January & February Beans 2021

Hopefully it’s not true for either of us! Lol The first time I was induced they broke my water then started pitocin. I was 39+5 weeks and already 6ish cm dilated so I didn’t need much. My second they had to do the cervidil because I was only 36 weeks. It wasn’t too bad though. Who knows how this one will go. I’ve never had it scheduled, both times before I was sent over right from an appointment.

My appointment went ok. My bp is still high, but not higher than it was. The lady doing my NST had a lot of trouble. The chair is so awkward and she had me laying in a weird position on my side while she held the monitor on. It took a while to get what they needed. I go back on Monday.

Oh wow! I was 41w with my first and only like 3cm. And 39w with my second and 2cm. Both were scheduled. I wish I had been 6cm lol maybe it would have gone by faster. They waited to break my water both times until after I had dilated more.

Hopefully you're bp stays the same or goes down so that little boy can keep cooking, but at least you'll be at 37 weeks by Monday and thats really good either way!

I hope everyone had a good Christmas!!!

I also have very long labors! 36 hours with my daughter and 18 hours with my son.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

I had my first NST on Wednesday and now go 2x per week. I think that in itself is going to make time fly by!

Thanks Jules, it was nice. Exhausting and I was pretty bah humbug all day but the kids had a great time and of course were excited so that made me smile. I even took two naps on Christmas :haha: I have been so dang tired the last week.

RNmama I hope yours was good too! Have they given you a time frame of when they want to deliver the twins or are they just playing it by ear?

The tired is for sure catching up with me now! I work as a nurse on a busy hospital floor and the 12 hour shifts really take a toll on me She said she won't let me go past 38 weeks so sometime around the 3rd of February! We have Christmas with my husband's family on January 2nd... I am regretting saying we could do it at our house because I want to take down all my Christmas stuff and get the baby stuff out and set up.

I am kind of hoping these babies come around 37 weeks. Idk if my back can make it to 38 weeks lol

Glad everyone had a good Christmas!

Thats exciting! And I totally get it lol I took down the Christmas stuff today and set up the swing. I feel like I've been hoping for an earlier delivery too. Between being huge this time and in pain I'm just ready to meet the little guy. Not to mention I start clinicals the 20th of January so I'll be huge and doing 12 hour shifts at the hospital. (I really dont know how you've been doing it this entire time!)

RNmama- Long shifts like that are super rough. I can imagine it’s even more tough when you’re carrying two babies! Are they pretty accommodating about giving you breaks to rest?

Lisa- I’m glad you had a nice Christmas. Two Christmas naps are a great gift! Lol I feel exhausted too, but also know I have so much to do so I’m just pushing myself along.

afm- I have my last OB appointment and NST tomorrow. I’m supposed to be done work, but my bosses are in denial that I’m leaving and didn’t even check in with me on my last day so I now have to reach out to them tomorrow so I know certain things are taken care of. I’m so nervous about the mess and amount of work I’ll be coming back to. After that I just have to wash clothes, pack the rest of the bag, and my husband is doing the car seats. I can’t believe he’ll be here in a few days! I’m trying so hard not to be nervous, but I am.

Hey jules hope your appointment went well today!! Almost baby day for you!

Appointment went great! My bp was completely normal, neg for strep B, and 1cm dilated/50% effaced. I still have some things to do, but spending some time just relaxing and snuggling the girls. My 4 year old is very anxious that I’m going to the hospital...breaks my mama heart so extra snuggles are necessary. I can’t believe I have 1 more sleep til I’m induced!

Jules thats great! I hope my gbs comes back negative this time. I know being hooked up to abx isn't the worst but then at least its one less thing id need to think about.

Hope you're enjoying the snuggles! I was getting some pretty good lazy snuggles earlier today as well. Hope you have a smooth induction and labor! Can't wait to see more baby pictures!

So exciting Jules!! Can’t wait to see baby :)

RN you are a super mama, I can’t imagine how uncomfortable it must be to carry twins.

Lisa hoping your gbs is negative!

As for us, Thomas is eating much better now. Wanted to share some family pics we had done before the province went on lockdown

7C8A5C62-5531-4B31-8D69-B240358868C8.jpeg A78E6977-7850-4687-8EB4-663C285D9090.jpeg 89199E55-68C7-445A-8C60-76A35B49EC0B.jpeg 6F87D9D0-F52A-4B27-819F-22851268C36F.jpeg

I cant believe that ladies in this group are already having their babies I feel like it went by so fast!

Best of luck today Jules!

Sander those pictures are so good! You have a perfect family :)

As for me... I have 3 more weeks on the schedule so 9 shifts! I think I can do it lol but the back pain is real. My 6 year old also decided he can't sleep at night so that has been ROUGH!

Lisa- I was positive the first 2 pregnancies and negative this one so there’s hope. I totally understand about wanting less things to be hooked up to.
Sander- I love those pictures!!! You have a beautiful family.
RNmama- Time will fly by! I hope your 6 year old settles, could be a leap or growth spurt. It’s also a full moon week.

afm- I’m here and settled. Still the same as yesterday so they put in the cervidil and hopefully it does it’s thing overnight. My bp was a little high when I got here so they’re monitoring that and baby hb for now. It’s been normal once I got settled and relaxed.

Jules- hope all is going well and baby is here soon!

My son slept for about 11 straight hours last night so that was a huge relief. Like you said, hopefully just a stage he is working through.

Oh sander those pictures are wonderful!

Jules I hope your labor is getting along well and if you've already delivered that you and baby are doing well!

RN I feel your pain. Lol ever since we moved my 5yo hasn't been sleeping well. Usually hes out with no problem come bedtime however lately he's up until 11 tossing and turning and still up by 7. (He's a kid who usually sleeps from 8pm to 7am) I'm glad your kiddo finally got some decent sleep though!

Gabriel John. 7pds11oz 19.5 inches born 12/31/20 @8:20ishpm

Induction went pretty good. We hit a few bumps towards the end, but overall positive. He latched and ate within a few minutes after birth. We did skin to skin for over an hour. My bp is being annoying so they gave me some meds.Hopefully it comes down and stays down soon so I can be unhooked.

E547F2DE-FAB7-474F-B25B-04F04B2FC03E.jpeg

Ooooooh sweet chubby cheeks. Congratulations!! I hope your blood pressure agrees soon so they can take out your IV. Get some rest and happy new year mama!

Congrats Jules! He is so perfect. Good luck with your blood pressure and enjoy all those baby snuggles!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->