January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Momtastic - hi there! I’m not still BFing, but I was still nursing dd1 when she was this age. I believe AliJo might still be breastfeeding while pregnant!
That’s really exciting that you’re TTC #2! I hope all goes well! Good luck!

Apple - that will be fun to see a video! I don’t blame you for being so excited for your trip! I wouldn’t be able to wait either! :)

That’s annoying about your lingering cough. Good thing it waited for in between patients at work!

AFM - I had a little cry last night about wishing I hadn’t weaned Vi. Don’t know why I’m still so emotional about it. I think I am starting to crave a baby again, but having to wait several more months is sort of getting to me! Bleh.

Momtastic - Haha yeah I'm still breastfeeding while pregnant! I definitely never thought I would be. He is such a handful to try to wean. He is such a boob lover it's not even funny! I'm also too tired to deal with him screaming at me.. so he usually gets it at bedtime. Often that is the only time he gets to nurse, sometimes more. I think he does it more for comfort. I am able to convince him to take a cup sometimes. I think I'm getting closer to being able to wean him without a real huge fight. Hopefully.. it hurts a lot anymore.. I'm so sensitive.

Lite - I would be sad if I weaned him, but I want to. He is still my baby and I feel like when he stops doing that he won't feel like my baby anymore. I mean.. he always will be just like O, but still.

Ally - I'm actually stuck on a name pretty hard, but she won't be officially named till she is born. I'm still looking at options. I may find something else. The reason I'm somewhat hesitant on the name is because it is an Irish name that is hard to pronounce in English just looking at it. Saoirse Elaine. Saoirse is pronounced Seer-sha. I ran across Elaine and thought it was a pretty name.. then the first thing that popped into my head was that Saoirse Elaine sounded wonderful together.

Hope everyone is well. This new set up for the website had me thinking no one was replying to anything ugh. I've been busy, but going to be cutting back on work. I probably shouldn't because having extra money now would help, but DH and I can't keep doing this rotation. He's tired all the time and falling asleep going and coming from work. I'm too afraid something is going to happen.. he has gained some weight and is snoring more so I'm afraid he may be developing or has developed sleep apnea. Got him on an antidepressant so his appetite isn't quite as bad, but need to get that weight off of him.

T is doing well. Trouble as always. That will never stop, I'm sure! He's so sweet and cute, though. He is talking a lot.. well probably average, but it is a lot compared to O at this age. Spouting off new words all the time. Has phrases that are learned phrases, but uses them properly. Says "There he is!" "What was that?" not super clear, but clear enough I think someone would understand him other than us. Puts a lot of different words together now, as well. I'm a bit obsessed over his speech since O had a delay. Now he's a little jabber jaw.

O is doing awesome in school. He is being worked on for behaviors, but he has met his second goal already. He is listening to verbal commands like any other kid now. He use to have a picture schedule. Sometimes needs told more than once, but more often does with the first command. He still uses his break area, but sounds like he is always curious about what is going on with the group. He is needing less 1:1 time. He whines a bit when it isn't something he wants to do.. but he does end up doing it usually. His teachers and para educators love him, though. He is definitely a class clown! He is literally the baby of the class age wise.

I'm okay, back is still hurting from when I put it out last Wednesday. I was just pulling my pants down to go pee and my back spasmed.. and I was done. Feels better sometimes, but I just have to keep working on it I guess. I should go to the chiro. I may call around and see where I can go tomorrow.

Long update, sorry!

Hi ladies,
finally getting on. Hope u are all well.
apple- looks like u have had a hard time! hope ur feeling better, thats scary about the blood and a and e visit. How u doing now? defo sounds like u are run down and not getting enough sleep. Hopefully u get some rest soon. Where are u off to on holiday?
Hope Ollie is feeling better with the tonsilitis?
i'll sort out the fb thing and get into the group soon i promise.

montastic- so nice to hear from you! Amazing u are still breastfeeding, i stopped after 3 months hahah.

lit- aw bless u feeling emotional about weaning. It will be no time before u can start trying again for number 3.

ali- Saoirse Elaine sounds lovely. Sounds like a good plan u cutting down hours since hubby might have sleep apnea. Defo try to get him to lose weight, can be quite dangerous. Glad the boys are doing well :)

afm- just been busy with work, then had inlaws visit which was nice. Isa is doing great, he had a period just there we he ate and slept loads, so think he had a growth spurt. He isn;t saying many word still, but he is trying, and he babbles so much. The funny thing he does is take my phone, put it to his ear and then just babbles away but it sounds like he having an intense conversation with someone! so funny! he even leaves the room and walks around chatting on the phone.
It;s getting really cold here all of a sudden, had to de-ice my car this morn before work.
any of you watch making a murderer? its on netflix and i just recently binge watched series 2. So interesting!

