January & February Beans 2021

Sander, im sorry to hear about your great grandmother but I actually understand your feelings. My great grandmother will be 93 on Valentines day and as much as it would hurt for her to pass I know she's been in pain for the last few years.

Are you US or somewhere else? I cannot imagine things being that shut down.. though I kind of wish they would. Were averaging over 2k new cases a day in our city.

Hey rolla! Nice to see you! Ive been going through the emotional Rollercoaster too. :haha: Its not necessarily to help put you into labor but I've heard curb walking can help to get baby to further engage. Ive also heard eating dried dates can help shorten labor but who knows! I cant imagine being pregnant in the summer. I was with my first and it was horrid. However my one complaint about having a winter baby for the first time is that its sooooo hard trying to put my socks on.

Oh yes I had heard that dates can help, will start that aswell

Ohhh that would be horrible having to put on sock everyday

I thought I had turned on notifications for this thread then realized it's linked to my old email ‍♀️ so hopefully I can stay more active over the next few weeks

Lisa we are in Ontario. I feel like it’s a bit much as Ontario is really big geographically, so they put the whole province on lockdown because the large cities like Toronto are seeing spikes, but in a smaller city like where we are, things aren’t bad. I’m probably just extra cranky about it because the weather is getting too cold for me to take the kids out so we’re having major cabin fever!

Rolla I had DH do this foot massage with my first and my water broke the next day - I was also like 39+ weeks though so who knows lol. It was supposed to stimulate labour by pressure points or something. If you google it you can see how to do it!

Sander- that sounds good even to just get a foot massage regardless if it puts me into labour or not I've been seeing a pregnancy masseuse and she said she will do all the pressure points for me at 39 weeks so hopefully that does something :p

Ooooh man I've been wanting a foot massage so bad. I'm going to go get a pedicure next week I think (I do it before birth every time). I really only do it for the foot massage.

Sander, I totally get it. Its been gloomy here the last week and as much as I want to go outside I also really just don't want to deal with the wind and no sun. Yeah I get the whole small city vs big city thing. Its interesting that they do lockdown for the entire province and not just cities.

RN- So exciting you have a date! It’ll be here before you know it.

Rolla- With my first I tried everything. Clary sage, nipple stimulation, dates, tea, bounced on my ball, walked, dtd, and this crazy chocolate cake everyone in my group at that time suggested...it’s called labor cake. Lol I didn’t go into full blown labor, however, I did get to 6 cm without realizing it. Not sure if that was any of the things I did or just my body. It’s fun trying though.
sander- Being locked down is rough. We just came out of a strict lockdown. Though, it’s so cold we can’t do anything anyway. I can’t wait for spring!

Lisa- a pedicure sounds so nice. Treat yo self mama!

Afm- 3 kids is exhausting. Lol It didn’t help that I had to take him to the hospital every day last week for lab work. I ended up driving him myself because it was too much with everyone going. Only one person could go in so they had to sit in the car. My doctor wasn’t thrilled but said it was ok. With the pandemic we haven’t had visitors so that’s weird.I feel like I had the baby and bam...back to normal. We’re getting our groove though. He’s a pretty chill baby so far.(knock on wood. Lol

Hey jules, hope your little ones jaundice has cleared up!

I did some curb walking last week and went from a fingertip and soft to 3cm and 60% effaced. Like jules said no idea if it was the walking and ball bouncing or just my body but ill take it either way lol.

I keep saying I'm gonna get a pedicure but man I also really dont want to be in a confined space like that either. Uhg I hate feeling so conflicted about it.

Oh man Jules why did he need so much lab work? We never got Thomas’ newborn hearing screening done so I have to bring him in next week and I’m like one appointment is so much let alone a whole week of appointments!

Lisa yay for 3cm!! I’m so excited for you!

We just had the announcement that we’re getting full on lockdown on Thursday. It’s really confusing though - like it says we can’t go out for non essential reasons but non essential businesses are open with reduced hours?? I don’t understand lol. Tomorrow I’m going to deliver all the books for the book club I have going with some friends, and Wednesday we’re picking up some more fish for our fish tank - then Thursday is lockdown. Trying to get all these errands done beforehand. It sucks because I took the kids to the park for the first time in ages the other day and they had such a great time, but all the parks will closed now. It sucks because the lockdown is for the whole province but where we are Covid isn’t really that prevalent.

