January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Hi ladies! :wave: Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Everything is okay, I'm hanging in there. Just counting down the days. Almost there. :)

Vrogers , Angel: i have learnt there is so much more to labour than i thought at first, it really is scary, but hopefully we will all have easy labours and placenta comes out without us even realising it.

ali- at least the little man had a good time eh. there are lots of ways to eat dates, i like them in bar form, they blend easily with other things, or you can cut up pieces and have it with yoghurt etc..

Vankiwi - that sounds horrific, how do they know or find out there is retained placenta??

i am actually now more scared about the placenta part than the baby haha!
I am feeling a bit more movement lower down, i hope he hasn't turned breech. Maybe he is just moving downwards slowly. I am having quite a bit of pelvic pain and peeing more often.
The pram/pushchair and car seat arrived yesterday. Took DH hours to work out how to fold it up haha, was really funny. But it's actually a bit too big for our car! nightmare! i got it as part of a black friday deal. going to go back to store today and see if we can swap it with another one etc. x

I think one placenta starts coming out with the injection they only have 7mins before cervix closes and hence retained. The injection is a artificial hormone thats why x

I don't know about the artificial injections. My midwives I think waited an hour for mine to come, since their usual protocol of having you get up into a squat and push it out within 3-5 minutes didn't work. Mine was just too deeply embedded and was never going to detach on its own. After they got as much out as possible I had to transfer to hospital and go into the OR for an OB to make sure everything was removed. I've never met someone else in real life with a similar experience, so I wouldn't advise others to really worry about this. It's probably pretty rare, and totally not something you can prepare for or prevent.

Aside from the pain of the manual removal, the worst part was being separated from my baby for hours during all that and then being too destroyed hold her or try to feed her the first night. :( I really want that "golden hour" experience this time.

slammerkin- ouch! that sounds a bit traumatic. Hope things are better for you this time!

Slammer - Oh fun, not! I was going to say that it is probably more rare than it sounds! Especially for the full uterus to be retained. I know it's more common for pieces to be left behind which can cause extra bleeding.

Midnight - I don't think I got the injections. I just got the pitocin which I know often they will give or continue afterwards to help the uterus to contract down slowing the bleeding. I know they give methergine sometimes if there is bleeding that needs to be stopped that pitocin won't take care of. Sure there is others. From my understanding most problems from the placenta is from it being retained, as in not releasing from the uterine wall. Partial or full. I guess I never heard of the cervix closing that fast even with medication. It would some I'm sure since there isn't a baby pushing on it. I'd have to do some research to know more about that!

Ally - Baby may be moving down getting ready for labor. I'm sorry about it being too big for your car. That's a real bummer. Glad ours fits in both!

Skye - Hi! Hope you're doing well! It is getting close!

Van - Glad it turned out well for you!

I'm feeling more pressure down low, but I don't expect baby to drop since this is my second. He could, but doubtful. This morning he had my belly all lopsided because he was laying right up against it. I could rub his whole back!

I'm also just getting generally more uncomfortable. My hips ache all the time, I feel a lot of discomfort down low, and I'm just over all sore. I think my nesting died down which makes me sad. I have a lot to do still. I still have groceries sitting in bags from a few days ago. :dohh: Partly because I want to reorganize the cupboards, but still.

Slammer - yes, that sounds really rare and quite crappy! I have never heard of that happening to anyone in RL before. My placenta was not 'retained' but just got really stuck for a bit. And maybe I'm just a wimp for pain but it was very painful for me.

Ali - sorry you're so uncomfortable and now your nesting urge is gone. I still haven't gotten mine, except if you count feeling A TINY bit more productive in the third trimester but still incredibly tired and lethargic and unmotivated. :p

For those panicking about the placenta - don't. I think it was just an unwelcome surprise to me that it was actually painful after all the pain and hard work of birth. I wanted it all to be over with, and ALL my adrenaline had worn off so absolutely nothing was helping with the pain anymore. It's probably worth realizing that it might involve a tiny bit more pain but is usually resolved shortly and it would be rare to get a retained placenta. I also have rarely heard about people having a really painful experience removing the placenta. Mine was a bit stuck so involved a lot more wrenching from the doctors and nurses to get it out, but even that probably isn't common. Hope that helps!?

Ally I bled for around 10 weeks and had an infection, but they did an ultrasound and it was clear. As for my friend, she hemorrhaged after about 10 days as she did have a bit of placenta retained.

Welcome Elonaire! I'll add you to the front page! Great to have someone new! Is this your first one?

Hmmm... haven't tried the stroller in the car. It should fit in mine but not sure about dh's. Hopefully we won't be keeping that car long and won't use it much with the baby. We only have one car seat, so don't want to keep moving it from one car to another. My car is safer anyway. The other one is an older model without many safety features.

That's great! Congrats!! How have you been feeling through your pregnancy?

I think we all have something to complain about at this point!

The first 18 weeks were pretty grim I had hypremesis, everything even water was coming back up and I was hospitalised and extremely tired :sleep:. It was the worst time of my life :cry: but from week 20 onwards ive felt pretty much fine despite the aches and pains :kiss::thumbup:. Little one has been growing perfectly all the way through just wanted to cause me pain I suppose :haha:

ali- we are going to swap it on monday for a smaller one. So all is ok really, plus the one we are getting now instead is much nicer :)
im feeling a little pressure too every now and then. sorry to hear you are feeling more uncomfy- just a few short weeks left hopefully. My belly gets so lopsided too and tummy can feel so hard, i think it's his bum or back haha

lit- thanks for re-assurance, at least i am aware of it and know what could happen

vankiwi- ouch!!!

Elonaire- welcome, so glad to have a new lady join!! its my first too! sorry to hear you had a really rough time. I had an awful time but my timeline was different. I had a very easy pregnancy - no nausea, sickness, tiredness up until about 25ish weeks, and i developed this rare pregnancy immune disorder that resulted in me covered in a horrible blistered red rash. Was in hospital too, worse time ever!!! While it has eased off i have to stay on steriod treatment until baby born and i might have a flare up again as due date gets closer.

these babies eh, giving us so much hassle already!

Ally - ouch sounds as poop as my experience but your little one looks adorable on the picture :) I'll attach my little mans 27-28 week 4d scan pictures to this (he looks exactly like his daddy) :bunny::blue:

Attachments

• 15220008_1022219711241146_5985658427364747643_n.jpg
    15220008_1022219711241146_5985658427364747643_n.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 14937303_991175774345540_8050122994582639852_n.jpg
    14937303_991175774345540_8050122994582639852_n.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads