January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

Awww Buny so glad everything is okay! :hugs: I had a POAS scare the other week too when test line was lighter than one I'd peed on the day before. Pretty sure my pee was just more diluted, but DH had enough and took my internet cheapies away - he said he was going to burn them, LOL. I hope you have a lovely dinner with your DH.

Spud I'm sure everything is fine, symptoms come and go. I'm finding that after my loss my instincts are way off and not necessarily to be trusted. I had such a bad "gut feeling" that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant again after my loss that I couldn't shake no matter how many doctors told me otherwise. Clearly my gut was confused because I got pregnant again on our first cycle trying...I still don't think it has fully sunk in! After a loss I think it's easy to mistake grief and fear for a gut feeling that something is wrong.

Welcome and congrats coucou and Everything!

I got my hcg results back: 4278 Thursday at 12:40 PM, 9727 today at 8:50 AM so my numbers look to be on track so far. :dance: It is my birthday today, so that's the best present I could ask for.

Buny I'm glad your hcg is still doubling despite the hpt scare, and yay for a scan showing everything is OK. Being pregnant after a loss(es) is such a mind game.

Spud I hope everything turns out fine for you too :hugs:

Welcome everything!

I've not been posting much cause I'm in such limbo myself I don't want to get too attached to groups if I'm just going to have to leave them all again soon...
I didn't get good results from my betas last week (I had 1 on Sunday, Friday, and Tuesday) as all three results came back at 115. I have mild symptoms that come and go and hpts that haven't darkened yet at all (just using internet cheapies). I'm surprisingly calm about it - hoping for the best of course but prepared for the worst. I'll be getting another blood draw this week from a different lab (just in case 3 identical readings was a lab error) and then having a scan next Monday.

Glad you popped in, Nat! Good luck! I hope this is it for you! You need some good news!

Yay, Fit!!!!! When is your first scan?

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday Fit Mama!

Thanks for the birthday greetings ladies!

NDH I really hope you get good news and that your little baby is sticky. :hugs:

kdmalk my first scan is May 21st, when I'll be 7 weeks 2 days.

Everything- Welcome, hun. <3 Congrats on your pregnancy! I had an ectopic last year and lost my left tube. That surgery is no fun to go through at all. I hope your recovery wasn't too bad. How long did you have to stay in the hospital? I had terrible shoulder pain after mine for a couple days, but they released me pretty quickly. The amount of painkillers they injected into the couple days I was there, though... phew! Anyway...! I hope you have an awesome scan in a couple weeks!

Spudtastic- Pregnancy after miscarriage can definitely be, I dunno, terrifying? sometimes. was so scared yesterday and today with my symptoms disappearing. But, yeah, the lack of symptoms doesn't mean anything apparently, as I found out today. :doh: You had a way higher beta than my initial one, so that seems like a great sign and like everything is right on track. I think at 4+2 they like to see it at 200 or over, so your 880 amazing. And kdmalk is right, your doubling time slows down once you get over 1200-ish. Mine has gone from 32 hours to 68 hours and they said it's doing exactly what it should and is still on the higher/faster than average side. I'm not going to tell you to relax, because that advice totally did not work for me today in the slightest, but I am going to tell you that a 2-3 week bfp sounds about right for where you are right now. So how about we join together to put the hpt's down and back away slowly. They are not doing either of us any favors today!!

kdmalk- Thanks for the support today. I really appreciate it. I'm going to stop poas now, I think. I didn't really know how much symptoms could come and go. The doctors filled me in today, so thank you for telling me about your friend. It's great to hear from the doctors that something is "normal" but it's ever better to hear of it actually happening to someone else and things being fine. Thank you for that. <3

coucou11- Hey lady. Congrats on the bfp. I hope that things are MUCH smoother sailing this time around and that the first trimester goes absolutely smoothly. Are you doing progesterone injections or suppositories? I'm on the sups, and those things are so icky. I'll be on them until 16 weeks since I did IVF. How long will you be on progesterone for?

Fit_Mama2Be- Congrats on your awesome beta numbers. Those sound great! Also- Happy Birthday!! Did you get to go out today and celebrate? Or were the betas celebration enough? ;) Thanks, for the words of encouragement. Yeah, DH is taking away my hpts. Apparently, my gut feelings are totally off, too. I don't think I can trust anything I think about being pregnant anymore. :doh: Dinner was great. It was really nice to have a good meal after today's scare.

NDH- I'm glad you're going to go to a different lab for your next draw. Those three 115's seem really fishy to me... How are you feeling? I have my next scan on Monday as well. It will be heartbeat day here. Hopefully I can make it until then without freaking out again. I wish I had the calm and serenity you have.

Thank you fitmama and hunybuny for your straight talking. I definitely got into a PAL flap. I hope they don't occur too often. Yep hunybuny lets stop testing. I have to admit I did a frer this afternoon and the control line was incredibly light so I feel much better. Fitmama - I hope you had a good birthday.

Ndh - it seems very wierd your hcg is 115 all the time. I hope you find that every thing is ok.

I am so thankful for this group. PAL is tough.

Hi ladies,
Another one who doesn't post much incase it's not good news, I'm currently 5+6 but panicked because then bloody CB digitals still say 2-3 grr, I know I shold step away... I've also had two tiny spot bleeds, literally pin head sized, nothing since, I had a scan booked for the 26th but Epu have moved it to 20th as Ive had a previous ectopic n mmc.. Ohh it's all such a worry :wacko: x

I'm sorry you're having a hard time too Emma :(

Why can't these babies cooperate and give us lots of regular symptoms (but not so many we're miserable) with no bleeding and perfectly doubling betas? Don't they know how ,much stress they're causing us???

