January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Apple- as fun as this age is, it is also hard when they don’t understand things like hair pulling, throwing things, etc are not nice and sometimes hurt.
Hope you are having fun otherwise!
I too miss hearing from Lit and some of our other ladies who haven’t been able to come on. I know how hard it is though!

Ali- look how cute, already looking like a baby! So glad he/she is doing well!

Just in v briefly will get on later this week and update properly. All is good, got my viva /oral exam on thurs so just preparing for that!
On thurs if I pass I’ll be a dr �� not one of any medical use haha just like Ross from friends.
Hope everyone is fab and will get on after thurs

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven’t been on in so long. Life is very busy and I’ve been exhausted lately, so posting on here isn’t high up on my to do list. I must apologize, but I only read back 1 page because it was too overwhelming. We just got back from a week’s vacation at the lake. That was quite nice! We got a lot of quality time together as a family, which I cherished. Unfortunately, I was so tired and was needing 10 hours of sleep per night plus an hour nap. It was to the point where I became a bit worried about my health! I got my thyroid checked yesterday so hopefully if that is off, I will hear back soon. Also, a major bummer was that my first postpartum period came back on the FIRST day of our trip, so I had it the entire time we were away! Grr!

Poor Vi has a staph infection from a bug bite on her knee, so is on antibiotics and is extremely clingy. Otherwise, she is doing great. She doesn’t really hit, but she does bite and she pulls hair like crazy! Whenever my dd1’s hair is near, she will grab two fistfuls and just keep pulling until DH or I pry her hands loose! Yikes! Not sure why they get so aggressive.

My dd1 is turning 4 this week! I can’t believe it! We will be having a party on the weekend. I remember always thinking parents of 4-year-olds had it easy, and their kids were so good by then. Well, I was very wrong! Dd1 is so emotionally turbulent and sassy. She has much worse tantrums than Vi still. She is extremely hard work still! Oy!

I have been feeling a bit behind lately pregnancy-wise. I know at least 18 people who are pregnant or just had babies, and it’s making me feel like we are taking way too long! However, our plan is still next spring...and we will have to stick to that! Plus, the 2 I have are rather exhausting so it will be good to wait before adding to the chaos.

Ally - as you can see, I feel a bit behind with all the pregnancies around, so I understand even though I have 2 already. Nothing wrong with you waiting a bit longer. Even though a lot of people have shorter gaps, many people wait as well. I’m sure that will work great for you! Congrats on getting your doctorate this coming Thurs!

Melody - congrats on your pregnancy. I can’t seem to remember if I knew of it already.

Ally - yay! Can’t believe you’re 10 weeks already! Congrats on the great scan! So glad baby is doing well!

VRogers - I’m glad you’re adjusting to life with 2 and that E is filling in the gap you didn’t know existed! That’s so wonderful!

Apple - good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you were a bit run down recently. How are you recovering from your surgery?

Hi to everyone else. I’ll try to go back and read more pages later.

Just popping on quickly ladies, everyone so busy these days, myike is def a bit crazy at the moment with the school holidays.

Ally/ good luck honey!! That grad picture is def one for the wall !! 😍 one to be very proud of miss! X hope Isa is well x

Lit / hi hun !! X we have missed u 🤗.. glad u r doing ok, sorry life is so busy for u at the minute. Spring sounds good time to start baby making :) glad girls are doing ok.. happy birthday to dd1🎂

Ali/ hope u r doing ok hon xx

Vroggers, yeah I’m doing ok hun. I agree these little ones can be little monkeys at times at this age.. my Ds gets some proper slaps from O 😬 .. we are definitely putting our foot down with it though and stopping O if he starts getting rough. He has started pulling a really feel sorry for himself face when he gets told no haha.. proper bottom lip 😂.. then legs it off after we make him give Ds a hug 🤗 hope u r girls are doing ok x

As said already just really busy here at the moment had some nice weather so making the most of that. I’m going away with my 4 boys in a couple of weeks to a caravan in the lakes. I’m sure it will be crazy 😜 but really looking forward to some mum time x I’m also taking my nan who we are all really close to. Just a little concerned as she has had to have a biopsy this week from her cervix and a bladder scan, just got everything crossed the results are ok 😣

My boys are all good. Little O was a monkey and tried to bite 2 children at nursery today 😔.. he is fine now home, I’m hoping the biting phase passes quickly ! Ds is just a cute full of questions about everything !! His latest is he wants to know how babies come out 😣.. he is 5! What do u say to that ? Lol.. I just don’t want to go into detail and I can’t remember my older 2 asking that young .. I’ve been a little silly myself yesterday and decided to play with kids and was dancing to a you tube kiddy song, kids laughing their heads off, I then totally forgot myself for a second and jumped with O dancing 😬then very quickly realised straight after that something def pulled inside.. I’m a total muppet ! It’s been really uncomfortable all day .. def in the area where I had op inside. I’m gonna keep an eye on it a few days and keep fingers crossed I’m not done any damage, 😬

I’m going to an opening evening tomorrow about my pending boob job ! I’ve got my consultation early September with the plan if all is ok with other things to look into booking it for end of jan ish .. x

I’ll get in again when I can just busy at work rest of week 😣

Apple - that’s exciting that you’ll get to find out more about your upcoming boob job! Are those common there? I have never met anyone who’s had one.

