January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

And now DH is off to bed at 10! This is very unlike him - he usually stays up a bit late. I will say that this cold has been very bad just in terms of fatigue. I wasn't dying from the cold symptoms so much as just feeling EXHAUSTED. Now I'm on the mend for the most part, but still a bit tired. Hope he feels better tomorrow.

My mom will come stay with DD at our house. DD's very comfortable with her, but I don't fully trust my mom. I'm sure things will be fine, but she's just not willing to make much of an effort. There will probably be non-stop TV. And my mom stays up super late and sleeps in really late usually, so I've warned her she needs to get ready for earlier wakeups. She stayed with DD for a few nights a little over a year ago when we went to a wedding and she dozed in bed for three hours after DD woke in the morning while DD puttered around the room! Like...what?? I don't think DD would stand for that at this point, and I hope not. She needs to be fed and have her wet diaper taken off at the very least!

Slammer - that's miserable that this is such a fatigue-causing cold! That would definitely be the worst symptom to deal with. Hopefully your DH gets over it asap and that you get all your energy back by tomorrow!

That's too bad you can't trust your mom to be fully reliable. I would feel nervous about her lying around for hours after your dd woke up! Hopefully everything will be fine though and it won't be for long, I'm sure!
If it were my MIL watching dd I'd be way more nervous and she'd probably just let her watch tv all day! My mom is thankfully very involved and will play with her lots. She also usually gets up at 5 am so she'll actually have trouble staying awake long enough to put dd to bed!

I'm hoping there is going to be a lot of good news on this thread tomorrow! Pompey's baby will be born, and hopefully froggy's will too! And hopefully slammer and I will at least go into labour! ;)

Good luck xx

Im here. We are all well thanks. My anxiety has been horrific. I do not feel sad or down but I am anxious. Went to docs after a breakdown about germs and back on my tablets for anxiety. Thing is they make me feel gross!

V is doing so well. Very gassy and maybe reflux but she is so cute.

lit- yes i think it may be fore/hind milk issues, will raise with HV tomorrow.

newbie- sorry to hear you are having a hard time and sorry about your MIL. it does sound very stressful, but i am sure you and your dh will come to a solution that works. Isa has been very unsettled also, so you are not alone in the tiredness and sleepless nights!

ali- i have a very gassy baby too, and i am trying gripe water to see if it will help. Otherwise i can try infant gaviscon.

pomp- good luck for today :)

froggy- hope things get going for up for you!

slammer- sorry about cold and your DH. hope you will all feel better soon.

midnight-hope your anxiety lessens. Poor you. Glad V is doing well though. I have a very gassy baby on me also.

AFM-We took Isa to doc yesterday as he just seems so uncomfy and unsettled. Nights are very hard, i think i slept about an hour?! The doc said he is just a very gassy baby and his green poop is likely a little virus he has. HV is coming tomorrow so will consult with her and discuss the fore/hind milk. I dont think hes gained any weight so we can check that tomorrow too.
today i just want to lay in bed and sleep and drink tea.

Ally - your dr might be right, but definitely talk to the HV tomorrow. In my experience, doctors are NOT experts at all on BFing and are not necessarily helpful in that area. I hope his tummy issues resolve really soon. It's hard when they're so little. Should work itself out in a month or two anyway.

Midnight - I am sorry about your anxiety! My anxiety has been quite high lately as well (also about germs!) and I remember it being heightened right after dd1 was born. I hope you get some relief soon. Hopefully you won't have to take meds for long if you don't like them.

Slammer - hey! Good luck on either your last day of work or, preferably, labour! Keep us posted. Hugs!

AFM - I was seriously hoping to go into labour last night, but no such luck. :( DH told me he was obsessively checking his phone for news. I told him not to get his hopes up. :p I feel quite disappointed and like my body is failing me this time. At this gestation with dd1 I had woken up at 6 am in labour! Today I feel absolutely nothing. bah. Tomorrow I get a sweep so I sure hope that works. If not, I will be completely at a loss!
Everyone is getting anxious. When I told dd that her baby sister probably won't come today, she burst into tears and wailed, "but I WANT my baby sister!" :(

Ahh! It's so quiet here today! The suspense waiting for all these babies to be born today is killing me!

Can't wait to see all the baby updates, thinking of you all!
Sorry for the short lousy post, baby is restless and I'm in a hurry

Hi ladies,

Lit / sorry you are struggling a bit hon, this wait is so frustrating. Ollie was my 4th baby and they have all been different in terms of when they decide to arrive ! ..as frustrating as it is , it's def not long to meet your new little princess and dd1 will get lots of cuddles ️xx it's so hard at times with another little one. My 2older boys are fine as they are doing their own teenage thing but my 3 year old sounded just like your dd.. Now he wants to cuddle his baby brother all the time.. He is really into jets and planes and keeps running round flying them near baby !! We jump everytine he does as he gets so close to him, we have had to stop putting baby in bouncy chair for the minute lol x
Hang in there hon it's such a drag these last few days but we r all with u ️xx

Vrogers/ know how it is with quick posts .. Lol.. Hope ur doing ok x

Ally.., hope Lo is feeling better soon hon ️xxx

Midnight . Sorry to hear about your anxiety.. Have u ever spoken to anyone about it ? Where I work we prioritise new mummys ️xx

Apple - thanks. It's definitely going to be a challenge keeping dd1 away from the baby - that's for sure! That is sweet that your 3 yo loves his little brother so much, but it also sounds quite difficult!

