January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Malia - I am so very sorry. Back in November I had a natural m/c. They had only seen a gestational sac and a yolk sac, but no baby had developed. The actual miscarriage was thankfully quick and only lasted a couple of hours, but similar to Mrs Green, it was extremely emotionally traumatizing seeing the sac that I passed and other types of tissue. I bled and passed other types of tissue/clots over the next 7 days, and it was so so hard.

I agree with AliJo though that you should do what you feel is best for YOU. Big hugs being sent your way.

I guess I just need some time to think about it and weigh my pros and cons. Ugh, such a hard decision...:dohh:

Yes the benefit of the d&c is that it's over and done with and you don't have to witness the "stuff". With either the natural or misoprostal you do see stuff....

808- I think that's the best idea. Take some time to think and decide what is best for you. So many hugs sent your way.

Thorpedo - I'm in Waahington state, near Seattle. You?

That's a horrible thing for your mom to do. Rant away! I completely understand your feelings, my mom did the same thing to me. She told my aunt, the one who the family jokes that if you need some news spread to the extended family to tell her and everyone will know in a day or two. And she's clearly told a couple their people because she was talking freely about it in front of a friend of hers who came with her to my graduation :growlmad:

I'm in Southern California.

As far as my mom goes I haven't talked to her since. I just realized I can't trust her with secrets. My MIL on the other hand I trust completely. She's actually my doula and was my doula when my DD was born. I told her right away since she would have to change travel plans at the end of the year and not travel out of state.

808, I'm sorry to read your news. My 1st miscarriage was at 6 weeks and was the most painful... I had full blown contractions that lasted 2 hours... my contractions weren't even that painful during childbirth! My 2nd miscarriage didn't hurt at all, it just felt like a normal period.

Chitown, do you live in Chicago? I'm in Elk Grove Village!

808 - definitely take the time to think it over and discuss with DH. Choose whatever option is best for you. Big hugs

808, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I don't have any advice as my early mc happened naturally and was more like a period (was only 4-5 weeks). I think it's completely reasonable to take the week to think about what's best for you. Take care of yourself and again I am so sorry.

808- I am so very sorry for your loss and wish you the very best in the future. I agree it would be good to take some time and consider your options.
I miscarried naturally at 6ish weeks and although it was an absolutely horrible experience, I liked that it was in the privacy of my own home and it was not overly physically painful for me (but I didn't need a d&c - my body chose for me). I hope you have a fast recovery and are able to take some time to heal emotionally, whatever option you choose. :hugs: We will miss you on here!

So sorry Malia. I can't offer any advice but I'm sure you will make the right decision for you xx

808, I'm sorry to read your news. My 1st miscarriage was at 6 weeks and was the most painful... I had full blown contractions that lasted 2 hours... my contractions weren't even that painful during childbirth! My 2nd miscarriage didn't hurt at all, it just felt like a normal period.

Chitown, do you live in Chicago? I'm in Elk Grove Village!

I do live in Chicago - we're so close! My doppler was at the post office in Elk Grove Village all day yesterday :)

In double digits- as far as weeks go.
8 more days until my midwife appt.
3 weeks 3 days until first tri is over.
Somewhere in between there I'll have my first scan.

How is everyone doing this morning?

I'm doing fantastic!! Appointment tomorrow that DH can go to since my aunt agreed to watch our son. Also..

I PASSED MY BOARDS!! :happydance:

I'm now a registered nurse! Well my license hasn't been issued, but I am as far as I care! It'll probably be issued withing a couple of weeks (says up to 6 weeks but it didn't take that long when I took my boards for LPN). Takes a little time since they have to send the information to the state board of nursing.

So relieved to be past that. I feel much more relaxed now.

Thor - Just want to say yay for week 10!! I'd hate waiting for my first scan that long!

Malia - Just want to let you know you're still in my heart and I've been thinking about you! I hope you find comfort soon.

Yay for 10 weeks Thorpedo and congrats on being a reg. nurse Ali, that's so exciting!

2 weeks today until my next scan (I'll be almost 12 weeks, not sure what all my doctor will do). My sickness had stayed away for a week until last night, it was probably the worst yet, I thought I was dying while hugging the toilet. Today has been better other than a splitting headache.

Hope everyone else is feeling good and any appointments/scans go well!

Thinking of you malia. I had a mmc over a year ago, i didnt have betas etc but went for ny 12 week scan and baby stopped growing at 10 weeks. I choose to have a D&C as a hadnt bled at all and was an increased risk of infection. I have also had a number of natural miscarraige at 6weeks before and my personal opinion is i couldnt handle going through the natural process again. Personally when i natutlral mc it was a horrid experience both emotionally, physically. I opted for a D&C for my own personal reasons but eveeyone has different opinions

Thor - Congrats on double digi's! I feel like time is already flying.

Ali - Huge congratulations!!!!! Are you going to start looking to work right away or after the baby is born?

How exciting ali! Congrats!
Thorpedo, yay for 10 weeks! You are 25% done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->