January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Then burst into tears! Let it out. Might be the best thing you could do. It would release everything and you'd be with people who can give you support.

I think I have felt some movement. My sister asked me today about getting her a list of guests and to register. I'd like a baby shower, but the idea of it makes me so incredibly anxious.

That's sweet of your sister, danser!

Registering makes me anxious because neither of us has ANY clue what we need or what the best brands are and then yesterday I was taking a peek at the classes offered at the hospital I plan to give birth, and saw the ABCs of newborns class was already filling up for the October one (this class is only every 2 months) so I got us signed up for that one. We haven't a clue when to register for the childbirth one so I set that aside for now. Sometimes I just feel like I have no clue what I'm doing and baby's not even here yet.

Also ready to get that second tri energy I keep hearing about. Just woke up from a 2 hour nap after telling myself I was going to work out!

Midnight - I'm so sorry you got some bad news. Stress can affect the baby, but I don't know how much and I'm sure it'll be okay. Take some deep breaths, try to do something to help you calm down (tea, or a warm bath or something?). :hugs:

vrogers - I'm in the same boat. Registering makes me anxious too because we don't know what we are looking for and what brands, etc.

I could use that 2nd Tri energy too! :haha: I keep making myself go to the gym, but it leaves me SO tired, even if I only do a little bit, that I have to take a nap! LoL

Some suggestions for what to register! Looooooove the Aden and Anais muslin cloths, plus they come in adorable designs... we use them as a swaddle blanket, burp cloth, car seat cover when it's raining, etc.

Popular infant seats in the US are Britax or Chicco... great crash safety ratings as well!

If you plan on bottle feeding, register for a few different brands as baby might not take to particular ones. My first took to every bottle brand whereas my second will only take munchkin latch bottles.

I prefer jogging strollers as they are VERY easy to maneuver around. Though I hear the city mini and britax b agile strollers are fab!

If we are having another girl, we won't be doing any shower, but if we're having a boy then we will be doing a small sprinkle just for clothes and diapers.

NT ultrasound is in 4 days!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, thank you greats! One of the many reasons I love this forum, everyone is always so helpful and it's nice to have many ladies who have already been down this road.

Yes, thank you greats!!

So, while we are on the subject of a registry..... I'm looking through things and adding them to my "private registry list" on amazon, just to get an idea (and they give you tips on things to consider buying which is helpful). One thing that popped up is diaper pails. I ABHOR the smell of dirty diapers. I had a friend who just used a regular trash can in her nursery and the room always smelled of nasty dirty diapers, and my house is small and I can guarantee that smell will permeate through the entire house. So, prior mama's, can you weigh in on your thoughts regarding the different diaper pails and what works and what doesn't work?

Some people swear by the diaper genie, I've heard others mention other brands, and I've heard others say neither is worth it and just to use a trash can. But seriously, I'll pay the extra $ for one that keeps the smell concealed (and I know the smell isn't an issue right away but that's not the point :haha: )

Angel we used a diaper genie but didn't get it until 6 months when we started solids. Before that it didn't stink as it was just breast milk!

Hi ladies,

I'm back in my home country on holiday right now and since everything is so much more expensive where I live (and I'm not fluent enough to completely understand everything a sales person would say to me), I decided to hit the baby stores while I'm here. I went into several, including different branches of the same store, and asked about 100 questions (probably more!), specifically looking at a few bigger items - stroller/pram, car seat and breast pumps. I got their advice and every single store recommended the same car seat and stroller for my purposes. I've both the car seat (a britax safe and sound) and picked out the stroller (city mini GT) that my mum will bring over for me when she comes for the birth. I'll check out strollers at home first, just in case we find one the same, as good, or similar for a similar price and then I'll tell her not to worry. We also might be going to the UK in September, and with the pound so weak right now, we might be better buying it there (sorry UK mums to be!!).

