January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Hi all! Sounds like most of you had a nice Thanksgiving!

I'm one of those crazy black Friday shoppers haha except this year the only store I went to and waited in line was the Carter's baby & kid clothing store. They do a giftcard giveaway to the first 100 people in line. I won a $5 giftcard and my mom (who didn't even want to go but I dragged her out) won the big $100 giftcard! Plus they had 60% off everything so we were able to get a ton of clothes for my 2 girls plus baby girl on the way... got her new takehome outfit! So excited!

I did the rest of my shopping online, but did go to Target late morning today because they had 30% off clothes plus another 15% off with their cartwheel app... no way I could pass that up! I love my deals lol I'm done shopping for my girls and all my nieces and nephews, and didn't pay full price for a single thing.

33 weeks! My doctor's office considers full term at 37 weeks. I'm getting a lot of hip and pelvic pain from my spd... shopping killed me! Lol

I wasn't going to buy the new baby anything because we have everything saved and in good condition from the girls, but I splurged and bought the take home outfit set, some new sleep and plays, hats, and a new Halo sleep sack swaddle.

Nothing like a quick power nap that ends up lasting 2.5 hours! Feeling much better.

Sounds like many of you did very well in the sales. I'm hoping to place a couple of orders tomorrow that I'll have sent to coworkers' places in the us to bring back for me when they return from their Christmas visits.

I'm kinda joining the nesting group right now. Trying to get a few things organised so I can start going through baby stuff. Now need dh to come home to help with some lifting and moving!

angel-glad to hear i am not the only heater. Planning to move for about 6 months- 1 year, and look for our place in the mean time. My parents will be grandparents for the first time, so they are just excited they will be around baby all the time.

ali- i am hoping mines will be out in a few weeks too haha, i am quite over pregnancy now and my big bump is just ridiculous. Good for you for handing in your notice! Im sure all will fall into place.

angel- in the UK term is 37- 40 weeks, and then after that you are post term. So for me, i just want to get to 37 weeks ,then i am happy for the wee man to pop out anytime after.

newbie- that power nap sounds great.

i still dont feel "nesty" but i am having to clear out stuff in prep for moving to my parents in a few weeks so its almost forced nesting haha.

my baby shower is tomorrow!! really looking forward to it x

Ally - It'll come I'm sure! It's odd to get a burst of energy and the drive to do a bunch when you've felt like doing nothing for so long. Maybe the baby shower will trigger it! I know when I get new items I'm pretty excited and get into doing things involving baby's arrival.

Newbie - That's great that you can still get in on some of the good sales over here! I'm so jealous of that nap!! DS stayed up super late but slept in so I guess it paid off.

Greats - That's awesome!! I'm glad you got those gift cards. I knew about them, but wasn't going to be doing it! I know a lot of people enjoy Black Friday, I just can't. Even though I LOVE deals my anxiety and phobia of crowds get the best of me. I think baby needed a few things of her own!

It's my birthday today and so far it's been pretty good! So glad I didn't have to work!! DH bought me a bunch of socks (I love socks!) and a new Fitbit. I absolutely love them and hope this one lasts longer. I will be a bit irritated if it doesn't! It really did help me lose weight as it was a good reminder to get up and move. He also got me a Galaxy tablet so he really spoiled me. It was the Black Friday one so he got it super cheap. He thought they were all sold out, but he found one laying somewhere weird and he grabbed it otherwise he wouldn't have gotten that for me. Also, best part, he made me breakfast! He doesn't cook because he really doesn't know how. I'm slowly training him :haha:, but he does make a killer french toast and that's what I got!

Right now DH is getting some sleep since he worked last night. I don't know what we're doing today yet. Being a Saturday I know places are going to be crowded. No one to watch DS, so we'll have some family time. It just limits what we can do.

Ally- have fun at your shower, can't wait to hear what all you get!

Happy birthday, Ali! Glad you are able to relax and enjoy today!