Sorry to hear you strained yourself a bit. Hope all is ok!

That sounds like your ds is very curious indeed! It gets tricky when they start asking more questions. My dd1 keeps telling me that she wishes there was a baby in my tummy. So cute!

Sounds like all of our “babies” are hitting a bit of an aggressive stage in one way or the other! I hope we can nip it in the bud ASAP!

Lit/ I do know a couple of people over here that have had breast enhancement and my friend came with me to open evening to discuss having a lift. ..I didn’t like the look of that lol..it’s really a very personal thing that I’ve always considered since late teens. I’ve just got to stage where I think I’ve had my 4 boys, always been there and done everything for others in my life and always put myself last. I’m 40 next month so I’ve been thinking it’s now or never lol.. I’ve got a consult with surgeon on 4th September.. so we will see 😍.., I had to laugh they said they only take cash for the consult.. I thought yeah I bet u do.. !

Had a nice day with boys today, I’m looking forward to going away with all 4 on my own later this month..I’m hoping the caravan I’ve booked in decent, it’s cost quite a lot so I’m hoping so. I could have gone cheaper but I wanted it to be right.

On the 40th subject I’m booking a spa day with a few friends from work with an afternoon tea. Not sure what else to do yet.. might go for a meal.. it’s a bit awkward as some of my family are not in a good place with my oh at the minute. They just don’t like how he has been over recent months, He doesn’t even know the depth of it, it’s a conversation I need to have with him that I keep putting off. I’m not sure how far back you have read but I’ve been having a few problems , I’m a bit in the air with it at the moment .. the joys of families ! x the ladies on here have been fab as usual😍😍..

Ali/ hope u , bump and boys r doing ok hon x

Ally/ hope Thursday went ok for u and Isa is doing ok x

Vroggers hope u and your little ladies are well,

Sorry If I missed anyone x

Thanks to those thinking about me. Just been busy. Also absorbed into a book. Which I now finished which really saddens me! I have to wait till 2020 for the next one.. ugh! I'm sure the next year will be too busy to really read much anyways. Three little ones? Oh boy.. I'm sure this one is another boy, too!

Lite - So glad to hear from you. I miss all our usual ladies. I'm with you on the 4 year old thing. O is still very much a handful. Throws fits, has gotten to the point that he talks back, stubborn as ever. At least he's not aggressive. T definitely is and can throw a worse tantrum than O ever could. He gets sooooo angry. Here I am.. 11 weeks along towards more chaos :haha:

Apple - Glad you got to have some fun with the children.. sorry you strained something. I'm not much better. I was out for a few days because I bent over and picked up a small toy.. my back gave.. ugh.

AFM - Not much.. 11 weeks already! Tired still and getting heartburn regularly.

T is cute as ever even though he's an angry little child sometimes! Something he's done the last few weeks if I prompt him, sometimes without prompting, he'll go "Daddy.. where you go?" With his hands up in the air in a "I don't know" type of way and looking around. So stinking cute. He's talking some, but not a ton. I think he's about right where he's suppose to be.

Well T is being demanding so I can't keep replying. I'll try to pop in and give a better update.

Well, my dd1 just made me lose everything I wrote. :( Grr.

Apple - you definitely deserve to do something for yourself! I’m happy you are! That’s kind of funny about them only accepting cash for the first visit! Haha.

Sorry to hear you and your oh are still in a bit of a tough spot and that it’s making things awkward with your family.

Those sound like some fun birthday festivities planned for your 40th. It definitely warrants a big celebration!

I hope you enjoy your holiday! I’m sure the more expensive caravan will be worth it!

Ali - that’s good to know I’m not the only one with a difficult 4 year old. That’s nice O isn’t that aggressive. Dd1 is definitely my more aggressive child. You are certainly going to have your hands full with 3! But you’re going to do awesome!
V does the exact same thing when someone leaves the room: “where dada go?” And puts her arms in the air just like you described. So stinking cute!