Ally - My hubby watched it. He really enjoyed it. I can't seem to being myself to. I try to stay away from things that might haunt me. I'm too easily disturbed these days!

T had a period he slept a lot more as well recently. He has always been a good eater so I don't spot him eating more too often. He is cute.. I was in the kitchen the other day and he walked up to the gate and started rubbing his belly going "Hungy hungy"

His mother had it and I just worry. We aren't getting younger. Need to get ourselves in gear. If I can't get him to lose weight or he keeps regaining I'm going to push for him to get a gastric sleeve. He has too many risk factors for heart disease. He will be willing to do it I'm sure. Just need to have the money and get the approval from a doctor.

Hi ladies , sorry it’s been a while I’ve had a crazy busy couple of weeks.

Lit/ sorry you are feeling sad about stopping b/ feeding vi, and sorry u r feeling blah about waiting for WTT. It’s just got to be the right time for your Family situation. It will be worth the wait xx

Ali/ sorry to hear your back has been been playing up again..hope it settles soon.. mine plays up at times but not with as little notice as yours, that’s must be a worry with kids and work.

My OH had severe sleep apnea diagnosed 3 years ago and had to use a Cpap machine at night. His sleep test showed 52 apnea’s an hr !! Some lasting 25 seconds. I remember his chest sinking in when he was sleeping and then gasping. It’s was horrible.. it was me that told him about it and made him get it checked out. He snored terrible.. anyway Oh hated the cpap and did his own homework on helping sleep apnea.. he read getting tonsils remover can help. Drs were really reluctant to do it but he pushed until they gave up and had them removed. He went for sleep test 5 weeks after op and the apnea’s had gone down to 4! And he was allowed to get rid of the cpap. He does still snore a little but no where near what he did but sleep apnea gone.. just wanted to let u know in case it might be something to consider.
It’s hard trying to get them to stick to keeping weight off. My oh back is bad so can’t exercise properly now. Used to cycle a lot but now can’t. It gets him really pissed off.

Glad boys are doing ok. Loved the captain America outfit :)

Ally/ Glad you are doing ok hun. Isa sounds like he is doing fab. Sounds similar stage to Ollie with the babbling... he loves his little phone as well haha..getting cold here as well .. I do like autumn but rubbish in the cold haha.
I’m gonna check out that programme On Netflix I’m looking for something new to watch x

Vroggers hope u and girls are doing ok, love the pics on Facebook. Such cuties..

Momtastic , glad u r doing hun x

We are doing ok here. I’m better than I was thank goodness. Got a couple of scans booked for next months, gyne and where I had op. Boys had and got colds , oh now got one and cough. Def doing the rounds.

I Met with a consultant last week who has said that he thinks my gall bladder problems and operation were as a result of the car accident I had end of last year if u guys remember a woman ran into back of me. Solicitor is dealing with it now. Not sure how that will turn out ??dont really understand these things but consultant has done a report for solicitors.we will c.

Disney land was great, Ollie was so good. Ds loved it..really overwhelmed. We are surprised how much he took it all in especially the parades. Ollie freaked out when he saw OLaf haha so we bought him one in airport on way home. I’ll try and post some pics on here I’ve put on the Facebook group. It was full on managing 11 of us and had a few little hiccups like step daughter losing her return plane ticket ! But I just sorted it and tried to get on with things best we could. I was really emotional watching the kids reactions and my own haha when we saw parade for first time and the fireworks on the castle.. I got excited to see Mary poppins only pain was the 2 five year olds just argued and were competitive all the time so we ended up splitting the up most of the time.

Home now and getting ready for a awards ball next Friday that oh’s team are nominated for. I’ve bought 4 dresses haha.. don’t like any so all going back ..He is team leader so if they win he will have to go up on stage to collect award..he has got to top 4 out of about 150 nominations.. I think there is about 700 going.. should be fun as a couple of friends are coming with their oh. My oh can’t be bothered with the fuss ha ., such a man.

Anyway that’s me caught up I think sorry for long post..

Last edited:
Hi ladies , just quick check in . I don’t seem to get any time lately .. work really busy I’ve actually has to turn down 2 new clients this week which I hate doing but I need to be with my kids.. the money is good, especially this time of year but I’m shattered ..so need to know my limits..
Boys doing ok. Little Ollie has still got a bad throat and cough but it’s mainly at night. Oh has got it now and don’t i bloody know it !! Don’t get me wrong he is definitely bad I i do feel for him but give up with the sound affects already ! ..man flu does exist !! I had it a month and got on with it.. am I being horrible haha..
ds 5 yr old is being a little softy lately. Seems to be having lots of melt downs .. think I’m going to try and have a bit of 1:1 with him this weekend. Ollie is adorable but a little monkey at same time. Always having a go at his big bro anyway that’s me for the min. Just in hair dressers in foils .. only min I’ve had this week haha .. we are at that ball tonight, fingers crossed oh team wins.. I’m hoping it’s not a really late one .. god I’m getting old On positive note 2 of my friends are going as well and managed to get them on our table with their partners so looking forward to being with them as it’s a very rare occasion.. we have all got new dresses ect and joking about the fake tan ha .. hope u all have nice weekend x

Ally - How are you and Isa?!

