January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Ali- glad I’m not the only one with a mischievous toddler!
I agree that it’ll be nice for them to go through phases with each other! I’m sure it’ll be even more hectic and crazy around here when they are both toddlers, and then both teenagers ha!
Oh my goodness, what a cute little picture! I know you’ll be happy either way, but it would definitely be fun to have a girl! I’m sure your boys would be protective of her and it would be so sweet! Will you be able to find out soon or do you have to wait until the anatomy scan?
Oh and I would love to do a private fb! Would be much easier to keep in touch and I would feel more comfortable sharing pictures and whatnot as it’s more private.

Apple- so glad you had a relaxing time with just the boys! I say stay on the couch as long as you can haha. How are you and your oh? Sorry if that is a sore subject, you don’t have to answer if so!

Afm- quick update on E’s checkup, she weighs 14 lbs 15 oz, so basically 15 pounds. Cannot remember height at the moment but she’s still sitting in the 90s percentile-wise, so long like L is! She was overtired and hungry so she wasn’t thrilled when they messed with her, but she only cried while being stuck and was fine when I cuddled her after. She has dry cheeks so her doc gave us some samples (can’t remember the name, starts with an E?) to try, and if it gets worse then we’ll try steroid like we had to do with L (she has pretty bad eczema). Otherwise she is doing great, growing well and still “nosy Nellie” super interested in every little thing.

hi ladies, will get on tomorrow for proper update.
Isa got a chesty cough and passed it onto me. Feeling rubbish xx hope everyone is well x

Hi ladies sorry I just don’t seem to be able to get on these days ! But miss B&B ladies and catchups ! I will def try and get on later and read through properly.

I’m just a work doing my admin lol so this will be brief..
ally hope u r better soon ! X

Vroggers glad girls doing ok :) hope the dry skin turns out to be something that will pass quickly x

Ali/ I’ve not read back but hope u r doing ok hon.x

Lit/ hope u n girls are ok x

Sorry if missed anyone .. really need to get back to work haha 😣😬

Apple - hey there. How was your trip besides leaving you a bit tired out?

Ally - sorry you and Isa are sick! That is no good at all.

VRogers - that is too bad E has eczema. Violet has eczema as well and I am a bit concerned about it. Would rather avoid using steroid cream, but might have to resort to that. Great that E is doing well and that she’s so tall!

Ali - that sounds like a nice amount T is still nursing. I am seriously missing BFing and wish I had not weaned Violet.

AFM - doing ok here. Not much to report. Thankful for a long weekend this weekend.

Lite - I'm sure I will miss it, but I do want to wean him. I'm not producing much and he just ends up hurting me trying to get something that isn't there. I just don't know how without fighting with him. It's so draining struggling with him and I'm so tired as it is.

The boys have been sick. T was last week with a stomach bug then O just got it then last night under his eye swelled really bad. I'm thinking allergies because both had hives yesterday. Not sure what was up. The swelling is going down ar least.

O starts preschool Tuesday. He is super excited. Turns 4 a week after.

Hi ladies,
finally getting on to catch up.

Lit- hope all is good. Sounds like girls are doing good. Hows your job going?

Vrogers- glad girls are doing well, sounds hectic but you sound like ur doing an amazing job. Its great E is having such long stretches of sleep!

ali- lovely scan pic, thanks for sharing with us. hope boys have recovered from their sickness. Can;t believe how far along u are already!

apple: look forward to ur update, hope u and boys are well.

AFM: all good here, Isa is almost recovered from his cough. Still has a little bit of one.
honestly, not much to report. All quite boring here. Start my jobs next week, will be monday to wednesdays. on my period just now so feeling a bit blah, dh has gone over to a friends so got a couple of hours to myself. Think i'm just going to put netflix on. I always want time to myself, and then when i get it, I don't know what to do haha. I am so lame sometimes.

Ally - I'm the same way. I don't know what to do with "alone" time. I honestly might bake right now because I'm too afraid to use the oven around the boys. I need to find a gate that I can secure somehow. T would simply plow through one of the long ones if I don't secure it.

Glad Isa is doing better. Hopefully he gets over it completely soon. Coughs can linger. I'm not eager for the wave of illnesses I will be facing with O starting preschool next week.

Hi ladies just quick check in :) hope u all doing ok and little ones 😍, busy busy here. Boys back at school tomorrow after summer !! Crazy weekend , we all ok here I will try and get on again soon 😘 ...,
I’m off for a walk to get O to sleep , making the most Of these light nights it will be dark next month., trying to walk my butt off literally ! 😂

Apple - that’s great you’re making the most of being able to walk while you still can. I have been trying to a bit, but haven’t been able to fit in very long ones. I am a little frustrated lately because I gained a few pounds after weaning Violet and can’t seem to shake them. So walking my butt off sounds very good right now! Haha.

