January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

The contractions seem to be all over the place right now. I'm half expecting it to stall out. I mean, they're definitely doing something, but still!

Movement is causing them to start so I really should keep busy I think. I just don't want to completely wear myself out.

Jess - That has to be frustrating!! I'm afraid mine are going to die off as well. I'm still having them, but they're still too irregular.

Blood tinged sounds like a show just before proper labour. You could be nearly there!

In my non professional opinion.. I am NOT in labour. :( just pain. I guess each pain does something. But I am not in labour x

AliJo I hope this is it and things progress!

You too midnight!

Newbie - sounds like a good fast labor aside from the tearing and repair. Definitely not exactly how they handle things in the states, but I was put under for my repair as well since they also had to look for retained placenta, and I think I'm glad I was out for it! After four hours of pushing my tissues finally gave way and DD shot out of me in one go, no pause after the head at all! Hoping for a bit gentler birth this time, lol.

No sign of labor here.

Went over to friend's house for NYE and were really there too long and kept DD up too late - 10 pm before I got her home and in bed, and that was after a 6am wakeup and no nap. She was wrecked. Yesterday we had my family over and while I didn't have to do much it was still tiring. But it was good. Thankfully my sister did a lot of the cleanup so I wouldn't have to. Then DD and I drove my other sister into the city to catch a train home and that was a nightmare. Navigating Washington DC is horrible. Sister had to bolt out of the car and run to catch her train, but thankfully she made it.

Hoping for a nap today after DH gets up. He worked last night so he's still asleep. Glad today is a holiday.

Sorry for not replying to everyone!

Midnight - Definitely part of a show but I'd say I still have a big part of the plug up there and I expect that to come really blood tinged once it gives if it does before I go in. CM is pinkish atm.

Slammer - Sorry DD didn't do too well with NYE! It's so hard on kids when things are going on. DS was cranky at the Christmas because he didn't have but a 5 minute nap on the way over.

Hi ladies,

Def sounds like we some of us are getting very near.. Midnight/ Ali ..you both sound very promising .. Fingers crossed things progress quickly now..

Lots of people losing mucus plugs and starting to get contraction now .. Might be good week for new babies :)

Newbie.. Bless you, sounds a bit of an ordeal but sounds like u managed really well hon... I tore withy first lo.as other ladies said just take it easy when u can ..️xx

Slammer / sorry Ur dd was up late it throws things doesn't it when they don't get their proper sleep.. I don't fancy drivibg in Washington ! Sounds crazy.. I think we are due similar times, hope we get some movement soon and hope u have a gentler labour this time ️xx

WDWjess.. Things sound promising.. Hope they get moving for u again soon.. Noticed you are in Lincolnshire, we had loverly weekend there in November ..��

Ally.. Isa pic is adorable .. Hair is Gorgeous :) oh settled a bit now thanks as predicted but I think he knew I wasn't having it.. I think he is also a quite anxious about birth as I didnt have good time last birth.. Just very quick once waters went and transition horrible..I went from 3 cm to full in what felt like minutes then struggled to get lo out .. He needed a lot of help breathing..( lo that is haha not oh ) . I suppose men just feel helpless .. I think my oh likes to feel in control and struggled to see me distressed...they must have heard me in the next town during those 30 mins lol ...

Angel .. Dtd comment made me laugh .. We are just the same .. I think its out for us at the min..just can't get into it �� or laugh .. We ended up
Having a hot chocolate last time lol..

Update : Ive just been for walk with oh and ds today, lots of BH but no losses.. Had to stop walking a few times due to either BH or baby pushing into my bladder ����.. That hurts so bad !! I know it sounds bad but oh back at work tomoz and im kind of glad.. He is really trying to get me to rest and sit down but sometimes a bit too much, he is sometimes deciding for me when I need a rest and when not to do things, but I actually feel ok, it's later in the day I start to flag.. and then oh will comments " I do keep offering ! " and makes me feel bad..I am resting but I think he thinks I need bed rest .. I'm also wanting to keep mobile when I can to try and let gravity do its bit.. I really am grateful but just wanting to get house sorted .. My way ��.. I know its just nesting but oh doesn't see things like I do.. Don't get me wrong my house is far from perfect haha but I just want things sorting for ds ect in case I have to have a section..I also have a teenager .. Who def is acting like a teenager at the min so need to make sure he is organised.. Oh says let him sort himself but i just know at the min it's easier on my stress levels if I just sort things sometimes ����..oh is not his dad so doesn't have same emotional connection as I do which makes it hard at times.. He isn't a bad lad just lazy and pushing boundaries a bit lately..
I have midwife appointment in morning . I'm going to ask her to check my cervics, I'd like her to do a sweep but I doubt she will.. Hope u all have a nice evening and we get some labours more active xxx

Newbie - thanks for sharing your birth story! I am so glad baby has arrived safe and sound. Sorry about the bad tearing! It is nice it wasn't a super long labour thought.

Ali - good luck! I hope those contractions don't fizzle out for you.

Midnight - hope you go into labour soon. Too bad you went overdue this time!

Apple where abouts did you visit?

Contractions have just started again. Not regular enough to time but certainly have a hint of pain in them and the pressure on my bowels and bladder is unreal!
Hoping the tightenings ramp up once we have got kids to bed in the next hour.

Lots of action coming up around here now! Exciting! Wonder who will be next.

