January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Ally - YAY!!! Super exciting!! My hospital would have induced me right then and there.. glad they're giving you some time!! Now I'll probably be on here too much checking for updates! :haha:

Newbie - I hope not! I don't want to go over my due date!!

Vrogers - I'm conflicted on wanting one. I just want baby here and I'm being impatient. I need to just stop lol.. he'll be here when he's ready!

No news from me unfortunately. Ally gets all the good stuff! Still having increased BM and some are a bit looser. They make me feel crampy and they're usually pretty urgent. So I'm sure it's part of my body getting ready, but still could be awhile. I'm convinced I'll have a January baby.

I wanted to cry last night snuggling DS to sleep. Soon it won't be that easy. It'll be interesting trying to balance them. DS is still very much a mama's boy. I know I can handle it, but I'm so much afraid of him having a broken heart all the time!

Omg ally, how exciting! I got chills reading that!!! Have a safe and healthy delivery! Can't wait to see pictures of your little Christmas guy!

^ I am so glad I am not alone. My DD wakes in night usually and I was like how on earth will we manage this lol and a lil bit sad it wont just be me and her...I have 2 older children but thats not the same x

Midnight - You're definitely not the only one! I'm trying to spend more time with him. His whole world is about to explode.

Ally - wow oh my goodness that is so exciting! :happydance: ! I just knew there would be a baby born over Christmas! I hope all goes well! Good luck! So so so excited for you! And it's quite early for your water to break, too! you really just never know with these things!

Midnight and Ali - you're definitely not alone. My dd also still wakes in the night and needs a lot of help falling asleep. I have no idea how I'm going to balance it. Sometimes it hits me and I'm slightly terrified.

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone!

Ali- I don't blame you at all though! I'm impatient as well and keep having to remind myself the same- when she's ready she'll come. Hopefully that's sooner rather than later for all of us!

Dh has been sick for a couple days and now I think I'm getting it ugh. Think it's just a cold or something but being this pregnant + sick just sounds awful

Thanks guys. Nothing happening yet except mild cramps n water trickling. Hope everyone else well xxx will catch up properly later xx

So excited for you ally! Best of labor vibes to you!

Vrogera I hope you're not really getting sick. That does suck.

I just want to nap today but have cooking and stuff to do. DH just went out to buy me a present, lol.

This 6 dates a day thing is not gonna happen. They're disgusting, blegh. I tried to hide them in Greek yogurt with sliced mandarins and still they were nasty.

Ally, I'm so excited for you! And jealous hahaha

Merry Christmas Eve! And soon to be Merry Christmas for some in a few hours!

Did last minute xmas shopping last night. Then was up from 3-5am with painful contractions coming on average every 7 minutes lasting 1-1.5 minutes each. Of course they fizzled out... wasn't surprised in the least. I would love to have this baby this week, but I have a feeling it'll be closer to my due date.

Just had my sister and her boyfriend over for xmas eve brunch and presents. About to take a much needed nap now and will have the in laws over for dessert, coffee, hot chocolate, and presents later this evening. My 4 year old finally understands who Santa is and everything about xmas, so I'm really excited to read from her new bible bedtime book tonight, leave cookies out for Santa, and see her face when she sees all the presents tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone has a beautiful holiday! Xoxo

Lite - I'm sure we'll figure it out. There's just no reasoning with DS when he's upset, so I know it'll be hard.

Vrogers - I'd hate to get sick right now. I'm so exhausted as it is and any kind of illness would make it so much worse. I hope you aren't getting sick, but if you are hopefully it's easy on you and short.

Slammer - I keep forgetting about the dates. :dohh: I did eat them today. I hate them now. I can stomach them, but I hate them! Will never touch a plain date again after this unless it helps then next pregnancy will be the only time.

Greats - Sorry the contractions fizzed out. I haven't had any or if I have they never had a pattern and were very mild.

DS doesn't get it, but I think he'll finally get the idea of gifts this year! We did a Christmas Eve gift and although I had to start opening it for him as soon as he saw there was something in it he scrambled to pull it out. Tomorrow morning should be fun!

He had fun with his gifts last year but we had to do all the opening. He got a table so was obsessed with that over most things.

I ended up napping with DS today. Slept a good 3 hours! Feels pretty good at the moment. Now I need to get busy and prepare for tomorrow.

I'm freaking wrecked. Went to see another couple we're friends with who have a young baby around noon. I kind of didn't want to go because I knew we had a lot to get done today, but we had a gift for them. Then felt rushed for DH to go shopping and for me and DD to start on cookies and making stuff for tomorrow. Too much standing and moving around in the kitchen. Making the cookies was hard getting up and down and rolling and decorating. Destroyed now and having a lie-down alone upstairs for a bit. Still need to make pie. Ugh.

Slammer - I'm sorry! I hope you aren't feeling it tomorrow. I wanted to do cookies with DS this year but I decided not to. Next year for sure, though. Hopefully resting helps you feel better.