Happy birthday Ali!!!!!!! Sending you lots of love. So glad you got spoilt :)

Happy birthday AliJo, and good for you for putting in your notice. I'm sure you'll work things out when you need a job, but it will be great to not be anxious over going back to a place you hate while on leave.

I'm not sure what my practice calls full term. I'd love to have this baby at 38 weeks though. I just hope he comes our as healthy as DD. She was healthy as a horse at 38+6.

I got woke up at 2:30 in the morning and couldn't fall back asleep. Tried for over a hour and half. I'm tired, but it's just not coming to me. Of course I have to work today so I'm going to be miserable. Alarms go off in about 30 minutes.

I thought I was going to get a good nights rest because I had no issues falling asleep.

Glad everyone had a good thanksgiving and lots were able to score some good Black Friday deals. The Black Friday sales aren't nearly as good here in Canada but the nice thing is they usually last all weekend so I was able to buy some Christmas gifts with the sales yesterday while at the mall (and it wasn't even that busy)! I also bought the new baby some adorable little boots and a toque and mitts because dd1 was a summer baby so all her winter gear will be too big.

Ali -good for you for putting in your notice! That must be very exciting to have an end in sight! It'll be great to be done before Christmas!

Happy belated birthday! So glad you were off work and that your DH spoiled you. I hope you had some nice family time together.

Anyone a Gilmore Girls fan? My mom, sister and I got together to watch all 4 new episodes yesterday! That was nice. :)

I am not in nesting mode and my house is a huge mess and making me want to scream but I'm too tired and busy to do anything about it. I wish magical cleaning fairies would come clean for me.

Literati- Gilmore girls fan here! My best friend (who is a newer fan) came over early Friday morning and we watched all 4 episodes. I then showed them to dh yesterday (he watched the original show with me especially when I told him how much he reminds me of Luke!) so I've watched them twice now. I'm sad that I'm already done though, it was amazing seeing everyone again and I cried through most of the fall episode haha

DH and I went to a local "Pop Culture" museum yesterday. It's supposed to be pretty good but we really were there because they had a Star Trek Exhibit going on with props that were the actual originals from the films/tv-show. We are major nerds :haha: However by the time we were done there I was really hurting (spd is kicking my ass). Luckily my sister and I had a massage for yesterday scheduled so my therapist spent another hour just working on hips, lower back and glutes. I can walk again! :happydance: Unfortunately because baby shower next week falls right in the middle of my therapists work hours, I can't get in to see him for another 2 weeks. I never thought I would be moaning about only getting a massage every 2 weeks, I usually feel blessed with my 1 hour a month!! This is just hurting so bad! :cry:

I only have to make it 3 weeks before we are on holidays for Christmas, and then I'm really hoping this little girl comes around 38 weeks so I don't have to go back for the one week of January before I'm due! :haha: I'm beginning to wonder what the heck I was thinking saying I could work up to a few days before due date, but I know my big fear is she'll be late and I wasted Mat Leave time by sitting around the house.

I'm seriously considering looking up ways to get labor to come quicker and start doing whatever the internet says around 38 weeks :haha:

I can't believe tomorrow is 34 weeks for me! :wacko:

Ally - enjoy the baby shower!! Mine is in a week, I'm so excited! :)

Ali - Happy birthday! Which fitbit did you get? I just upgraded to the Blaze and I'm loving it. though....now I'm annoyed because I have significantly decreased my activity in the last month or so and I struggle to get even 3,000 steps some days when it used to be 10,000 was a breeze before the work day even ended! :wacko:

Literati - Yes! Gilmore Girls fan here!! I watched the first 2 episodes. Plan to try to watch the next two today if I can, but I have some work I have to do first. :( Might have to spread them out during this week. What did you think?!

Angel- I know you didn't ask me but I would stretch them out if you can! Makes it last longer. I wish I had the patience and self-control but I wanted to watch it all at once!

Angel- I know you didn't ask me but I would stretch them out if you can! Makes it last longer. I wish I had the patience and self-control but I wanted to watch it all at once!

