January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Had a huge fight with dh because I'm pressuring him to get stuff organised for the baby coming. I want to get the crib from his sister's place, get the new chest of drawers set up, organise our room so I can get the baby's stuff sorted out. My boss wants to know what I have and what I need so she can tell the people coming to the shower. I started getting stressed out because I couldn't see a way to do that without upsetting dh. Then it occurred to me that I'd cleared out the wardrobe in our spare room to get ready for my mum arriving. There's two drawers in there completely empty, so I just spent 30 minutes going through the clothes I have and sorting them into sizes. It seems I have a whole load of stuff for 0-3 months and a good start for 3-6 months, but literally nothing for after that. I have no textiles (sheets, towels, face washers, etc) and that's pretty much it! Aside from the car seat, stroller and crib (when we get it). I feel better going through it all and seeing what's missing. Dh gave me a face when he saw what I was doing. I did it with zero impact on him and I didn't ask him for anything. I don't think he realises that this baby could basically come at any time.

Has anyone else's bump dropped A bit? I think mine has... not completely and I'm not feeling any pressure - and I'm still getting awful heartburn - but he's definitely sitting lower. Hope he stays put until at least December 27 - that's when my mum arrives!

Midnight - how nice of your friends to celebrate you and your coming baby! :) Glad you had a nice time.

Slammer - I also have a super sedentary job and don't have energy or motivation to move the rest of the time! Oh well.

Newbie - I totally understand being stressed out. It sucks your husband can't be more understanding. I get very focused on baby prep in the last few months and I get so panicked if everything isn't set up and ready. I am more relaxed this time, but I was a huge ball of stress last pregnancy and I made DH do all his set-up stuff very early (but thankfully he didn't complain). This time I am more laid back/too busy to care, but even so my ever growing "before baby" to-do list is giving me stress bubbles and making me panic! Ugh!

Newbie sorry you and he are fighting, I too am starting to panic about everything that we have left to do (which in reality isn't very much) and dh tries but has certainly let me know that all of my panic is driving him crazy. I had a major breakdown about it to him and now when I start to panic he just lets me get out my crazy. Today my panic is toward my MIL lol. She tells me that she has a big pile started for baby, but I really need to know what she has. I'm struggling with a polite way of telling her to go ahead and mail everything to me because I am not going to feel like putting stuff away when she comes to visit after the baby is born! I hope your dh can come around and you can get everything put together.

Ally- how cute! Glad you had a good time, and that cake looks delicious

Midnight- glad you and baby are doing well and baby is measuring just fine! What a cute new picture

Newbie- I'm sorry about the fight with your dh. It seems like because men aren't the ones carrying the babies and actually physically feeling the changes as well, they have a harder time understanding everything that comes with it. I keep pressuring my dh to paint the baby's dresser so we can finish setting up her room (it's not absolutely urgent that it needs to be set up asap since she'll be in our room for awhile, but I would at least like her room organized and set up just in case). I tell dh pretty much daily "x days left...or less" (I don't even want to THINK about going over though ha!) and it always freaks him out.
I can't tell if my bump has dropped but I definitely think baby has gone head down...I think? The past couple days I've been feeling movement super low down and then today was getting huge kicks in the ribs. I hope she's head down anyway, guess I can ask at my apt tomorrow

Have my 34 week apt tomorrow and then in 2 weeks starts my cervix checks. That makes it feel much closer!

midnight- glad you and baby are well :)

newbie- sorry to hear that, men are just a pain at times! My dh has been a bit lazy, i have to nag at him to get things done, but i think that is just men in general!!
not sure about bump.. my MIL thinks it has dropped but i dont think so

vrogers- i think you are right about guys not feeling the pressure in the same way. plus i think to some men like my DH it still feels quite surreal and he cant quite believe we will have a baby soon. hope your appt goes well!

I just have one in two weeks- 36 week appointment that includes a growth scan. Hoping he arrives not too long after!

I can't believe i'm 34 weeks today! Only 3 weeks until "term" according to doc! And 3 weeks until I'm on Xmas break so I can rest for a couple weeks! I've been so exhausted lately, I need the extra sleep. lol

Baby shower coming up on Sunday and I'm getting so excited. I keep cheating and looking on my registry because I can see what's been purchased. :haha:

I have no idea if baby has actually dropped but I'm sure she's head down. My appointment is tomorrow I think that's my last "boring check up style appointment"

Newbie - sorry to hear you're stressed. I'm there too. I told DH today we have to finish getting the baby's room ready. We still have a few things to get out of there and sort out because when we replaced the floors we put everything in the nursery and we haven't moved everything back out yet :dohh: I also did my baby clothes sorting! I think it's just something to keep us busy.

Midnight - That' s so neat! Seems like you have some great friends! Are you pretty much ready for baby?

Slammer - I wish I had a sedentary job right now. I get to hurting and it takes a whole day to recover. I'm lazy at home generally. Only around 3000 steps today.

Newbie - I'm sorry about your fight with DH. It's definitely different for them. My DH starts to get a little anxiety. He's been saying how much more real it feels seeing baby items around. We got the crib set up in our room and he just stares at it and says "Oh god.. it's getting so close.." :haha: If I want something done I generally have to start it in one from or another. Otherwise he'll float on thinking that it can be done another day until there isn't another day. I'm bad at procrastinating, but he's worse.

