January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

I'll add the link for the awful banner on the front page. We can use that until something better comes along. lol

Congrats 5mum! We share a due date :) Beautiful numbers!

We have not told anyone either, and won't be until at least 12 weeks. I have already been thinking about how fun it will be to tell everyone and get all excited again, which is getting way ahead of myself. The hard one will be my best friend, who always asks and who has known everything about our journey. I may tell her just because I would tell her about another MC anyway.

Emma that's great about the nausea (ha!) I would love to have having some myself. I'm only 5 weeks so maybe it just won't start until later.

Nat glad to hear about the symptoms!! That's great news. Remember, today you are pregnant! Hoping for good results next Monday.

Everything, congrats on the digi! I think I will take one later this week. Was it someone on this threat who mentioned requestatest? I just went there and hcg tests are only $39! I am sooooooo tempted....

coucou11- At least we get to be all icky together. :dohh: haha

EverythingXd- That's not a bad stay at all, and what a fast healing time! Yeah, the mental recovery from an ectopic is not fun at all. Honestly, the physical pain didn't make it any easier to deal with the emotional pain. I have slight allergies to the stuff the stitch you up with, and there's not really a good alternative, so I had awful pain in my incisions for about a month.

We haven't told any family or friends yet about this bfp, though I've definitely told a few strangers and some folks at a couple of our favorite restaurants so they know not to bring me my favorite drinks or anything. I think we're going to wait until I'm off all of my meds to tell people about the baby, so that will be my 17th week.

5mum5- I charted out your numbers on the beta rise chart and they look phenomenal! Very high and rising great! Well above average. :happydance:

AFM- I'm feeling really good about things right now. The u/s and beta on Sunday were very reassuring. I go in tomorrow for my final beta. HB u/s is on Monday. Today I spent the morning looking up all the different pediatricians in the area and scheduled a consult with one of them for the week after I get off the last of my meds, so if all goes well, DH and I will go have a chat with him during my 17th week on July 27. The pediatrician only takes a limited number of patients and is pretty in demand, so I figured I should book the initial meet and greet far enough out to make sure we get in. I have never booked a pediatric intake with any of my other pregnancies, so I take my comfort in doing so as a very good sign! The only downside is the pediatrician is out of network, but DH and I are willing to foot more of the bill if it means getting the best care for our LO.

coucou11- That was me who mentioned requestatest. They do have amazing prices, don't they? I've used them several times and can vouch for their awesomeness.

I'm a little spoiled because I can get betas whenever I want for free. I work at a hospital. I have managed to resist this pregnancy because it is a VERY SMALL hospital and everyone knows everything about everyone, so I have had all my tests done at my OB's office about an hour away (but only 15 mins away from my house, as I don't live in the town I work in). The only thing about working at such a small hospital is that we don't have any ultrasound machines here (we don't do babies--we leave that to the other two large hospitals in town), so I don't get a secret peek at little peanut. Boo.

We have told a few friends, but no family (aside from my brother, but I don't count him because he can keep his trap shut). I think we will probably tell parents after our first ultrasound. We have never had a baby measure on target before, so if baby is measuring around 6+6 when I go in on Friday, we will probably tell parents and I will tell my cousins. The general announcement will be on our anniversary when I will be just shy of 14 weeks.

I didn't have to pee in the middle of the night last night, so I woke up feeling super negative and upset this morning. ....hormones. I have felt nauseous off and on all afternoon, so I am guessing everything is still alright in there. Still very nervous about Friday though. I don't think I'll be able to look at the screen until someone says, "there's the baby."

Hi Heather.
I'm excited to hear you are pregnant again. I remember you from the loss thread. I hope you have a h&h 9 months.
I agree about not feeling happy until after the 12 week scan. I found out at the 12 week scan. It was terrible seeing a formed baby with no heartbeat. In fact I'm terrified to go back to that place tomorrow. The bad memories are just flooding back at the mo.

I'm going to try to wait until after the scan to tell people. I'm hoping to not tell anyone even parents until then Unless I get really sick again then I suppose we'll tell the parents.

I hope morning sickness will come soon. I'mj ust getting scared about every symptom amd lack of.

My nausea is getting very strong in the evenings. I'm so happy :haha: it seems like a really good sign that my baby is OK - my concerns with this pregnancy were if my hcg was even rising at all, and therefore if a baby was even going to grow. Surely if the nausea has just started it means I've gotten through the biggest hurdle? Monday will be a much better indication and while I know I certainly won't be out of the woods, seeing a heartbeat - or even a 6 week sac and fetal pole - will be such a relief and I think I can get a bit excited from that point.

I've gone and bought myself this https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/225905625/soften-open-release-a-coloring-book-of as colouring can be quite therapeutic. I think it will go a long way to quelling my anxieties as they rise, and at the end of it I'll have some lovely birth affirmations to hang up in my birth space :)

Cool coloring book, Natalie. I like to color myself, so maybe I should get me one! Glad you are having symptoms!

Welcome, Heather. I was on the September board with you at one point. Sorry to hear about your loss. Mine was very early, so it was a bit easier for me to deal with than my first. I hope you don't have to go through another loss. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months for you!!!!!

Hey hunnies. I hope you're all having a lovely day. I had my final beta today and hCG came in at 10,293! Doubling time of 60 hours! Last time it doubled in 68 hours, so it actually got faster. So happy. <3

How's everyone feeling today? I'm still having major food aversion and my bb's are so incredibly sore. I got out my old bra from before I lost weight. It fits a little oddly, but at least it's not putting too much pressure on painful places. If all goes well at Monday's heartbeat scan, I think I'm going to go buy a maternity bra afterwards.

Great to hear buny. Sending you great thoughts for Monday's scan and cannot wait to hear!

