January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

At the hospital. I was a 4 when I came in. They are giving me 2 hours to labor here and see if there is any progression. Contractions are getting stronger and closer together....Pretty sure we are having a baby today!

Ah more babies coming! How exciting, kksy!! Good luck!

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. I too have an appointment Thursday and now that it's after Christmas I really don't care when baby comes. Unfortunately it turns out I did catch the cold dh had and its miserable mainly at night. Can't take any of the meds that would knock this thing out and let me sleep so I've been taking cough drops, Vicks vapor rub and have a humidifier and running on very little sleep. Hopefully it doesn't last longer than a regular cold

Good luck kksy9b, sounds like it will be really soon even if not today!

Thanks everyone! They admitted me and we aren't leaving without baby. Last check was 2 hours ago and I was at 5 cm, 75% effaced. Walking through labor for the last few hours and on the birthing ball now. Hoping to be checked again in the next couple of hours

Good luck!!!

Is anyone super anxious? This is my4th..had all 'easy' labours...and now I am on verge of a panic attack...major one. So so scared. Is this hormones. Help!

Kksy- yay for being in labour! Good luck! I guess Christmas holidays are a good time for babies to come!

Newbie - I am the same with a lot of pressure on my cervix and bladder. I can barely walk when I have to pee!

Midnight - sorry you're feeling so scared! I'd imagine with 3 easy labours you will likely have another easy one, so I wouldn't worry too much. And no matter what, you can do it! I don't blame you though. I'm not looking forward to it.

Vrogers, sorry to hear you're sick! All of us here are sick as well... caught it from the siblings I babysit during the week. Bah! But thanks for the reminder of Vicks... I totally forgot I have some.

Kk, omg baby!!! Hope everything is going well! Can't wait to come back on here later and hopefully see a birth announcement!

Midnight, not really anxious but more just over pregnancy and wanting baby here lol

So miserable today. Me, dh, and the girls are all sick. Baby changed positions a little bit... still head down but both her feet are kicking me on my far left side with her butt sticking out on my far right. Kind of hurts when she moves!

I was all for labor to come now, but I think I'd rather this darn cold to go away first.

I have had a cold for 3 or 4 weeks now. I would also really like it to go away! We are celebrating Christmas with my family today but my sister and BIL are taking ages to get here and I'm starving! DH, DD and I slept here last night and we are waiting for their arrival to have breakfast and open presents.

Kk - Lucky!! I'm super jealous! Almost tempted to try what you did minus the stairs since I don't have have. I'm just afraid of hurting too bad after and not being able to walk. Good luck!! Excited to know if it's a boy or girl!

Midnight - I don't tend to get anxious with this stuff. I just go with it. I think my defense mechanism is to not feel anything towards something until I have to deal with it when it comes to stuff like this. Even then I tend to keep mostly calm. Just remind yourself you have been through this before! You know what to do and although the unexpected can happen you're more ready than most. Keep your eye on the goal of meeting your little one.

Vrogers - I'm sorry about the cold. It's such a horrible time to get sick. That's one thing I have hated about the timing of this pregnancy is that the ending is right during the sick season.

I'm still getting regular mild headaches with slight nausea. Nothing extreme, but obnoxious none the less.

DS went to bed at 7:30 and was up at 8:30. I was afraid he wouldn't go back to sleep till super late but actually went to bed earlier than normal at 10. Was hoping he'd wake up early, but nope he slept in so back to how his schedule has been. Then the dog kept whining and waking me up last night so I didn't get very good sleep.

My appointment is in two days. Still debating on trying some of the bring on labor tricks, but really don't know. I really do think it won't work and then I'll be so sore I'll be bed bound. The hip pain I get is crippling at times and then the pain I get from being too active is crippling as well which involves both my hips. It's a little different than the hip pain I normally have.

I think its cause I am staying home? I think once midwife gets here...id be ok in her hands but its hard to vision labour at home...if makes sense...

Well...After my last post labor completely stalled. Because I'm only 38 weeks they won't do anything to help progress. They gave me a choice so we opted to come home. I am hopeful to get things going again today. We are really disappointed but it will happen soon enough

Ah kksy how frustrating! Hopefully it picks up again. So you're still at 5cm?

