January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Congrats on the girl!!!

I can't belive people are finding out already what they're having.

My nausea has been milk today but instead I got a migraine... Oh the joys.

Chi - congrats on having a girl! You early announcers are going to make the wait until 20 weeks seem sooo long! :haha:

Congrats Chi on a little girl how exciting! :D

I can not wait to find out gender now, we are getting a private scan at 16 weeks so only 4 weeks to go!

This nausea is back in full force I really thought id go over the worst of it :(

Chi - congrats on the girl!!

We are team Yellow for now. We aren't going to do the NIPT because insurance won't cover, which means we'll be waiting for the anatomy scan around 17-20 weeks. I'll see my OB again next week and I'll ask her then when we get to find out. But it seems SO FAR AWAY.

DH wants to wait until DAY OF BIRTH! :dohh: not happening for me. :p I want to know asap for planning purposes!

Congrats on the girl & that she is healthy Chi!

Glad your twins are di/di also Mrs. Green, did they see the two placentas already?

Ugh so nausea is being replaced by headaches...joy.

Are there any uk ladies here? Only cause materniry care is different. The paying for scans confuses me lol x

Congrats on the girl, chi! That's so exciting!!

Had my appt today and I'm officially moving my due date up to January 11. My doctor has kept that date since my first appt at 5 weeks, but I figured I would wait until this one to actually change it (even though it's only 2 days earlier than what I had haha). Baby measured perfectly, hb was 170 but I did find out I'm Rh negative so that freaks me out but apparently I have to get an injection at 28 weeks.

My gender scan is in 3 weeks from today at 15 weeks and then another follow up w/ my doctor a week after that! Can't believe I'll know the gender in a couple weeks.

Hope everyone else is having a good week and any appts go well! :)

I'm also rh negative, but I've known that forever. I made dh get his tested a couple of months ago when he was having routine blood tests done and found out he's positive, so I'll be getting those injections too. Just take care if you have any bleeding. You'll need to tell your doctor immediately because you may need an injection early. Read up on rh negative mums. Important for you and your baby! We'll be going through the journey together!

I am Rh negative too. Not a big deal to get the injection, but I do admit it causes me a lot of anxiety before the 28 weeks, panicking that I'm going to have a bleed and then have to race to emergency to get the injection.

I am getting so sick of this fatigue. Wednesday is my day off with my dd and I've been waiting for a hot day to do fun summer things with her for ages! It was finally gorgeous out, but all I managed was half an hour in the back yard with her, and then needed a 2.5 hour nap. I'm so thankful she naps still, but I feel so guilty and annoyed with myself that I can never manage to do much more than sleep and lie around on our day off together. :(

Danser- they are in two separate sacs and at the last appointment our doc said it looks like the placenta is forming here (pointing to screen) so haven't officially seen it but doc said they're forming separate ones lol

How accurate is a gender scan before 18-20 weeks? And does anyone know if it's any different for twins?

Makes me feel better to have a couple other people in the same boat as me! I'll be keeping an eye out for bleeding and keep reading up on how to take care of myself and baby!

Thank you, chi! Can't believe how fast it's going for us all :)

Mrs.G - I would think it's almost as accurate as it is with a single but I don't honestly know. I think the biggest issue would be trying to get the right angle if one or both are being difficult.

My mother was Rh negative so she had to get all those lovely injections with all of us. I'm O+, didn't know until I had my son. I guess they like to know what baby is if you have an O blood type because if baby is A, B, or AB they have a higher chance of having issues with jaundice. Don't know if they do it everywhere, though. Definitely not near as big as an issue as it is with Rh - mommas.

Mrs.G - I would think it's almost as accurate as it is with a single but I don't honestly know. I think the biggest issue would be trying to get the right angle if one or both are being difficult.

My mother was Rh negative so she had to get all those lovely injections with all of us. I'm O+, didn't know until I had my son. I guess they like to know what baby is if you have an O blood type because if baby is A, B, or AB they have a higher chance of having issues with jaundice. Don't know if they do it everywhere, though. Definitely not near as big as an issue as it is with Rh - mommas.

I didn't know that about the jaundice thing! I'm O+ as well and dd#1 is B+ and had really bad jaundice.

Greats - Yeah, I can't remember why I looked it up, but I did. It definitely can cause it! I have no idea what DH is. He can't be AB that's the only one I can ruled out.

Are there any uk ladies here? Only cause materniry care is different. The paying for scans confuses me lol x

I'm in the UK :D

Been awake since 5am this morning so I know I'm going to be feeling exhausted later today :coffee: wish I found it as easy as my OH to fall asleep, he's gone in seconds, once I'm awake I struggle to get back to sleep for ages!

Hi everyone! I keep falling I to this cycle of getting caught up and then falling behind. I have been so nauceous the last week and a half and have had no energy to get on. Been feeling better the last 2 days so hoping to get all caught up and get the front updated. DS woke up with a fever today so will start reading during nap

Other than feeling nauceous all is going great. Have been feeling baby move, which I just love!

I am also RH negative and wanted to offer some info. You get the RHOgam shot around 28 weeks but also anytime you have bleeding, unless its after DTD (some bleeding can be common as the cervix is more sensitive). You Dont have to rush to the ER as you have 72 hours to get the injection. You would want to just call your doctor/midwife and they should be able to bring you into the office and do it there. Once baby is born, they will do a blood test on baby. Of they have a positive blood type, you will get another injection within 72 hours of delivery (just in case blood mixed during the birth). If they have a negative blood type, no additional injection is needed. Also, being RH negative is not harmful for your baby. It is only in subsequent pregnancies if that baby was a positive blood type and blood mixed that can be dangerous as your body would attack the baby. So the injections trick your body into thinking its already created the antibody to protect future pregnancies.

Like I said, I'm hoping to hop back on in a few hours to start replying and catching up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->