January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling in denial. It still feels like I have months left to prepare and I have moments of "what am I getting myself into" but at the same time I cannot wait to meet her. I'm anxious to see what my doctor says tomorrow, just interested to see if anything at all is happening yet even if it doesn't mean much!

I agree that at least one person will have their January baby at the end of this month, it's bound to happen! Can't wait to start seeing pictures of babies :)

Ali and MF I have a scheduled c section so kind of takes the fun out of the guess work - unless she decides to come even earlier :haha:

VRogers - it's definitely interesting to find out if you're progressing at all!

Vankiwi - what day is your scheduled section?

December 30th. Could get bumped though if there's an emergency they need to do. Tough time of year as they have reduced theatre time.

Literati & Vrogers - I also keep forgetting I'm getting a baby at the end of this! I am so glad I'm not the only one! Dh thinks I'm crazy! :haha: I will suddenly go "OMG, I'm about to have a baby" and it just hits me, and DH is like "ummm yeah, that's been going on for 9 months now" :rofl:

Anababe - My LO has been less active too. It's more like she's less "obviously active" though. She still moves around but I have to really concentrate more to feel it, versus before when I was getting really big kicks and now it's more movements and some stretches instead. Congrats on the last week of work! Sounds wonderful. I'm REALLY hoping this turns out to be mine too! :D

Slammer - Wow, I didn't realize there were set ups like that. I guess it makes a lot of sense, so whoever is on duty delivers and the midwife/doctor doesn't end up being in a situation where they're doing back to back deliveries for hours or days or whatever. It's hard to imagine not knowing who was going to deliver my baby. Although....to be honest....there's a good chance my doctor won't be the one delivering my baby if I go into labor while she's on vacation (the last week of December) or if she can't get to the hospital soon enough, etc and then I'm stuck with whoever her back up is (she says she has a good person as back up) but I haven't met this person so it's a perfect stranger delivering. I guess when faced with those two options, at least you've met most of the people who might be possibly delivering your baby.

Ali - Wow! I can't believe you're about to be 37 weeks!! :happydance: Though, it sounds like sprinting down the hall is NOT a good thing for you right now! Try to take it easy and rest! :hugs:

Yeah, maybe sprinting isn't a good idea! Although, I DID keep the resident off the floor and also got peed on by him. :dohh: FIRST time that has happened. I'm usually really good at not being in the way. I kept telling them if it kept happening it may put me in labor. Not that anyone would fuss if I had to leave. Would have just had to have another RN come in since I was doing coverage.

This is my second and I'm still in denial! I just set up the pack n play today and told DH "I feel like I'm doing this stuff all too early, but I know it really could be anytime now." All the big items are ready for baby. I have to get the hospital bag together and plan to do that tomorrow night after work or Wednesday. I forgot to buy the lounge pants so I'm going to do that tomorrow. Need to pick up some travel sized hygiene items. I guess I won't have to pack for DH. I have to get DS's gift bag together as well.

Both places I'm going it'll be whoever is working or on call. During the day on weekdays it could be any of them at my current OB. Two doctors or a midwife. No idea who they have at the hospital in town!

Van - YAY! It's exciting to know! I was a planned c-section, but I ended up coming earlier. The doctors were bound to keep my mother from going into labor so they planned it a little early and then I came even earlier. Show them, I'm stubborn from day one! :haha:

lit - yes make sure you do take it easy :)

midnight- for some reason i think you'll be first, but i think there will be 2/3 december babies, you and van kiwi but not sure of other..

vankiwi- so most likely a December baby for you :) exciting!!

ali- i am going to pack my hospital bag tonight, or at least a part of it. Want to feel like i am getting organised as baby could technically come whenever now really.

36 weeks for me now, yah! growth scan tomorrow.
I have woken the last 3 mornings with braxton hicks and i feely quite crampy and achy in general. I went for a 30 min walk yesterday and last night i was so exhausted and sore from it!

Happy 36 weeks. Ive slept all morning. Thank the lord for peppa pig. My 3yr old was up in the night but my 12yr old is such hard work atm..

Just led on sofa and my toddler makes me water and gets me snacks lol...

Want some energy !