VRogers - sorry baby is restless. Hope you're doing ok! Have a great day!

Well baby might be making a move. I think my water broke around 12:30...not a huge gush but a bit of one and a few leaks after that. Some contractions but nothing consistent yet. Waiting on my mom coming down now and then the hospital wants me to come in. I was kinda gonna hang around home for as long as possible, but they want you to come in within six hours of water breaking. Might stretch that time a bit because I don't want to be there too early before anything is really happening. Will try to keep y'all posted!

Totally agree that doctors are not the best ones to talk to about breastfeeding issues. Z's doctor has no idea. She gave me terrible advice that I believe caused his gassiness and being unsettled. Hoping he does better now I've read those articles you guys posted and changed a few things with how I'm feeding him.

Excited to wake up tomorrow with baby news on here... Fingers crossed!

Apple & literati- thank you ladies! Finally got her fed and taking a nap :)

Slammer- how exciting! I hope things progress quick and smooth! Can't wait to see more updates

Slammer - Yay!! Good luck! Definitely sounds like your waters!

On my phone in the car, so I'll reply later to everyone. I hope to see baby updates! No I'm not driving!

Slammer - yay! I was hoping something was happening with you! Was it very obvious that your water broke? I keep feeling paranoid that all this watery discharge I'm having is my water breaking but I don't think it is and it has never trickled down my leg or anything. I have no idea what it's like though, so it confuses me haha.
I hope those contractions ramp up really soon! I hope you don't have to waste time at the hospital, but not a bad idea to go in sooner rather than later just to be safe! I am sooo excited for you! :happydance: Good LUCK and I can't wait to hear the baby news and the whole story! :)
I am also slightly depressed that after today I'll likely be the only regular poster who is still pregnant. :( BUT oh well! :p

Newbie - I'm sorry your doctor gave you such bad BFing advice! That must have been frustrating! I hope things improve soon!

AFM - I've been running around doing all my last minute to-do list items before baby. Really hoping this doesn't keep dragging on and on though.

Just thought I'd quickly update...

Jamie was born today at 11.15 weighing 8lb 1oz:cloud9:

Delivered by c section as was told he was a big baby... they got that wrong, haha!

He's been feeding really well so far and is currently fast asleep on my lap.

Wil try and catch up with everyone when I have more time, but I just want to say good luck to slammer!! Hope your labour progresses quickly for you

Pompey - Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! How big was your first baby? I hope you heal and recover quickly! Glad feeding is going well so far.

Pompey- yay congratulations!! Glad you are both doing well!

Pompey congratulations!!! I don't believe those darn scans! So glad everything is going well! Can't wait to hear more!!

Lite - Believe it or not, there is an end in sight! I wish you weren't the only regular poster still waiting, but you'll definitely be getting all of our attention since we'll be wanting that baby to make an appearance! Most of us have been there for each other the whole 9 months so I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we're definitely with you till the end and beyond and we are all eager for you to have your LO! Makes me kind of emotional to think about how we've been hear for each other since the beginning! :haha:

That's so cute about your DD! I wish my son was talking that well. He's doing really good though compared to how he was just even a couple of months ago.

Ally - I'm sorry Isa is having difficulties with being uncomfortable and unsettled! DS2 definitely has some gas issues, but he's not having issues sleeping related to it. Hopefully you can figure something out. I need to get some gripe water since I'm pretty sure mine would be expired by now!

Midnight - I'm sorry your anxiety ramped up and you had to get back on medication. I have a friend that deals with anxiety like that and it's definitely no joke! She won't take medications because of how they make her feel. Hopefully they're more helpful than hurtful!

Sorry if I missed anything big. A lot has been said since I last posted besides the post to Slammer.

Last couple of days have been rough with DS1. He's been SUPER whiny. It's like a whine party over here. Every little thing upsets him. I think he's acting out. He wants my attention and of course I can't always give it to him. He'll get up and cuddle with me while I have DS2 and sometimes that's enough, but he often wants to play. I'm hoping this doesn't last long. It's no fun having a fussy baby and a whining, tantrum throwing toddler all day. They're both asleep. DS1 fell asleep before 8 so I need to do something to keep him down for the night or I'm in trouble.

DH is passed out on the floor behind me. He has a headache at the base of his neck and feels pretty miserable because of it.

DS2 did have a period of being awake where he wasn't fussy today, so that was nice! When he started to get fussy it was a combination of being hungry and tired. I've been trying some of the methods to try to reduce the issues with the rapid let down. Hoping it helps. I hate giving him the fullest breast because it just makes the whole feeding process a hassle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->