January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

slammerkin- good advice about shampoo. When i was in hospital with the rash, the shampoo they gave me made my hair look really greasy.

Lit- will be adding flip flops to my list! thanks

vrogers- i feel clueless too, you are not alone. But i feel like i want to do things early and be prepared, plus it is exciting. sorry to hear you had a bad night with heartburn. hope today is better for you

angel- exciting about baby shower, mines is in 8 days, yah!

DH informed me that my father called him last night and told him that he needed to make me go to the family reunion Thanksgiving. I. Did. Not. Want. To. Period. Well now I feel guilty and probably will have to make an appearance. DH wasn't suppose to tell me why, but of course he did. My crazy aunt who I avoid like the plague (she lives just around the corner from me and doesn't know it) is doing a graduation party for me for getting my RN :dohh: I knew SOMETHING was going to happen this time and wanted to avoid it by not going. Either regarding getting married or graduation and sure enough.

Sure it's nice of her, but I really don't want it. The "parties" they have there are always super awkward where only a few people go over and the rest don't care at all. Then I have a cousin that will be there that I hate seeing because he was a real pig to me during a wedding when drunk once and it sickens me to see him.

I don't even feel good about getting my RN at the moment because I've been so stressed out at my job. I really feel like it was a waste of my time. I know the field is vast so I will find something I like, but at the moment it's just a source of stress.

My shift got covered on my birthday (Yay!) Then later that day I find this out (Not so yay..) because it's the day of this dumb reunion. Now I know why my stepmom tried really hard to get it covered for me. Ugh..

Whine whine whine. That's been my week! :haha: Sorry ladies.. it's not like me. This week has really gotten to me, though. Most of it feels silly to me, but it's still bothering me.

Ready for this month to be over now. I am looking forward to putting the tree up for DS. It's DH's year to decide the theme of the tree, so he better make up his mind!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Danser - I hope things are going well for you and E!

Hi ladies just checking in to say everything is going okay with me and T.J. :thumbup: I've got to finish packing my hospital bag too.

Ali- I say skip the thanksgiving and do what you want with who you want! But I know it's hard (for me anyway) to avoid family especially on a holiday. We go to dh's moms for thanksgiving (and Christmas) every year but this year I'm not feeling it. I know we will end up most likely going anyways because I would feel guilty not going. Your cousin sounds like a pig.
Yay for your shift getting covered! I would think you could get out of thanksgiving but it may be hard to get out of the reunion. But I really think it should be your choice!

We have to make a couple pecan pies tomorrow for the thanksgiving lunch at dh's work Monday. Thankfully family is invited so more thanksgiving food for me!

Skye- good to hear from you and glad you are both doing well! :)

Danser- also hope you and little one are doing well!

Vrogers - The reunion is the the Thanksgiving that is on my birthday. It's the most awkward family gathering. There is a lot of bad blood between everyone on my dad's side. I was so happy to have the perfect excuse not to go and then all this dumb stuff comes up. I'm really irritated because my father could have just told her I wasn't going to be there, but no. I won't feel thankful for the graduation "party" it'll feel awkward and I'll have a hard time showing appreciation. I feel bad because of it, but it's how I always feel there and if they put me in the center of attention it'll be worse.

I am still tempted to not go and if I do "go" I'm going in then cutting out in 15-30 minutes because "I have plans." Which I will but most likely they'll be flexible and I'm just going to pretend they aren't.

Oh sweet Thanksgiving food.. how I'm going to miss you! I still might go to my cousin's on Thanksgiving, but not 100% sure. I'll make some turkey and simple stuff here if I don't. Can always eat left overs!

Skye - Glad you're doing well!!

DH has been letting a friend borrow his car and then also loaned them money. It's making me anxious. They have ruined their vehicles before. I also hate loaning out money.. we should get it back next time they get paid, but they're also suppose to be taking their vehicle in so if that doesn't happen I'm going to get really irritated. That car isn't fully insured because it's a cheap vehicle, but we can't do without. We don't use it much because the way our hours work we can just use our good one, but there has been times where if we didn't have it there would be a real problem.

If it's not one thing stressing me this week it's another.

I went and got a massage today. He literally spent the whole hour working on my hips and lower back and glutes, nothing else. Thankfully afterwards my hips weren't hurting anymore and I could walk again. Still have the pelvic pain but it was a little less, and I could tolerate it a lot easier without the combination of pelvis + back and hip pain!

Friday we went and toured one of the local daycare centers that I'm strongly leaning toward using. We won't have to worry about it until September because between my mom and sister and me having summer break off, I've managed to wrangle care until then. I'm really happy with this center, we had a lot of referrals to go there and they have a great educational curriculum that they use, starting as early as infant care. Plus they are breastmilk friendly location (a lot of places are not!) and even encourage moms to come in on lunch break and breast feed in the infant room if they want to. Plus their fees are very reasonable compared to some of the other places around. I'm very happy with this place I think. :)

We're looking at hospital tour, and the hospital we will deliver at has some pics online which make the birthing suites look pretty nice. I think I've decided to go ahead and sign up for a childbirth class, but of course I'm too late to do a 5-week class so I think we'll do a 2-day class. It'll be a long weekend but they cover all the same info as the 5 week class, just a little quicker. I'm also going to sign us up for infant CPR. There's ALSO a breastfeeding class that's available that I am going to look at since I am so new to everything. I'm the kind of person that likes to over prepare (helps with my anxiety) so I think I'll be doing a few of these. I had thought about it before but honestly most of this pregnancy hasn't felt "real" until right about now! :dohh:

Thanks Ali!!

