January & February Beans 2021

Aw well hopefully he won’t end up super big Lisa! He might have hit a growth spurt right before your scan too, who knows.

Jules - glad to hear you can feel him kicking more now! I don’t know how my placenta is facing this time, I just know it’s at the very top of my uterus. The ultrasound tech was like - it couldn’t possibly be farther from your cervix haha. I had a posterior with my first and anterior with my second - I don’t even have a guess what this one is ha, I guess I could ask.

We’re getting into cooler weather here now too which is great. Can’t wait to wear my big sweaters soon!!

Jules, I totally understand lol all the men in my family are super tall (all over 6'2) and so are most the women. Except my mom who is 5'4 and im just average at 5'6. My husbands biodad is tall too however hubby is only 5'10. I always wonder if my poor boys will take after me and their dad or not.

Sander, I CANNOT wait for cooler weather. It was 85 on Thursday and Friday. Then of course it popped back up to 103 for the weekend. Im still just so happy I won't be huge when it's hot. \\:D/

It’s getting pretty cool here. It’s going to be in the 70s over the next few days then go into the 60s next week. I feel like fall came out of nowhere.

I had a regular appointment today. This is my last 4 week stretch then I’ll start bi-weekly appointments. Baby boy was kicking away, he wasn’t a fan of being woken up and bothered this morning. I realized I really need to start getting stuff together. I’ve just been so tired!

I feel the same way re: putting things off lol. We did buy a new car seat (not sure if I said that already) because Emmett is too big for the infant seat now. Other than that, I usually cosleep when the babies are little - up until about 3 months and then he’ll sleep in the pack and play for a while cause I don’t want to buy a third crib :haha: Hoping to transition my older boys into bunk beds by the time baby is ready for a full size crib. Not sure if I can swing it though since the age gap is so small between them all.

My oldest learned how to climb out of his crib yesterday so we transitioned him into a toddler bed (his crib converts). He’s actually done really well with it so far so I’m happy about that!

I do the bassinet/pack and play next to the bed til they semi sleep through. I can’t do co-sleep, but I do like them right next to me. Once they sit up and crawl then I move them to the crib.I’m not against co-sleeping, I just can’t get comfortable and with everyone in it there just isn’t room. Lol My 2 year old is still in the crib and she’s just ornery so I’m not ready for her to come out yet anyway.

I’m doing the car seat trade in at Target. They give a 20% coupon for a new car seat or stroller, plus I get the employee discount, and I have some gift cards. I’m debating between just a seat or the seat/stroller combo. I have a carrier, but it’s hard when we’re at a park or walking because I can’t bend over and grab as quick as I would like. I’ll have 3 under 5 years sooo I feel like I’ll need my arms. Lol We have a car seat, but it’s been through 2 kids and expires in 2021. I figure we can have it as a back up.

It’s funny when I had my first I was sure I wouldn’t co-sleep because I was afraid of rolling on baby etc. Then he had terrible colic and wouldn’t stop screaming all night long - he’d only settle if literally attached to my boob ](*,) So cosleeping happened, and then with my 2nd I was like well let’s skip the fight with the bassinet lol. Also hubby and I don’t move at all when sleeping and are both pretty light sleepers so it’s worked for us! You’re right though it’s crowded lol. If this one sleeps ok in the pack and play from the get go that’s totally my preference - will just have to wait and see I guess.

Yeah I wasn’t planning on transitioning him until closer to 3 but once he started climbing out it was all over haha

That’s awesome I didn’t know Target did a car seat trade in. They don’t have Target in Canada which is a huge bummer. I’ve been a few times when we cross the border and it’s great!

We have the stroller/seat combo and I swear by it. Those car seats are so heavy if you have to go anywhere - plus you’re right you’ll need your hands haha. Black Friday is coming up - I almost always see stuff like that go on sale then.

Thats crazy you're already moving over to biweekly appointments Jules. It seems like its just going by faster and faster now!

You guys are both way ahead of me lol. I mean we've got a bassinet and we use cloth diapers so those are taken care of. Plus we've got the clothes from Collin so don't need any more technically.
However we need all the big stuff. Another car seat, pack and play, swing. Well also need bottles since I'll actually be gone this time and won't be staying at home. I know its not really a lot but it just feels like it is. Also it doesn't help that I dont want to buy any of that big stuff until after we move in December. So I'm sure by then ill be feeling rushed lol.

@Jules do you know if I can do the trade in and get 20% off and then use my registry coupon ontop of it for an extra 20% off?? If so I may end up doing that now!

Lisa- I would ask! If so, that would be amazing! I got the little bag and forgot to upload the coupons so I didn’t know there was a 20% off coupon in there too. You could always load the coupons in target circle then add it to your cart and see if they both come off. I have an old car seat from our old car. We took it in a plane and it got super beat up on the way back so we didn’t want to keep using it.

The only other big thing we need is a high chair, but that can wait. We have a swing and all that. It’s pink, but that’s ok. Lol This poor kid is going to be surrounded by girly things so he has to get used it.

Do either of you use pacifiers? Neither of the girls took them so I’m on the fence if I should even try.

