January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

So my bleeding has mostly stopped, just some light spotting left over. I had some morning sickness today! Getting my blood test done in about an hour... I so hope that jerk from the ER is wrong! I heard it's not very uncommon to not see heart beat until 8 weeks? So maybe my baby is just taking a little longer? I'm really trying to be optimistic... I'm glad you ladies are doing well! I wasn't going to tell my parents til Father's day, but I needed a ride to the hospital so they know already. Besides that my Bff and my work buddy are the only ones that know.

I have my first OB appt in 30 mins. So nervous. I have had no symptoms for days. It makes me so unsure :(

Malia :hugs: Hope you get some good news! are they doing US abdominal or vaginal? I've been told it's harder to find it abdominal before 8 weeks whereas baginally is much sooner.

Hello ladies,
It's been quite a while since I last posted. Due to family, morning sickness and plain lack of energy I just haven't had the opportunity to get on and do much more than read the recent posts. I had my first ultrasound last Thursday. The tech said it was too early to date the pregnancy but there was a heartbeat at 117 and the gestational sac measured 5w 6d. I'm confident that the tech was inexperienced and I was actually farther along than that but I was just ecstatic to see my little babies heartbeat. I go back on the 13th to get a follow up ultrasound and have my first appointment with the midwife.
I originally planned to have told my family this week (I was just waiting for my son's birthday to pass so the news would in no way affect his fun) however I've now decided to wait until after the 13th because I know people will be asking a thousand questions and I'd like to know how far along I am.
I'm officially a single mother, so to say this pregnancy is going to be a struggle is an understatement, but man am I excited to go through these challenges regardless of the circumstances surrounding it. I always said that I wanted another child that looked like my first so I suppose it was fitting that it was my farewell present from their father :dohh: .
In regards to symptoms, I have been having the worst morning sickness but I'm so hoping that it won't last too long. I'm supposed to be taking my son to a family camp in a couple of weeks and I won't be able to pick and choose what I eat or run away to throw up every few hours. I'm just praying that I can sneak snacks and naps without drawing too much attention as I won't be making it public knowledge for months.
Good luck to all.

My OB appointment went well. She didn't do an US Bc she has my records from my RE and she said everything's looking good there so she didn't do another. She did find heart beat with Doppler though she wasn't sure she would be able to at 9w. Did lots of blood work and I go back in 4 weeks.

Also glad to hear I can avoid worrying about lunch meat and stuff she said that's fine but to try to get deli fresh. The only thing she did say was no raw fish. :(

Surprise - congrats! So glad they found a heart beat! Hopefully you'll be able to get a better idea of how far along at your next appointment.

Malia :hugs: Hope you get some good news! are they doing US abdominal or vaginal? I've been told it's harder to find it abdominal before 8 weeks whereas baginally is much sooner.

They have done both each time. I talked with my GP today and he said for me to keep doing blood tests everyday and if the numbers still look good at the end of the week I will go in for another US. FX this baby is sticking around!

Ugh morning sickness and my allergies are kicking my butt today. I am so congested and nausea. I just want to go home and sleep and my work day has just began.

Malia - everything is crossed for you!

9 week appointment is tomorrow. Unfortunately dh is still out of town but insisted I go so he can see another pic of our lo. He told me we'll get another scan before I go home for summer holiday in just over to weeks.

808 - Thinking of you and keep everything crossed.

danser - :-( hope you're feeling better. I didn't sleep well last night and this AM has been rough. I'm very emotional and it's hard to keep my attitudes in check recently. Silly hormones.

Newbie - So exciting! My 2nd appt. is Monday and now I'm getting a little anxious. Where are you going on holiday?

Danser- I feel exactly the same way! My allergies are on thing but when combined with ms it's terrible! I'm ready to leave work before I even get here. Hope it eases for both of us! But at least you have an excuse with twins!

TTCBaby my hormones have been all over the place too. I'm fine at home with H, but I feel extra bitchy at work.

Mrsgreen the allergies and ms is awful. I count down the minutes until 5pm it's pathetic.

I know it's early but is anyone considering hiring a doula? Or has had one from a previous birth?
I really wanted one before I knew we were having twins. Now I'm not so sure it will be useful since I may go into labor early and the possibility of a C section.

I had a doula with my third pregnancy. Because It was my first home birth and wanted it in water I just felt I needed the extra support because the midwives were quite pushy for a hospital birth and wanted someone to help keep me strong enough to push for what I wanted.

She was absolutely amazing it was by far my best most relaxing birth. I didn't have one with my last baby who was also born at home but wasn't half as easy as it was when I had my doula so will definitely be considering it for this one.

So happy inhave found this.little nugget on my doppler at 9 weeks and 5 days. At a rate of 163 bpm I can honestly say it took me hours to find it but I persisted and finally found it. I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow and my scan in 2 weeks on so excited maybe this one is meant to be

So happy inhave found this.little nugget on my doppler at 9 weeks and 5 days. At a rate of 163 bpm I can honestly say it took me hours to find it but I persisted and finally found it. I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow and my scan in 2 weeks on so excited maybe this one is meant to be

That's great news Shobbs, congrats! I am dying to borrow my sister-in-law's doppler for the same reason (I'm 9w1d). She couldn't hear it until 12 weeks though, so is hesitant to give it to me in case I can't find it and freak out, haha. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow!

Malia - thinking of you and have everything crossed for you!!!!!

I'm so happy you guys are hearing your little babies heartbeat on your Doppler! But I thought it would take longer to hear it. I want to buy one but I'm really worried I'll buy one too early.

Well ladies, it looks like I will have to be leaving the group soon... My numbers from yesterday only went up about 400 points from 23,000 to 23,400 and they should be higher... I have a US scheduled for Monday and by then I will know for sure one way or another. I'll let you all know for sure on Monday or Tuesday but I am starting to prepare for the worst. Thank you wonderful ladies for all the support! It has been really helpful. :hugs: Wishing you ladies a happy and healthy pregnancy!:flower:

Big hugs 808, my thoughts are with you. I still have high hopes for you <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->