Haven't even thought about things like diaper pails! You're way ahead of me, but definitely worth thinking about. I look forward to hearing more ideas from experienced mama!

Newbie I'm not sure where you normally live but have you checked you can use an Aussie seat in the other country? For example you can use an Aussie seat here in Canada.

Where I live, there are very few regulations regarding things like that. An Australian seat would be far safer than any seats sold over there! Car seats aren't even a requirement :-( Seat belts in the back seat are still optional :-(

how you ladies all doing today?

i went to doc about headaches, said my blood pressure was fine and it was just hormone related. She also advised to keep track of my food and water intake as certain foods or smells may trigger of headaches- she said cheese and chocolate are two potential culprits.

:coffee:

Morning ladies, hope everyone is doing well. Had my NT scan yesterday, bubs of course was being the crazy mover that she is. When we started the scan she was upside down and waving. Scan went well, HR was 157, she measured a few days ahead and the tech said liquid behind the neck was good. My dad cracked me up, he kept hovering over the screen and laughed every time she moved or waved. Of course she never lets us get a good picture but, I've attached the blurry one below lol.

IMG_2394.jpg

We just put diapers in the regular trash can in the kitchen. I can't recall any major stink issues.

midnight- sorry for the bad news
froggy- yay for moving on to the OB
vrodgers- registering is so overwhelming right now, so much stuff and times two. I have lots of friends with kids as a good resource.

Vankiwi - Thanks! I am going to try to breast feed for as long as possible but I Know that both my mom and sister had difficulty producing enough milk to breast feed so I am prepared for the fact I Might have to go to formula sooner than I had planned.

Newbie - THat's great that you can get out and look around in other places! I'm not really that far ahead, I just saw it on the amazon list of things for the nursery. :haha: I haven't looked at carseats or strollers yet. . . . Car seats aren't a requirement where you live?! :wacko:

TTCBaby - Good to hear! Isn't it just adorable when they are moving around? Baffles me a little at how active they can be in womb but how not active they are when they are born. lol.

We had a diaper genie and didn't use it very long as it really didn't mask the smell of poop diapers. I just save all my plastic grocery bags from walmart and put the poop diaper in that and tie it up, works great, and I live in an apartment.

Nice scan photo, TTCBaby!

Also for those having a baby shower, do a diaper raffle! Anyone who brings a box of diapers can be entered into a raffle and win a prize! I threw my SILs baby shower last spring and we gave away a little nail/pedicure kit, $10 gift card to Target, and a bottle of wine. She got a tonnnnn of diapers!

TTC - Sounds like a great experience!!

Newbie - They don't require car seats there?? Where do you live? Seat belts in the back are optional if you're 18 or older but you have to if you're under 18.

Someone told me to use dog bags instead of wasting money on a diaper genie or something along those lines.

Had my doctor's appointment today. Heart rate was 153! I was so happy to hear baby's heartbeat! I still feel movement everyday. Doctor said everything was fine with my blood work. Which I expected since they didn't call.

The anatomy ultrasound is set up for August 17th. So excited! I can't wait!

I didn't have a baby shower with my first. I wanted to but I was in the middle of nursing school and it was all too complicated at the time for me. I kind of want to this time around. I'm not sure.

I've saved the stroller/car seat info y'all have given as well as not needing the diaper genie and other registry items to get! I feel so clueless in this area since I'm brand new to this haha. Thank you all for the help! Glad I'm not the only one a little anxious about registering, but looks like there's plenty of experienced mamas here :)

Congrats on the good scan/appt TTC and Ali!

I am also totally clueless and found the best thing to do is ask questions! Our group is a good source of information, but I also found the stores very helpful. All I need to do now is figure out how I'm going to get my suitcase packed with the stuff I bought! Luckily, I only came with 9kgs and have 2 x 23kgs baggage limit! I don't think I've bought anything too heavy, but you never know! Heading back to dh next week. I'm wondering what he'll think about my little bump that's developing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->