January & February Beans 2021

Congrats Jackson so exciting!

Lisa so glad you had a nice scan :) And your cute little bean!!

Welcome Quantea :) In my other groups we always had moms over 40, 36 doesn’t seem like it should be called geriatric haha. Congrats on your new addition!

I haven't tried it yet and I had no idea it can help, to be honest. I told my doctor about the awful nausea and troubles with eating, but he only changed my iron supplement for now in case it was making things worse. I have another appointment in about 10 days though and we're supposed to check back on that. The new iron supplement helped reduce the bloating I had, but the nausea is getting worse. It's close to midnight over here and I can't go to sleep just from how awful I feel. My hubby wants us to call ahead of time anyway, but I wanted to see if I can hang in there and avoid medications for now. But if a vitamin can help it sounds like a great idea! So thanks for the suggestion, I will make sure to ask.

And I saw you were getting close to your early screening! Wow, it almost feels unreal still. Sometimes I wish I could make time fly. Do you also feel like you can't wait for major dates to just come closer already?

And Sander, thanks! I don't particularly feel geriatric either, so I just laugh about it right now. Good thing is I have a sister who is a year younger than me and is also TTC. She passed 35 a couple of months ago, so when she tried to make fun of me for being called "geriatric" I was able to make fun of her right back since in theory she would be the same. And that was enough to make me feel better about the whole thing. :D Oh the joys of sibling rivalry, lol.

@Quantea yeah lots of women have issues with the iron in their prenatals so I can see why he'd go for that first. I didnt know about b6 either until she brought it up today. I've been trying small meals, plain crackers, suckers, ginger ale.. nothing worked. I wanted to wait it our too but part of me wishes I would have just called. Itll be nice to hopefully want to eat again.

I dont know how I feel about major things. Part of me wants to just embrace every single day because I know it's our last. But the other part of me wants to know gender and have a little reveal photoshoot and do all the fun pregnancy things. Lol I can say I have been sooooo excited to get to the second trimester in the hopes that the nausea will go away.

Welcome quanta! They like to make people feel great don’t they? Most are fertile way into their 40’s. I know risks go up as you get older, but sheesh! They could come up with better terms. Lol

I wish I had advice on the nausea front. Mine was bad, but has settled now. I don’t know if it a coincidence or not, but taking my prenatal at night with a tums has kept everything at bay. I do have some food issues that I didn’t have in my last two pregnancies. Some things I usually enjoy don’t taste good anymore and my sense of smell is crazy. I heated something up today and couldn’t eat it. My ice cream also tasted weird. Everything else was ok though, pregnancy is so weird!

How’s everyone doing? Does anyone else feel like time is just flying by?? I can’t believe I’ll be 15 weeks on Friday. I saw a little newborn when I took my son out for a snack this morning and I was like awwww I’ll have another one of those soon. It’s very bittersweet, I actually think I’ll struggle with not having anymore babies. But I’m happy to have been able to have 3, I wasn’t sure how many I could do haha. There is something appealing about moving away from the baby stage though, it’ll be nice when all the kids are out of diapers and strict nap schedules. I’ll just have to snuggle other people’s newborns haha

@Sander part of me feels like its flying by but part of me feels like every day is a snail's pace. Especially being sick all the dang time. I woke up this morning nauseous as all get up and of course today is the day I'm supposed to go get crab. (That I've been craving for like two weeks now) and I'm just not feeling good. I cant believe I've only got a few more weeks until I'm in the second trimester... feels kind of odd. Makes me a little sad because I truly want to embrace this pregnancy but I feel so gross all the time that I find myself praying for the day to be over so I can just sleep because at least I don't feel gross when I sleep. The newborn stage is my favorite... my almost 10yo on the other hand oh my lord I love him but he is the chattiest cathy I have ever met and hes also got a massive attitude that he doesnt even realize he has half the time. I know it's part of the developmental stage and transitioning from child into teen but man oh man. It makes me scared because I know were just at the beginning of the teen era. :pop:

Also I'm a little annoyed/stressed that the school district here seems to be going with the plan of only having the kids go 2 days a week. I dont know how I'm going to complete my work and help the kids by basically homeschooling the other three days. I love my kids to the ends of the earth but I was not meant to be a teacher.

Ugh I’m sorry you’re so sick Lisa. Hopefully you start feeling better soon. I was so sick this time too - I’m pretty sure I already wrote this, but even reading a book made me want to hurl. Right around 12/13 weeks it started to improve :hugs:

@Sander oh no! I dont remember you saying that but it sounds horrible. I understand it though. I can see something I dont like and it makes me want to dry heave, think about food I dry heave. I ended up taking the anti nausea meds and it is working wonderfully. The crab was great and I didnt dry heave once. :wohoo: I have really been trying to avoid taking them because there are some studies that show they can be related to an increase in cleft palate and heart defects. So that worries me but my OB said it tends to be more for people with HG who take them all the time.

@Sander oh no! I dont remember you saying that but it sounds horrible. I understand it though. I can see something I dont like and it makes me want to dry heave, think about food I dry heave. I ended up taking the anti nausea meds and it is working wonderfully. The crab was great and I didnt dry heave once. :wohoo: I have really been trying to avoid taking them because there are some studies that show they can be related to an increase in cleft palate and heart defects. So that worries me but my OB said it tends to be more for people with HG who take them all the time.

Yay glad you could enjoy your crab!! With my oldest I used to crave something, make my husband go to the store to get it, and by the time he got home I couldn’t stomach it anymore :rofl:

I’m sure you’re fine with the anti-nausea meds. I know sooooo many ladies who take them and their babies are perfectly healthy. Fx you won’t need them much longer just cause it means you’ll be feeling better!

Some days I feel like it’s flying and others feel like it’s dragging, I’m def in no rush though. Lol The last 2 days have just been annoying and busy plus my almost 2 year old has decided to scream and throw fits like a crazy person at bedtime. If I wasn’t pregnant it would be one of those whole bottle of wine to myself kind of weeks. Lol How do pregnant people unwind?

Lisa- I’m sorry your nausea is so bad, it definitely takes a toll. Mine was super bad too, but even though it still comes and goes, it isn’t close to what it was. Your crab sounds delicious! I’ve been craving seafood too, but nowhere around here makes it right. I grew up in Delaware and my neighbors were crabbers, we got the good stuff. Lol I bet you can’t guess what I had? A turkey sub.

@Sander that reminds me of a time with my oldest when I was craving my moms spaghetti so she made it for me and the smell of the browning meat made me hurl! I felt so bad :rofl:

@Jules8 of course it was a sandwhich! I still want one but I cant manage going to the store. Every time I do all the smells just get to me. I'm thinking of doing an instacart order of a whole bunch of things so I dont have to go and poor hubby doesnt get the wrong thing. Speaking of which I had him go get toilet paper tonight and the poor guy got THE WORST kind. He was all, well I felt the outside of the package and thought itd be soft. :rofl: it's that scratchy one ply stuff. I laughed so hard because he really tried but man I cant stand that scratchy rough toilet paper. Also, I totally understand being seafood picky, I was raised in alaska so crab doesnt compare here but it was the best I've had here so far (thanks to me asking around for recommendations) nothing will compare to the hush puppies and Alaskan king crab in Alaska.

To answer the how do pregnant people unwind question I wish I knew. I would loveeee a nice vodka tonic. Or even a pina colada. I cant even take my usual super hot baths. So instead I've been soaking my feet and painting my toes because lord knows I wont be able to do it before too long!

Oh, I don’t make my sandwich...I ordered it ahead from a sandwich shop. I don’t get one every day and there’s enough to save for another day/meal. When I do shop I only go to Aldi. It’s smaller, doesn’t have a deli, doesn’t have an open butcher area, no open seafood, and no active bakery so the smells aren’t too bad. They sell all those things, it’s just not traditional. I occasionally go to the regular grocery store if I do need lunch meat or something random. I just like that it’s cheaper and I can do things quickly.