I think I'm going to try!! It's so hard to stop watching!! I <3 The Gilmore Girls and hate that they only have 4 episodes here (even if they are long episodes)

lit- never watched gilmore girls actually, but heard it is good.

angel- i'll be doing the same around 38 weeks, all the thinks to kick start labour! Your regular massages sound wonderful.

My baby shower was great, really spoilt. We got a baby bath, baby sling, toys, lots of clothes, and my friend hand knitted some shoes - have attached some pics. My friends made the theme "under the sea", and got an amazing cake (see pic). DH and I have nothing left really to buy now except a few small bits like nappies, breasfeeding stuff.

Attachments

• SuJE-ivU.jpg
    SuJE-ivU.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 6
  • CySsZJJWIAAhmHU.jpg
    CySsZJJWIAAhmHU.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 6
  • CySsZJRWIAAkhPj.jpg
    CySsZJRWIAAkhPj.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 4
  • SUCnM3kM.jpg
    SUCnM3kM.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 5
Ally - What a lovely baby shower! Thanks for sharing pics. Glad you had fun.

Angel - I really enjoyed it! They stayed true to the show and it felt like no time had passed. :) Yay!

VRogers - oh wow, amazing you've watched twice already! I see what you mean about how it would be nice to have not watched it already so you could savour it for a bit longer!

Ally - Love the theme!! Very cute! Glad it turned out well!

Angel - I was going to get the Blaze until the Charge 2 came out! I love it! The Charge 2 has most of the same capabilities. It has the new guided breathing exercises which I don't know if I'll ever use, but maybe it would be good for me when I'm stressed. :haha: Today was the first full day of me wearing it and since I worked I'm almost at 10,000 steps. Otherwise I'd probably be really lacking in the step department.

Never watched a single episode of Gilmore Girls. Instead I'm sitting here waiting for new episodes from like Westworld, The Walking Dead, can't wait for Game of Thrones. I have a lot of Netflix shows we need to catch up on, too. I get into binge sessions.

Work kind of sucked, but at least I got out at a decent time. My stepmom sent my dad over with food from their Thanksgiving. I ate the pickle roll ups and deviled eggs and was full. I brought it home planning on eating more, but then gave it all to DS and DH. Well most of it.

I'm so ready to crawl into bed and sleep till morning. DH and I plan on tackling some organizing projects tomorrow to get ready for baby and Christmas! :xmas23: I had to use a Christmas emote! Might as well abuse them while I can!

thank you Lit and Ali , it really was a great day

im not really a big series watcher, the last thing i watched was stranger things and i loved that. And i also watched Sherlock Holmes which is really fantastic!

ali- hope you slept well, and good luck on organizing today. Gosh we are all going to have our babies soon!

Hi all. I have read back all posts but can not 'quote' on my phone and I get confused ha ha.

Baby shower looks wonderful!

I am 35 weeks now. Too pregnant to be driving 400miles but I did at the weekend. I had my Mothera blessing way and feel truely blessed. Added a pic to my avatar. On sunday I was part of a menarche ceremony. Love love my friends.

But so so so so tired now.

Glad to be back.

Had a scan last week as fundal height measures 27cm at 34 weeks. All is ok and babe weighed 5lb 3oz. No concerns at all.

Hope you are all well. OMG we are soooo close now. Does anyone wa a add on fB x

Not much going on here. I have a Fitbit but I haven't used it since May. It was rare for me to reach 10,000 steps even before getting pregnant so I shudder to think where I am at now. But I work a sedentary job and am not motivated the rest of the time. :(

We got everything we need to make up DD's new room in the next day or so. DH needs to put the bed together, but that will probably happen tomorrow while DD's at daycare.

Need to follow-up on my breast pump order. I started the process over a week ago, but didn't pull the trigger at the time, so I need to do that now.

Got most of my Christmas shopping done online today. Hopefully putting up a tree this week.

Hospital tour on Thurs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->