January & February Beans 2021

Isn't it funny how that works? We know its the last night of good sleep were gonna get but our minds race and we can't sleep. I cant wait to see your update!

Sander- So excited for youuu!!!! I can’t believe it’s here already. Sending prayers for a smooth delivery.

Both of my inductions were an emergency and out of the blue so I had to go right to the hospital, but both times I was admitted in the evening and they didn’t really start til the next day. They had to give me ambien so I could sleep because I was restless.

Thomas Wake Anderson born today at 2:14pm, weighing 6lb 6oz!

We got bumped back because a lady came in in labour - so instead of a 9am section it was like 2pm which sucked but at least it’s done now. I felt majorly sick afterwards, kept throwing up and was really dizzy. Finally they gave me Gravol which fixed the nausea but made me super tired. I barely updated anyone and they started getting worried haha. Feeling a bit better now - had some dinner, trying to get Thomas to latch. Gonna get some sleep!

C80D0A35-94FC-45E7-A80B-3C1094D372C5.jpeg 0A5A24F6-3C8C-4F53-8AD2-CF5E551C38A4.jpeg

Congrats Sander! He is absolutely adorable :) Hopefully you can get some sleep and enjoy snuggling your new little man!

He is absolutely precious!!! Congratulations! I’ve been thinking of you today. Good job mama! Get all the rest you can.

Congratulations! Hes absolutely adorable! I hope you're able to get some rest after a long day. :hugs:

Thanks everyone! He’s been a super chill baby so far - not super interested in eating and he’s dropped to 6lb 1oz so far, but the midwife said because he’s having wet diapers she’s not too worried about it. He’s had a long nap now so hoping he’ll be up to eating soon. I’m all showered and disconnected from the IV/catheter is out etc. Just waiting to go home in about an hour.

Wanted to share the name announcement pics we took this morning!

9F426FE4-2B92-4E1A-B121-DB1FFB735AE4.jpeg E7624F56-C1DC-4491-92C5-3CA69543DDF5.jpeg

Awwwww little newborn faces are the cutest. I'm sitting at my ob apt right now... it was supposed to be 40 minutes ago... I really hate just waiting. Especially when all she's going to do is measure my fundal height, ask if anything has changed and rush out.

I got my first leg cramp last night though, idk if anyone else gets those in pregnancy but man I forgot how bad they hurt!!

He’s just so precious! He’ll be eating like crazy before you know it. How are you feeling after the cs?

Lisa- That drives me crazy! My OB isn’t bad, but my mfm doctor is always a crazy long wait. Last time I waited about 45 minutes then another 20-30 after the ultrasound waiting for the doctor. I get leg cramps too. It hasn’t been too bad this time, but it happens like once a week.

afm- I had my 36 week OB appointment and first NST. I had my strep B test and they checked me while down there. My cervix is still tightly close. My bp was a bit elevated though so I have to get bloodwork tomorrow. I also have an ultrasound at my mfm tomorrow to check growth, fluid levels, and make sure he turned head down...I’m pretty sure he did though.

She ended up being almost an hour and a half late, it took all my might not to rage or walk out lol. Its whatever though. In two weeks I have another ultrasound to check fluid levels and do an NST.

@Jules8 sorry to hear about your blood pressure being a little high, hopefully it was just because of coffee or something? (Not sure if you drink coffee but mine is always higher than normal when I do)

@Sander hope you're feeling well and settling back in at home with him. Hopefully Thomas is nursing like a champ now!

Oh man I would be so mad too Lisa, an hour and a half is ridiculous. I’ve had long waits but never that long for an appointment - only walk in clinics.

Hoping your bloodwork is ok Jules - you had pre-e with the girls right? At least if it’s anything serious you’re already 36 weeks so baby should be healthy either way!