What book were you reading? Sorry it’s finished already. That’s always disappointing when it’s a really good one!
I just realized you are very close in pregnancies with my co worker! She is 12 weeks now I think. I am the only one who knows! Hehe!

Hi all!
Some good news, passed my viva on thursday, i am officially a Dr! Yah! It went well actually, nervewracking but it went well.

lit- Glad you had a nice time away and some quality family time. Shame about having the period! maybe that's why you were so tired when away? I always feel more tired on my birthday. Hope you get an explanation for your tiredness.

apple- your trip sounds great, where abouts do you go? Boys sounds great, and ouch for your pulled muscle. Hopefully it will ease off and you haven't done any damage. The spa sounds great for your 40th. How are things with OH just now? do you think you will talk to him soon?

ali- can't believe you are 11 weeks already! time is flying!

afm- all good here, just been celebrating. Went out for a nice meal. dh got me some cute gifts, and my friend has booked us in for massages next weekend, can't wait.
So i have a job at uni starting next month, which is 2.5 days, and i have an interview for a job tomorrow that's 1 day a week, so fingers crossed i get that and then that's me sorted for the next year.
Isa is doing fab, very playful. He does this thing where he gets up and dances on the floor just randomly, so cute. He also is trying to jump, he can't get his feet off the ground but he's so close. Eating and sleeping well,. but still not talking, lots of babbling in his own toddler language. does worry me a little. but lets see.
I don't feel broody, but i do feel like i should have another one relatively soon, so im thinking next year haha. I dunno we will see, i don't want a huge gap.
anyay, i have some minor changes to make to my thesis and i need to get on with it.

Ally - congrats, dr! Glad to hear you’re doing a lot of well deserved celebrating!

Those jobs sound perfect! I am so glad things seem to be working out. Would be great to only work 3.5 days per week. That sounds exciting about possibly trying next year. Maybe we will have our next ones at the same time.

Yes, I think you are right that it was my period. I hadn’t had one in so long that I must have forgotten how bad they are!! My energy returned to normal a couple days after it stopped.

I just noticed the typo on my message, I said I always feel tired in my birthday when I meant to say my period lol!! Gosh I must be tired haha

Haha, I totally didn’t even notice that! We both must be tired. ;)

I’m taking Violet for her 18 Month vaccines and check up today. I’ll update you on her weight/height!

Hi ladies, really struggles to get in this week so apologies for not reading back through yet but I will once I have a little more time. I’m going away in the morning with my 4 boys ! Should be fun lol.. also managed to get my nan to go with us which the boys will love as she is a character. I’ll prob get on one evening whilst away if I get a quiet moment , hope u ladies r ok x

Hey, Apple! Thanks for checking in! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with the kids!

Literati- so good to hear from you! Oh no I’ve had staph twice, it’s no fun at all. I hope she’s all better by now. Happy belated 4th to your older one!! Oh noooo, I have looked forward to age 4 because they aren’t really toddlers anymore and assumed they’d be more independent and easier. Shows that I’ve never had a 4 year old ha!
Vi sounds similar to what L was at her 18 mo appointment!

Apple- you sound like such a fun and loving mom!
That’s exciting about the boob job! I’m a little jealous, two back to back pregnancies was not kind on the boobs haha!

Ali- yay for being able to read! I loooove reading, I haven’t made the time for it in a couple years now.

Ally- wow congrats on the hard work!! Hope you have had fun celebrating.
I hear you on the talking, L does lots of toddler “babbling” where I’m not quite sure what she’s saying. I have no clue how many actual words she says, she does say some like book, look, eat, yeah, daddy, mama, etc. but not sure what all she realizes she’s saying.

Afm- sorry I haven’t been on in a couple weeks, it is quite hectic with the whole 2 under 2 thing! L is constantly getting into everything, she has gotten to the point where she can reach pretty far onto our dining table and counters and opens every single drawer/cabinet in the kitchen that she can. I just had to pause this sentence to grab a glass Pyrex dish she had grabbed. So frustrating on its own but even more so with a baby to also look after. I’m always scared she’s going to swipe something she shouldn’t and I won’t notice in time. She’s also still constantly putting everything in her mouth, we’ve found all kinds of things like coins and dog food and paper. We took the girls to the park a couple weekends ago, it’s still super hot here so we weren’t out long. Our local park has a toddler park so we took L there. There were maybe 6 other toddlers/parents there, all playing on the equipment. L took off running and squealing towards the tall grass and “woods” area (there are trails you can walk through the wood area). My dad has told me my nickname when I was a toddler was “wild thing” and I think L definitely takes after me there!
E is doing great too, she’s so talkative (more so than we remember L at this age) and wants to sit up and look around at everything although we have to hold her there. She sleeps great, still does a 8-9 hour stretch, eats and then back down for 2-3 more hours. Think she’s in a growth spurt or leap right now because she ate more frequently yesterday and then was awake to eat around 4am which she hadn’t done in awhile. Can’t believe she will be 4 months old tomorrow! Her checkup is this Friday and I’m anxious to see her weight to make sure she’s still eating enough, of course I always worry about that since I have no clue how much she eats. She still eats every 2ish hours unless she takes a long nap.
I think that’s about all here, I will try to get on more often so I’m not playing catch up!