Ally yes we did get home at about 3pm yesterday. Much more comfortable now! Although it was nice getting meals delivered :haha:

WDJess / stayed in Lincoln, has nice weekend, went to cathedral.. We just wanted to chill out b4 I got too big lol.. Ds loves jets so we took him to see a vulcan bomber at waddington RAF base..:)

Your tightenings sound really promising !! Exciting .. Hope they progress for you when children in bed ️xx

Ali - midnight .. Hope u have good night and thing move along for u ️xx

WDJess / stayed in Lincoln, has nice weekend, went to cathedral.. We just wanted to chill out b4 I got too big lol.. Ds loves jets so we took him to see a vulcan bomber at waddington RAF base..:)

Your tightenings sound really promising !! Exciting .. Hope they progress for you when children in bed ️xx

Ali - midnight .. Hope u have good night and thing move along for u ️xx

We live just down the road from Lincoln, I was born there as was my eldest, had a view of the cathedral during my very long labour with him!

Right off to get my 2 rascals to bed then have a bit of a bounce on my ball whilst watching a film with hubby!

Jess - Did your due date change? I see our tickers are the same!

Pretty sure this labor isn't going anywhere. I need to start timing them to see where I'm at. They're definitely closer and more consistent. Also, much more painful!! I cannot sit down during them. More bloody discharge as well.

I had a shower and it felt SO amazing. Hardly any pain with them during my shower. I step out and they're instantly so much more painful. Can I just shower through the whole labor? :haha:

I'll be reading, but replying wise probably not so much. I'll try to keep you guys updated but I still have some time I believe. I mean.. if I can get on here it can't be THAT bad yet!

Newbie- thank you for sharing, you definitely handled all that like a champ! I hope you have a quick recovery

Ali- aw I was so excited when I read your first posts about contractions! It really sounds like you are SO close with the contractions and cm. I can only imagine how done and ready you are based on how I'm feeling now!

Jess - Did your due date change? I see our tickers are the same!

Pretty sure this labor isn't going anywhere. I need to start timing them to see where I'm at. They're definitely closer and more consistent. Also, much more painful!! I cannot sit down during them. More bloody discharge as well.

I had a shower and it felt SO amazing. Hardly any pain with them during my shower. I step out and they're instantly so much more painful. Can I just shower through the whole labor? :haha:

I'll be reading, but replying wise probably not so much. I'll try to keep you guys updated but I still have some time I believe. I mean.. if I can get on here it can't be THAT bad yet!

It got put forward by 2 days at dating scan. Can't remember if I mentioned it at the time or not?!

Sounds so promising for you, good luck xx

Mine have disappeared again including the cramping and pressure so using the time to nest and also iron DH work shirts for him as he is due back to work tomorrow after the Xmas break seen as baby doesn't look like making his arrival before the morning!

Pompy - Must feel great to be done with work!! I was really relieved when I didn't have to go back. The main thing that sucked with me working is I always slept really bad and my hips would get really sore.
I'm really hoping to try again when baby is 18 months. So it'll be about July 2018. DH is already on board with it. Of course things can change! I may try a month or two earlier, but we'll see. I wanted to try for our second when DS was 18 months, but I was till in school for my RN and I didn't want to risk getting bad morning sickness or extreme fatigue while taking care of a toddler and juggling school work.
How big do they think baby is?

He is estimated to be on the 91st centile and at 36 weeks he was 7lbs already. Not sure how accurate these scans actually are, but I'll soon find out!

I was told at 35 weeks that Isabella weighed in at 6lb 4oz and was measuring on the 95th centile. Was always measuring big on tummy aswell. Born term at 7lb 9oz so really don't think they are accurate

I think it is quite common for them to get growth scans wrong. I was told Anabella would be big, but she was born at 42 weeks at 7lb 9oz, so not large at all. This baby seems to be measuring a very large tummy! It's currently off the charts big, but again, who knows!

Ali - sounds like you are very close now!

apple - good luck at your midwife apt tomorrow. I'd be interested to see if you are offered a sweep. I enquired about having one with my midwife prior to my csection date and she categorically told me you cannot have one until 41 weeks with second babies. She said it's in the NICE guidelines and she would get into big trouble if she done one and it went wrong. I find that hard to believe as I know many people have had them prior to 41 weeks with a second baby. Maybe I just have a 'by the book' midwife.

Sorry your contractions have slowed down WDW. Hopefully they'll pick up again soon!

Thanks for sharing your birth story newbie - it sounds like it was very quick but very painful!

I really hope your pains are doing something midnight!

I feel really achy and tired today, but I am sure I am nowhere near ready to give birth. His movements are still really high up and I don't feel like he has engaged. I've not got a midwife apt until Thurs so I guess I will find out more then. My husband is back at work tomorrow. I love him so much, but he has been getting on my nerves today so I am kinda glad! I need to get my hospital bag packed, I must do it tomorrow!

Ali - that is exciting that things are happening! I hope it doesn't fade away! Good luck!

Vix- mines offered me a sweep Thursday but I will decline xx

I am strangley calm. I am quite enjoying ths overdue thing lol its the first grandchild on his side so everyone is fussing over me. Also finally sorted out placenta collection which I wouldnt have done if did not have extra time. I almost want one more day just me and my youngest. I feel sad we may have had our last one. So few more days wont hurt xx

Just back home from bowling. Drank so much so ill be weeing all night xx

I'm heading to the hospital. Interval has been at about 2 and a half minutes for over an hour lasting 30-45 seconds.

Bawled leaving DS. My brother took off work to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->