Ali - I don’t blame you for feeling done with BFing, especially while pregnant! I know I had a nursing aversion when I got pregnant with Vi. I kept at it for a while, but I did not enjoy it.
Btw, I meant to ask you before, but what book did you finish reading recently that you were enjoying so much? I finished a good book recently and haven’t been able to find something that looks interesting since then.

Ally - I know what you mean about always wanting alone time but then not knowing what to do with it once you get it! I tends to be the same way!

My job is going well. It is a little slow at the moment, but nothing to complain about. How is your job going? Or have you started yet?

Lite - It's a fantasy book so not sure if you are into fantasy. The Stormlight Archives is the series. I finished due 3rd book. What types of books are you into?

Apple - O just started preschool. It's crazy.. makes it busier but also easier to go shopping since I only have one with me.

AFM - Ladies.. I will hopefully know what I'm having on the 16th! Booked a private ultrasound!! 15 weeks tomorrow. I need to update my tickers.

Lite - How did you end up weaning? I need tips.. this child is boob obsessed! He sometimes goes down without much of a fight, but he will straight up scream bloody murder at me in the middle of the night and at bedtime. He generally just needs it for nap and bedtime. Only wakes up maybe half the time at night.

Right now he's starting to get sick. I bought a new cup for bedtime, but not caring yet. May even try a bottle.

Hi ladies hope all well,

Ali / exciting about finding out gender. 😍 15 weeks , that’s crazy seems to be going so fast. Hope the boys ok now after their illness. Hope the weaning goes ok soon , must be hard work.

Ally / glad u and Isa are getting better. Good luck with the new job. Xx I know what u mean with the alone time. I always plan to do loads and end up sat watching catch up lol x

Vroggers/ the girls sound like they are doing great, sorry about the eczema 😔that’s annoying . My boys get the odd patch. Me and oh are doing ok thanks, thank u for asking , I don’t mind. There have been the odd wobble, but I don’t like to use b&b to vent about it really unless I have a really down day like last month in which u ladies were wonderful ! 😍 I think I’ve got a long road ahead hon. My teen is in his final year at high school so has big exams, we have a big holiday to euro Disney next month with all our kids , I’ve just put my tolerating head on for now. I just know it’s not the right time for me to rock the boat at the moment. My little kids are just super settled and happy and my older just do their own thing. We r ok 90% of the time but know I’m not going to tolerate the other 10 % long term. I talk to my friends when needed and my mum to a point. Oh knows I’m not ok with things and I’ve told him straight there is no way I’d marry him the way he has been recently so that’s put off altogether for now 😣. I’ve arranged lots of things to keep us busy with the boys, Euro, a winter wonderland Christmas weekend and we are going London in December so my plan is to get over Christmas and sons exams and then see where we are at then. For now I’m building my rainy day fund 😉 in case I need it x

Lit/ hope u and little ladies are doing ok x glad the job going ok. Yeah the walking has really helped me. I was saying to a friend yesterday I can actually feel the difference in my fitness, I just don’t seem as out of breath. I’m doing about 30/40 mins each evening and I power it when I can. I won’t be able to do it for much longer as weather is changing already 😣 I can’t temember if I’ve mentioned already previously but I’ve started to use my fitness pal app and I love it.

Update/ the little break away with my boys was really good, so nice to have them to myself. So chilled without oh ! Says a lot 😬.. lots of days out. My nan loved it, she is a total character so we had lots of laughs , my eldest son pushed her wheel chair all the time and I had O in his pram.
Couple of funny moments , we had a day by the lakes and my eldest boys wanted to look at clothes shops so parked me and nan by the lake near some swans. I was sorting O trying to keeps these massive birds away as nan in her wisdom decided to feed them some chips ! Not good idea lol.. I heard a shout and turned to see my nan rolling down the incline towards the lake in her chair. Oh my goodness it could have been worse but we laughed so much I nearly peed my pants 😂the swans didn’t care they just keep pinching her chips as she was rolling ha..

Also the break on her wheel chair was like a hand break on a bike and it made a funny loud noise when u pressed if.. just sounded like someone passing wind.. every time we passed a group of people my son would press it and say “ nan wil u just let me take u to the toilet !😂 they get on really well and just bounce off each other , always have so it made the holiday good fun.. O and my 5 year old had a great time. The caravan was really good and next to a small lake so we sat out every morning for coffee ect. Special times 😍

I had my boob job consult last week ! Got measured and tried a few sizes out , sat me in front of this mirror, hated sitting there top less !! Really liked the dr totally put me at ease. Had female nurse in with me as well. Plan for me to see him again November, no charge for that. Have another good think and book for end jan/ early feb if still sure I want it done. Which I do ! He sent me loads of info on risks to read through ect.