I can't wait to see my ticker hit double digits!

Not long to double digits now ali x

Ally hope u and Isa are well

All other mummy’s hope u and little ones doing ok x

I’m def getting in Christmas mode now ⛄️X

Hi ladies just checking in, had really busy week, boys fine. Ollie really starting to try and say new words. Just chatting with other half tonight about how different our two boys are. 5 year old quite sensitive anxious little thing. Doesn’t like rides, won’t go high up in play areas where as O is bonkers lol.. no fear at all jumped from the arm chair to dining table the other day like a monkey , fell and wrecked himself but just got up and tried to do it again ... we are going to Thomas land (Thomas the tank for US mummies ) it’s all Christmassy and we have booked to see Santa in the afternoon. A bit early I know but we are to London next weekend which is my last 40 th present :)
Planning to put our tree up this Sunday , is anyone else as crazy as us with a November tree ha x

Had my second appt with surgeon last night for new boobs , looking at early Feb potentially x

Quiet on here lately hope all u ladies and little ones are ok,

Be nice to see u on Facebook group Ally lol x

Ali, hope little bump doing ok

hi ladies, oh my gosh it's been ages since i logged in. Seems really quiet tho :(
how are you all doing??

apple- sounds like you had a great(but very full on holiday). I have no idea how insurance things work either, but maybe you will get some compensation!? that would be nice!!

ali- hows the bump?

right apple i know i need to get on fb group. Been more active on it recently but keep forgetting about the group. How do i join?

hope the rest of u mummies are good.

afm- Isa and me doing fab. I had my graduation yesterday for my PhD which was great fun!!
Apart from that just working away.
Isa is doing good, he is sleeping good and eating good, nice and active and just a joy to watch.
He is 2 in a few weeks, my xmas baby. Cannot believe it!
What to buy a 2 year old for their birthday?!

Hi Ally,
Wow of course I forgot Isa was born christmas day , bless him. 2 it’s crazy isn’t it .. we were at a graduation Tuesday this week at Carlisle cathedral. Can u imagine if it was same place haha..congratulations !

What’s Isa Into ? We went to natural history Museum today and Ollie loved the dinosaur section. He has been playing with some little ones I got him all evening so I think a few more will be going on his Christmas list :) funny watching him making the roaring sound.. copying his big bro but still cute lol..

we are in London at the moment .. came for the weekend , late 40th present .. I can’t believe how busy it is here.. it’s bloody crazy so many people on pavements rushing about all at once, it’s like waking out of a football match everywhere u walk ha .. went into Harrods so expensive ! Done all the usual sights. Going to tower bridge tomorrow b4 coming home.

To get on fbook group I just sent Ali private message and she sorted it. It is only us 4 on do it’s nice little group . Easy to put pics on ect x

Hope all u other ladies are ok x ..

Last edited:
Ally - I really hate the new alert system. Hard to keep up with things. It is quiet here but I do try to come and check regularly! I miss talking to you and many of the other ladies that use to be active.

Bump is good! She is kicking away in there all the time. Had a freak out thinking I had gestational diabetes.. was for no reason! Which I'm okay with.

For Christmas T is getting bristle blocks, cleaning set, color wonder markers and paper, wooden play food he can "cut", I'm hoping to still get him this small piano I found, Little People toys, and.. some other things. He is really showing he loves to draw (scribble on everything) always asking for markers. He tends to love music and sings a lot. The piano is one my cousin has for her kids and he loved he when we there. He loves blocks so I got some bristle ones since we have a lot of Duplos and Mega blocks. Although I did get him dinosaur duplos since he loves dinos as well. They are pretty easy at this age.

I will message you my FB URL and you can add me then I can add you to the group. You can always delete me from your friends list after if you prefer!

I will need to get on the computer to send it so I will do it later.

Hi ladies, not been able to get on for a while but will try to get on more often. All doing ok here. Ollie has had a little rash on his face and body. Went to dr and they said a viral thing so just keeping an eye on him.

