January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Yay Ali - congrats!!!

Congrats on double digits Thorpedo!

Vrogers and Thorpedo - Waiting for the 12 week scan is so hard, seems like it takes forever, right? I'm bored of waiting for mine!

Good news is that my doppler arrived today! I cannot wait to use it - I even chose to work from home today since I could tell from USPS tracking that it was arriving today. Can't pick it up from the package room for another 2 hours...in virtual meetings until then. Really hoping I find the heartbeat so that I'm less anxious come my 12 week scan!

Chitown, mine is in atlanta, I'm right outside of Atlanta, so it should be here by tomorrow!

Yay froggy! Do let me know how it works for you. I'll post an update later on how I find it :)

OMG OMG OMG I found the baby's heartbeat within like 2-3 minutes! Such a relief to hear it and know that baby is still hanging around. I'm so happy. Doppler was so easy to set up and use. I watched a bunch of youtube videos of others using it and they were extremely helpful.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

That's awesome chi!

First time mommies...I was informed on one of my other boards that I frequent, I believe all states mandated that medical insurances now pay for a breast pump 100%. I looked it up on my health providers website and, it was there. Super excited about that!

I am already debating which breast pump to buy I've heard so many good things about the spectra S2 pump, even though it's newer in the US.

Any second time moms have any recommendations?

I used the Ameda Purely Yours and it was great.

Ali - congrats!

Chi - glad you found the hb! It's so reassuring!

I just had a scan - everything is fine in there! Amazing how much they grow in a couple of weeks. Looks like a little person now instead of a jellybean.

This is by far my worst pregnancy ever... I feel like such garbage!!! Crampy, achy, headache every day, nausea is so bad not even zofran works! It took all the energy in me just to do one load of laundry. Anyone else pregnant with their 3rd or more?

I am already debating which breast pump to buy I've heard so many good things about the spectra S2 pump, even though it's newer in the US.

Any second time moms have any recommendations?

I used the Medela pump in style Advanced whatever one since that's what my insurance covered... I wasn't a fan. The pump itself worked fine, but I could not figure out what size flanges to use for the life of me! I would constantly get clogged ducts. I ended up quitting exclusively pumping at 4 months because of it.

This is by far my worst pregnancy ever... I feel like such garbage!!! Crampy, achy, headache every day, nausea is so bad not even zofran works! It took all the energy in me just to do one load of laundry. Anyone else pregnant with their 3rd or more?

I'm pregnant with number 4!! And every one has got worse for me 😞 Xx

Zofran doesn't work for me when I'm having a really bad nauseous day!

Chi- yes the weeks waiting for the appt are dragging! It's so hard when we can't be reassured by feeling baby kicks yet.

What kind of Doppler did you get? I can't remember if you said. Also, how far along are you now? I finally got my husband to agree to get a Doppler that's not too expensive, we should be getting one online Friday because of payday!

I got the one froggy recommended - the sonoline b 3hz. I'd heard that one mentioned often and the reviews were really good, so I went for it. It was under $40 after tax and shipping from fetaldoppler.net.

I'm just over 10 weeks (10w1d) so was happily surprised when it worked! I hear it can range from as early as 9 weeks to 12 weeks.

So exciting that you're getting one! You'll have to keep us updated!!! Hopefully it provides you some reassurance in between scans!

Are the dopplers used transvaginal or on the stomach? Sorry, I'm so new to this all

The dopplers are used on the stomach. I second getting a sononline B doppler. It's the one I have and I found the HB around 8 weeks.

Thanks for the Doppler reviews ladies. I'm planning to order one next weekend after my appointment. As long as it goes well I'll be ordering one.

Thank you ladies! I'm already working as an LPN and will switch to RN once I can. Hoping I can find a way to take more time off once baby comes. I should be able to if I stay where I'm at. I don't want to work where I'm at forever, but finding a job that works with DH's schedule is near impossible as a nurse. I'll probably have to hold a clinical position for awhile if I want out.

Glad you ladies are enjoying your dopplers. Making me kind of jealous, but I should really stay away from one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->