January & February Beans 2021

I hope everyone is doing well! I had my second ultrasound since they couldn’t see anything last week. There’s now a little bean and a strong heartbeat! So crazy how much changes in a week. My official due date is January 18th!
Amazing! Congratulations lovely x

Here’s a bit of a random question ... with my first I had awful morning sickness, at one point I couldn’t get out of bed for about a week, kept nothing down, and it lasted til I was over 20 weeks but I can’t remember how far along I was when it kicked in. Now this time round I’ve been nauseous but not unbearably so, and certainly haven’t actually been sick as yet. So my question is probably posed more towards those of you who’ve had previous pregnancies, at what point did your morning sickness really kick in? I want to try and prepare (perhaps a very silly idea) for when I might not be able to cover up my symptoms from my daughter. I figure that’s the point we announce our pregnancy to her as she’ll worry about me not being well. If we can we were going to wait until our booking in Appt with midwife on 19th or first scan which would likely be around 6 weeks from now.

With my first I was sick starting around 9 weeks, with my 2nd and this one it started early, around 4.5/5 weeks :)

With my first I was sick starting around 9 weeks, with my 2nd and this one it started early, around 4.5/5 weeks :)
Thanks Sander. Might seem an odd thing to wish for but think I’d feel strangely reassured with stronger symptoms that align more with previous pregnancy

Here’s a bit of a random question ... with my first I had awful morning sickness, at one point I couldn’t get out of bed for about a week, kept nothing down, and it lasted til I was over 20 weeks but I can’t remember how far along I was when it kicked in. Now this time round I’ve been nauseous but not unbearably so, and certainly haven’t actually been sick as yet. So my question is probably posed more towards those of you who’ve had previous pregnancies, at what point did your morning sickness really kick in? I want to try and prepare (perhaps a very silly idea) for when I might not be able to cover up my symptoms from my daughter. I figure that’s the point we announce our pregnancy to her as she’ll worry about me not being well. If we can we were going to wait until our booking in Appt with midwife on 19th or first scan which would likely be around 6 weeks from now.

In my previous pregnancies I had mild nausea til about 15ish weeks then it subsided. I feel like it’s worse this time, but still manageable for the time being. I’m hoping It’ll subside by then. It’s usually until you’re placenta takes over and the hormones level off, but everyone is different,

Hey guys! I had a scan today, didnt expect to see much as I should only be around 5w2d. I was measuring 5w4d/5w5d no fetal pole. She said it was looking good though. Shes going to have me start on baby aspirin and took bloods for a progesterone level check. Next scan got changed from the 22nd to the 17th. I'm just glad we have a sac where it's supposed to be and now I wont be panicking so much about the random cramps on my right side.

ETA still no yolk sac either so trying not to get too excited

Last edited:
Great news Lisa! Your next scan is a couple of weeks from now right? I’m sure you’ll see a lovely heartbeat by then :)

Great news Lisa! Your next scan is a couple of weeks from now right? I’m sure you’ll see a lovely heartbeat by then :)

Yeah two weeks exactly. Hopefully well have a heartbeat and be measuring around 7 and a half weeks.

They called me back this morning to let me know my progesterone levels are looking good so far too! I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed this is my sticky bean.

They called me back this morning to let me know my progesterone levels are looking good so far too! I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed this is my sticky bean.
Love, luck and prayers with you xxx

Great news Lisa :)

Ahhh my SneakPeek results are gonna be in today, they sent me an email that said it’ll be ready in 4-8 hours =D> I dunno what it’s gonna say lol. I’m not confident that I didn’t mess it up

Great news Lisa :)

Ahhh my SneakPeek results are gonna be in today, they sent me an email that said it’ll be ready in 4-8 hours =D> I dunno what it’s gonna say lol. I’m not confident that I didn’t mess it up

Ooooh that's exciting sander! You have to let us know!!!

My test results came back boy! I full on cried when I found out my older 2 were boys, but this time I didn’t cry so I’m considering it a win lol. This is our last baby so it is disappointing to know we won’t have a girl, but I love my boys and I know I’ll love this one just as much.

I know the SneakPeek tests is easily contaminated especially if you have boys already - and apparently you aren’t supposed to take the test in the bathroom (??) which I didn’t know until afterwards. Anyhow there’s a chance it’s wrong but at least this way I feel like I won’t be disappointed at the 16 week ultrasound because I’ll be fully expecting/prepared for a boy - but if it happens to be wrong it’ll be a nice surprise.

Anyhow I’m actually feeling a lot better than I thought I would! I would change the result if I could, but since I can’t I’ll just get excited about one more little guy in our house :)

I totally get it @Sander I had serious gender disappointment with my second. And with my first I knew it was a boy I only got disappointed because the tech said girl and then 20 minutes later at the end of the scan he said ooop theres a penis I lied its a boy. -.- like come on man. This time I'll be expecting a boy to be honest but it would be awesome if it's a girl. I'm deffinately worried if it is a boy I'll experience gender disappointment again. I felt so guilty and took weeks to get over the fact he wasnt a she lol. I couldn't imagine not being a boy mom now though. Sorry if that's a little all over the place, seems like my brains been super scattered lately.

I totally get it @Sander I had serious gender disappointment with my second. And with my first I knew it was a boy I only got disappointed because the tech said girl and then 20 minutes later at the end of the scan he said ooop theres a penis I lied its a boy. -.- like come on man. This time I'll be expecting a boy to be honest but it would be awesome if it's a girl. I'm deffinately worried if it is a boy I'll experience gender disappointment again. I felt so guilty and took weeks to get over the fact he wasnt a she lol. I couldn't imagine not being a boy mom now though. Sorry if that's a little all over the place, seems like my brains been super scattered lately.

Oh that’s so mean the tech said girl and then changed it!! That would have made me mental lol. No I totally get you. I don’t know why I wasn’t as upset this time - maybe I don’t 100% believe it yet :haha: I think I was so sure my 2nd was going to be a girl that when they said boy I was stunned. This time I honestly expected it and so it wasn’t such a shock to the system

Well baby is all good in there - heart rate is 177, still growing etc. They saw the bleed they said it’s small and near my cervix so it’s not going to affect the baby but I might bleed more or it might just get reabsorbed. Glad to have some answers!

D25119FC-5217-4681-B94A-7CF19D33D16F.jpeg

@Sander I'm glad everything is looking good and they were able to give you some answers! Look at your little peanut, too cute!

Love your scan pic!! Feel like I’ve got a long wait til we’ll be offered one (usually at 12 weeks and I’m 6w) not good with patience haha!!

Love your scan pic!! Feel like I’ve got a long wait til we’ll be offered one (usually at 12 weeks and I’m 6w) not good with patience haha!!

If you say you’re not 100% sure when your last period was they’ll give one to you between 7 and 9 weeks :p My cycles are always so irregular that I’ve always gotten a dating scan

The smell nausea is hitting me today and I'm so tired I could sleep for 18 hours if work would let me. (I've been sleeping like 12-14 already lol) I almost barfed at the smell of cheese and ham when I made the kids lunch. I've had slight smell aversions once or twice so far but nothing bad enough to make me gag until today. So I'm going to take that as a good sign lol. Also I'm just not hungry, nothing sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->