January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Hi Annababe, im Fylde coast, Blackpool/ St Anne's area x my in laws are from Bolton and have a couple of friends there.. Ive done a few courses for work at the stadium :)

Ali - yes, sounds like you are both very done. I hope you can still have a pleasant time for a couple hours and it won't be as bad as you think. I understand not wanting to do anything. I am such a pathetic blob! Today just the simple acts of showering, getting dressed and ready and then giving dd a bath and getting her ready for the day (plus feeding her lunch - twice) has completely exhausted me and I don't know how I could do anything more productive today!

My family is coming over for a belated Christmas tomorrow. It's gonna be a little crazy because my house is small and it will be us, my parents, my oldest sister, my next oldest sister, her husband, and their FIVE kids, lol. Yikes.

I went grocery shopping with DD today and took her out for a walk/riding her new scooter.

I'll hardly see DH today. He woke late because of working last night and left shortly thereafter to go to my parents' house to pick up the piano my dad is giving him. He's stuck in traffic coming home now and DD and I are going to that get together in a little over an hour. He'll be off to work again while we're gone. Boo. :(

Ali- sadly I'm not quite in la la land n still in hospital

Lit- thank you. I say we just continue on here :)

Anababe- good luck with the dtd, it defo set my labour off.

Ladies I csnt reply to you all as on my phone but want to wish you all a really happy new year & I'm so excited to see the babies coming in the next few weeks !!!!! Xxxxx all the best xxx

Hi ladies!

I haven't posted in here in forever, but I am still reading pretty much every single day and I am upto date with you all. Now I've finished work, I have a lot more time on my hands (at least until baby arrives!!).

I just want to first of all say congratulations to Vankiwi on the birth of Hazel and Ally on the birth is Isa :)

I am in awe with those of you who are still DTD right now! I honestly couldn't think of anything worse :blush: My poor husband!

newbie - it sounds like you are in early labour! Good luck :hugs: Perhaps you'll have the first 2017 baby?!

slammer - have a fun second Christmas with your family. It sounds chaotic but fun!

Literati - sorry you're feeling so tired and are struggling doing basic tasks :( It's crap isn't it. I don't feel too bad at the moment and I'm trying to carry on as normal, but I certainly feel more sluggish and have shooting pains down below quite often which is slowing me down.

Apple - I am sure I remember you from a 3rd tri thread about having a big baby and being induced earlier than your due date? I am in the same position as you and if my memory serves me right, our due dates are 1 or 2 days apart?

Anababe - good luck DTD every other night! I think men find us women attractive in pregnancy even if we feel anything but.

Angel - certainly sounds like baby is coming 2017 now. Hopefully things will pick up for you soon.

AliJo - sorry you're not going to get your New Years Eve baby :( You say you have plans for the next baby, when are you thinking of TTC?

Midnight - Due date tomorrow! Any sign or he or she coming?

Sorry if I've missed anyone, it's a big active group :)

I am feeling fine and still have a fair amount of energy. Today we built the cot and attached it to the side of our bed with one side down. It's looking like my 4 year old will be the other side.... goodness knows how that's going to work out!
My growth scans have shown baby is measuring big and they wanted to either induce me or book in a c section at 40 weeks. I pushed back as I want to give him more chance to come by himself, so we've compromised on 40+5 which is Monday 23rd Jan. It'll be an elective c section. I really hope he comes before then, but my daughter didn't come until 42 weeks so I don't have much hope :(

Definitely early labour... 5 minutes apart and getting stronger. Dh and my mum are asleep and I'm going it alone for now. If they continue at 5 minutes for the next couple of hours, I'll wake one for moral support and both if they drop to every 4 minutes... Hope my doctor didn't over indulge at a nye party - lol!

Yay newbie, so exciting!!! Good luck! Hoping for a New Years delivery for you!!!

Newbie, so jealous! Haha really hope it's the real deal for you!!!!

I've been getting a lot of BH today, a few I could time, but overall nothing too exciting. I'm actually relieved to not be going into labor tonight because my mom will be watching the girls, and she's having a bad IBS attack this evening so that would not be good.

Newbie- so jealous but excited for you! You could be having the first 2017 baby in this group!

Noticed I felt a little wet and went to the bathroom and found quite a bit of (normal, not bloodied or anything) discharge so I'm just hoping that means I'm dilating! Also dh noted I seem to be nesting, I attacked the baby room today and it is spotless and wall art hung. Of course I'm probably grasping at straws!

Newbie - Good luck!! Keep us updated if you can! I'm super jealous! All these ladies having their babies and I'm almost 40 weeks!!

