January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

Beautiful scan, buny!!! Perfect little blob!

Here I am trying to overanalyze (as usual) and Natalie is bringing me back to earth. It's just so hard not to think too much and worry and wonder.

First scan is one week from today! Almost on the dot. Now 9:30 and appointment is at 10 next Friday! I can't wait to see our little peanut!!!!! And hopefully be able to hear the heartbeat! With good numbers and having made it past my second loss day with no problems, DH is starting to get excited. I think he will be thrilled once we hear the heartbeat, as we have never reached that milestone. Can't believe I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow!

I would say the symptom that is hitting me hardest right now is fatigue. I am absolutely exhausted no matter how much I sleep. How is everyone else?

kdmalk- Thanks, girl. I feel ya on the fatigue. I'm also having it hardcore, plus having a hard time falling asleep at night and staying asleep, so I feel like I'm in a constant daze. Poor DH is up all night with me tossing and turning.

I'm 5+1 today, so officially in my 6th week. That's farther than I got with either of my chemicals, so I'm starting to get excited- and baby is definitely in the right place, so that bypasses the whole ectopic worry. I think if I can make it past 10 weeks, I will finally be able to relax. My 6+4 ultrasound is a week and a half from now. I can't wait to see the heartbeat. <3

What's everyone up to today? I'm off to a painting class tonight down in Denver. I'm going to be grabbing a hotel after. Hopefully having a quiet room with a bed to myself will get me a little sleep tonight. Who knows. :shrug:

Beta value finally came back - 3,278! I was at 102 at 3w5d and now 3,278 at 4w5d so definitely feeling much better. Will get blood work done at my pre-ob visit on May 28th and then first u/s and ob visit on June 25th (ugh so far from now!)

The fatigue is definitely present for me too now. Hits around 3 PM, but then can't seem to sleep well at night. Doesn't help that I have caught DD's massive cold, so hopefully that ends soon.

Cannot wait to live vicariously through all of your scans in the meantime.

Happy Friday.

ugh today is my cheat day. I've not been eating very well, been too lazy to make myself something, and just the thought of eating what is in my fridge makes me sick.

Happy Friday everyone

Congrats, Sammy! That's an awesome beta! Sorry you're not feeling well though. Colds always seem to have the worst possible timing, huh? I hope you're able to get some better sleep tonight. The insomnia sucks, and I'm right there with ya.

LockandKey- Maybe snack on some crackers or something you don't have to prepare? I haven't eaten today either. Just don't want to even have to look in the fridge. Definitely don't want to have to cook anything... :sick: I'm going out of town tonight, so I'm going to have to get up off my rear and get DH's dinner for tonight and lunch for tomorrow made and I am not looking forward to it. You have any fun plans for the weekend?

It's Mother's Day Weekend, so my mom is coming to visit us for the weekend, and we will celebrate DD's birthday while she's here since we can't make it up to NY at the end of the month. DH will be working on gutting and replacing the shower in our master bathroom. I hope he does tile instead of vinyl, and I'm trying to talk him into glass sliding doors to replace that pesky shower curtain.

Today is my cardio day, so I will be heading to the gym here soon too. Maybe work on some artwork before I go. Haha, it's really never a dull moment here :haha:

LockandKey- That sounds lovely! What are ya'll going to do to celebrate? Go DH for doing the remodeling himself. It's great to be married to a handy guy, huh? Mine is the same way. Have fun at the gym. Today is my day off from exercise, so maybe do a little extra for me? :winkwink:

Buny – congrats on the great u/s! Sammy – glad to hear your betas are rising nicely. :)

I got my first blood draw done yesterday and beta was 4278. Getting it done again on Sunday (my birthday!) so hoping and praying for a good increase.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Hi all!

I am very tentatively joining this group. I don't want to get too invested yet, still gun shy after my MC. Just hoping to make time pass quickly until the first tri is over.

I had an MMC at about 7 weeks last fall. I went in for a scan and all looked fine, baby was measuring about 7 weeks (a little small) and HB was 131. Then about 3 weeks later, in mid November, I started spotting, and I went in for a scan and we found the baby still measuring at 7 weeks, no HB. I had a D&C the Friday before Thanksgiving.

This is my first pregnancy since then, I have been on progesterone since about 3dpo for a short luteal phase. I did betas, 15 dpo was 90, 17dpo was 175, so my doc said everything looks ok as far as doubling.

My first appt will be June 4, which will be just over 8 weeks. Tentative due date is January 11.

So far I'm trying to stay calm and not think about things much. I won't get too invested at least until the first scan. After the first scan, I'll probably just be terrified until the second scan, because it was during that window that I lost the last baby. It would kill me to see another heartbeat and then lose the baby again, but I'm trying not to think about it.

I've been following along a bit in this thread so far, so I'm pretty much caught up with you all. Congrats to everyone!! Very excited to welcome our rainbows.

Hi ladies.

Welcome coucou.

I'm having a bit if a panic. I don't feel pregnant at all. I'm only 4+5. I can't remember if this is normal or not. I had some stabbing pains earlier too. I guess I'm just expecting the worst.

Sorry to be a bit of a downer. I just need to share these fears with people who understand. I don't think it's a generally scared after a miscarriage thing. Maybe it's intuition and I feel so sad. Thanks fpr listening.

Spud, don't panic!! I felt 100% myself at 4+5. If anything, maybe a bit tired. But that is about it. I bet all is well. Have you had betas? I can't remember. If not, perhaps call your doctor tomorrow to see if you can't get it done for reassurance. I wouldn't worry at all that you aren't really feeling symptoms at this point. Don't let it bring you down!!! Try to stay positive!

Hey girls. I'm really panicking today. My nausea went away yesterday morning and never came back, so I thought I'd POAS to reassure myself that everything is fine. Well, the test line is now lighter than the control. When I had my beta the other day it was much darker, so now I am just in an absolute panic. All of my symptoms are a lot less... and I'm hungry again and my fatigue is going away. This is exactly how it felt when I had my CP last year. I don't know what I am going to do if I lose another baby.

Hi ladies, can I join please?

I have 2 DS's aged 4 and 2, and I turned 40 a few days ago. I had an ovarian ectopic pregnancy in January this year. I had keyhole surgery and 4 pints blood transfusion, and they had to remove my right ovary.

I thought, given my age and fact that I now only have 1 ovary, I was unlikely to conceive again... I was wrong! :happydance: I got my BFP on 4th May and I think my due date will be around 5th January 2016.

I'm so nervous! I have an early scan booked for 22nd May.

Wishing all you ladies a H&H 9 months x

Spud, don't panic!! I felt 100% myself at 4+5. If anything, maybe a bit tired. But that is about it. I bet all is well. Have you had betas? I can't remember. If not, perhaps call your doctor tomorrow to see if you can't get it done for reassurance. I wouldn't worry at all that you aren't really feeling symptoms at this point. Don't let it bring you down!!! Try to stay positive!

Thanks KD. I just remember my stomach humming all the time previously. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Buny Huny - Did you test at a different time of day? Perhaps you had been drinking alot of water and your urine was diluted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. it's so hard not to be so nervous during the first trimester.

Everything - welcome. Congratulations on your bfp. Especially since you only have one ovary.

AFm - still feeling like there is nothing going on in my stomach.
Beta came back from thursday 7th at 880 (guestimate 4+2). I did a clearblue digi this morning on Monday 11th (guestimate 4+6) and got 2-3 weeks. i know I shouldnt touch those things but it's easier said than done but if my hcg was doubling then shouldn't I be in the 3+ weeks range. (I know 4+6 is 2-3 weeks still but according to clearblue a 3+ is over 2000)
I could go back in to have my hcg tested again but I don't know if I will. it's not something they normally do here.
it was so much easier being pregnant with my daughter. I didn't overanalyse every symptom or lack of symptoms. I can't even think straight to work today.

Bunyhuny - how are you feeling today?

Buny- could definitely be water intake. My other thought is this. My close friend texted me in a panic one day because her test line was lighter than control suddenly. She had had a beta done and everything was doubling just fine, but she wanted to check. After looking at her photo, I noticed that she was reading it backwards. The test line was so dark it had eaten some dye from the control line because it needed more! When she looked again and realized I was right, she felt so much better. She just assumed the light one was the test line. Is it possible you have the same situation? about the symptoms, my other friend is currently 14 weeks after 2 mcs and was telling me that she had good days and bad days between 5 and 6 weeks. She would feel awful one day and then alright for a few days, and then awful again. Symptoms change, so don't panic. You had a scan right on target, so I'm sure everything is fine in there.

Welcome, Xd! I'll get you added to the front page.

Spud, your hcg can slow over 1200 to a 3-4 day doubling time, so it's alright if you aren't quite at 2000 yet. But you are right that you shouldn't touch those things. I had a decent doubling time, so I am refusing to touch any tests. I know it will make me worry more. I am just focusing on making it to my first appointment!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! My husband surprised me with a pregnancy pillow because I have been complaining that my boobs are smushing together at night and really hurting. This pillow wraps all the way around and I have plans to sleep with it between my boobs to relieve some pressure. :haha: oh the troubles of pregnancy! I cannot believe I just typed that. Lol.

Ugh, Monday tomorrow. I'm so tired!!! But I just have to make it to Friday before we get to see little peanut for the first time! Focusing on that! I have lots of meetings this week, so I hope that will make the week go faster.

Hello everyone. So after the test, I (TMI) started having really weird mucous-like discharge with weird red looking fibers in it. Combined with everything else, DH was worried and took me to the ER. They said at first they thought it could be an infection, but by the time we left they said they had no clue. They can't see where the blood is coming from have no idea what the mucous was. They did do a pap, and thankfully there is no infection. Also found out they told me the wring measurement the other day for the gestational sac. It was 4+6 like they said, but it was 4mm, not 8mm. Today it measured 5+2 and actually was 8mm, and they could see the yolk sac (not clearly yet, but they are sure they see it) and the tech said she thinks she can see the baby. They did another beta and hCG went from about 2100 three days ago to about 4500 today (doubling time of 68.5 hours). So everything is okay. So I'm done with the whole POAS thing for the foreseeable future. I go back in a few days for one more beta.

DH and I just left the hospital and are heading to dinner, so I'll have to catch up on everyone else's posts when I get home. I hope everyone has had a calm and easy mother's day. <3

Bunyhuny - I'm so glad that everything is alright. It must be a huge relief and I hope that you enjoy your dinner tonight.

AFM - this afternoon I feel something in my stomach again but not much. I'm just going to try to breath in and out and relax. It's the whole wait and see thing that I have trouble with. I keep telling myself if I miscarry then we have to start trying again and time just keeps ticking along and along. Another friend told me last Tuesday that she is 9 weeks pregnant. It would have hurt if I didn't have my bfp Saturday before that. She only started trying for no2 two to three cycles ago.

Come on babies...stick and be healthy.

Glad everything is looking good, buny! Yes, no more poas!

Spud, I totally feel you. In the period between my first mc and this current bfp, all but one of my closest friends became pregnant. I was an emotional wreck, which is not like me at all. Ttc makes you so weird. I'm sure you have a sticky baby! Not to worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"