I hear you all on being uncomfortable! I have really struggled the last few days.

Midnight - Is a home birth new to you then? Part of me would prefer to stay home so that I'm in my own atmosphere and then I don't have to worry so much about DS. Maybe take some time for yourself to try to relax.

Kk - Oh that has to be super frustrating! You did progress, though! I think you'll have baby in a day or so! Are you going to try to repeat and see if it sends you back into labor? I'm going to try to labor at home as long as possible just so that doesn't happen for me and also I really don't want to labor much at the hospital. First I need to go into labor. I'm afraid I'll be induced.

Van - It's hard. I'm so use to walking through pregnancy like nothing was different other than I couldn't tie my shoes! Now I'm like "What in the world?!" It's still not bad and I'd much rather have some pain (or a lot at times) than deal with complications. Just get's old when it's constant. A warm bath usually feels good because it takes the pressure completely off, but our tub is small. I then feel like a beached whale!

Also.. am I the only one with a child that seems completely oblivious to the fact that a baby is going to be in our life soon? I've talked to DS about it the whole time and even with my round belly he's taken no interest in it. I'm going to be gone and the next time he sees me there will be a baby. He'll be so confused, I think.

It'll all work out, I'm sure. It's just something I keep worrying about. It's the only thing I am anxious about.

Thanks gals....Yes, I'm still at 5cm, 75% effaced. Driving home contractions started up again but not consistent enough yet to go back in. I've also been seeing the start of my bloody show. I think it will still happen sooner than later, just not exactly sure when.

Ali- I wanted to stay home longer as well but they started at 2 minutes apart and after a few hours we couldn't put off going in again!

Home now, got some food and going to try and sleep some (been awake for 28 hours at this point). Will keep you posted!

greats- I'm sorry you're sick as well! And I know the feeling. I was so anxious about L&D and now I just want this cold gone before she gets here

Literati- oh wow, I was hoping mine would be gone after a week or so but I do hear they are harder to get rid of when pregnant. Hopefully we all feel better sooner rather than later!

Ali- thank you, yes I was just telling dh I ALMOST made it the whole 9 months without getting sick...until the last 2 weeks

Midnight- I'm sorry you're feeling anxious! I think you will do great and like you said once your midwife gets there im sure that will calm you down

Kksy- how frustrating! You are so close though, it does sound like you'll have a baby in your arms in the next day or so! Hope you are able to get some rest before then

Kksy - that is super frustrating! I can't imagine as that would not be the policy here at all and they would have definitely augmented labour at that point! I hope things start progressing for you again soon

VRogers- yes, pregnancy is terrible for the immune system! I actually thought I was safe as well. Last pregnancy I was sick constantly and could never fight anything off but this pregnancy I managed to fight everything off quickly and I thought I was safe...but then nope, last month-ish of pregnancy it all had to hit me! Grr. I hope you heal quickly though.

Ali - my dd is very aware of her baby sister and excited for her, but I know of lots of people whose kids were like your DS about it! I'm sure it won't matter in the end as it will be a bit of a shock to their systems no matter what when the baby arrives!

Ali yes, this feels very different to my last pregnancy at this point! I struggled with lying down and my hips last time. This time that's OK but I can't sit for long at all!

As for DD she is very aware and talks about baby sister a lot. However I think the reality when she gets here will be different! I think she thinks she's coming out ready to play :haha:

My left hip is horrible when I try to sleep. Doesn't matter which side I lay on.

DD is involved in a lot of the talk about "baby boy" but she also talks about how she has has baby girl in her tummy. I'm afraid there's gonna be drama when she doesn't actually end up having a baby herself. I got her a realistic baby doll though, so hopefully that will be enough for her.

Kk, where do you live? I'm surprised they wouldn't just keep you and help things along. I was 4cm with dd#1 and having the odd contraction here and there and they still kept me (was 38+1).

Went grocery shopping to get some walking in... just getting the odd BH but nothing worth timing. I have a check up tomorrow evening at 645 with the doctor who delivered dd#2 so I'm REALLY hoping I'm more dilated (trying not to get my hopes up, though!)

Trying to decide if I should start dinner now or take a quick nap. I can't sleep anymore! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->