January & February Beans 2021

I feel for you guys who have school age kiddos. My boys are too little still so we don’t have to deal with the coronavirus/school situation.

I agree I don’t know how they’ll keep the little ones in masks all day - my son just turned 2 and he won’t even keep a hat on [-( So far I haven’t taken him anywhere he would need one thankfully. We rarely go anywhere with the kids nowadays.

Sorry no gender yet Jules!

I have my scan Saturday morning. A friend of ours offered to watch the boys so DH can come with me - I’m glad because I’m guessing this will be the only ultrasound he’ll get to come to.

We are moving to stage 3 reopening on Friday here in Ontario. Which means playgrounds are opening again, wahoo! :haha: Other than that most options are still limited for us - like they’re opening theatres etc but DH and I couldn’t go anyways because of the kids.

I don’t really understand what the long term plan is for COVID. Like they admit that it mutates so a vaccine wouldn’t be fully effective, and people are able to catch it more than once. So doesn’t that just mean it’s here to stay and we have to learn to live with it? It can’t be squashed out now, way too many people have it. I dunno, maybe I’m not understanding correctly but I feel like with what the experts have been saying this virus can’t just ‘go away’ - so are we just going to be constantly reopening and locking down based on numbers? Forever?

Any of you ladies have any ideas :-k

Jules - I feel you on the heartburn I had some pizza and tried to lay down a little after and it felt like the acid was just seeping up my throat.

Sorry no gender results! At least you got your actual results back, my ob said we wouldn't go over them until the following appointment (four weeks later!)

I wish there was an easy answer for all of this coronavirus stuff, I dont like to keep thinking about it or bringing it up but I feel like theres no avoiding it. It doesnt help no one here in Vegas seems to believe it's real.

Sander - who knows. I mean I like to think either heard immunity will take over or something but that means a majority of the population would have to get it (I think heard immunity starts to take effect after like 85% of people have been infected) but that also doesnt account for mutations. So I wonder if itll be kind of like the flu where a new vaccine comes out every year. It deffinately worries me though, my younger boy had the flu in jan 2019 and it was terrifying. Before that none of us got the flu vaccine but since then heck yeah I am I never want to experience that as a mom again and I never want my boys to experience that.

I know I'll have to start training the kids with masks soon but it just seems so surreal. They've both only been in public once since March. Though that doesnt include going to my mother in laws house.

Also, that's exciting hubby will get to go! I dont know if anyone will be able to watch our boys this pregnancy so mine can come but I hope we can at least figure something out for the 20w scan.

I wish I had easy answers...it’s all so complicated and so many things floating around. I’m just trying to be safe, but still trying to live some sort of life. Emma has a play date at her school playground today. No one uses it and the parents/kid haven’t been anywhere so we thought it would be nice for them to see a friend. Emma does wear a mask, she’s actually really good and I’ve taken her to the store a handful of times. Mainly target super early on a Sunday. I think she just doesn’t want school to be different and knows it’s going to be very different. Good news is our numbers here are down for now, we were one of the hardest hit areas back in April and May.

It’s ok, I already know it’s a girl. Lol At least I can get someone else to wear all the bows and clothes I have!

Eek!!! The office called back today because they just left a message yesterday. I jokingly asked for gender and she said this one didn’t have it, but she could order it if I wanted. I told her yes and should get the results in 7-10 days. I’m on the fence on whether or not I should surprise my husband that they are running the test, he’s even more less patient than me. Lol

Jules - oh my goodnessssssss that's so exciting!!!!! Ahhh I'd say suprise him but I SUCK at keeping secrets :haha:

Rescheduled our scan for Friday, it works better with the boys nap to go in the afternoon instead of Saturday morning. I also went to the same franchise when I was pregnant with my oldest and found they give you more/better pics!

Sander - That's exciting! I forget, are you finding out gender for sure at that scan? I still have to wait another week for my scan. (Next thursday) it feels so far away lol

TMI
I took ducolax last night because it's been a while and instead I vomited multiple times because apparently that's a side effect. I still need to go and it's not working so far. Uhg sometimes pregnancy is a PAIN in my rear end.

Sander - That's exciting! I forget, are you finding out gender for sure at that scan? I still have to wait another week for my scan. (Next thursday) it feels so far away lol

TMI
I took ducolax last night because it's been a while and instead I vomited multiple times because apparently that's a side effect. I still need to go and it's not working so far. Uhg sometimes pregnancy is a PAIN in my rear end.

