January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

I take gummies, but will be switching soon because they don't have iron and I'm having to take an iron seperate. I feel like I already take enough med as it is!

I take a prescription one but will be switching to the Kirkland ones from Costco soon.

I'm taking NatureMade (after trying Centrum previously). Centrum was too hard on my stomach, and haven't had any problems with the NatureMade version.

Froggy are there gummy prenatals with iron?

Van - Oh!!! Didn't realize Cosco had them. I'll be looking for them next time I go.

Thank you all <3

For prenatals I take SmartyPants Gummies. Pills make me sick and these have the DHA / Omega 3 in them. Plus they have folic acid in the natural form of Methylfolate which is important for me because I'm positive for MTHFR gene mutation.

Is it important to take iron?? My doc didn't say anything about taking iron.

Chitown, no unfortunately not. I wish. But something about the iron can't be put in that form.

Angel, anemia has shown links to adhd and other issues. As long as your iron stays high enough throughout your pregnancy you should be fine. But in my opinion it's best to just supplement it. I think most pre natals in pill form have iron though.

There are also studies that suggest a link between iron deficiency in pregnancy and autism

I'm taking NatureMade with DHA included. I had a sample of Similac brand and they hurt my stomach last pregnancy.

I also take rainbow light, they are all natural made with plant based vitamins and proteins. I get them from amazon for about $20 for a 3-4 months supply. They work great, I have been taking them for 2 years now.

So, my GP called and my numbers have gone down to 27,000 and they didn't see any growth. So he wanted me to go in for a D&C tomorrow! I said I wanted to wait another week or so to see if I can do it naturally... I am not a fan of the D&C idea, seems too invasive... If my baby hasn't grown since about 6.5weeks then I should be able to do this at home, hopefully? Any advice from you awesome ladies?:shrug:

My very first pregnancy I miscarried at home at 6w3d. It was pretty painful at times but it was OK. I'm sorry you're going through this!

Van - me too! I have to make a run there next week.

808 - I was in the same boat as you in December. I asked my doctor to give my body a week and see if it would release everything naturally. Sadly, it did not and I had the D&C. Prior to bringing me into the OR my OB did an U/S since I hadn't bled or cramped since. When he checked, everything was starting to disconnect and he told me if I had waited, I may have hemorrhaged. The D&C went well. This was just my experience. I'm so sorry you're going through this. If you ever need to talk, please send me a message &#10084;&#65039;

808- it's such a personal choice. But when I had my mc I started to bleed naturally and then my cervix closed and I had to either do the medication (that van asked about) or d&c. I did the medication and I never will again. It wasn't painful and I only bleed for about 10 days but it was so hard on me emotionally more so than the d&c because I witnessed the whole sac come out. It broke my heart and I'll never unsee that. I know that's a terrible story but I thought you should hear my experience to be prepared. Again I'm so incredibly sorry for what you're going through.

Malia - I'm so sorry. I have no advice. Just do what you feel is the best.

I really need to get a membership to Costco but I don't think I would make it over there enough. Almost a hour drive for us.

Appointment Thursday! I'm 11 weeks today! I have an app that shows the size of LOs hand compared to a newborns. I love it. Posts updates everyday as well.

I'm sorry malia, I have no experience so I don't have any advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->