• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*January baby's* *7 baby's born*

if you do have a sweep can you tell me what its like?! will the book you in for an induction if you do last that long?

Yeah, I've been told that I'll need two sweeps, one on Friday, the other on Monday and even if they aren't successful, they could make an induced labour less painful. I think I'll be booked in for an induction on the 12th, but I kinda want to resist an induction 'cos I don't like that it'll be more painful :/

if you do have a sweep can you tell me what its like?! will the book you in for an induction if you do last that long?

Mememe, I can tell you what a sweeps like :p I had two with my daughter. Everyone finds it different, so you're experience of them could be completely different to mine but I found it incredibly uncomfortable. It brought tears to my eyes, and I cried a little. But it's 100% worth it to give you that extra chance of having bubba before having to be induced. I had my second scan when I was 9 days overdue, and my daughter FINALLY decided to make an appearance at 11 days overdue. I was booked in to be induced at 12 days overdue.. so she was cutting it rather fine :dohh:

So basically, sweeps, I found very uncomfortable. It feels really... pressure? if that makes sense. But I'd say it was worth it to give your body that extra encouragement. Remember it'll only last for a few minutes, so just focus on your breathing and you'll get through it no problems. I'd definately have a sweep again if I go overdue this time.

xoxox

How do they do it?! i had an internal at 35 weeks where they use that thing that they use when they do a smear test and that was horrible made me cry ahha. Is it anything like that...

Im so disconbobulated.

Laura i really hope the sweep works for you :)

They don't use any instrument, well I'm pretty sure they don't. This is what happened for me. The midwife got me to lay on the bed, put my feet right upto my bum, legs open so basically you're spread eagle and wide (TMI maybe.. lol, but better you know what to expect) Then they'll put a glove on and some lube type stuff, and reach high up inside you, use their fingers to wipe around your cervix, loosen the membranes, (forgive me if i'm getting body parts wrong!.. sleep deprived today) and then you're all done :)

xoxox

Thanks :) not tmi i needed to know dont want any false expectations.

Any of us January ladies have our LO's yet

:shrug: Haven't seen anyone pop up that I've noticed.. seems like the trend for January babies is 'overdue' Let's hope that soon fixes itself, I'd rather not go overdue again :haha:

xoxox

Mehhhhh. I think I'm gonna go with the sweep tomorrow as I've still had no signs and any pains I did have are gone again :/ I don't want to though >:|

Awh go for it hun!! You'll kick yourself if you don't and then end up having to be induced. At least if you bite the bullet and take the sweep, you're giving your body that extra chance to go into labour by itself :) I won't lie, it's not a pleasant experience, but be assured, it only takes a couple of minutes. Just focus your mind on something else, your breathing etc, and it'll be over before you know it. :thumbup: Good luck!

xoxox

Thanks Lor. I really didn't want to have one at first, but the longer I go on the more I'm in favour of it. (Still hoping to go into labour before my appointment though :p)

Also, the second sweep will be on Monday the 10th, sooo I may get to steal Emmy's 11.1.11 ;) :p

Also, here's an overdue photo from myself (40+5)

https://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q73/Dudette2k7/Bumps/PICT0002-6.jpg

:) No worries. I know how scary it is, and how much you do NOT want some midwife shoving their fingers up your 'hoo-ha' :haha: BUT, having been through it, and completely dreading it, but still going on to have another because I was SO against having an induction... it's your best chance of giving little one a bit of encouragement to get a wriggle on. And definately worth those few minutes of discomfort, if it's giving you that extra chance of going into labour naturally :)

xoxox

Also, here's an overdue photo from myself (40+5)

https://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q73/Dudette2k7/Bumps/PICT0002-6.jpg

Lovely bumppp!! :D C'mon little one, mummy's got as big as she wants to get, time to get your wriggle on!

xoxox

:dust: LauraBee, Cant believe were both overdue..

:dust: LauraBee, Cant believe were both overdue..

I totally saw this happening :/ The closer I got to my due date, the less I thought I'd be on time, but I really thought you were gonna get in there and steal my New Year birth :wacko:

I really thought i was going to have her early, i so didn't see myself being 4 days overdue /cry. Hopefully our LO's make their appearance soon :hugs:

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Lots of labour dust for you Tanara and LauraBee. Fingers crossed your little ones get a wriggle on!!

Can't wait to see who's going to be first out of our January babies!! They're all taking their time though... :coffee:

xoxox

If you two keep your little ones in any longer then i might give birth before you and i could have the first jan baby. Good luck hope they come soon....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->