Ally - Yay! 8 days! That sounds so exciting!!

ali- i am glad you got your birthday off, but sorry about the rest of the hassle. Sounds like it hasn't been you week! but this is the place to moan and rant away!! i think you should have a nice long hot bath and relax!

skye- glad u are doing well

angel- that is exciting about the daycare center! and the extra classes sounds like a good idea. There are some i could go to, and i am undecided just now, but really think it would be beneficial.

Ali- ah I see, that sounds like a pain to deal with. Maybe at the very least you could leave early and blame other plans or "I don't feel good". I hope it isn't too miserable either way! How frustrating with the car and money situation. I don't like "lending" out money either, I agree with the whole don't lend out money you wouldn't want back deal. Also I hope you get thanksgiving food somehow :)

Angel- you sound more prepared than me! We skipped out on our birthing class because we chickened out and I had lots of school work that evening anyways. We do want to do a hospital tour too as well though!

Ali - well that is nice of them to throw you a party. Sorry it has made you feel obligated to go when you don't really want to though. Sounds stressful. You've definitely had a rough week.

Angel - I'm glad the massage helped so much! I've been getting massages regularly this pregnancy and it does really help.

VRogers - yum! I absolutely love pecan pie!

Ally - If only our bath was bigger and I didn't feel like a whale in it haha

Vrogers - The wife won't not pay us back, but I hope they don't try to put it off. She's too kind hearted. Her husband on the other hand.. I definitely would have said no. He's not that bad of a guy, but very childish for his age.

I never did any birthing classes or anything with my first. I was just like "I got this." I don't regret not going either. I knew a lot from my nursing classes anyways. They recommended the sibling class this time and I still won't bother. I think the nurses expected me to be more of pain when I came in thinking I would be uninformed. Instead my main nurse actually told me she was bored and was practically begging me to ask her to do something. Then she was off her shift before DS arrived so she really missed out.

I got a little more deep cleaning done today. Slowly but surely.

Got blood test results back. I'm slightly anemic, but hoping that the doc doesn't want me to take iron tablets or anything. I know they are notorious for causing constipation and I've been working so hard to avoid that! My appointment is on Tuesday.

I'm so impressed with how organised many of you are. I haven't even thought about birthing classes. I guess I naively thought I'd figure it out as I went along... stupid first timer mistake?

Newbie - Not at all! You can be self informed, you don't NEED classes. I wouldn't have gone even if I wasn't in nursing school. It just helped because we did cover some birthing. I was probably more informed than most. You can do them if you want and a lot of FTMs like it to meet others.

Literati- me too! They are currently sitting in the kitchen taunting me.

At least his wife will make sure they pay you guys back. I reeeally need to deep clean our house, probably need to start before I get much more uncomfortable!

Newbie- I hope you don't have to take iron tablets! Constipation is no fun. And I think you're good, I think birthing classes definitely help, but I'm sure there's plenty of good YouTube videos out there -I'll probably watch some just so I have an idea of what to expect

Vrogers - I've been more productive the last couple of days. I'm hoping it's an early nesting wave. If I remember right, I nested early with DS.

Newbie - Sorry you're a bit anemic. Maybe if you make sure you up your meat portions and such you can avoid the iron tablets? But hopefully if they have to take them they won't bother you too much.

Thanks ladies! Great idea about the YouTube videos. I'll look into that. I don't want to go to birthing classes because I don't want to be the only expat there and have the class be in a language I only partly understand or have to force the instructor to do it in English, potentially broken English. Doctors speak English here, but I'm not sure if someone like that would. Maybe I'll look into it... I think language is the one way I can make sure dh is in the delivery room - I'll convince him I need him for translation, or at least complete understanding of what is going on.

I could do with some nesting :haha: we move on Sunday so my life is crazy right now!

ali- aw bless you, i haven't had a bath in ages to be honest haha.

newbie- im on iron tabs, and to be honest i haven't suffered constipation, but i think i;ve always been lucky, i never really had it at all during pregnancy. I'm only going to the birthing classes as they come with the NHS, and so are free. I agree with Ali, you do not need them. I haven't learned much i didn't know, and we haven't gone over any breathing techniques etc that i think woild be most useful (even though i did a 8 week pregnancy breathing class)

i am intrigued... where do you live?!

ali- when you say you nested early- how early ? i have had an energy burst, and haven't been feeling tired etc. But no real urge to clean haha.

van kiwi- good luck with move, hope you get a nesting wave!

AFM, had midwife check up today, all s good, nothing to really report.i've had quite a lot of pressure feelings in my pelvic area and cramp like feelings too. Midwife said the babies head had moved a little, so that might be why, but i've just to keep an eye on it. I ordered a pregnancy ball, it came today. Want to try and do exercises etc on it.

x

I took iron with DD and didn't have any constipation issues, but I've been struggling with constipation issues this pregnancy even before adding iron. I'm taking it again because I'm slightly anemic too. I think it's worth it to take the iron and to try to fight constipation in other ways.

I did a whole 12 week Bradley method class for DD, but not doing anything this time.

Hospital tour on Dec 1st! I need to do the pre-registration too. I forget who was asking about whether doing a hospital tour was the norm (Angel maybe?). I think it totally is normal for first-timers. I didn't birth in a hospital with DD, so I want to do it before this one, since I will be in hospital for this baby. And I think the pre-registration is so they have all your insurance info ahead of time and you're not dealing with forms and such when you're arriving in labor.

Oooo pre-registration! Thanks for bringing it up, I need to do that asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->