January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Hi ladies I had my 12 week scan the other day and the brought my date forward from the 4th Feb to 29th Jan. You mind if I join you lovely lot? X

Thanks everyone.

No real plans for the weekend yet. MIL may come up to help H paint the trim and decide on window dressings for the nursery. H mentioned wanted to go to Babies R Us or something look at double strollers. He wanted me to try things out see if I can lift them before I get to too big. It's too early to be buying though.

Looking at pushchairs sounds fun. I cant believe I am having to think about that again!

We have DDs birthday party tomorrow. Which means a busy day today making a cake etc!

Trying - Welcome! We're always glad to have new ladies!!

WDW - A day before mine! Lucky! My OB won't do it till you're 20 weeks. The quickest I could get in is the 17th. Also Happy Birthday!! It's my father's birthday as well.. probably should remember to bug him!

Midnight - Home birth around here is like taboo or something. I think it would help if my state would allow midwives or even doctors to practice outside of a hospital or a recognized birthing center. It's just not something that you see in the US much.

Oh the rain!! I love it when it rains and thunderstorms are my favorite. It's just been thunderstorms lately. I'm waiting for a day when it's just raining so I can take my son out to play in it. May have to wait till further in the season.

Tryingagain3- welcome!

Vankiwi- hope tomorrow goes well

AliJo- we had full on heavy tropical rain the other day, it's been so mild but wet.

danser55- exciting about the strollers, i haven't bought anything yet but waiting till 20 week scan then i am going to start buying a few bits.

x

Happy Birthday WDWJess! My birthday is the 25th. :) DH keeps asking what I want and I'm really not a "gift" person. lol I'd say a day to do nothing but while I'm on summer break I get that most of the day anyway. :haha:

Welcome TryingAgain! :)

So, random issue I'm having.... earlier this month I thought I had UTI - had some pretty bad bladder pains, etc. The tests all came back negative as no UTI. Yesterday evening I started having similar pains. It's ridiculous, and I don't want to go back to the urgent care clinic if it's not a UTI. They said last time that they suspect it could be that my bladder is irritated. Well, it's definitely irritated today. Got no sleep because of it (pretty severe pain) and today it's back and forth.

I still had some left over "pain" pills they give for UTI. Took one last night finally around 2am and managed to get some relief and fell asleep at 3am. :/ I'm taking another one before I go tutor or I don't think I'll make it through my tutoring session. Overall, this sucks. I actually suspect its from soda. both times I have had it occurred the day of and after having had a couple sodas (I am drinking non-caffeinated soda like sprint but carbonation maybe?). IT's the closest connection I could come up with. Going to talk to OB about it at my next appointment but if it doesn't go away in a couple days I'll have to go back to the walk in clinic or get a dr appointment. I cna't keep this up.

I'm having my NT scan next Thursday and then I'm paying for a private gender scan :)

I'm hoping to be team girl but will be happy with a 4th boy.

I'm sorry about your pain! I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Afm, I definitely felt movement today! It felt amazing and took me a while to figure out what it was. We were watching a really funny movie and each time I stopped laughing, I could feel flutters very low, close to my pelvic bone. Sometimes it was stronger than others, but I definitely got the impression that the baby enjoyed the movie too (or at least enjoyed my laughter!).

Anyone else have an anterior placenta? Apparently I have one this time around and was wondering when do you start feeling movements more? 20+ weeks?

Feeling a little stressed out atm... dd#2 has her 1st birthday next week and her party a few days after... have SO much to do and prep! Ahhh!!!

Greats - I actually had an anterior placenta with my dd last time, and I still felt movements at 13 weeks. They were very weak though and it was closer to 20 weeks before they were strong. I do know a friend who had an anterior placenta and she didn't feel until 20 weeks or so. I am not sure why but I seem to feel my babies really early.

Good luck with your dd 's birthday party. I didn't realize you were having quite a close age gap! Are your first and second very close together as well? My dd's second birthday is coming up in August and we haven't even thought about a part yet. Definitely need to get on that.

WDW - A day before mine! Lucky! My OB won't do it till you're 20 weeks. The quickest I could get in is the 17th. Also Happy Birthday!! It's my father's birthday as well.. probably should remember to bug him!

Mine is 17th too, no idea why I said 16th, I'll blame it on baby brain lol!
Happy birthday to your dad tomorrow too!

Anyone else have an anterior placenta? Apparently I have one this time around and was wondering when do you start feeling movements more? 20+ weeks?

Feeling a little stressed out atm... dd#2 has her 1st birthday next week and her party a few days after... have SO much to do and prep! Ahhh!!!

Happy birthday to your DD.
As far as anterior placentas. I had one with my DD and I felt her around 16-17 weeks. Then big movements around 20 weeks. With this baby I have another anterior placenta and I can feel this baby when they move to my right side. And it's only feels like gas bubbles. I'm hoping to start feeling this little one more.

I had an anterior placenta with DD and felt her the day I turned 20 weeks. I have another anterior placenta this time!

Greats I hear you on the party thing - it's DDs 3rd birthday on Monday, we are having her party tomorrow and I'm feeling swamped!

Greats - I actually had an anterior placenta with my dd last time, and I still felt movements at 13 weeks. They were very weak though and it was closer to 20 weeks before they were strong. I do know a friend who had an anterior placenta and she didn't feel until 20 weeks or so. I am not sure why but I seem to feel my babies really early.

Good luck with your dd 's birthday party. I didn't realize you were having quite a close age gap! Are your first and second very close together as well? My dd's second birthday is coming up in August and we haven't even thought about a part yet. Definitely need to get on that.

Thanks! Yeah this gap will be roughly 17 months, which isn't terrible... same gap as my sister and me. Dd#1 and dd#2 are just shy of 3 years apart.

So frustrated. I threw up off and on (it was the worst weeks 6-8 or 9) until about two weeks ago. Have not had much more than teensy nausea and loss of appetite until tonight when I threw up :( I had drank some lemonade with dinner so now my throat burns and I'm annoyed because I thought ms was gone by now. Hope it stays away now and just got me one last time

Hiya everyone. .

So much to catch up on.. not been around as had my phone stolen last Sat so had no way of getting online.

Congrats to those who have found out gender.. I have my scan in an hour and half..

Greats - I had an anterior placenta with my last baby and felt movement around 21 weeks.

I've had the worst week ever.. me and OH had huge rows last weekend which carried through til Wed.. we split up he disappeared for 2 days, I don't remember the last time I've cried so much I thought this was it for us. I have been stressing and panicking about becoming a single mum to 5 children.. we have sorted it last couple of days and are working through our issues so that's great but I'm so worried and nervous for this private scan today.

All my symptoms have gone this last week no sickness no sore boobs, haven't felt baby move since Sunday, I'm terrified all the stress has caused something to happen and I've worried myself so much since last night over it I feel quite nauseous today. I dreamt last night I got to my gender scan and there was no heartbeat :cry: I kmow I'm probably over worrying and I'm just feeling better because I'm out of first tri, but I'll just be glad to see baby and everything ok then I can stop stressing about it.

Anyway I best get ready need to set off soon. I will update when I get back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->