Is anyone else losing their mucous plug? My actual due date is Jan 11th, my c -section is scheduled for Jan 4th but I have never made it to 39 weeks and this is my 11th. I am trying hard to make it past Christmas so we at least have that out of the way but my nesting instinct is SO strong my husband keeps telling me I won't make it past Christmas if I don't sit down.

Vankiwi - That is exciting! I tend to think a baby will come before the 30th though. But could still be you! Haha.

Angel - haha, I'm glad you keep having those moments as well! My DH also isn't nearly as in denial as me! Hehe. I am totally with you on the movements being less obvious. There are days when she is crazy active still but a lot more days still where I have to concentrate to feel them because they are smaller and less obvious movements.

Ali - sounds like you're getting all prepared, and I wouldn't say it's too early. I actually have the bassinet set up in my room already, and have for a while (mostly because we have no where to store it)!

Ally - sounds like your body is starting to prepare! Exciting times!

Midnight - too funny that your toddler serves you snacks and water! I'm glad you were able to rest all morning! You needed it!

Wantababy - wow, 11 kids! Maybe you'll end up being first! :) Exciting that you're nesting.

AFM I finally got some motivation and pulled out all our 0-3 mo clothes and put them away. She has to share a dresser with dd1 so now it is very crowded. I couldn't believe how many 0-3 month sleepers and onesies we have! I put away 17 sleepers and am going to donate the rest because there's no way we need that many! I am donating at least 10+ more! Yikes. I don't have as many clothes in the bigger sizes but I was given a lot in the smaller sizes.
Instead of feeling more prepared and at peace now, I actually feel a bit stressed. I am in purging mode now and want to get rid of the excess stuff we have. I also feel panicked that this might be the last time these girls' clothes are worn by one of our babies, since we might have a boy next time. Sounds silly to be feeling sad about that before this baby has even worn them, but I realized she won't even wear some of my favourites of dd1 because dd1 was a summer baby and they won't be seasonally appropriate this time!

Hi everyone. Life has been crazy. I hope I have more time to post when E is home and I am on maternity leave. I am exhausted, pumping takes up so much time. I'm still having issues with my supply it sucks. I am seeing my OB next week and asking for a prescription for domperidone to see if that helps any.

E is doing great and has made such progress. She is now in an open crib regulating her body temperature. She is wearing clothes now too. She is 4lbs 9oz as of last night. When we were with her on Sunday they took out her nasal cannula so nothing to help her breathe or blow oxygen into her. She had no bradys yesterday.

We are now working on getting her to feed (taking bottle/breast) she is doing well with it, but sometimes will be too tired to finish a bottle or get lazy. Once she masters that we will be very close to being out of there. So it's up to her, they said it can sometimes click very quickly for babies or sometimes take a few weeks. I was hoping to have her home for Christmas, but at this rate probably not.

I just take each day as one day closer to bringing her home. I am so in love with her, I can't wait.

Newbie. Ive been in tears from heartburn today. I had marmite on toast and it went...but everytime I have to get up It comes back!

Ll- same about the clothes. I have girls stuff on standby but who knows xx

Danser so lovely to hear E is doing well x

Midnight - Peppa's a big hit with my DD too. That's so cute that your little one was taking care of you!

WantaBelly - no mucous plug being lost here yet. I hope you're able to hold off for a while still.

Literati - it's good to get the clothes organized. I have put everything away that I bought or was bought for us for this boy, but I know I have some gender-neutral things from when DD was a baby stuffed in the closet and I have no motivation to go through that mess.

I feel like all I have left to do really is clean/setup the car seat and pack my bag. I must be forgetting things though!

Danser- I'm so glad you and baby E are doing well, I was thinking about you both! I'm sure you can't wait to bring her home finally

Newbie- mine has been pretty bad lately! It's a daily/nightly thing now unfortunately

Just had my 36 week appointment and scheduled out the rest of my appointments which feels so weird. The cervix check hurt a little but nothing I couldn't handle. I'm not dilated yet but she said my cervix is thinning (didn't get a number for that but I think I heard her tell the nurse 0-50% when the nurse was typing in my chart) and baby is head down at -1 station

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->