January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Froggy - That's so great!!! Just in time, too! Glad you have a chance at a vaginal delivery! I couldn't do being waxed by someone else. Maybe at home by DH. Bet that would be a real joy.

Ally - That does sound fun! DS was 8 lb 1 oz and that wasn't bad at all. I wouldn't have had problems if he wasn't sunny side up with his hand on his face.

Midnight - I don't have those but if I did I think I would still want 4 kids! :haha: I'm sorry you have to deal with them, though!

Newbie - I think we most generally hate it! I would honestly consider getting Lazer hair removal down there!

I'm considering that too! There and under my arms. My armpit skin is so pale that it is literally translucent and the hair is awfully dark and coarse. Maybe after baby gets a bit older and I can afford to treat myself.

Falling into bed and praying I get some good sleep tonight...

Ally- that's great you and dh are able to get busy so often! We DTD probably 3-4 times a week before pregnancy, although even more when TTC. Then at 5 and 7 weeks I spotted after DTD which freaked me out so we didn't do it again until about 12 weeks, and thankfully no spotting since. We've only done it a handful of times since then, I'm so paranoid about hurting things even though I know it would be fine.
Also the guessing sounds like a fun little game! Dh and I made our own guesses, his was late December and mine was around January 7 I believe (I didn't write them down) I'm okay with late December though haha

Froggy- amazing news, so happy to hear that! I bet you are relieved!

Midnight- sorry about the painful veins! That definitely doesn't sound pleasant

Its horrid. My MW gave me some compression stuff. I did google and its not uncommon (felt like a freak earlier lol)

Guesses on day and weight sound fun!

DTD is a rare occurrence around here although we did manage it once this month! :p

My trimming situation is also out of control and I've left it for at least a month if not more now. However, I actually do trust and let DH maintain it for me - but honestly we haven't had a spare moment in ages. Once dd doesn't have Saturday morning swimming lessons anymore maybe we'll have time for some trimming. Haha!

Pregnancy does NOT slow my hair growth! I grow it faster and in places I've never grown it before! I hate it! It is handy that the hair on my head gets thicker too, but last year the length grew faster too and this time it hasn't.

Newbie - your countdowns always mAke me feel excited for you! I am always counting down to holidays as well. I have three weeks until my Christmas break, then back for one short week and I'm done for the whole year! I can't wait!

Hope your baby shower is amazing!

Froggy - that's wonderful news! So happy for you!!

Ally - I did that with some family and friends last time, and I ended up winning! I chose the right date of birth and I think was either one ounce off on birth weight or exactly right for that as well. I feel less sure this time haha.

I had my 32 week appointment today, and will see her again at 34 & 36 weeks and then every week until the end! Makes the end very much in sight! Woohoo! I've gained an atrocious amount of weight but I know I'm starting to swell up now and my wedding rings will no longer fix. Hopefully just 8 more weeks of this nonsense.

This weekend, DH and I are throwing a Christmas party and we also have his work Christmas party (if we can find someone to watch dd so I can go) so should fly by and then not long until Christmas!

Midnight - that sounds very uncomfortable! One of my friends had that and said it was horrible.

Lite - It didn't with my first.. but so far it only seems to be my legs that have slowed down. My hair is probably thicker because I don't notice as much loss. I haven't swelled much surprisingly! Which is nice because I was a blimp with my first. My ring is only a tad tight.

Have fun with the Christmas parties!

Newbie - I hope you get some sleep! I'm really hoping I get some good sleep myself tonight. I've been exhausted all day.

I know a newborn is a lot of work. I remember being beyond exhausted the first week DS was home. Didn't help that my Hgb was pretty low after birth. I'm so ready to get some of my energy back, though. DH is going to be home the first week with PTO so I'm hoping that really helps keep the balance. There is definitely a difference between being tired and being pregnant and tired.

Ali - yes, there is a big difference. I would say that one (pregnancy) is fatigue and one (with a baby) is sleep deprivation/tiredness. They are both horrible in different ways but I definitely am looking forward to the pregnancy fatigue being gone. Although I was deliriously sleep deprived for the first little while with a baby, after I pushed through that I felt a lot better as a whole than when I was pregnant and fatigued. So I don't blame you for wanting this pregnancy fatigue over with! I'm hoping DH can take a full week off as well, and then my parents have two weeks off after that which they will be available to help for and hopefully give me naps! Even so, I'm scared of being so sleep deprived and busy and juggling it all!

Lite - Same here. I'm afraid DS will react poorly to me not having the energy for him. That's why I'm mainly thankful for DH taking that week. He can spend a lot of time with DS and keep him entertained when I can't.

vrogers - oh no! I definitely am not wanting to try to cut myself! :wacko: I think I prefer the mirror option too. I don't really want to ask DH to do it.

Ally - I am thinking the same thing, I really don't want to have a ton of hairy legs for labor either! It's so ridiculous being a woman, I reallly don't think my doctor will care, honestly, but I know that I will care. :haha:

We don't have sex very often anymore, especially since the pelvic and hip pain got worse. And since I got big fairly quickly, we haven't been able to have sex in any of our "normal" positions for awhile. Since 3rd tri we've really only had sex about once a month or so. :nope: It kinda sucks but I'm not really wanting it and he isn't pushing so.... yeah.

Froggy - Yay! That's awesome that your placenta previa has resolved!

I feel bad about the sex thing but its such hard work now :(

I think pregnancy tired and newborn tired are different too. Plus I am sick of not taking proper pain killers and energy drinks lol.

I heard we should take iron after birth even if told our levels are normal xx

newbie- hope u got a good sleep :)

vrogers - i think if i had spotted that would have put me off DTD. I only cramped after sex in first tri and then i just stopped cramping.
Oh u should write down and see who is closer! I think i will be a week early, but i'll be very happy if he comes this month as i am quite over pregnancy.

midnight- those veins sound horrid! will they just clear up after birth? i am on iron anyway but i always forget to take my tabs, thanks for reminder!! sex is defo harder work and not quite the same, but nice to do still.

Lit- enjoy your xmas parties . I havent weighed myself in ages but i must be close to 3 stone over my pre pregancy weight. I feel so massive!
Not had any swelling yet though, hope it stays that way!

anyway ladies- ITS THE FIRST OF DECEMBER!! by next month we will all have our babies!!!! and some of us this month! countdown has begun!!

Froggy, I'm so glad to hear your placenta previa has resolved! Such awesome news!

Shaving... I blind shave once a week. I find it pretty easy to just feel around. The key is getting a good razor... had to upgrade mine and I replace it sooner than usual so I don't cut myself and get a close shave.

Dtd... haha! What's that? Maybe once a month? I'm just way too big, too sore, and too tired. Luckily DH is used to it because I've felt the same every pregnancy.

I'm unsure of when I'd like to go into labor... part of me wouldn't mind going late December when I'll be 37-38 weeks but I have a feeling I'll go all the way till mid January. My goal is to go into labor naturally like I did with my first.

Anyone suddenly constipated? I am dyingggggggg. I feel so bloated on top of this big belly. Blah!

Midnight - It would be a good idea for us to because of the blood loss during birth. I should have after DS because I was almost to the point where they needed to give me blood, but I just kept forgetting. Energy drinks are a guilty pleasure of mine. I was craving one so bad awhile back. I don't like to drink them while breastfeeding either, though. DH hasn't been drinking them so I won't be. I don't like him drinking them because he drinks way too many when he does and I worry about his health. I'll stick with minimal coffee.

Ally - I know, it's crazy! In two days my due date is a month away. My first weekly appointment is in a week. I'll be off work in 25 days.

There is still so much I need to do.

Greats - I go in and out of having constipation. I found that V8 juice gets me moving usually. Or even a cup of coffee. If I don't eat or drink enough it causes a problem. I want to go naturally as well which is partly why I want to go a week or two early. Otherwise my OB starts pushing to induce. I basically was with DS since my waters broke and they decided to put me on pitocin since my contractions weren't really there yet.

Short rant

My debit card information got stolen.. again.. used for 142 dollar purchase!! Seems to be from American Girl. Ugh.. I left them a message and called got my card cancelled etc. So sick of it! I'm generally safe with it, but I wouldn't be surprised with what time of year it is that even some of the safest places are getting hit. Last time it happened it was from gas stations and chain restaurants and they had to issue new cards to anyone that used one there.

I wish I could go straight back to cash, just isn't that simple!

Ally- I thought about that when I woke and saw my phone said "December 1" this has flown by for me!

My constipation got a lot worse during third tri, does help to drink as much water as I can. My heartburn however has gotten worse and keeps me up every night. I've never experienced it this bad

Ali- oh no, I'm sorry about the card. That's so frustrating. Cards are convenient in many ways but using cash is definitely more secure. Too bad pretty much everyone has gone to using cards now and I remember maybe last year target got hacked into, and I had used my card there recently so got a letter from my bank and had to get a new card. Wish people just wouldn't steal from others!

That is very stressful about your debit card situation! I have thankfully never had any issues with mine but I can only imagine what a headache it would be!

I thankfully have never had the constipation problem with pregnancy. I think I just got lucky! But I do eat LOTS of fruit and a cup of coffee in the morning which helps!

AliJo, that sucks!!! I hate scumbags who steal! Absolutely ridiculous.

It's frustrating. It is what it is. Hopefully I get my money back (and I should), but it sucks to have to be waiting for it.

I don't like thieves at all. It's one thing to see someone stealing for survival, but I doubt an American Girl doll is necessary! Their finance protection or whatever they called it never called me back either. Ugh..

Lite - Fruit does help a lot! I go through stages of eating too much fruit because it sounds good! Then a day or so later my gut reminds me of all the fruit I just ate!

I got my new carpet cleaner in today. I managed to get my living room done! I'd like to get the bedrooms as well. Definitely feels and smells fresher in here already! Going to put the Christmas tree up tomorrow. Generally, we do it the day after Thanksgiving, but wanted to do the carpets first so I waited.

I'm getting the worst lightning crotch! I get it while I'm sitting which I never really had with my first. As I'm typing he keeps pushing into my cervix! I'm just sitting here like :wacko:.. I mean.. great if he's helping dilate and efface me, but if not he better calm down! At work the other day it was constant for a good 30 seconds or so. That's always fun.

DS went to bed early but then decided to wake up and now it's almost midnight. About to go force him to cuddle me and see if I can get him to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->