• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Hey everyone. Hoping I can join. I got my BFP today! Been trying for 21 months and it's been a long road. I already have a Daughter who was conceived after just 2 months NTNP!

I ov'd CD23, so today I am just 11 DPO. Digi come up with pregnant 1-2. My ticker is based on my LMP which was 10th April, but I know in reality I am not 4 weeks 5 days pregnant due to late ovulation. Due date 15th Jan , again based on LMP, but I reckon it is more likely going to be a week or so later. I guess I'l find out when I got for my first ultrasound.

Pomp - Congratulations and welcome!! I'm sure a lot of us will fluctuate some. I remember with my son I got bumped a week further along. If that happens again I'll no longer have a January due date! I'll probably stay here anyways.

KK - I'm feeling good, but I'm starting to have a little bit of nausea and food aversion. Nothing to write home about, though. Also tired and I had unrelated back/hip pain that was horrible. I'm finally starting to feel better, though. It was awful Wednesday, couldn't even stand straight. I did some stretching throughout the day on Thursday and I think that really helped because today I feel sooo much better! I made sure to get to the gym and walk at an incline on the treadmill since that always seems to help my hip issues.

Momtastic - Just read back a little, hope you're okay. :hugs:

Newbie - I'm right along with you on the fatigue. I'm always torn between taking a nap with my son or getting some work done around the place since it's the best time to hammer a lot of it out.

Ellie - I avoid night shifts like the plague. I felt so sick on them when I had to do them for about 3 months. Flipping my schedule twice a week was killing me. I hope it's fairing well for you though, other than the nausea which I hope isn't too bad.

So, today I was at my great grandmother's and my aunt (who lives with her and helps her out) saw a gorgeous dog being walked so we went to get a closer look to see if we could tell what it was. Well the lady was walking a dog, pushing a stroller, with a baby strapped on her chest. I made the comment "Hey, maybe I should just do that with our second one instead of considering a double stroller." I say general things like this because I always planned on having more. She looks at me and is all "Second?! *Looks down at my stomach* Are you trying to tell me something?!"
Me "What?! No.. I mean.. it's not like we aren't planning on having more"
Her "Oh.. so you're not pregnant, are you?"
Me "No.. I'm not."
Her "Okay, thought you were trying to tell me something for a minute!"
I've made comments like this before so I have no idea why she jumped on this assumption! I swear people can smell it or something.. :haha:

So, I lied to my favorite aunt. Then later I got her to watch my son for my "dental appointment" I'll be having. Also lied about taking ibuprofen for my severe back pain to my stepmom. She then applied this patch to my back to help which I then went to the restroom and ripped off since I read that the ingredients aren't recommended during pregnancy. I'll be glad when I tell everyone so I don't have to keep hiding! :wacko:

Okay, I need some sleep. Stayed up long enough. :sleep:

AliJo ooh man that amount of lying/hiding is exhausting, lol! It will be so nice when we all reveal the truth. :)

We are finally heading home from our two-week vacation today and I'm looking forward to being in my own home again.

Hi,
Can I join please. My due date is 2nd January.

I already have a daughter, she is about to turn 4 in the summer. We have been trying for a second child for a couple of years now. We would have liked them to be closer in age. We were finally getting whole nights sleep and in September no child care payments. All going to change now. I sort of started to prepare myself mentally for my daughter being an only child then I get a bfp. Can't wait to let her know she has been asking for a baby for ages.

Morning girls,

AliJo - That must be really hard keeping up the secret. I told my immediate friends and my mum and dad but not announced it yet so no one else knows. I quite like just having my own little secret that me and my partner can keep for a little while.

Pompeyvix - Congratulations and welcome!

I'm feeling ok this morning. My little girl is poorly so another day at home for me, she was off school yesterday too. Poor thing hate it when they are ill and I can't do anything.

My back is playing up this last week. Its so hard now im limited on painkillers. Before I found out I was pregnant I'd been having back/hip pain for a few years.. since my last baby who's 3 now. I fought constantly for doctors to investigate and they just kept brushing it off until 3 months ago when I said I'd had enough and demand them to look into it. I finally got an MRI scan showing I had 2 herniated discs, one partly bulging one fully herniated and was surrounding the spinal cord. They referred me to a neurosurgeon as they thought surgery would be only option.. now I'm pregnant and I'm really worried how I'm going to cope with the added weight on my back. I assume they are not going to offer me surgery now. I have my appt with the Neurosurgeon next Sat so I'm keeping everything crossed that they can offer some alternative to manage the pain!

Hi, can you please add me? I'm due 22nd January :)

Congratulations ladies :)

Jessica & Yo Yo - Welcome ladies!! Congratulations!!

Yo Yo - I remember you from when I got pregnant with my son! Only a month between him and your son!

Jessica - That'll be fun to let her know!! Sometimes older children are a blessing with the next child. I hear many say how helpful they are! Maybe you'll really like this age gap!

