?

ah ok- as long as baby is doing well :)

i've been ok, i don't know if you got time to read back far enough, but i had a wee stint in hospital, developed an awful rash. It's now managed with steriod cream and antihistamines, so i generally feel quite itchy. don't think it will go away until hes born. Had a growth scan but all is well with baby.
Looking forward to meeting him now!! :)

We could maybe go out for supper somewhere but would have to take DS. We have no one to watch him. That's fine but limits our options because he does not want to sit still. He's much more likely than some children to have a tantrum if I continuously won't let him do what he wants. Last time we went out with him I ended up holding him back from running off by his pants and shoving my food down my throat. :dohh: So probably won't happen.

My birthday is the 26th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->