January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

I've started wearing some of my old maternity clothes.. I figured I might as well be comfortable.

I know I'm definitely looking forward to OH feeling little one move. Event though this is our second I know he's impatient to be to that stage. He's really eager to find out the gender. I think it's going slower for him than it is for me! I'm also excited to get DS to feel baby move. We talk to him about how he's going to be a big brother and that there is a baby coming, but I think once I really start to show and he can see/feel baby move it'll really start clicking that something is going to happen.

My appointment is Friday, then in a couple of weeks we're going to be heading down to Florida to visit my brother and meet my niece for the first time!

I'm looking forward to so many things!

- Feeling the baby move (don't feel anything yet)
- 20 week u/s (not until end of August, blah!)
- Having an actual bump versus just looking fat (hah!)
- Not having headaches any more!

I definitely am eager for an actual bump! I'm overweight although not horribly so, but I just feel fatter!

Midnight - Ahh I don't envy that move.. I did it couple years ago I came back to my home town to be with family after living over 200 miles away for a few years.. nice to be back but I remember how busy the lead up to the move was!

Yeah my OH is so excited.. well I think he is, he's on and off with how he shows his feelings towards it. I think he's finding things a bit harder because I've had 4 and it's his first.. he's a bit mixed with feeling scared and happy. I do understand its hard we have only been together just over a year and I think he's worried the pressure it's going to put on us but we will be fine. I think it's hard for men at this stage because all they see is us feeling sick and tired, when I'm showing properly and he can feel baby it might feel a bit more real for him.

I'm showing now, but the size changes shape everyday sometimes I look massive others not so, so def alot of bloat and bit of bump!

Has everyone started buying stuff yet? I've been looking but not bought anything. As it's our 5th I can't really pass things down as it's already passed through youngest two so need start again with this one. Think we are waiting til after gender scan before really thinking about shopping. Can't help looking at all the beautiful prams though!

Ana - I haven't bought anything yet because we want to know the gender as well. I have lists made of items I like and I'm constantly looking. We have some of the bigger items, but we have to buy a lot yet because I gave a lot to my brother as they couldn't really buy anything. If it's a boy we won't need too many clothes although I'll still get some. I'm sad because the bouncy seat I liked so much is no longer in production!

Midnight - Ahh I don't envy that move.. I did it couple years ago I came back to my home town to be with family after living over 200 miles away for a few years.. nice to be back but I remember how busy the lead up to the move was!

Yeah my OH is so excited.. well I think he is, he's on and off with how he shows his feelings towards it. I think he's finding things a bit harder because I've had 4 and it's his first.. he's a bit mixed with feeling scared and happy. I do understand its hard we have only been together just over a year and I think he's worried the pressure it's going to put on us but we will be fine. I think it's hard for men at this stage because all they see is us feeling sick and tired, when I'm showing properly and he can feel baby it might feel a bit more real for him.

I'm showing now, but the size changes shape everyday sometimes I look massive others not so, so def alot of bloat and bit of bump!

Has everyone started buying stuff yet? I've been looking but not bought anything. As it's our 5th I can't really pass things down as it's already passed through youngest two so need start again with this one. Think we are waiting til after gender scan before really thinking about shopping. Can't help looking at all the beautiful prams though!

Oo our situations sound similar. We have been together a year next month! So yes, the pressure and worry of opinions is horrid. My OH feels pressure to do the right thing constantly. I tell him we only need to do what we wish. He is very scared too! There are no babies in his family yet. He has no idea what to expect! Xx

I want to buy stuff but no point untill moved as will just have to move it all again! Xx

Any suggestions on great activities and toys for a long car trip with a 2 year old?

I'm so jealous of those of you feeling LO move! This is my first so I imagine it won't be for several more weeks. And I like to think that I'm showing but I'm sure this is just bloat. I'm ready to look pregnant and not just "pudgy" though!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 5
Vr - I'm sure some of it is bump! Your uterus should be past your pelvic bone. I can feel the top of my uterus now.

I look super pregnant, but I know it's mostly just my organs pushed up and out. I have a short torso so there's not much space.

Any suggestions on great activities and toys for a long car trip with a 2 year old?

We do a 4hr twice a month, I try and go early or late so she sleeps! Cds of nursery rhymes are good for her but not good for adults!

I look super pregnant, but I know it's mostly just my organs pushed up and out. I have a short torso so there's not much space.

This is so me!

Hubby doesn't like to feel baby move. He tried once with our first and it just freaks him out so won't even contemplate feeling or watching any of our babies move, makes me sad as I think it's amazing.

I have felt baby move a handful of times just butterfly sensations apart from once when I was drinking a can of ice cold fizzy coke and every time I took a sip baby was literally somersaulting about!

We do a 4hr twice a month, I try and go early or late so she sleeps! Cds of nursery rhymes are good for her but not good for adults!

It'll be a 16 hour trip. DH is going to get off work, get some sleep, then we plan to leave late afternoon. He'll be awake for the start of the trip but hopefully we'll finish before he wakes up. I expect we'll have to find a safe place to stop with some good amount of grass for him to run around for awhile. I just don't see him enjoying being held down in a car seat for 4-6 hours before he falls asleep no matter what we bring to entertain him.

Those are mine too!! Especially the actual bump rather htan looking fat! lol! I had some pudge to begin with, but it's just gotten to where I look like I gained a ton of weight rather than a baby bump! Although when my BIL saw me last week he was sweet enough to say "aww, you're starting to show!" as if it was a real bump and not just me looking huge. LoL

Chitown, and angel, I have the same list!

I had my first OB appointment today. It was amazing to feel like a regular pregnant person! Everything went well!

Ladies, i just had some bad news. I am really freaking out and I am worried for the baby. The news is unrelated to my pregnancy, but will this stress effect? I feel horrendous :(

I'm so sorry about your bad news! Do your best to clear your mind and relax, which I know can be difficult when bad news raises stress levels. Can you put in some head phones and listen to some relaxing music, or a guided relaxation thing online?

Even talking it out with someone could help. You can always let it out on here. You got a lovely group of women to listen. And I'm on a completely different time zone to most - I'm just waking up - so I'll check in regularly today to see if you've posted anything.

I am actually showing now too. When I lie down, I can see my uterus bulging, and feel it too. However, I'm also still super bloated so I looked 6 months pregnant instead of 3. Sigh!

Vrogers - beautiful bump!

Midnight - I'm very sorry about your bad news. Although stress is not really good for the baby, ALL pregnant moms go through some stress at some point, and it is very unlikely to affect your baby. Try to relax and try to cope with the news the best way that you can.

Those are mine too!! Especially the actual bump rather htan looking fat! lol! I had some pudge to begin with, but it's just gotten to where I look like I gained a ton of weight rather than a baby bump! Although when my BIL saw me last week he was sweet enough to say "aww, you're starting to show!" as if it was a real bump and not just me looking huge. LoL

These are mine too!! :)

Thank you so much. I will be ok. More upset then stressed. I have a hospital appointment and feel like I will burst into tears! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->