January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Slammer - Definitely try to get her as your primary if you can! It's hard to find good healthcare providers that make you feel comfortable in their care.

Originally I wasn't going to, but some coworkers really wanted me to. I told them I would so I guess I'll stick to my word. I also told DH I'd bring home pizza from a place over there and he's super excited about it so I better not break his heart. :haha: Plus, then I don't have to cook!

Ali - Thank you. And my dr said DD could take up to 6 weeks for her stomach to heal, but that there should at least be some improvement within a week. There *has* been overall improvement in the last week, but it seems up and down as it will get better for a few days then worse for one, then better again. I'll keep an eye on it for another week or so and then I have an appointment next week so I can always squeeze dd in with me then and ask. Hopefully she's just better by then!
Haha - free food/not making supper is pretty much always my only motivation for going to Christmas parties and other obligatory events! Haha. You can always duck out early if it's lame.
Also, there's no reason to avoid dental work while pregnant, and freezing is considered safe. If it gives you any pain at all I would honestly get it taken care of before baby arrives. If you leave it and it gets infected or something it would be more dangerous. But up to you of course and I'm glad it isn't painful at the moment.
Yay for lots of BH. I have definitely had an increase in BH as well, plus some that are accompanied by cramping. also getting tons of pressure in my cervix still. Hoping it's all a good sign!

Ally - thank you for the support. That is so funny about you just lying on the floor for a bit because of not being able to plug your laptop in! I'm glad your hubby came to the rescue. This part of pregnancy is so uncomfortable.

Slammer - I honestly can relate to how you've been feeling about your medical care this pregnancy! I don't feel like that at the moment but I did feel like that earlier in the pregnancy and it's such a frustrating and helpless feeling. It seems like medical professionals don't care at all these days. It's ridiculous they weren't going to follow up on your iron levels but I am glad you pushed for it. Hugs! You'll be done this nonsense soon and yes I hope you can switch to a better one next time. Does that mean you are wanting a third child as well?

Newbie - I hope your relatives will respect your wishes. You are the one pushing the baby out and it's your opinion that counts.

It's finally my last day of work before Christmas holidays! I'm still feeling stressed but hopefully my 10 days off help with that. I am hoping to leave work early today, and then I might manage to get groceries this afternoon yet so I don't have to waste Christmas Eve doing them! I so just want to relax tomorrow!

Lite - I know it's safe, I got a lot of it finished during the beginning of my pregnancy. I was looking at it and it's one that had work done on it. It must have made the wall weak. I don't think I could get in my office any time soon due to their hours with the holidays. I'll call over and check, though. It would be a week at least I think and even then if I'm lucky.

Hope you get out early and get your shopping done! I still have a couple of things to grab, but DH works tonight and can always bring stuff home.

Thanks Literati. I know the iron levels was a big deal when I was going to a birth center with my first - they wouldn't have been able to continue care if I was below a certain level because of the risk of hemorrhage since they were not attached to a hospital or anything and didn't have blood products (and of course I hemorrhaged anyway and required transfer and blood transfusions in the end). I guess since I'm going to a hospital this time this practice doesn't care as much?

And NOOOO I'm not gonna have a third child. This will be it for us and I'll be glad to put the childbearing phase of life behind me. But I could go to that doctor I liked for routine exams or any other GYN concerns that come up after birth and postpartum are wrapped up with this baby.

Ladies, I'm conflicted. We haven't yet settled on a name, but have two front runners - one that dh prefers, one that I prefer. The one that dh prefers has the possibility of being shortened to the same nickname as my dad had. I wouldn't want baby to be called the same name as my dad (he passed away and I'm not ready to remember him every time someone calls my son his name). The one I like is also more well known in the west, which I like. Recently, dh has started saying that I can choose since I am the one who has gone through all the suffering. Trouble is, I know he'd really like to name his kid. This may well be our only child, so I don't know if I should go with his name or push for mine. The nickname is only a possibility and I do like the full version of the name... if only this baby was a girl - we both love the same girl name - lol!