Funny moment b4 I went. My friend that’s sister had it done recently advised me to measure rice and put in tights in my bra to a size I’m happy with as this is same weight in mls so would give me an idea b4 I saw doctor of what I was hoping for. Well trying to do that with two lo legging it round wasn’t easy , I ended up with rice pouring out as there was a hole in the foot 😂 then i ran out of rice looked in cupboard and only had chicken flavoured packet stuff 😂 .. I drew the line at chicken flavoured in
My bra!! 😂.. def one of those moment when u stand there and think WTF am I doing !! 😂😂

Well I’m 40 on the 11th ladies so apparently that’s when life starts. I’m going for a meal at night with close family and few work friends then going for a spa afternoon with afternoon tea on the 18th with 3 work mates xx

Boys doing ok , O seems to have a temp this am so hope it passes soon and nothing too bad x Ds started yr 1 last week , lots of tears and clingy !

Sorry for long post I’ve not updated for ages that’s me caught up I think I !!

hello ladies!

ali-= exciting about the 16th! I think you'll have another boy! Good luck with weaning. I'm in awe that you are still breastfeeding, amazing haha.

lit- glad ur job is going ok. Yes started last week, really enjoying it!

apple- your trip away sounds fab, such a funny story about ur nan haha! Can just imagine... glad she didn't hurt herself or anything though.
the rice story, so funny as well. Sitting giggling away to myself.
Birthday plans sound fun. Hows things with OH?

afm- all good, Isa recovered now fully, he back to sleeping through the night. Normally, I do bedtimes but dh started doing them more recently, and isa goes down just fine. So last night dh did bedtime, and i went out for dinner and to see a movie with a friend. Was so nice catching up. We watched the nun, horror movie. Wasn't really scary though, just weird.
Work is good, had my first week last week.
Weather changing, getting wetter and colder, typical Scottish weather.
Funny story- was at work at the uni, and i've been at this uni for 10 years now, from undergraduate, to masters and to PhD and now i am staff here. Anyway i couldn't log in to my computer, and when i asked the IT guys they were like we got told to delete ur account! I was like wow, i have been here so long, now staff and i get deleted haha . They managed to recover everything so it's all good.
anyway hope u are all good x

Ally: nice to hear from u. Glad the job going ok. Glad Isa is sleeping through again for u. Weather changing here also , I do quite like autumn with the kids, we went getting conkers last week. Got it on video O opening his first Conker up and he just looked at it then tried to eat it haha. Thanks for asking about OH situation, if u just scan back over my last reply to Vroggers it kind of sums up where I am with it really. Think I’ve a big mountain to climb. Can’t really see the top with it at the minute but getting through.

Fancy IT deleting you lol.. helpful .. not ! 😆glad they managed to recover your your stuff ! Better got off 5 yr old driving me bonkers today , gonna to take him out and burn off some energy.

I’m ok to do a small Facebook messenger group if people prefer x I would feel better putting pics on there. I do sometimes think what would we do if they closed the site lol .. I feel like you are all my online group of girlies haha 😍

Ally - Haha.. It's less struggle than weaning is! I keep hoping he will self wean, but hasn't yet. I tell him no unless he's tired and needs a nap, or bedtime.

I don't know.. I'm really thinking this one is a girl. Baby had a very girly skull and nub at 12+5. If it's a boy I'll be shocked! I find out in one week! We are taking the boys with us.

Oh man.. that's funny that you got deleted!! Glad everything was recovered.

Apple - You have some of the greatest stories! �� I'm glad you had such a good time. You definitely need it.

You'll be 40 and O will be 4! I can't hardly believe he's already 4! I give you props. I couldn't hardly imagine being a mother later in life. I want to be done having kids at 30. I'm going to have to pop the next one out pronto for that. :haha:

AFM - Not much right now. As I said above we should find out baby's sex in a week!

I'm definitely up for making that FB group. I just need people's names to add them to it. You can delete me from the friends list after, just need to add you to add you to the group. Looks like I may be able to use email as well.

Easy way for me to find you is just PM me your email and your FB URL link. So if you go to your profile you just copy and send me your personal URL. I'll try to add you to the group through email, if that doesn't work I will just add you then add you to the group.