Ds was an angel in his school play this week, little cutie. Tried so hard with his singing and actions :) Ollie loves watching him. Ds really excited this time for Christmas.. wants mainly ghost busters things, Ollie got all sorts, trampoline and a little kitchen :)

Personally few things going on but won’t bore you with all details..same old really.. so I’ve been looking at new build property deals with a view to potentially trading in my house. I’m thinking it’s prob a high chance in the new year. My close friends have been really good. My older children are wonderful and fully support their mum and said some very kind things , especially my eldest..which makes me kind of sad in a way that they feel protective but it’s also nice to see they are thoughtful , they are good lads.. must have done something right !

My teen starts his Mock exams in his final school year in jan, just trying to support him through that at the min. Well trying to ! He isn’t very motivated. Lives for his friends and has got a girlfriend ! .. I’m hoping she might be a positive influence on him as it seems she has lots of hobbies away from friends which I think is important but my teen thinks different ..his priority is being with his mates..

We just came back from weekend in London , I had visions of everywhere Christmassy like home alone lol.. it was anything but .. crazy busy and stressful.. natural history museum was pretty cool though., both youngest love dinosaurs so they were happy

I’m going away overnight today with my 4 boys to visit my nan . We are having a mini Christmas , dinner, presents ect.. it’s a 2hr drive n weather snowy hopefully won’t be too bad x.

Went to Christmas markets with my boys last weekend a eldrsy sons girlfriend. Stayed in hotel. Love having time with them on my own . We just ate for two days lol x

That’s me really for now , I’ll try and get in again soon

Hope you are all well and nearly ready for Christmas x

Last edited:
Ali, r u ok now , what was the diabetes scare hun, glad to hear little bump doing well x

Apple - glad your Disney trip was so fun! Sounds chaotic but great. Funny how different your kids are with your 5 year old the anxious type and O being so fearless! It’s so fun seeing their different personalities.

My hubby has sleep apnea too. He hates his CPAP machine so never uses it even though he should. He does have a mouth guard for grinding his teeth at night and it seems to maybe help with his apnea a bit as well but he still snores and it drives me nuts.

Ally - how are you and Isa doing? Have you decided when you might TTC #2 yet?

I can’t believe Isa will be 2 in a few weeks! It’s weird with all their birthdays being fairly close to Christmas. Makes it hard to think of gifts.

Ali - I hope your dh’s Health is ok.

Hi ladies
I finally joined the fb group lol. But will also post on here
Ali- thanks for birthday suggestions. Still haven't bought anything, I will probably get him a bunch of books, some puzzles.
Totally agree about the new b and b site and the alert system, i hate it!!
Very quiet on here.
Glad the bump is good.

apple- that is cute about ds and his play.
Looking for a new build then? Hope things are not to stressful for you.
Hope u enjoyed overnight with ur nan

lit- hiya, all good here thanks. No rush for no 2 lol. Quite happy and content at the mo. Maybe end of next year.
How are u and the girls?

afm- all good here. It's been a while so trying to think of the different things i;ve been up to.
Last weekend went down south to visit in laws. it was my FIL's 60th. It was a nice trip. We stayed in a hotel. Isa didn;t like sleeping in the travel cot thing.
Next week is last week of work, need to buy Isa's gifts.
For new year we are going to a place called Isle of Arran and spending a few nights in a cottage.
Isa is good. His fave things are kicking and throwing balls, he is so good at it. He is sleeping well these days, all night in his cot, and some days he is getting up later than me. I think it might be cause it is so dark and the days so short, when he wakes it is dark still.
Anyway gonna go nosey in on the fb group and read all ur posts lol x

Lit sorry to hear your dh has sleep apnea as well. My oh had the same, mouth guards ect .. def. might be worth getting his tonsils checked. Oh sleep apnea has def gone now after toncils removed and he was really severe.

Ally nice to hear from you. Good to se you on face book page. Isa is looking great. Birthday boy soon .. glad the little trip went ok.. I’m really jealous of his sleeping pattern ! Ollie is still up sometimes a few times

Last edited:
Apple - Thanks. I might mention the tonsil thing to him.

Hope you had a good new year’s celebration!

Ally - that’s cool that you’re in no hurry. Do you plan on just having the 2? When you say it was your last week before work...do you mean you have another job lined up? I think I have missed things.

AFM - not much new here. Christmas was fun but busy. Now back to the grind with work but feeling pretty exhausted. Blah! We will probably start TTC #3 in the spring. Also, my sister is pregnant and due this July, so our next little one will likely be somewhat close in age. :)

Happy New Year ladies,

Ive not be on this thread for a while although have a wee read at what everyone is up to now and then . Just dropping by to say happy birthday to all our two year olds! Where did that time go?!?

We're expecting Baby number two in the summer so back on some other threads. A little more relaxed this time around.

Hope everyone is well and had a lovely Christmas and is enjoying the birthday celebrations! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->