Lisa- Yay for progress!

Sander- That stinks. It’s all confusing everywhere!

We had to do the bloodwork to check his bili levels to make sure they were going down everyday and an appointment on top of that at the doctor every other day. I was thankful it wasn’t too bad and he didn’t have to be in the hospital, but all the traveling right after giving birth wasn't ideal. His jaundice is good now though so we don’t have to do it anymore, thank goodness.

Had another apt today, still 3cm. Induction is set for next Thursday!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Quick update for me... c section is scheduled for 2/1! Worked my last shift yesterday and will finish getting everything ready tomorrow. Then a week to relax.

Starting to get nervous!!

So exciting to hear you guys!! Can’t wait to see your gorgeous babies :)

Who's still hanging in there?
Midwife tried doing a stretch and sweep yesterday but she said my cervix is still long and firm which is super disappointing as I've been doing alot of stuff that's suppose to help prepare me so I thought by 40weeks it would atleast have been starting to soften. Had a bit of bloody discharge after which she said is normal seen she was pushing around up there quite hard to try and get in the cervix. But this morning I had quite a bit of brown mucusy discharge. Could this be part of my plus coming away? Never had my plug noticably come out with my other 2 kids so it's all new to me. Hoping it is and something happens this week otherwise Beginning of next week they will induce me as they don't want me over 41weeks this time.
Hope all your bubba's are doing well and you mummas are recovering well after your labour's xx

I am still hanging in there! I have a growth scan on Thursday and then baby day on Monday :) I have had a large amount of clear mucous twice over the last week, but thats it. No other labor signs which is fine with me because if I have to have a c section I want it to be planned out. Hang in there babies lol

With my son I had some brown mucous after both my membrane sweeps. He did finally come on his own a few days later so fingers crossed for you!

I get some red/brown mucous after cervix checks. I feel like the mucous plug is pretty noticeable. Its really thick from my experience. Like a thicker harder booger.

I'm still hanging out. I had my last apt on Monday and was still a 3 (she said stretchy three but I think that was to make me feel better lol) keep going through my dang bag to make sure I have what I want/need... I'm trying not to bring the kitchen sink but I've always been an overpacker. This time I told myself I only get one bag so I'm hoping I dont regret not bringing anything.

Collin is so excited to meet his little brother that he just keeps asking when this weekend he'll be born and I just keep saying I'm not 100% sure lol. Chance seems pretty indifferent on it.

Lisa- tomorrow is the big day, right? I am an over packer too so that is a struggle lol I made myself stick to my condensed list, but there is still 5 days to add more :)

I am glad Collin is so excited! My kids ask how many more days, but that's about all I get. I dont think they quite understand how much is about to change lol

What are the mask rules for your induction? I have been told we gave to wear a mask anytime there is a staff member in the room which means the whole time we are meeting the babies. It makes me really sad. I dont want that to be how they see us for the first time.

Rolla- any labor symptoms since you membrane sweep?

@RNMama23 they actually haven't told me anything about the mask. I assume it's the same though. 28 hours until I have to be at the hospital. It feels so surreal! I cannot wait to meet this little guy. I think Chance knows how much its going to change and that exactly why he isn't as excited as Collin is :haha:

I was having some on and off contractions last night so hopefully thats a good sign that he's getting ready too. I usually don't feel my contractions but I woke up at 3 and 5 to them. I am so curious how this labor is going to go. My last two labors were so different from each other.

No real symptoms for me since sweep sadly. Went and got accupuncture 2 days ago, didn't do anything but was relaxing to get away so that was good.
Starting to get super emotional bout being over seen I had done so much prep to try and help my body go early.

My lower abdomen has alot of pressure all day today but I'm trying to not read too much into it

Lisa- hope all went well with welcoming baby Colton!

Rolla- always nice to get away and relax! Sorry baby isn't coming on their own. When will they induce you? Miseravle going over due :/

As for me, build a bear with the kiddos today and then hopefully doing a lot of nothing tomorrow before heading to the hospital on Monday. Getting very anxious!

Hopefully the will induce me on Tuesday. Monday is a public holiday here so assuming they won't do it then. So that's only 2 more sleeps, not that I can hardly sleep atm anyway, seem to be tireder when I wake than when I go to bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->