Hi ladies,

Ali/ hope O had a lovely birthday. I’m excited to find out gender 😍 of your new little baba.. I wonder if you are going to have a girl his time?? And yeah had a great time with my boys and def !! Needed it. I’m booking again for next year .

So now I’m 40 and fabulous ! Had a lovely day and nice meal at night.. lots of nice gifts x
We have a weekend in London booked as part of my birthday but I’ve decided to go early December as I’d love to take Ds and O to see Christmas set up and lights there.

Boys doing great, Ds settling into school now thankfully. He is such a little character..

O is a bundle of joy. Constantly laughing 😂 all the time. Always running away from me when he sees it’s time to get dressed ect..
gets so excited when I try and catch him. He had a major meltdown moment tonight in supermarket. He had eaten half of trolley b4 I had paid .. anything to keep him quiet😬

Anyway bed time here so hope u ladies have a nice day

Trying to sort this Facebook thing lol .. I’m not very technical !! Thanks for sorting Ali 👍x

Apple - I'm sure you will FB out!

O sounds like a real ball of joy. T does similar things. He darts if it's diaper change time. He sometimes comes for clothing, but he loves to be difficult. He's constantly dressing himself in random articles of clothing. It's funny!

I'm sure you're making 40 fabulous! I do hear it's a good time to be alive. I think every decade is, though! So many things to look back on, yet new times to explore!

AFM - I do have the group going. Trying to get Apple in and I have Lite.

Also.. I should know what this little one is Sunday! I'm so stuck on it being a little girl!! I may be ready to order the reveal I have planned :dohh: :haha:

Have a typical OB appointment later. My nausea is all gone.. which sucks.. kind of. It kept me from eating crap. My intense need for fresh fruits and vegetables is gone. Now I'm back to just eating anything ugh.. Trying to stick to healthy but my weight shot up last couple of weeks after dropping.

I may be getting energy back. Which resulted in me being up 26 hours, getting sicker than I probably would have, and not sleeping well the next two nights before work. Today I feel pretty good, though. Got to sleep in a bit.

T is going to self wean I think. He will try to nurse then say "Milk gone" try the other one "Milk gone" I think I pretty much dried up. I can still express, but just not much there. They say the flavor changes during pregnancy later on as well. So maybe he will not like it. He slept through the night the night before and he didn't fall asleep at the boob. I wonder if that helps him not want it in the middle of the night. I'm not sure. Need to test the theory.

Had my 16 week appointment! Heartbeat heard for the first time! 141!! Anatomy ultrasound not too far off.. Sept 26th!

Apple- sounds like you guys are keeping busy! I understand about trying not to vent about it too much. You sound like you have a great support system.
I missed your bday, happy belated birthday!! So jealous about the London trip I’m sure it will be a blast!

Ally- glad you were able to get out for dinner and a movie with a friend! I’ve heard about the nun but good to know it isn’t really scary. Also glad IT guys recovered your account especially after so long of having one ha! Glad to hear the job is going well.

Ali- will be PMing you with my fb info, I would hate for something to happen to this website and lose touch with you ladies!
Wow your pregnancy is flying by, although I’m sure it’s not as fast to you. What an awesome heartbeat...and the anatomy scan is so soon! Excited to find out boy/girl!

Afm- I feel bad when it’s been awhile since I update and then miss out on everyone’s updates!!
L turned 20 months this week, how are we 4 months away from 2?! E will be 5 months next weekend, it really is going by so much faster with the second baby. Both girls are doing great, just this week L has started “kissing” E. I showed her one time and asked if she could kiss her, got it on video that I’ll try to remember to post once we’re all in the fb group! When E fusses, sometimes L will put a toy on her/in her hand, it is too cute.
I think that’s about it, I sound really boring but it feels so chaotic day to day!

Ali/ yay finally managed to get into the fb group 😂... thanks again for sorting. Really excited to hear gender of little one .. lovely that you are taking the boys with you :) I’ll keep checking for updates !!
Sorry the health food cravings have come to an end lol.. that’s a great heartbeat 💗 as well at your appointment x 💓

Vroggers/ your girls sound too cute 😍 L kissing E is is so sweet.. O is all kisses at the moment as well, well open mouth with tongue 😛 out 😂
Try not to worry about not getting on often I’m the same at times..x

Lit/ Ally hope u r well ladies

Better get off and try and sort this house ! I’ve a pile of clean washing like Mount Everest ⛰ lol..

Boys doing ok, O is a up a lot in the night at the moment , not quite sure what’s going on with him at the min, I gave it up as a bad job this am and came down stairs with him at 4.30 am., he has just gone back to sleep now at 9 am 😣 been legging it round for hours .. now I’m flagging ha x

Talk soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"