I’m feeling alright thanks. I forgot we had Tylenol so I was just taking Advil and I’m like why am I so sore this time haha. Found the Tylenol last night and am much better now. Thomas is definitely my most stubborn nurser so far. He isn’t motivated so he’ll get the boob close to his mouth but won’t open, or if he opens he won’t latch, or if he latches he won’t suck. We gave him some formula last night because he wasn’t eating but was so hungry. That helped him sleep, today we’ll tackle the boob again. The midwife is coming over so hopefully she can help us out!

Lisa- I would be livid! At least call people or let people know the schedule is behind. Hopefully it’s better next time.

Sander- I’m glad you’re home and the pain is a minimum. Do what ya gotta do mama. Hopefully the midwife helps. Has your milk come in?

afm: I had my ultrasound at mfm. He’s head down and estimated to be about 7 pounds! Unfortunately my bp is still high so I have to go in Thursday for another NST and blood pressure check. My mfm doctor said to plan on induction early next week!

Wow Jules that’s so exciting!! I think you guys remember they estimated Thomas to be 8lbs at birth and he came out 6.6 so who knows lol. Yay for head down!

Yeah so the midwife came and bam he latched on and had his first real feeding - what a stinker lol. I think my milk is just coming in now so that probably contributed too. Either way I’m thrilled because I know he was barely eating anything so I’m glad he’s figured out the latching now, hopefully he keeps it up. He’s down to 5.13 now, such a tiny guy!

Oh man he is so teeny Sander. Im glad he finally latched for you! Hopefully it keeps up and he stops being stubborn lol. I'm glad you found the tylenol and are feeling better. I really wish they would have told me she was behind when I got there, I would have just come back later instead of having to wait there.

Jules ahhh that's crazy and so quick. You guys make me feel like I'm going to be pregnant for so long. 7lbs would be a good size for 36 weeks! Fingers crossed everything goes well.

Nothing really for me to update, just tired and feeling huge. Still trying to tackle all this stuff with moving and prepping for baby. I still need to wash all the clothes and diapers and figure out a hospital bag... and I keep saying I'm going to register at the hospital but of course I've been putting it off.

Sander- I’m glad he’s doing better. Little stinker! Lol

Lisa- It will be here before you know it.

Yes, I was induced the first time at 39+6 for hypertension and 36 weeks for pre-e. My blood pressure isn’t pre-e high, but more in the hypertension area. They wouldn’t have let me go to 40 weeks no matter what. They said 39 weeks if my bp stayed perfect and 37 if it started to go up, so I knew what was going to happen when it was up on Monday. My induction right now is set to start next Wednesday night, Jan 30th. They’ll get me settled in, but won’t start anything til the early morning on the 31st. So he’s going to be a New Years baby!

Jules, thats actually super cute that you'll get a new years baby. Enjoy the last few days before your induction. Do you have everything ready?

We have bets if he’s going to be born in 2020 or 2021. Lol I have a cousin that was the first baby born in the New Year. I think he’ll be here in the evening of the 31st, but you never know. Lol

We have everything we need, but I have to wash and put it in the bag. We also have to get the car seats in. I decided to make today my last day of work because I already had off til Monday. I’m hoping my bp behaves so we can have a few days after Christmas to get things done.

Thats funny, my family always makes bets on when baby will be born and weights and stuff. I tend to have longer labors though, first was 34 hours second was 18 hours. Fingers crossed its shorter this time too and I get like a 9 hour labor :haha:

Do you have a way to check your bp at home for the next few days? Luckily you dont have too much to do though!

A lot of people said their 3rd births were longer...I refuse to listen to those people. Lol I’m hoping this one is quick! I’ll be over 37 weeks and I’ve already been losing mucous plug over the past day so I’m hoping they just have to nudge me into labor rather than having to do the cervadil. The inducing process was a whole with both, but my active labor was short.

I have to have a bp check and NST tomorrow and Monday at the OB. They did bloodwork too and no signs of pre-e there.

Well thats not what I want to hear jules lol. I may cry if I have another almost 24 hour labor. Really though, 18 hours felt like nothing compared to the 34!!

I never did cervadil with either boys, it was always straight pitocin. I did however get a sweep with collin (not that it did anything lol)

Hope your appointment went well today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->