Greats - That's too bad about your mom! Hopefully she feels better soon.
I've been having strong BH for awhile now and still nothing. A ton that I could time, too. They can just stop till labor comes!

Pompy - Must feel great to be done with work!! I was really relieved when I didn't have to go back. The main thing that sucked with me working is I always slept really bad and my hips would get really sore.
I'm really hoping to try again when baby is 18 months. So it'll be about July 2018. DH is already on board with it. Of course things can change! I may try a month or two earlier, but we'll see. I wanted to try for our second when DS was 18 months, but I was till in school for my RN and I didn't want to risk getting bad morning sickness or extreme fatigue while taking care of a toddler and juggling school work.
How big do they think baby is?

Ally - Any idea on when you might be going home? I really hope I have an uneventful stay again. I couldn't imagine being away from DS that long!

Slammer - I hate it when I don't see DH. We both start to really miss each pretty quickly. You'd think after almost 10 years of each other it wouldn't be a big deal!

Lite - So I went to get all the children gifts today for the Christmas. I normally wouldn't do last minute stuff like that, but my father made me feel awful about the whole situation. I only bought gifts for my little brother's two boys. 1) Because they were coming over for Christmas (otherwise I wasn't going to) and 2) They can't afford much. Actually only ended up getting the older boy something because my brother down in Florida sent the same gift I got for the younger one. So I kept for DS/baby. I wasn't going to buy for the 7 others that live around here because I really can't afford it.
Well my father called me and made me feel like crap so I went to try and find something for them and started having a mental breakdown in the store because I couldn't find anything that I thought would be good gifts for these kids. I don't want to buy them cheap stuff they won't even care about. Then I almost left my phone in the cart when I left (I did but realized I didn't have it when I got in the car) then come to find out the Christmas is tomorrow and not today. I was told they were probably doing it Saturday and no one told me otherwise.
So I called my father and basically chewed him out and then cried. I still have nothing and I don't think I'll be able to come up with anything. I'm probably going to go and try a different store.
Oh and not to mention my hips started hurting and got weak in the store.
I'm over this year! Great thing it ends in.. 3 hours!

Hope everyone else is having a great New Years Eve/New Years. I hope to sleep through the end of the year and wake up with contractions. That'd make my year!

Oh and I've been insatiable today. I'm so hungry! I want a gallon of chocolate milk. About to make a giant glass of it again.

Vrogers - Sounds promising, though! Either way, the nesting is nice! I tackled our couch with the upholstery cleaner to my carpet cleaner. DS sure likes to get stuff on it and even though I clean it up it sometimes leaves a water mark basically. I need to do it again but it looks so much better. Glad we have a darker couch!

Ali- it does feel nice to at least be getting things done and ready! I need to get on it with the rest of the house though like you

Wooo it's finally baby month!! (It's just after midnight here)

I'm back home now! Isa's jaundice treated Now.

Ali- hoping u get contractions soon

Newbie- how exciting! How are you feeling now?

Vrogers- nesting sounds promising!

Cmon ladies let's get these labours started. I'm currently lying in bed with Isa next to me. x

Ally - Glad you're finally home!! Believe me Ally, I wish it was that easy to just get my labor going! Literally nothing, though.

Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve and New Years! I planned to sleep right through it, but I happened to have to pee and was awake at the change of the year. I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't hear my phone go off and see a text from DH saying Happy New Years.

Newbie - Hope you to hear a good update from you!

Midnight - 40 weeks!! I hope I don't see that on my ticker, but I know I will! Watch me go well over. I just DO NOT want induced. You're the first to make it to 40 weeks, bet that excites you.... :haha:

Also, DS was in bed by 10:30! I was so excited! It has been a long time since I've gotten him to bed by then. Going to try to keep it, but we'll see. We have that Christmas which means most likely it'll get all messed up again. The time they're having it is the time I need to get DS down for a nap.

He's here! Baby boy arrived at about 6:15 on new years morning. I'll give you my painful but quick birth story soon. And I'll try to upload a photo.

Congratulations Newbie!! You've had such a long road to reach this point! It must be so surreal!

Congrats Newbie! Can't wait to hear details! Glad you have your mum there too!

Ally hope you're settling in ok at home! I can't wait to get home.

Apple I think it was you who mentioned about your 3yo - DD1 has only met the baby once but she was curious. She's been very excited in the lead up. She did have to have a lie on the bed while she was here as "my baby is moving around, I need to lie down, it hurts" :haha: someone has been listening the last few weeks!

Congratulations Newbie! Details!

Ali, some peoplw keep saying the longer the pains the easier the rest will be on body. Hoping I am dilating slowly..(wishful thinking) my period like cramps hurt so bad.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->