The fatigue and nausea have hit semi hard here. Pretty toast by 2-3 PM, which is making it very difficult to stay productive at work. Constantly hungry, but often feel on the edge of vomiting. I usually work out at 5 AM (need to go before my husband leaves for work), but not sure how much longer that will last.

Although I take all those as positives that the hormone levels in my body are rising:)

Happy Thursday all.

Great news Buny, and good luck for your scan on Monday :flower:

NDH, I think you have a scan on Monday too? And Spudtastic today? If so, again hope the scans go great for you both!

I have sore boobs but no other symptoms. Well, I'm having mood swings and I'm hot at night so wake up several times but tbh that worries me because I was getting those 2 things badly in the run-up to my AF since my Ectopic, I looked it up and thought I may be progesterone deficient. Can progesterone levels be checked with a blood test?

Buny, I saw you are on blood thinners. Is that precautionary due to recurrent MC? I am also on them, due to blood-clotting disorders I have. I had injections through both previous pregnancies but came off them when DS was 6 weeks old... when he was 10 weeks old the whole of my right leg clotted :cry: They have therefore decided to double my dose this time, so 2 injections daily, eek!

Hope you ladies are all well x

Everything- Clotting sounds scary! I'm glad they've got you on blood thinners to protect you from it! They added in the blood thinners this time for me since I had so many IVF failures and they don't know why. They did test me for some clotting disorders, but everything came back negative. However, this is the first normally progressing pregnancy I've had, so something is helping. I don't know if that's due to the steroids or the blood thinners, but either way, I'm totally terrified to stop them both at 12 weeks like I've been told I'll be doing. I'm going to see if there are any generic tests or any more blood work that my perinatologist can have done to make totally sure I don't need to be on any of this stuff longer.

I hope you have better luck with these needles than I do. They never want to go in very well. The IVF ones were so much smaller/thinner. These new needles bounce off my stomach half the time! :dohh: But maybe other brands are better? Mine are called Fraxiparine.

As far as progesterone levels go, my acupuncturist says being too warm at night is a very good sign in pregnancy and it means your hormones are doing what they should be. I've been having a hard time sleeping due to temperature myself. DH is about ready to kill me, as I've had the A/C set for 64 every night the last week. :haha:

Aah thanks Buny, that makes me feel much better about the heat thing (although I'm pretty sure I didn't have that in either previous pregnancies and they were similar time of year). I do like a good worry! :haha:

I do know I had the bad mood swings in previous pregnancies - a couple we were very good friends with actually pretty much ditched us after my 1st pregnancy because I was so bad!! :blush:

The needles are awful Buny. I already have bad bruising and lumps under my skin and struggling to find spaces to do the new injections! Do you just inject into your stomach? I'm going to ask if they can go anywhere else on my body but pretty sure from last time that they can't.

Looks like everything is going so well for everyone! So pleased to hear that.

...aside from the yucky needles. I don't mind needles, but I certainly don't want to poke myself on the regular.

17 hours until my first appointment. I am definitely counting down. Just want a peanut that is measuring right and with a little heartbeat. So much weight will be lifted. Prayers would be appreciated. If baby is measuring on target, it will be the biggest baby we have ever grown!

Hello ladies.
I am thinking about those of you having scans.

I have a terrible two week wait ahead of me. I guessed that yesterday I should be 5+2 but thwescan showed a 4 to 5 week gestational sac and nothing else. I will have a scan again in two weeks. I also did a frer and even though the test line was darker than the control line I thought that the control line was a bit darker and the test line a bit lighter than previous tests.
I dug out my notes from the pregnancy with my daughter and they do give me a bit of hope

25 may 2012 - hcg 1850
31may 2012 - scan showed a blob measuring 5+3

This pregnancy
7th may 2015 - hcg 880
14th may 2015 - gestational sac showing 4 to 5 weeks.

what are your thoughts please?

Hi Spud,

I've been stalking this thread and might join down the road! I'm so sorry for your scary scan. TBH, I have no idea why they would even do a scan at 5+2. Even assuming your dates are correct (which it sounds like you're not sure of), 5+2 is SOOOO EARLY to try to see anything.

I've had scans when I was measuring around 6 weeks (I know I ovulate late, so I always tell the tech to expect baby to measure a week late) and the techs always tell me that that's borderline, so I shouldn't be too worried if they can't see anything yet. At this stage, even 1-2 days can make a huge difference in terms of what you can see.

IMO, at 5+2 when you're not even 100% confident about your dates, it was horrible of them to even do the scan. It's way too early to be even remotely conclusive and now it's going to scare the HECK out of you!!!

Try to relax and remember that a lot of people wouldn't see anything at 5+2 even if their dates were right and if you ovulate late like me, then there is NO WAY you would have seen more than you did.

Good luck with this 2WW and sorry that you're in it!! :hugs:

Agreed. Truly to see anything at 5+2 is a good sign IMO. It really doesn't take much for measurements to be days out either, and then of course scan measurements always go by average growth which is just that - average. Babies don't all grow at the same pace at any point during pregnancy or after, so why should we expect them all to measure the exact same in early pregnancy?
I will be approximately 7 weeks at my scan on Monday and I totally won't be worried if there is only a sac measuring 5-6 weeks (or even not quite 5 weeks) as I think bean got off to a slow start growthwise and may take some time to catch up, or simply gestate longer to compensate. I'll get a repeat scan in a week if there isn't a heartbeat visibe , maybe even two.
Being PAL is certainly a stressful time but I'm really trying to relax as worry never helped save a pregnancy and stress has lots of measurable negative effects.

I got a bit ahead of myself today and bought a birth pool as I saw one for sale at such a bargain price I know I'll never find one that cheap again. I'm calling it my positivity pool - I *will* get to set it up and use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->