Yeah it’s an elective gender scan so as long as baby cooperates we will find out! Sorry you threw up from that!! I haven’t used a laxative before, only softeners after birth and I dunno if that would help with constipation

Yeah it’s an elective gender scan so as long as baby cooperates we will find out! Sorry you threw up from that!! I haven’t used a laxative before, only softeners after birth and I dunno if that would help with constipation

Ahhhh sooo exciting!! Also a tiny bit jealous. Lol the more I hear about genders the more I want to do the finger prick thing but I'm so nervous to :haha:
Unfortunately I knew it would probably happen. It's a side effect of my anti nausea meds. Gotta love how those kinds of things work, itll fix this problem but give you a whole new one!

Ahhhh sooo exciting!! Also a tiny bit jealous. Lol the more I hear about genders the more I want to do the finger prick thing but I'm so nervous to :haha:
Unfortunately I knew it would probably happen. It's a side effect of my anti nausea meds. Gotta love how those kinds of things work, itll fix this problem but give you a whole new one!

Do itttttt haha

Lisa- Ugh! Vomiting and constipated is the worst! I had that one really scary episode and it took a bit for things to start moving again, but I still have issues. I was told to use stool softener, but I haven’t used it yet. Every time I’m about to go there my body decides to cooperate.

Sander- So exciting!!!! I can’t wait to hear how it goes!

I did my bloodwork today and they said I should get my results in 7-10 business days. I’m a little nervous that it’s a whole separate thing instead of just going to their regular lab. I read reviews that I have to make sure I pay within 72hours or something receiving the bill in my email. If not, they send it to the insurance company. Without billing the insurance it’s $99. People were saying that they we’re charged anywhere from $1000-$6000 when it was sent through to the insurance company!

Oh wow Jules why the price discrepancy?? That’s crazy.

Actually I wanted to ask - a friend of ours was saying a few years ago she had to take her daughter to a clinic in the states for an infected mosquito bite, and she said they only had to wait 10 minutes to see a doctor? And then the doctor apologized for the wait?? Is that a legitimate thing in the States, that you guys don’t wait for appointments? She also said the appointment wasn’t rushed. Is that the norm or did she just have a great experience?

We don’t pay for health care but the wait times are INSANE. People avoid the ER because if you go you’re there for the day, for sure. When I was a kid I broke my ankle and after we waited in the hospital for 5+ hours we eventually just went home because we couldn’t see a doctor. I’ve waited over 3 hours in a walk in clinic to see a doctor, and even bloodwork can be over an hour wait - in a place that only does bloodwork. Plus when you finally do see a doctor they want you in and out in 5 minutes flat.

There are exceptions where you get in quickly and have a decent appointment, but the norm is to have to wait ridiculous amounts of time and be rushed right back out

It depends. If you have an appointment like my OB, check ups, or sick visits it usually isn’t a long wait because you’re scheduled a time. They def. don’t rush so sometimes you wait just because someone has questions, but generally I’ve never waited more than 15 minutes. ER and walk in just depends. I’ve been in, treated, and sent home writhing 3 hours....I’ve also waited 3 hours when it was crowded. Depends on severity. Obviously if you’re gushing blood or in a serious medical emergency you get priority over someone who is there for a fever or twisted ankle. However, we pay a lot just to have insurance and still some after it goes through the insurance. Private pay can be cheaper in some instances, which is why my test is cheaper if it’s not run through the insurance. For my daughter to get transported via ambulance after insurance was $300. Each ultrasound after insurance is about $200. We pay about $500 a month just to have insurance in the first place. Some people qualify for free or discounted insurance, but that’s only low income or disabled. It can be longer waits to get in places and limited doctors to visit because they don’t take that insurance.

Wow $500 a month sounds like a lot for insurance! I know in Canada you pay a fee for health care based on your income - I believe (?) it’s only Ontario that it’s entirely ‘free’ (aka comes out of our taxes). I know ambulance transport isn’t included though - my brother went once and it was $400. But most everything else is included.