I haven't dropped, but I read that you may not drop till close to labor after your first.

Foggy - If you can't get her to mail it maybe she'll be happy to put it away? I can see her wanting to personally give it to you. My MILwill mail everything because she can't personally come down. I get some of the ugliest baby clothes from her :haha: I just let her.. she enjoys sending things so I don't spoil it.

Vrogers - Ugh, I'm not too excited for my 36 week apt. I hate being exposed and DH won't be in there so I'll just feel worse. He has to stay with DS. I feel so gross down there right now! :dohh:

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. The time is flying. We got the crib converted back and put in our room. So odd seeing it like that again. DS made it.. fun.. trying to move it and convert it back. I'm glad he'll have some time to adjust to seeing some of the changes.

For about 3 hours I was having BHs 3 minutes apart and lasting about 30-45 seconds. Not use to that since I hardly felt them with my first. Didn't hurt but was uncomfortable at times. They finally calmed down after laying down for awhile.

Thanks so much ladies. I really appreciate your support! AliJo, you said something that made sense to me - dh has really bad anxiety, so maybe avoiding having baby stuff around helps him to avoid the anxiety he's feeling about the baby coming. He needs to go back to his doctor to talk through the stuff he can't verbalise with me, but she's on leave for another couple of weeks. Maybe I'll call the clinic today to find out when she's back...

Parent-teacher conferences today - thank goodness I'm not a classroom teacher any more! I'll just be around to support my teachers and chase away any harassing parents!

My OH is massively stressed amd anxious too.

Awake with heartburn 😣😣😣

angel- i am 34 weeks too, and just like you, i have 3 weeks till i am full term. That is my next milestone :) i am excited for you to have your baby shower. I honestly loved mine and it;s great getting gifts- we saved loads of money.

it's quite funny how we are all moaning about her DH's! I find though that, if i get up and start doing stuff, he starts also, as he doesn't like me moving stuff about, lifting things etc.

ali- yah on 35 weeks! just 5 weeks till your due date! glad the BH calmed down after you lay down.

newbie- yes maybe a good idea to mention to him about his anxiety.

midnight- have u tried airwaves gum with menthol? they work for me.

nothing really to report, baby very active, and some movements feel jaggy like when he randomly sticks out a foot. Tomorrow is my last antenatal class, and two weeks tomorrow till another growth scan.

Il give them a try. So frosty here. Gonna walk to shop (10min walk) as didnt go out yest and toddler is going crazy.

Its going to do me in. Hate feeling so useless! Had enough now.

My OH is good but stresses too much about it all. And yes we are NOT ready really either to be honest. Ugh!

Good luck at growth scan x

midnight- fizzy water helps too. I have heartburn just now also, such a nuisance. Hate feeling useless too, we are nearly there now!!!

Thankfully DH pretty much just does my bidding, lol. I don't think he's feeling too anxious. Though he says with our first the time just dragged on and on, but that this pregnancy has flown by.

DD's new bed came yesterday and DH was able to put it together while she "helped." She napped on it and then she and I finished putting the whole room together in the evening. Exhausting for me, but it was the biggest thing I wanted to get done before baby comes, so I feel good. She was very excited about her Peppa Pig themed room and we slept there last night (daybed with trundle so I took the trundle). :)

Hoping to get a Christmas tree tonight and decorate.

I need to start on a hospital bag and get postpartum supplies. I need to put baby's clothes in the dresser that's now been cleared of DD's stuff. And need to get diapers/wipes for baby.

Ive not made a bag either. I am still booked for home birth...but not even got stuff sorted. Nightmare.

I think my OHs anxieties are more when the labour will happen. Will he get home from work, etx I have history of fast labours.i am hoping this is not as short.

I think my DH is less anxious/stressed than me but I could be wrong! He is just usually stressed about work instead so I just assume he doesn't really think much about the baby.

Everyone keeps saying things like I must be so ready for this to be over, and honestly I was a month ago (and I am definitely looking forward to not looking like a whale anymore), but the anxiety is starting to set in about actually taking care of two kids when my toddler is still so needy! I honestly don't know how I'll do it. I'm trying not to worry as I know I'll figure it out when she gets here, but I honestly am feeling pretty stressed about it.

I've started baby's bag already... have her outfits picked out just waiting on something to arrive in the mail from the Carter's store. I will probably wait until the last minute to pack my bag because I don't have many clothes that fit me now so need to keep them out so I can still wear them haha

If anyone is unsure of what to pack for themselves, I highly suggest black colored yoga-type pants. This way if you leak blood off your pad then it won't stain your pants... learned that the hard way! Lol also nothing too tight on your belly since you'll be sore.

well sounds like everyone is getting organised with their hospital bags... going to do mine in the next week or so.
What else are people putting in it?

I'm surprisingly not that anxious about the transition to two kids. At least 'round the house I feel like things will be easier once I have my body back and don't have this massive belly making it hard for me to do things with my 3 year old. Maybe I'm in for a rude awakening, lol. But I have low expectations.

I am still not packing my hospital bag and have no plans for it. But definitely agree with greats about comfy black pants. The "sweats" I am going to be bringing again are black as well.

Slammer - that's good you're not too worried. There's no sense worrying really, even if you're in for a rude awakening (which hopefully you aren't).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->