January & February Beans 2021

Stargirl- Sickness sucks!...but it’s also a good sign.

Lisa- I have some girls you can borrow if it’s a boy. Jk They’re fun! I don’t care either way, I just want to know.

Afm- Oh, the joys of pregnancy! TMI- But, I was super constipated today and when I finally went to go it was just not budging. I looked and saw a ton of blood! I was so panicked, but it was coming from my bottom so it must have grazed coming out. It’s better now. I know the vitamins are what caused it so I’m going to have to up my water intake or something, because that was uncomfortable.

Stargirl- Sickness sucks!...but it’s also a good sign.

Lisa- I have some girls you can borrow if it’s a boy. Jk They’re fun! I don’t care either way, I just want to know.

Afm- Oh, the joys of pregnancy! TMI- But, I was super constipated today and when I finally went to go it was just not budging. I looked and saw a ton of blood! I was so panicked, but it was coming from my bottom so it must have grazed coming out. It’s better now. I know the vitamins are what caused it so I’m going to have to up my water intake or something, because that was uncomfortable.

I just know it's our last baby and I've always wanted a girl, to be honest I know if it is a boy I'll be sad. I got like that when I found out our second was a boy too, but I knew we were planning on having another so it wasnt too bad.

I'm so sorry! I actually get that, I've been having problems with that lately as well. I actually drank a coffee the other day just to get things moving :haha: I would be so scared to see blood though, I feel so bad for you!

Hi ladies! Sorry I’ve been MIA, work has been crazy on top of all day nausea and exhaustion. So work and sleep are about all I’ve been doing.

Wanted to get your thoughts on something...my OB wanted to do my 12 week visit over video chat instead of having me come into the office. I won’t see her in the office again until 20 weeks. This is my first so I don’t know what would normally happen in a 12 week visit. Would you all be okay with that? Or should I push back? I’m ok being an advocate for myself, just don’t want to be unreasonable.

@Stargirl1993 thinking of you and hope everything is ok!!

@Claw320 personally theres no way I would go for that lol. Idk where you are but in the US at 12w we do an ultrasound that looks for the possibility of downs. On top of that I get frequent UTI's during pregnancy that I dont get symptoms for so I couldn't imagine not peeing in a cup every few weeks for them to let me know or not. Then theres the fact that you said from 12 to 20 weeks. Usually at least here we'd do a 12w then 16w and then 20w. So I couldn't imagine going a whole 2 months without seeing my OB. Also I want to see my bean. Sorry that was long and all over the place but what I'm saying is heck no. I'd either fight for myself or find a different OB. That's just me though and some people are totally okay with minimal testing and stuff throughout their pregnancy.

Claw it kind of depends on where you are - like here OB’s and midwives (for the most part) don’t do their own ultrasounds. Bloodwork and urine, maybe. Some outsource to a lab.

My 12 week visit was over the phone and I was offered all the bloodwork and ultrasound etc but I would go in to a ultrasound lab for that and a lab for the bloodwork. Other than that they’re not doing too much at a 12 week visit - they miiiiight try and get baby on the Doppler but they don’t try very hard so early so they might not even get it. If you take a video call they should definitely be offering you all the regular testing etc.

Anyhow it’s up to you of course but I just know for my appointment it worked out fine on the phone :)

*Also I was told at first it would be a phone appointment at 12 weeks and an in person appointment at 20 weeks, but when I actually got on the phone they scheduled me to come in at 16 weeks

I’m leaving I’m pretty sure I’m losing my baby. I have had bloods done and I have a scan on Tuesday. I’ve got bleeding and it’s getting heavier I’m completely heartbroken

Thankyou for the support since I’ve been here and I wish you all the best in your pregnancy’s xxx

Sorry Stargirl, this has been such a rollercoaster for you. Are they able to give you a scan while you’re at the hospital?

Sorry Stargirl, this has been such a rollercoaster for you. Are they able to give you a scan while you’re at the hospital?
Unfortunately not they had no one there to do one x I’m filling a pad pretty much x but if it gets worse in the night I’ve got to call x

Aw I’m sorry I hope everything is ok :hugs:

Stargirl- I’m so so sorry! You’ve been through so much! Sending lots of hugs to you. ❤️

Claw it kind of depends on where you are - like here OB’s and midwives (for the most part) don’t do their own ultrasounds. Bloodwork and urine, maybe. Some outsource to a lab.

My 12 week visit was over the phone and I was offered all the bloodwork and ultrasound etc but I would go in to a ultrasound lab for that and a lab for the bloodwork. Other than that they’re not doing too much at a 12 week visit - they miiiiight try and get baby on the Doppler but they don’t try very hard so early so they might not even get it. If you take a video call they should definitely be offering you all the regular testing etc.

Anyhow it’s up to you of course but I just know for my appointment it worked out fine on the phone :)

*Also I was told at first it would be a phone appointment at 12 weeks and an in person appointment at 20 weeks, but when I actually got on the phone they scheduled me to come in at 16 weeks

Thank you, that’s helpful to know! I’ve already had an ultrasound done so I figure they wouldn’t be doing another one this time anyway. I already have the scripts for all my testing and a separate appointment for genetic counseling so maybe the phone call would be fine. I think I’ll call my doctor today and express my concerns and see what she says.

I’m leaving I’m pretty sure I’m losing my baby. I have had bloods done and I have a scan on Tuesday. I’ve got bleeding and it’s getting heavier I’m completely heartbroken

Thankyou for the support since I’ve been here and I wish you all the best in your pregnancy’s xxx

So sorry :hugs:

Thank you, that’s helpful to know! I’ve already had an ultrasound done so I figure they wouldn’t be doing another one this time anyway. I already have the scripts for all my testing and a separate appointment for genetic counseling so maybe the phone call would be fine. I think I’ll call my doctor today and express my concerns and see what she says.

Was your other ultrasound for dating? They offer you one at 12 weeks for genetic testing (down’s syndrome mainly). I denied for my kids because you have to get bloodwork along with it and I hate getting bloodwork done haha. We would keep the baby regardless and they have a relatively high rate of false positives so we always figured why add the extra stress when for us it wouldn’t make a difference for our family planning. Although I am always jealous of the extra peek at baby haha. Every pregnancy I consider it just to see the baby at 12 weeks but the bloodwork always makes me say no :haha:

@Sander I mostly do it for the extra ultrasound too. I don't mind the bloodwork, it helps me mentally prepare for all the needles that will be in me during labor lmao plus the more I get bloodwork done the less I fear it. When I was in like 3rd grade we had to get TB testing done and we did it in the school gym, I told the lady I was going to pass out and I was afraid of needles and she didnt believe me. Next thing I knew I was waking up in the nurses office. :rofl: poor lady probably felt so bad she didn't believe me and that I actually did faint.

I told my dad and stepmom yesterday and they were so happy for me. They even wanted to talk about names and how I was doing. I was pleasantly suprised at how supportive they were. I come from a pretty big and diverse family so I knew I wouldn't hear anything about how many kids are you going to have which was wonderful. Now to tell my mother in law this weekend. I still haven't decided when I want to tell the boys, we probably should soon... I just dont want to get their hopes up again. My oldest took the last mc pretty hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->