January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Beautiful pics ️x congratulations again, know I have commented On another thread xx

Ally- he's perfect!! Little Christmas baby..so sweet! I bet you are so glad that's finally over with, sorry your labor was so difficult

Ally - Also wanted to say welcome to motherhood!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

My brother, his gf, and two sons are still over but I had to escape for awhile to the bedroom. I made supper and didn't really eat it. Had some cheesy potatoes, but that was it. If I cook I generally don't want it. Made it even worse since I'm super exhausted now and sore.

Waiting for later tonight to have some time alone with DH. DS hasn't napped due to all the excitement so I'm hoping he stays up a couple more hours and sleeps through the night.

It was a good day, just exhausting.

Ally he's adorable!!

Ali - sorry you're feeling so sore. Hopefully you'll get some peace and quiet soon so you can have some alone time with your DH

My sister , BIL and their daughter came over today around 11. We did some presents, but are saving most of the kids' presents for tomorrow when BIL's kids are up for the holiday (this was their year to do Xmas with their mom so they will get them for a week tomorrow). Made dinner and I managed to eat quite a bit. Now I'm full, and tired, and sore and ready for a nap! :haha: Hoping to get to relax here soon. I think my sister and BIL might be coming back a little later for games and hanging out (they only live down the road) but right now they went home for some rest. It's nice to have a quiet house for a little bit! I've still got my mom here but I figure at least now I can go lay down if I want for a little while.

congratulations again ally!! I'm sorry the labor was so intense but all those newborn snuggles make up for it. enjoy your little Christmas miracle!!

Hope everyone is doing well! I had hoped to keep up on here after my last post but right after we had a bug hit our house that took TWO weeks to get rid of...ugh. We were feeling better after the first week when a second round hit and knocked us down again. Thankfully we are better now in time for the holidays. My doctor said it was a good time for it to happen and pass lots of good antibodies to baby to hopefully protect them a little bit more when they come out.

Now that Christmas is over it is operation get this baby out! They are so low and constantly head butting my cervix. I read it doesn't really do anything to help dilate but hoping all the pressure and BH are doing something. Next appointment is on Thursday and if I have my way, baby will be here by then (which of course I realize is ludicrous...baby will come when they are good and ready). Going to start doing some stairs tonight and DTD again (hubby is very excited lol).

I hope everyone has been having a nice holiday season and can't wait to see these babies start to be born!

Aww sounds tiring AliJo. I hope you get some quality time with DH.

Angel - hope you get a rest too!

Today was good. DD liked her presents - spent a bit of time outside playing with her new scooter. DH did almost all the cooking - I just had to make brussels sprouts. I got an almost two-hour nap. Happy with our little Christmas at home. :)

DH and I went on a long long walk today and I'm really hoping baby starts to show soon. Throughout the last 2/3 of the walk I was having contractions about every 5-7 minutes, but once we got home and were done walking they've stopped. :dohh: Because that's not frustrating at all.

kksy - I'm right there with you! Christmas is done and I've got a Thursday appointment and I would LOVE to have to cancel it because baby came before that.

Kk - It's good to hear from you! Glad your family is feeling better and got to enjoy Christmas. I swear I was cursed as a child. I got sick several years in a row on Christmas. It was the worse.

Hope you get your away! I was hoping baby boy would be trying to make an appearance by now, but nope! I feel I don't have any real good signs. They check my cervix next appointment and I thought about asking them to strip my membranes, but may not even be able to.

I feel so sure that I'm going to have a January baby. I do keep getting strong BH and sometimes they're more than uncomfortable, but still I don't feel they're productive. Maybe a little bit more CM than normal. Definitely more BM and some looser than normal.

Angel - They're finally gone, DS fell asleep within minutes after they left. I laid on the ground because it sometimes helps my hip even though it hurts. Well needless to say I didn't think I was going to get back up. Almost every direction I moved it made it click and it hurt soooo bad. I was finally able to get up by rolling away from my bad hip and even that was uncomfortable. DH couldn't help me because it made it hurt. It was pretty ridiculous. Then he made me laugh and the laughing even hurt! My hip caused me problems before, but I'm so ready for it to be back to how it was even if it wasn't perfect then.

Going to use the rest of my hours awake to spend time with DH. Would like to DTD to help work towards getting this little guy to make an appearance, but we'll see. I'm almost completely drained.

Angel- we will just have to work hard these next few days to get these babies out :) My DS was 12 days late and I REALLY dont want to wait another month before this one makes their appearance. Even if the contractions stopped, hopefully they are working on your cervix and will bring on labor soon for you! It has been WAY too cold here to be out walking but this next week is going to warm up a bit so I think daily walks are in order for sure!

Ali- i hope it turns out they have been productive for you. i've been having the same thing- more BH, increased CM and looser BM but still afraid it doesnt actually mean anything. sigh...no matter what though, these babies will be here SOON! i take comfort in the fact that you indeed cannot stay pregnant forever lol. Sorry to hear about your hip :( I've had SPD issues since 24 weeks and can feel your pain. Have you tried going to a chiropractor? I'm up to twice a week (hip and lower back are so painful because of the relaxin hormones). Doesn't get rid of it completely but does help

slammer-glad you had a nice Christmas at home! naps are wonderful aren't they?!

Wow, two posts while I was typing mine! :haha:

Slammer - Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! I got help with just the mashed potatoes.. and the pickle roll ups I guess. DH didn't help at all with the food (he has no skill in that department, at all), but he gets to finish taking care of left overs and clean up!

Angel - Are they painful or more like BH? Either way I'm sure it's a good thing!

Kk - Oh gosh, walking sounds so awful to me. I'd like to, but my hip is so bad.

ali- today (well, this afternoon) is the first day in the last several I've been able to move without a significant amount of pain. kept me up last night until almost 2:30 because i couldn't get comfortable. I hope you get some relief soon!

ETA: Operation get baby out is in full effect. Was doing lunges, modified squats and climbing stairs tonight. DH and I dtd and almost immediately contractions started. have been going for about 45 minutes now, averaging about 40 seconds long and 2.5-3 minutes apart. Intensity is all over the board. Some are not bad and others are incredibly painful. I really dont think it's going to push me into active labor tonight, but hoping it's at least doing some magic on my cervix!

Kkysb, great news! Keep us updated with the progress.

I'm still actively trying to keep baby inside! My mum has started her journey from the other side of the world but it will take her slightly over 24 hours to get here. At the doctor last night and everything seems to be going well. He said his head is starting to engage and I've definitely been feeling more pressure on my cervix and bladder (had an extremely close call with the bathroom after a two hour car trip just now!).

I really don't know if I've felt any contractions yet... no idea what to expect, so don't know what to look/feel for. Still having awful acid reflux and heartburn and he's still pressing against my ribs, so I think I have some time yet. Cervical check at my next appointment... joy!

contractions still going 2 hours later. according to app, frequency is averaging 2 min 15 seconds right now. duration was inconsistent up until 25 minutes ago. They have been between a minute- a minute 30 seconds. If I get to an hour with 2 minutes apart and at least a minute long I'll call L&D to see if they want me to come in or not. So will just have to see what hte next 30 minutes brings. I still think they may back off but I'm getting everything ready in between contractions, just in case. Have had a few BM's during all of this, same as when I had DS. No show yet but I don't think I had any the last time either (though I'm not completely positive either).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->