I wonder how much the tax differences are. Like if the $500 you pay in insurance would match what they take off our income. Here you pay approx 30% tax on your income, plus we pay 13% sales tax on everything. So it’s like 43% tax which is a lot

Jules - thats insane that it ends up being that much if it goes to insurance but I totally get it

Sander, Health care is weird here. I go back and forth on how much I wish we were like CAN and Europe. I have never had only a ten minute wait at an urgent care lol I wish! I always end up waiting about an hour, then they give me some subpar care and shoot you on your way. Basically unless its a rash or UTI there's no point in going. The ER's here are usually stupid busy. Not an entire day of waiting but more like wait 3 hours, get back there, wait another 3 hours to get testing done, then wait an hour for a doctor to talk to you for five minutes. THEN if you don't have insurance you get a bill for almost 7 grand and they say well we can work with you, usually give you some kind of no insurance discount and it makes it about 3 grand and then they tell you they want it paid off within a year and a half and harass you if you can afford it. Basically if you don't want to pay a boatload of money for subpar service don't go to the ER.
My regular appointments aren't too bad, all the doctors here are usually pretty busy so you usually end up waiting 30 minutes after your appointment to actually see the DR. However for my OB all my blood work and Ultrasounds are done in office so there's never any extra wait time, if anything I finish my appointment and there's one person in front of me getting their blood drawn.
Making an appointment isn't too bad either most times its like two weeks out for normal OB, peds, and things like that.

We had our gender scan on Friday and confirmed our sneak peek results of a boy (clear wiener, lol). I’m actually feeling really ok with it, and we picked out a name - Thomas. Not sure about the middle name - DH gets to pick, he’s thinking Wyatt which he always wanted as a first name, or Wake which is his grandma’s maiden name. Thomas is my grandma’s maiden name - it was kind of a coincidence, but I also love it because she and I were always very close and she’s really going downhill after being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s about 4 years ago. I also think Thomas Wake is a pretty cool name :haha:

Anyways. I have been really let down by people’s reactions. My aunt asked if I had the scan and when I told her it was a boy and sent the ultrasound picture, she didn’t even respond. My dad said ‘grrrr, try again’. Like I can control the gender of our kids [-(

I don’t know, it makes me pretty upset. I feel protective of him already, and I’ve been having very very strong feelings of this baby being the one who was meant to be in our family. As soon as we picked his name it just felt so right, like we’ve been waiting just for him. And to have people react like he’s not good enough because he’s a boy is so heartbreaking for me. He can’t choose who he is, and it’s not his fault he’s a boy.

I guess I just feel sad for him. I honestly thought I would be upset about another boy, but I’m really truly not. If I can be happy about it and be excited for another beautiful person that I get to raise, why can’t anyone else?

Sander first of all congratulations!

Secondly that's exactly what I'm worried about. I know if it's a boy I'll get so many you can try again or you're not going to try again are you type comments.

I think everyone just envisions a family as having kids of each gender and dont realize that's just not the case for some people.

I think it's so awesome that you guys already have a name picked out. My kids have always ended up with names later on. Chances wasnt until he was born and I saw him and Collins was in the third trimester. Hubby and I have talked at length about names and agreed on colton for a boy but now all of a sudden hes trying to veto it. Like uh no I'm in love with the name. If it's a girl I doubt well be able to agree on a name at all...

Also, I know what you mean about feeling like a child is meant to be in your family. My entire life I've known I'm meant to have three children.

Congratulations!!!! I have a friend that has 4 boys and she says she wouldn’t have it any other way. I know it’s hard, but ignore people. A. It’s not their kids. B. They don’t get to make someone feel bad about something no one has control over. It’s Gods plan and that’s that. You’ll enjoy every little thing about your little boy and he is will be very loved.❤️ I love that name too! Traditional yet different.

We have a boy name picked, but on the fence about girl names. Our boy name is Gabriel John. Our boy names we picked before we knew our 2 girls were girls were Leo Jacob and Bennett Leo. Leo is my MIL’s maiden name, Jacob is my FIL middle name and my husbands confirmation name. John is my FIL name and my husbands second first name...it’s a hyphen. I’m 99% convinced it’s a girl though. Lol We’re running out of family girl names. Emma’s middle name is Claire after my mom and Luella is named after Michaels Grandmother. My grandmas names were Norma and Margaret. My close friend named her daughter Margaret so I can’t use that and Norma is a little too old fashioned. I don’t think I can come up with anything til I know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->