@Jules I guess its 15% off not 20. You usually get it on your registry right before you give birth I think but I made mine when I got pregnant with the twins and when I updated the date it didn't change the coupon so I guess I get mine early lol. Yeah I want this beautiful expensive carseat but I dont want to pay full price on it. So ive been debating getting a much cheaper one. But its already 20% off, then if I can get the 20% from the trade in and 15% from the registry I mean that makes it normal priced :rofl::rofl:

Eta my oldest did but my younger one never would. I'll be getting a few again but I dont see a point in getting a whole bunch when I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Jules my oldest took one for the first year but he was pretty take it or leave it. It helped soothe him some of the time but not always. My second couldn’t care less, I think he only used it for the first 3ish months! We have a whole bunch so we’ll offer it to him but if he’s anything like his brothers he won’t be that into it lol

Happy Fall! I realized that this is the last full season before our babies come! Am I the only one who feels like time is flying now?

Yes! So crazy. I think about September being almost over and I’m like holy smokes haha

We’ve been so busy trying to get these damn renovations done the time is really going quick :haha: Our bedroom is almost 100% done, now just the kids bedroom and living room to finish (‘just’ :shock:)

@Jules8 oh my goodness I hadn't even thought about that. Time is going by pretty fast now that I can feel him kicking my bladder and cervix all the time. Oh my goodness I swear this little boy is enjoying torturing me :haha:

@Sander you've got this! I know it may seem like a lot but maybe looking at before pictures will make you see how much has been accomplished? Unless you hubby is like mine and can start a project and put it off for months and that's why it isn't done lol.

@Jules8 oh my goodness I hadn't even thought about that. Time is going by pretty fast now that I can feel him kicking my bladder and cervix all the time. Oh my goodness I swear this little boy is enjoying torturing me :haha:

@Sander you've got this! I know it may seem like a lot but maybe looking at before pictures will make you see how much has been accomplished? Unless you hubby is like mine and can start a project and put it off for months and that's why it isn't done lol.

Well we ripped the first ceiling down in June so that tells you how long it takes my hubby to do stuff :rofl: To be fair though he’s doing all the work after he’s done working for the day, so even though the progress has been slow he has been working hard at it. We finally finished our room a couple days ago and moved the kids into it so we can work on their room - it’s so nice to have one room actually be done :haha: I have lots of pics, I’ll have to post a couple once I have official before and afters.

Baby has been pretty active lately, always worming around in there. Braxton Hicks have been worse this pregnancy for sure, normally I don’t really notice them but I’ve been getting them this time around. Other than that, can’t complain! How are you guys?

Im doing good! Ive just been extremely tired lately despite coffee in the mornings. Its like I want to be focused and get all my stuff done but my brain just isn't functioning at full capacity. My mom just got us a playpen last night which I wasn't expecting. I had asked her to see if it was cheaper where she was at and two hours later she replied with a shipping confirmation #-owhile I appreciate it I know it was a lot of money so I feel guilty.
I bought some cute little baby towels the other day at target because they were 40% off. The adorable little fox hooded towel and dinosaur one called my name.
Little dude does not like it when I lay on my side, when I do he kicks the side thats against the bed. I feel like he's yelling at me wondering why he's falling to one side :haha:
@Sander It will be so nice when everything is done and your home feels like a home again and not a huge renovation project lol. I cant believe you're already getting Braxton hicks. I had them with my first in the third trimester and I dont think I had any with my second.

Aw that’s super nice of your mom Lisa, I’m sure she was happy to be able to help out. Play pens are the best!!

I know it’s a bit nervewracking actually haha, I try and slow down a bit when I get them as I think I’m just doing too much around the house etc. My midwives called with my consultation appointment with the doctor who did my last section, so November 4th I should have a date!

Sanders- Renovations are so stressful! But, I’m sure it will feel and look fantastic once it’s complete. I’ve had some BH here and there. It’s always when I’m overdoing it.

Lisa- That’s so nice of her! I’m sure it’s good to know you starting to have some things for baby. Mine kicks me too when I’m on my side. I never thought of it that way. Lol

I’m good. Baby boy is so active and loves to kick/punch me down low. I forgot how weird that feels. Lol My next ultrasound with mfm is on the 5th then I have a regular appointment a few days after that. I’m curious to see how often mfm is going to have me come in after this one. I had to go every week starting around 28 weeks and as much as I love seeing them on ultrasounds, it was stressful and expensive having so many appointments. I’ll be scheduling my glucose test at my next regular appointment. Yuck! It makes me cringe just thinking about that drink. Lol I also scheduled maternity pictures for the beginning of November! I didn’t get to do maternity or newborn pictures with Luella so I’m happy I get a chance to do some with my last pregnancy. Other than that I just really need to get into nesting mode and get things done. Lol

@Sander I can't believe you'll have a date soon! Thats so exciting!

@Jules8 it actually is nice to know we're getting more things. Unfortunately I also know we're moving at the beginning of December so the more I buy now the more we have to move lol. Im doing my glucose test in two weeks when I go in. Blah! I really dont want to. It feels so early, but bright side ill know early on if I do have GD.

Oh that’s so nice you’ll have maternity photos Jules! I never got any done either, I just had the photographer take the one of my bump while we were already doing family photos haha. I did take this shot this morning - it’s always weird when I feel like I’m really showing. Like I surprise myself in the mirror with a giant bump :rofl:

A69410BD-C471-459D-BBC4-1E32573C1054.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->