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

That's tough newbie. I don't know the right answer. DH was adamant about this boy's name and I eventually just gave in. It's not a bad name, but it's a family name and I'm not big on handing down names. It just seemed too important to him though so I'm letting it go. :-/

slammer- hope iron is ok, i totally get why you feel frustated though- i would be also. I only want 2 as well, it's nice you got a girl and boy :)

ali- i defo would not go to party if you dont feel up to it, like slammer said being pregnant is a good excuse!

lit- 6 weeks is quite a while, i hope its a quicker recover for her. Yah for holidays! hope you get a chance to relax.

newbie- we have a list of names we both like, but ultimately dh said i pick cause i carried him. could your name be the first and dh's the middle?

Hope everyone who celebrates has a happy and relaxing Christmas! We have some errands to run tonight that we can't this weekend because of Christmas but then plan on staying in allll weekend!

Lite - I forgot to add in about your DD. Six weeks sounds like a life time. It's good that's it is better overall, but ugh! I'd be afraid of the six weeks going by with some improvement, but it doesn't actually go away. Do they actually know what is going on or are they just guessing they know?

Vrogers - Sounds like the perfect weekend! I just need to run to the post office tomorrow to pick up a package because I was in the shower when they tried to drop it off. Then was out of town when it was available today.

Ally - I went and it was dead when I got there! only a little over a half hour in. A lot of people didn't show up I guess. I had my picture taken twice darnit! One with a carrot nose prop because I had to be a loud mouth and tell my stepmother that I should be the snowman since I had the round belly. :dohh:

Newbie - Being that this could be your only child that is really tough. I let DH name our first because he had his mind set on a name for his first born son for the longest time. I wasn't fond of the first name, but I accepted it. Then when he first saw him the name that DS has was the first thought he had. Turned out I loved that name and it was perfect for him. That was just a stroke of luck.

I guess maybe really think about it and talk to your husband about how you feel. You could ask people to not use that nickname on him as well.

Thankfully name wise I think we're going to be on the same page this time. We haven't named him yet, as I just can't till I actually see him, but there is a strong runner up.

Well I did go to the party. It was mostly a flop from what I hear since I showed up late. Got to draw for a gift which was a cookie decorating kit. So going to do that with DS even though I don't want to eat the cookies, they're hard. He did one already, but the frosting is too hard for him to squeeze so going to have DH get some easier frosting tubes.

There were a ton of ladies all over my belly. They never really get to see it because my scrubs hide it so well.

I'm debating on asking for a sweep next appointment if they can do it. I'm assuming they won't even want to, or won't be able to.

Ali- I love weekends without plans! I guess technically I'll be finishing up the baby room and hospital bags and whatnot but all that just helps me feel more prepared.
What exactly happens with a sweep? I think I heard it's supposed to help jumpstart labor?

We've now gotten all Christmas gifts from MIL, my dad and stepmom and my mother. Baby got more than I did and she's not even here yet, tons of clothes especially! But MIL said I need to take time for myself so she got me a certificate for a manicure and pedicure, candle, fuzzy socks, and bath and body gift card. She's amazing!!

Vrogers - Basically what they did for me is they literally stuck a finger through my cervical opening and then they strip your membranes away from the uterine wall. It can be.. quite uncomfortable. Not to mention the doctor was apologizing saying that it was more uncomfortable because I was really tight. The wording was just not good with him all up in my stuff!! :haha:

Im not seeing a mw now till 40+5 gulp...really hope baby is not born today too. Omg so much to do...

Wow, midnight. That's a long time between visits at this stage! Is that because of the holidays? Do you think you'll make it to 40+5?

Yes I think its due to the public holidays but usually its a 38week app then a 40week one. I wont have a sweep anyway...hope I dont see her lol xx

I hope so too. Oddly, I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow. Although it is Christmas day, they celebrate orthodox Christmas here, so tomorrow is a regular work day. Takes a bit of getting used to.

Anyone else aiming for January 7 as a delivery date? That would be an awesome date for a date of birth - 7/1/17 or for our Americans, it's even better - 1/7/17.

well guys, my water broke this morning and plug started to break away.
Hospital checked me and confirmed this and now i am back at home, i have to wait for labour to start otherwise i will get induced tomorrow night!!

have posted in third tri forum and will keep updating on that!
i might be having the xmas baby!!!

Good luck ally. Xxx

Newbie...oo never thought of that DOB. My eldest daughter is 06/06/06 ha x

Ali- oh that does sound quite uncomfortable! I hope they'll give you one though, if that's what you'd like!

Ally- ah I'm so excited for you!! You get to meet your baby so soon, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->