Ana - Oh gosh I couldn't even imagine that pain. It's bad enough when I put my back out! My brother has back issues and he's miserable at times. He's got a herniated disc as well, but also narrowing and there is fusion. I don't know how many discs are fused, but he can hardly handle it. He needs surgery as well, but he's afraid of getting it because many people he talked to that had it didn't have good outcomes. Either the pain was no better or they were worse. The problem with it is that he can't choose who does it because he's in the military and they decide. Otherwise he could find a good surgeon.

Slam - I really enjoy our little secret as well. I will probably tell some people when I'm about 10 weeks. I work with my stepmom and I don't want everyone at work accidentally finding out because she's not very good at keeping a secret when she's excited!

Hello all! I'm excited to be joining you! I am due January 24 with baby #2! Just got my BFP today! :)

Welcome Literati and YoYo! :D

AliJo - yeah it's painful but guess I'm used to living with it now. Just a nightmare as I can't take my usual codeine and ibuprofen. Fingers crossed the surgeon can find something to help next week!

Hope you have all had a good day. I'm feeling ok today, waiting for OH come back from dping the horses then we can have dinner I'm starving! Seem to constantly be hungry these days lol

Welcome and congrats to all the new adds!! :)

As for the lying and hiding, that's so difficult. We've decided not to hide it. We aren't publicly announcing necessarily but if someone asks we tell them. I had to tell my job out of necessity because i'm high risk and the doctor is seeing me weekly, and I'm out of sick leave for the school year so I had to tell my Principal what was going on. As well as my "team" because it felt wrong constantly lying to them about why I was missing a day every week (also makes me look like a craptastic teacher). So several people at my job know, and DH had to tell his job because I plan on him being at those U/S so they had to know why he needed off early every Tuesday for the next six weeks.

We haven't told extended family but close friends and our immediate family knows. If anything happens, I'd rather have the support. But that is just our decision, after 14 months of TTC and 2 losses, I'm so over "hiding" it. :haha:

AFM - we have our next U/S on Tuesday and will be 6w+2. Hoping to see heart beat!! It might make me feel less anxious. Right now my symptoms come and go. One day I feel fine, and the next I feel nauseous and dizzy all day. Yesterday was pretty bad. I'm just glad I was giving quizzes and tests in all my classes so I didn't have to move around much. The remainder of this school year may be tricky.

Thanks, Anababe and Angel5000!

That makes sense why you wouldn't try to keep it a secret, Angel! That is a lot of appointments to explain away.

AliJo thankfully I don't have to do nights that often, maybe one week a month, but they are terrible for nausea, I could hardly manage when I was pregnant with my daughter.

We have told family and close friends already, and a few colleagues due to the nature of my job. We were going to keep it a secret for longer, but I am terrible with secrets and we figured if I get hyperemesis again I will need their support. Saving telling extended family until after the 12 week scan though.

What stage is everyone planning on telling their other kids? I am planning on waiting for the 12 week scan before telling dd, but she has already noticed I'm feeling poorly, so I hope she doesn't worry! X

Hi ladies. Made it over from the other thread. My EDD is January 2, 2017. My first appointment is Monday, May 23!

Thanks, Anababe and Angel5000!

That makes sense why you wouldn't try to keep it a secret, Angel! That is a lot of appointments to explain away.

Oh yeah. The teachers now get it but my students are starting to get suspicious. There's only so many things I can try to make up for why I have to miss a day! As a teacher I can't just take off a couple hours, we can only get a sub for a half day or full day, so I try to just take half days but even then the same kids have a sub. Last week one of my kids pulled me aside and asked if I was okay and if I had cancer! :dohh: :rofl:

I've managed to brush it aside and blame my asthma/lungs for several of them (I had pneumonia a few weeks ago, right before my BFP) but I'm out of excuses. Luckily this is the last week I'll have to be gone. After this I managed to get my appointments late enough that I just have to leave RIGHT after the last bell. Which is still earlier than my contract allows me to leave, but I can tell the kids I'm not avaiable for tutorials because of meetings. I have so many of those this time of year that it'll be believable. :)

What stage is everyone planning on telling their other kids? I am planning on waiting for the 12 week scan before telling dd, but she has already noticed I'm feeling poorly, so I hope she doesn't worry! X

I was going to wait until 12 weeks to tell my Niece (who is very close to me, lives just down the street, and I see weekly at least) but even at 5 she's incredibly perceptive, and has noticed I feel very poorly lately. Plus she heard my sister and I talking and even talking in code, she started to make connections (her pre-K teachers have all been pregnant over the last year so she's very familiar with "babies in tummys"). And she wanted to know why I wouldn't jump on the trampoline anymore and telling her I was too tired was not cutting it. Persistent little thing. So we finally told her (at my sisters request). I'm terrified of what will happen if something goes wrong, I don't know how to explain that to her. But she's too smart and would figure it out. Last week before we told her she patted my tummy and said "Auntie Jess i think you have a baby in here. Do you?"

CrowBaby - if I click the link nothing shows up because it's private. I think that to get into a private group you'll have to add us individually. :/ We could all add you as a friend on FB, you could add us to the group (we can include our username from BnB in the friend request) and then we can delete teh friend request if wanted. That seems like a lot of work for you though.

Elliebellie I'm going to tell my daughter aged four after the 20 week scan. I want her to know if it's a boy or girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->