I've never even made Christmas cookies before, lol. But I had been talking it up to DD all week, so I really had to. It was supposed to be something to kill time/be fun, but instead it just stressed me out. At least tomorrow I should be able to just chill while DH does almost all the cooking.

Also still need to wrap DD's presents tonight. I just should have gone to bed earlier last night. Oh well.

Thankfully Santa isn't a big thing.. I already got all the gifts wrapped except a couple. One is his and it's been sitting on the table with a cloth over it. He has no idea! :haha: I can still kind of shop for him with him, but it's a little trickier. I have to be swift and throw other stuff around it.

I made them.. last year I believe and a lot just went to waste. They're so time consuming and I don't really like them! I guess I could have gotten premade dough for this year. I found a good recipe that I saved that turns out great. They're soft but still form shapes really well.

To those getting stretch marks - so sorry! I wish there was something that could be done, but it seems like there's nothing that is proven to really work. I haven't had any at this point, so I am feeling pretty lucky. I probably won't be so lucky with future babies.

AFM - My contractions are now coming a lot more often, but are still too irregular. However, they are getting stronger and starting to be a little more on the painful side than just uncomfortable. Took a long walk with DH this evening to see if that wouldn't help move things along. :haha: Of course since the walk I've had a lot less contractions so I think that did the opposite. :dohh: Either way, at leaset I got out of the house and got moving.

Today I also made up some essential oil blends to take to the hospital, some lavender (to help calm/soothe) and some peppermint (to help with pain, nausea, and to help give some energy). Hoping that helps me during labor. :)

We are hosting dinner tomorrow, but thankfully it's just my sister and her husband and daughter and my mom. My sister won't get her step kids until the day after Xmas this year so we are doing most of the kids' presents on Monday instead. Tomorrow will be mostly stockings (which we always stuff with nerdy/geeky things because we are all sci-fi fans except my sister) and Christmas dinner (which is at 1pm because BIL is military and has night shift tomorrow so he has to be at work before 6pm). I'm just glad that, for probably the last year ever, DH and I will get to sleep in and enjoy the morning tomorrow at a leisurely pace before everyone comes over. After this year I doubt that'll happen anymore.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas (if you celebrate), and can get some rest over the weekend. :)

Literati - I'm so sorry that you aren't immune to Fifths disease. I hope that they will dos ome extra monitoring to make sure that baby is okay! Keep us updated. :hugs:

Ali - Good luck with the tooth. If they can see you it would be nice to at least have it looked at and make sure it's okay, but they usually don't like to do antyhing about it until after baby comes anyway. I have a tooth that has had some work done on it before that they said at my check up needed to be fixed because the old filling was getting soft but they won't do it while I'm pregnant unless it starts causing me serious pain, so it'll be a few months before they fix it. Glad that yours isn't causing you any pain though!

Newbie - That's a tough decision on choosing a name. Could you do a combination and use one for the first and one for the middle name so you use both?

Ally - Oh my! This is so exciting! I'm incredibly jealous! :haha: Keep us updated (as best as possible given you may be in the middle of labor)!

Angel - Hopefully those contractions are at least getting you ready! I've had some crampy ones, but mostly just uncomfortable BH contractions. Hopefully the essential oils help you when the time comes!

I've had dental work done during the beginning of my pregnancy. I think it depends on who you talk to and what they're doing when it comes to getting it done while pregnant or not. My biggest concern is laying down during it. I can't stand laying on my back for very long.

I'll be doing all of Christmas dinner tomorrow. Oh the joy.. I really need to make DH learn how to cook!

Definitely getting to the exciting end! Can't wait to hear birth stories and see photos of all our little ones.

I'm celebrating Christmas by pampering myself with a manicure and pedicure and not cooking tonight. I'll either get dh to bring something home or we'll get something delivered.

Can't wait for the next updates from those getting close!

Merry Christmas, everyone! Hope it is a wonderful one for everyone!

Angel - thank you! I will definitely keep you updated. I hope those contractions get more regular soon.

Newbie - good for you! You deserve the pampering!

Slammer - good for you baking Christmas cookies! You're amazing!

Ali - I hope your DS loved this gifts! Dd is having fun with all of hers. :)

Ally - Good luck! Hope you're in labour or have given birth already! Hehe!

My beautiful baby boy Isa was born this morning at 11.40am. He's perfect. He was only 6pounds 7 but has big chubby cheeks. Labour was traumatic. Did not dilate past 2cm for ages but had awful contractions. Went up to 8cm before I had any pain relief. I got an epidural as my pains were so awful. Baby boy was back to back so I was experiencing a lot of pressure and had to try change his position (I managed). Pushed for nearly 2 hours before he came. On positive note- my rash hasn't flared up so far & I had no stitches or tears.

Attached some pics. Hope u are all well and will read all comments properly once I'm discharged from hospital xx

Attachments

• IMG_6479.jpg
    IMG_6479.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6480.jpg
    IMG_6480.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6472.jpg
    IMG_6472.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online