January & February Beans 2021

Hey everyone! I am still here :) I have been reading along, just haven't had the time to write out a post.

I am so glad to hear things are going so well and it is crazy to be down to a single digit number of weeks for all of us! Technically 10 for me, but they won't let me go that long so more like 8 weeks or less!

I think that after Christmas the time is gonna fly by getting everything out and ready! We are redoing all our floors, plus home schooling the kiddos for now has me super busy!

I have 2 more growth scans scheduled... Monday and January 11th. I see my OB this week and then starting the week of Christmas I go 2x per week for NST.

My last scan was at 27 weeks and both babies weighed exactly 2 pounds! I dont feel them move any where near as much as I did with my single babies... that is my biggest stressor and also make me kind of sad. I love baby kicks :)

I think babies finally have names.... Colson and Macy! Here are their cute little faces from my last scan.

I cant wait to start seeing babies! I will try my best to keep up with the posts. Best wishes ladies ❤

20201210_093101.jpg 20201210_093036.jpg

Ooh look at them RN! So gorgeous, and I love their names :cloud9:

I changed my mind about doing a big Costco shop. I really wanted to but we don’t have a Costco in our town, only in the next one over and they’re in the ‘red zone’ for Covid. I’m all paranoid now because DH is allowed to come but only if he’s not Covid positive obviously. Since there’s only 10 days until baby I think we’ll be avoiding going out until then, I’ll just do Walmart pickup - they stick the groceries right in your trunk and I won’t have to go into a super crowded Costco!

In the meantime just enjoying these last few days and trying to stock up on sleep as best I can :haha:

RN mama- I’m so happy you’re doing well! I love the names.

Sander- I totally don’t blame you. I’m staying as low key as I can for the next few weeks. Our state is pretty much on lockdown other than schools being open and stores being 50% capacity. Everything else inside has to close. Part of me is glad because people are out and about everywhere. I’m praying it helps keep our numbers down.

Thats awesome RN!! They look adorable and the names are super cute!

Sander, I can understand that. Im trying to avoid going out at much as possible right now. However it feels like with moving its making it way harder than it needs to be. SOOOO many boxes and tape runs.

Oh man the joys of moving haha, hopefully though for smaller stuff it’s not too crowded! I went to Shoppers last week to mail a letter and it was PACKED! Luckily we’re done with most errands for now, I might pop into the library but it’s never busy there. Us book nerds must be dying out lol.

I hit full term today and I’m just :sad2: This has been my easiest pregnancy and I’m shocked it’s already basically over. It’s just gone by in the blink of an eye and it makes me kinda sad. Although I will be glad to drink wine again :rofl:

Have you ladies picked out coming home outfits? I actually dug out an outfit my 2nd never wore which is super cute so I’ll use that one!

Oh man I had to go to the post office and it was INSANE. I wanted to walk right back out but I knew no matter what for the next few weeks it would be packed so I might as well get it done.

Im weird I just buy all my books. I hate renting. :dohh: that was actually one of the things that took the longest to pack was our personal library.

I cant lie I will be excited to have a drink again too!

Still haven't picked out an outfit... haven't even packed the hospital bag or registered at the hospital.... I'm so behind on everything lol

Sander- How are you full term already?! It’s crazy how fast time is going now.

They announced yesterday that we’re basically going back to shut down mode for 3 weeks starting tomorrow. Everyone was out today! It took me over an hour to get home and it’s usually a 15-20 minute drive. I’m so glad I did my shopping earlier in the week. I did do a pick up for Target, but went to the one in a less populated area so it wasn’t bad. I also did curbside pick up for pottery the girls are painting for grandparent Christmas presents.

I have a light blue footie for his coming home outfit and a hat. It’s cold here so I wanted something warm and comfy. I have 2 other outfits for the hospital just in case we’re there for a few days. I wanted some boy gowns, but couldn’t find any for a reasonable price. I loved them for the hospital with my girls because it covers their feet, but easy access for diaper changes.

@Jules8 I think her induction day is Sunday!!! Lol I'm so excited for her I'm counting down the days :haha:

Yes Sunday! So like 5 more days \\:D/ I remembered a bunch of stuff I still need for the hospital so I’m like shoot better grab all that :rofl:

Have you guys ever tried adult diapers for postpartum? Game changer. I still have some left from when Emmett was born so am gonna use those. They’re super comfy and they’re not as messy as pads!

5 days?!?! So soon... How exciting!

I havent used the adult diapers before, but plan to this time around!

@Sander YESSSSS. I used them with Collin and just lived in them. It was wonderful and I already bought some more for this time around. They really are a game changer. Much more comfortable than pads.

So exciting! I’m grabbing some for this time around, along with regular big pads. I also have some witch hazel. That stuff helps so much. I know there’s more I’m forgetting, but we’re good on basics for now.

I can second the witch hazel pads - they were the only thing that gave me relief when I had my tear!

I had my 31 week ultrasound yesterday ans both babies are still cozy in the breech position so it looks like I will be having a c section. My OB is not hopeful that little man will turn head down. I have no clue what to expect as my other 2 were vaginal deliveries. Any advice??

Ah sorry about the section if you were hoping for vaginal. If it makes you feel better, my section was awesome. Skipping labour is the best part :rofl: The babies will be born really quickly - I think for me it was under 10 minutes before they put him on my chest. The worst part (for me) was the IV placement cause I have terrible veins!

Afterwards you’ll be sore - I expected like intense pain but it was more like post-ab workout sore. You’ll be slow to move for the first week or two but after that you should feel more and more mobile. My little medication pack was pretty similar to my vaginal birth - Advil, Tylenol, Colace for poop :shock: and I added something that helps pass gas for the section as you can get trapped gas in weird places like your shoulder and it’s painful, so the gas tablets help keep that from building up. They were my favourite to take cause the ones I got are like cherry candies lol.

You will do great! I’m actually quite looking forward to the section as I found it a really positive experience last time.

I’m getting so nervous lol, I’m having a hard time sleeping. Sitting here wondering if they’ll allow me to use nitrous during the spinal placement because it’s freaks me out so bad. I’ve never used nitrous with my other babies but I’ve heard good things - just not sure if they usually have that available in the OR?

Tomorrow is the big day, so today DH is taking the day off - he’s making a big brunch and we’re going to spend the day with the kids. Have to do some last minute preparing, make sure my bag is packed and I’m going to wash all the sheets, do a last minute laundry check etc.

Can’t believe my little guy will be here tomorrow :brat::cloud9:

Thats nice though that you'll get to spend the day together! Is your section scheduled for the morning?

I was the same way with my induction last time. I could NOT sleep. I did my makeup, curled my hair, and cleaned the entire house. I needed something to keep me busy cause I was so excited and anxious. I remember waking up hubby and being like alright its time to go and he was like the alarm hasn't even gone off yet. :haha:

Thats nice though that you'll get to spend the day together! Is your section scheduled for the morning?

I was the same way with my induction last time. I could NOT sleep. I did my makeup, curled my hair, and cleaned the entire house. I needed something to keep me busy cause I was so excited and anxious. I remember waking up hubby and being like alright its time to go and he was like the alarm hasn't even gone off yet. :haha:

Yes it’s at 9am! I have to go in at 7 and my aunt is coming at 6:30 to watch the kids. I’m sure I’ll sleep horribly which sucks considering it’s my last night of uninterrupted sleep lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->