January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

TTC- i am at loss and feel so very very sad for you. Please, if there is anything we can do let us know. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, i am sending you lots of love and hugs. Please take care of yourself.

chitown28- i hear you, i#ll take being fat and bloated over risking anything. I had a loss too before, so i am always worried about something going wrong. I'll lose all my weight after hopefully.

AliJo- congrats on team blue :)

Literati_Love- i just feel huge and my face feels so round too.

Momtastic101- funny about the stubborness but main thing is baby is healthy and active. Hope you find out soon x

Midnight_Fairy- not on fb, but i am on instagram and twitter x

TTC I'm so very sorry for your loss of Theo. Huge hugs to you at this hard time. Take care of yourself xx

Sorry I haven't been on in ages ladies. Had such a hectic couple of weeks with family celebrations I just haven't known whether I'm coming or going at times

We also had our 20 week scan yesterday and also found out we're having a boy. I had said from day 1 that I was sure this was a boy and was glad to prove my mummy instincts were right as everyone else has been saying girl. I'm hoping he will be a more acceptable birth weight like his sister though and not like his 8lb10 brother! I'm a shortie too at 5ft so I looked like I was carrying twins at the end of my 1st pregnancy!

I'm so so so sorry for TTCbabyG. :(

I had my 18 week appt today. Heard the heartbeat. Took my early glucose screening. Have to wait now for the results.

Some other ladies were mentioning their height...I'm 5'2" and was 106 lbs before preg. This belly is out there. Gained 14 lbs so far. I've already reached that point where I kind of hate being pregnant just because I hate feeling like it's so obvious and feeling like I'm on display. I don't like discussing my pregnancy and body with other people, but of course being pregnant all of a sudden seems to make it socially acceptable to openly comment on another person's body and I HATE THAT. "Oh you've really popped" ---- um...yeah? thanks? I just don't like how social rules seem to go out the window around pregnant women.

Anyway. Enough griping. I'm happy and thankful to be pregnant and all. Just don't like certain aspects.

Slammer, I was just griping about that to my husband! How before I was pregnant nobody asked about doctors appointments and my body and whatnot. People ask all sorts of things and even my own family touching my belly wigs me out. I'm a really private person so that doesn't help.

My anatomy scan is in 4 days! I'm mostly nervous about her heart because my husband was born with heart problems and they didn't think he would make it. It's apparently not genetic but still has me on edge.

WDW - Congrats on another boy! I think boys are definitely in the lead now. My first son was 8lb 1oz so not horrible, but I'm afraid this one will be bigger. I'm 5'3", but I held him really well. Hoping the same with this one! Are you planning on having more children or is this your last?

Slammer - Someone at work didn't know I was pregnant (it's not a secret at all so..) and thought I was just getting fat. Right after my stepmom was saying I didn't look like I gained much. That's what I hate! I'm already self conscious about my body and that surely didn't help.

Vrogers - That is a little scary. I'm glad it isn't genetic, but still! At least these days they usually catch it before baby is born and they're prepared the moment they come out! One of my younger cousins was born with some serious heart problems. She's been fighting her whole life due to it, but she's the strongest little fighter I know!

I thought I didn't have any spending money to use on buying baby things at the moment. We have plenty, but we're saving for a house. I totally forget I have a 100 dollar gift card from graduation! I was going to use to get a new Fitbit because mine broke. Buying baby things right now seems way more fun! I'm looking at getting some new outfits. Especially newborn because we don't have but maybe a couple. I just want a handful to get us through that first week or two.. as long as this baby isn't much bigger than DS1. (So weird having to put a 1!!) Also since we know it's a boy I've been really looking for names to add to the list. A list didn't work for DS1. Instead he got named when DH first saw him. It just fit him. I don't expect that to happen again.

Ali this is definitely our last. Hubby was never really bothered about having 1 child so I've done well to get 3 out of him lol

For the FTMs, how many kids are you hoping to have? And have you already thought about age gaps? We want three. And we want a two year gap on between each. So in the summer of 2018 we will go in for another embryo transfer and that will give a little over two years

WDW - Great job!! DH was an only child so he feels having a large family would be a nice change.

Froggy - Obviously not a FTM, but a 2 year age gap is what we are aiming for each time. Mainly because they really suggest giving your body 18 months to recover. I also wouldn't want much younger than two. DS1 is getting more independent and helpful which I think will help when baby arrives.

I'm not sure if we'll even try for another. It was such a long journey for us. I'm reluctant to do ivf again and I only have one frozen embryo left... maybe we'll try with that one in a couple of years, but not a full cycle. You never know, I might be able to conceive naturally next time (well, probably not...)

I'm exhausted... really want to sleep but dh comes home from a work trip at midnight and it's his birthday tomorrow. I'm about to cut half a watermelon into a birthday "cake" for him. :)

so many boys!!! Congrats wdwjess

froggy- I was always hoping for 2, but I'm 37 DH 43 I think after all of the losses and IF struggles we have had I think unfortunately we will be one and done.

I had my 1 hour GTT test yesterday morning. I haven't heard anything back yet or see anything online. I am hoping no news is good news.

Froggy- my dh originally said two (which is good with me) but has recently said maybe this would be our only one for financial reasons (he stresses about money often and easily) but if we had a second I would like maybe a 2 year age gap!

TTC - Oh no. Oh I'm so sorry. I'm heart broken for you and don't know what to say. :hugs:

Midnight - I'm on FB. We have a January group on FB that was started awhile ago, but quieted down quite a bit. Would be nice if we got it going again I think.

WDWJess - Congrats on team blue! That's great.

Slammer - now that I'm starting back to work everyone is all "oh you've got such a cute belly" and touchign it all the time. A handful of people knew early on because of my complications so I know they know, it's just the social rules that bother me....like you said, why is it okay for people to say anything they want or touch me whenever htey want just because I'm pregnant? :dohh:

Froggy - This is my first, and since I'm already 31, I don't want to wait too long before we have another. We have discussed 2, possibly 3. We've actually talked seriously about 2 of our own and then fostering and/or adoption. There are so many kids out there that need good homes, and in my classrooms i've seen a lot of foster kids who get the crappy end of the deal with crappy foster parents so it's a tender place for me. Not sure when we'll start trying again, but I don't want to be over 35 and add those high risks too so hopefully when this one is a year and a half or so we'll start TTC#2. It took us 14 months to get pregnant this time, but part of that involved 2 CPs due to low progesterone. Now that we know that could be an issue again, we think it might not take as long next time.

AFM - my anatomy scan is today. The imaging place called and they have a tech out today so they suggested I Could reschedule or go to their other lab. I didn't want to reschedule since DH took the afternoon off (and he really struggles with getting afternoons off since they work all over the state and take a work van there, so if he leaves early either he has to drive himself or the whole team has to come back early). So they're sending me to the other lab and bumped the appointment 30 minutes sooner. They were so sweet and accommodating, which I appreciate, and very apologetic that they had to move me but the other lab is no further than the first one, just in the opposite direction so I don't mind either way.

I'm so nervous that something will be wrong, and anxious to find out whether this is a boy or girl! And of course nervous that he/she will be too stubborn to let us find out! At which point DH promised me we'd book a private scan if we have to (even though he'd be perfectly happy staying team Yellow).

Newbie - That's completely understandable. My DH is an only child because he was conceived late. He was really a miracle. They started trying when she was 18 and stopped actively trying after nothing ever happened for years. She found out she was pregnant when she was 32 when she was about 4-5 months pregnant. She never even thought she could be because she never got pregnant all those years. She was never on any kind of birth control.

Angel - Best of luck!! I'm eager to hear your update! (FX for good news of course) I'm glad they worked with you. I had to drive back a day after one of my appointments because my OB messed up my first 1 hour glucose test. :dohh: I of course wasn't upset. I was when I first found out because the way they told me was worded to make me feel like I failed it. I called back later to get my numbers (confused as why they didn't set up a 3 hour) and they told me the blood didn't make it to lab in time.

I made my first purchases! I'm actually thinking about going through DS1 clothes soon. It might be early, but I know I was kind of low on pants and what not for the early months. I need to see what I need to stock up on. I think we have a coming home outfit as long as nothing else grabs my attention.

Hey all.

Ooo can I join FB group? I am also on instagram.

This is definitly my last (I said that last time!) But I struggle with 3 let alone 5. We have a nice mix but would like another boy.

The boys are catching up to the girls!

Had a mw app today...we were nearly 1.5 hrs ! Opps.

Will read back properly soon. My 3yr old is STILL awake.

This one is definitely our last! Don't mind gender, but sure this one is a boy :)

WDWJess- congrats on team blue :)

froggyfrog- i'd like to have two children, about 2-3 years apart and like angel said, i would love to adopt one also, as feel there are too many kids without a stable home. However if i had two kids of the same gender, i think i'd be tempted to have one more to see if i can get at least one boy and one girl. I;m 26, but would quite like to do al the pregnancy stuff by the time im 30. My hubby would like about 6 kids i think!

Ally - I would like to be done having children by 30 as well.. but we may go a year over. I had my first when I was 23 almost 24 and I didn't feel that was early enough! I did want to start sooner, but didn't work out that way.

I had planned on being down by 30 as well, but life had different plans for us lol. We have 5 girls and 2 more boys frozen and if we were millionaires I would LOVE to have all of them. I have always wanted a lot of kids, but wouldnt find it fair to have more than we can afford and force them to go without. We will be using all of our baby stuff over and over for each one, just will need new clothes for a girl so I'm not worried about them costing too much as babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->