I hope we all have sticky babies who are here for the long haul.

My first would be due date is coming up next month (34 days) and it would be so nice to have good news to share on that day to lessen the blow a bit...

So I made us a really terrible banner. Totally not what I had in mind, but it is something. If anyone wants to change the name or make a different banner, I am all for it.

Do we want to change the name? I know we have at least two that are in the southern hemisphere and have summer in January! I liked Natalie's idea of doing "January Joys" but I don't know how to make that a banner! Any other ideas? Anyone talented in banners? I messed around on the internet until I made this, but I wanted something flashier! lol

Emma - welcome. I hope everything is ok. These scans can't come soon enough.

Ndh - due dates are soo hard aren't they. I had one in march and another coming in june. I want this bean to be well and truly sticky by june :)

Kd - I think the banner is great. I think we should keep January blizzards because we're on page 8 now so I think the name is meant to be :)
Where would I find the banner?

Though I'm very reluctant to put a banner up until after 12 weeks.

Wow this thread moves so fast! I can't keep up :)

Happy belated bday Fit Mama!

Buny - so glad the scan went well and the scare turned out to be just a scare. I have read that the pregnancy tests are not good indicators - the dye can run differently or as Kylee said your urine could be diluted, so it's not a good way to judge how pregnant you are. Of course, I'm still planning to take a digi this week so ... haha! I am doing progesterone suppositories, I agree they are the worst. I don't know how long I will be on them, will find out at my first appointment.

Emma and Spud - hope you guys feel better soon! It is definitely very stressful, I am trying my best to just forget about things. Which is slightly easier today since I am home with my daughter who has pink eye (BLECH).

Nat I hope all goes well with the testing and appts this week (if you are abel to get in). Would be great for you to have some good news!

Kylee I love the banner! I am terrible at that stuff so I leave it to more capable hands. I like both name ideas but will see if I can think of any other ideas.

Everything - welcome!

Alright gotta get back to running after my daughter. Talk to you all soon!

kdmalk- I used to be able to make sparkle banners. I'll see if I can dig up the instructions for packaging a gif again and if I can figure it out I will make a sparkly one. :flow: Not making any promises though!

Ye Thanks ladies , I'm just willing next Wednesday to hurry up, it's my littlest 3rd birthday tomorrow so plan on having a lovely day for him, I'm currently suffering awful nausea ( secretly pleased ) xx

Bunyhuny - I had the op really late on 3rd May, it was early hours of 4th when I came out of theatre. I then stayed in hospital one more night, and discharged the next day so not too bad. I remember being physically completely better after just one week and thinking that I wanted to be in pain because I still hurt emotionally.

I'm glad to hear things seem to be progressing well for you now after your scare hun x

Emma - hope your LO has a lovely party tomorrow! x

I did another CB Digital this morning and got a beautiful 3+ :thumbup: That has given me some hope because I don't think I can be much more than 5 weeks pregnant. I don't want to get my hopes up though because I know it can all suddenly change.

Have any of you ladies told anyone yet? Other than partners? I told some family and friends quite early with both of my boys but I daren't this time in case I jinx things. I'm finding it pretty hard though because I am a "talker."

Eek - you step away for a few days and...!! In general, glad to hear things are going well for many of you and fx for those of you going through a few questionable days right now. It really is hard not to become anxious from every ache and spot! First visit still seems so long away (2 weeks from Thursday), so trying not to look to deeply into anything going on with me (or not).

Tried to stay off the computer and enjoy the beautiful weather we were having here this past weekend.

I have told one co-worker/friend, one friend, and my sister. If I had another MC, I could have told them anyways so at least I get to enjoy the positive/hopeful talk with them right now!

Hello - another one who is terrified to actually say I'm here. One minute I'm positive :) the next minute I'm thinking that's it :(

Congrats to everyone and fingers crossed for all.

I worked out my DD to be 11 January. Found out on the 1 May.

Have done HCGs which are:

1 May = 32
4 May = 130
7 May = 470
11 May = 2050

So these are all doing what they are meant to be doing within the correct time frame etc but I can't help comparing them to previous ones which rose a lot faster.

I guess I should add I'm 43 !! I've had several miscarriages. The last one was February last year when I reached 12 weeks. But am a lucky mum of 5 children.

Welcome 5mum - I hope this is lucky #6 for you

Everything such good news about 3+! We have not told a soul in real life yet about this pregnancy (other than Drs of course lol). Hoping for good news from a scan before we tell parents. 2/3 of my recent pregnancies we told our families after bub was already gone before we knew so I definitely want to make sure there's good news to tell first.

I have my first scan booked 1:50pm on the 18th. I'm so so nervous about it as I have gotten bad news at my first scan with my most recent pregnancies (2/3 of them, the third ended before a scan) and I had such low hcg last week I'm worried about another bad news scan. If there's a sac measuring 6+ weeks I'll be relieved enough to tell my parents; if there's a sac measuring less than 6 weeks I'll wait for a follow up scan in a week to say anything. If it looks good, then I'll try to get another scan before June 15 which would have been my due date so I can announce that day.
I keep waffling back and forth between feeling despair and hope about this pregnancy, but today my nausea has kicked up a notch (still very mild but more than I usually experience) and I'm feeling a fullness to my uterus which is about when I am usually really aware that there is something inhabiting it. So definitely good signs I think. I can hold out hope til Monday if I stop loading and getting freaked out about not darkening hpts. Pretty sure they're just crap ones that aren't going to darken and I can't bring myself to spend money on a frer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->