VRogers - yep, I’m not sure why we’re all convinced that age 4 is the ultimate “easy” age...until we get there. Maybe it is just a coping mechanism until we can get there. To be fair, there are many things with dd1 that are easier now than they were! With each age, some things get easier and some get harder.

That does sound like L is very busy and wild! It would be hard keeping up with E so young! Is there any way to get child locks on your cupboards? Thankfully, ours are really difficult to open, so Vi doesn’t usually try. If I leave one open, though, she is absolutely overjoyed to take every dish out! Haha.

I’m sure E is eating plenty and doing great! Let us know how the appointment goes.

Literati- I have heard lots of people say some things get easier and some harder! I’m mostly looking forward to when the girls can hold conversations with me, go to the bathroom on their own and sleep consistently...whenever that is ha!
We put locks on all the cabinets, although she has broken a couple of the handles. When we locked everything, she wasn’t into the drawers yet so we set aside the drawer locks. We keep saying we need to find them, ready to stop finding all of our silverware and random items all over the place.
Will update tomorrow after the appointment!

Lite - Oh my how I wish T was that little! He's in the 80th for height and he's 33 lbs! Which puts him over 100% for weight I'm pretty sure :dohh: He does NOT seem that chunky! O looked chunkier! I'm not worried as he will slim out just like his brother did.

Vrogers - Oh my.. L sure seems like she's on a roll! T is into everything and has been for awhile. He's actually gotten quite clever. He knows he shouldn't get into certain things and when I leave the room to go to the restroom.. that's when he will do it. He will run into the kitchen and push chairs around to get into whatever suits his fancy! I pretty much need a home with no things at all. :dohh:

How is E getting so big!! I think you're one of the lucky ones. Yeah 2 under 2 will be a rough road but they will both grow out of so many stages close to each other.

AFM - Our little Lucky Charm! This was 12+5, I'm now 13+1. EEP! I posted in the gender prediction area this, but pretty sure baby is a girl based on the nub theory! Really hoping it's right!! We're so excited and I know I shouldn't be, yet! Still could be a boy. Not that I won't be happy, but definitely would love to have a girl! Also, I have noticed that this one isn't measuring ahead like both the boys did. Staying right where baby should be.

39887098_10211537367943999_2158026371077505024_n.jpg

T is doing well.. big ol chunk! He's obsessed with babies so I'm hoping that's a good sign. He's doing really well at listening at times. We went to O's preschool open house and a good part of the time he was good at listening to put things back where they belong. He seems so grown up. He's still nursing some, but I think he's starting to wean more on his own. He wants to nurse if I've been gone awhile so I think he wants that bonding and cuddling. Then bedtime is still a big one. He's down to only nursing once at most at night and is often not even doing that. He is starting to just roll over and go back to sleep or take his cup for a quick drink then go back to sleep.

T is still interested in the potty, so I'm thinking about starting a slack potty training routine. See if I can get him to start telling me if he needs to go. He loves to sit on it so maybe. Would be nice to have him out of diapers by the time #3 gets here.

O is doing great. Tells me he wants a baby sister every time I ask. Hoping his little dreams come true! He got kind of rough over summer but starts preschool on the 4th next month, so I think he will start being a little better. we had a rough summer so I'm sure that didn't help.

I'm feeling fine. Nausea that is pretty constant. Got some meds to help with heartburn. I have to do a 2 hour glucose test soon which is not going to be fun. I need to pick up B6 and I keep forgetting so hopefully that helps the nausea and I can stop eating to tame it.

Anyways, sorry to ramble!

Does everyone have Facebook? Only reason I ask is because I would hate to lose contact with everyone.. was thinking we could do a private Facebook group sometime in the future since life gets busy. Just an idea.

Hi ladies , quick check in. Sorry not read back. I’ve just got back from my little break with boys this afternoon. Had such a good time. Really relaxing and loved being with them all by myself. I’ll reply properly soon x

Just wanted to say beautiful pic Ali xx 😍

Hope u ladies r ok I’ll read back as soon as I can. I’ve not even unpacked. Just flopped on couch after boys went to bed 😂 I just keep looking at it at the moment thinking I’ll get up in a minute 😂😂...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"