My husband works at Target and I still can’t trust him to get anything. I’m 100% sure he does it wrong in purpose so he can get out of it. It works. Lol He told me we were out of something the other day and I was like “ you work at Target, you were literally there. Why didn’t you grab it?” His response, “ I didn’t want to get the wrong one.”

Lol you guys are so funny. My husband is terrible at the store too. I’m like - you live here, you know what brands we use!! Ah well haha. At least they go :p I had DH go to Walmart at 10pm last night to get stuff for a charcuterie board :rofl: (just meat and cheese, nothing crazy) - then both my kids woke up at 11:30pm and were up for an hour. My 2 year old is usually a great sleeper, but I think he’s going through that 2 year regression because he’s been really struggling this past week. He cries for hours in his bed, and then he wakes up multiple times in the night and screams and cries. The boys share a room so it wakes up the little one and it’s just a disaster! Anyways, thankfully he slept till 9:30 this morning so hopefully he won’t be a total bear all day.

Oh and I’ll add to the drink wish list lol. I’m so craving a gin and tonic!!

Sander- my almost 2 year old is regressing so hard this week too. She has always been a terrible sleeper, but she has been great the past 3 months. Now she screams for about 2 hours before falling asleep and wakes up 2-3 times. I’m just keeping the routine and hoping it will pass soon. Thankfully, she doesn’t fights naps.

My husband is banned from going to the store with me. He’s worse than both kids put together. Now he gets to stay at home with the kids. Lol I usually go on my way home from work on Mondays or Tuesdays.

Oh Jules that is so brutal. We’ve been lucky, Elias’ last regression was when he was around 10 months old. Since then he’s been a great sleeper but yeah this week has been awful. He’s hit and miss with his naps right now too - sometimes he sleeps like 3 hours, other times he just sits in there awake for an hour then cries to come out. Hopefully it passes for both of them soon!!

I bought a season’s pass for the zoo in our town today. I should have done this months ago. It’s near our house and it’s easy to social distance etc, plus it gets Elias out of the house and I get exercise walking around. I’ve had a hard time with him in the mornings because my younger son naps for 2 hours between 10 and 12, so we either have to play quietly in the house (yeaaaah not happening haha), or we walk around the block. But it’s hard to keep him entertained for so long. So now we can just go to the zoo, he can run like crazy and we’ll see the animals. Plus it’s never crowded so bonus points :haha:

@Jules8 I've never been to aldi's, I always say I'm going to go there but mine is always packed and it's further away than basically every other store. Albertsons (kroger) is closest to me so that's where I usually go. Plus the gas points are nice.

Im sure if my husband worked at a store he'd do the same thing :haha: oh and guess what I had for dinner tonight thanks to you! Lol I had a big ol turkey sandwich. I cant believe I ate the whole thing. I also got stuff for italian sodas and had one, oh my goodness it was soooo good.

@Sander I hope you at least got to enjoy your board before the kids woke up! I'm sorry your little ones been going through it. I wish we had a zoo around here, I think my younger one would really enjoy that. I really need to find something for them to do.

Sander- The zoo sounds like so much fun! It’s so boring here. Everything is closed or crowded and now my work has made it that I have to quarantine for 2 weeks if we leave the state so I can’t visit my parents or go to my cousins pool. I’m glad we have can entertain them here for the most part, but cabin fever has been real now that it’s too hot to be outside all day.
Sanders- Glad you enjoyed that sandwich! Lol What’s an Italian soda?! Is it ice cream and coke/root beer?

Today was uneventful. Tomorrow is scan day though! So excited and nervous!

Jules - its soda water, half and half and some kind of torani syrup. I did watermelon and ohhh myyy goodness it was great.

Yay for scan day!!! That's so exciting! Is it your first trimester screening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->