January & February Beans 2021

Sander- Look at your little peanut! So cute! I don’t have 2 boys, but I have 2 girls. I wanted and thought my second would be a boy, but knew deep down it would probably be a girl and she was. This time I’m fully accepting I’ll have another girl and convincing myself all the good things about having 3 kids of the same gender..like lots of hand me downs. I also think after having 2 of the same gender it’s like why not one more?
Lisa- I’ve been the same way. Nothing sounds good, but I do try to eat something when the nausea isn’t bad at certain points of the day. I know it’s a good sign things are going well, but I’m already ready for the nausea part to be over. Lol

I was so tired and nauseous today. I wish I could just sleep, but I’m on-call for work and have had lots of call offs lately. Sigh! Is it too early to wish it was maternity leave already? Lol

I think it’s a bit of an adjustment for anyone to accept that they’ll never experience a boy/a girl! But you’re right Jules, there are lots of benefits to having them be all the same. I’m feeling the same way, I already have 2 - what’s one more :rofl:

I was thinking maybe it would be a girl this time because my tests got super dark super fast, and we tried Shettles method. We only DTD once and 3 full days before O. I’m still kind of hoping I just contaminated my blood sample haha. It does make me feel better that DH is a little put out this time too. With both the boys he wanted boys first so I was the only one who was disappointed. This time he was hoping for a girl too so it’s nice to not be the only one wanting it.

Anyways I’m really trying to savour everything about this pregnancy because I know it’s my last one, and boy or girl this will be my last little newborn and I’m really excited to meet them no matter what they are!

If you say you’re not 100% sure when your last period was they’ll give one to you between 7 and 9 weeks :p My cycles are always so irregular that I’ve always gotten a dating scan
Good to know tbh my cycles have always been all over the place, might drop that in at our booking in Appt

How’s everyone doing?

I’m finally feeling like the nausea is easing up. I feel like I don’t have much of an appetite, but I’m not feeling like I’m on the verge of barfing all the time either haha. Still tired, taking a nap with my boys every day :haha:

Should be getting a call from my midwife soon - I still haven’t had an appointment for this pregnancy. Just the ultrasounds. I don’t mind, it’s just weird not to see anyone for so long!

Sanders- I’ll send some girl dust your way just in case. lol My husband wants all girls so he’s been putting that out in the universe.

My nausea has been terrible. I felt ok all day then we had meatball sandwiches and I guess the sauce triggered it. I’m always exhausted so I don’t notice too much of a difference. I have an almost 2 year old girl who has never slept a full night in her life. She’s been better about sleeping, but takes forever to get to bed and shuffles all night long. She’s in our room so I can’t ignore it...of course hubby never hears her. I have to figure out how we’re going to move her into her sisters room before the baby comes. The crib won’t fit because we have slanted ceilings and I know she’s not ready for a regular bed.

Lisa- I’ve been the same way. Nothing sounds good, but I do try to eat something when the nausea isn’t bad at certain points of the day. I know it’s a good sign things are going well, but I’m already ready for the nausea part to be over. Lol

I was so tired and nauseous today. I wish I could just sleep, but I’m on-call for work and have had lots of call offs lately. Sigh! Is it too early to wish it was maternity leave already? Lol

Hahaha, I totally get it as much as I wish I wasn't nauseous I am glad that I am. I actually skipped lunch today, well I had a tiny bag of veggie straws but that was it. && I never skip lunch lol I love food but I just have no felt hungry/nothing has sounded good all day. I don't think its too early to wish for maternity leave, matter of fact I wish there were "hey this baby is making me want to yarf" days specifically for the first trimester :lol:

@Sander I am doing okay, extremely tired but havent been able to nap.. Hungry but nothing smells good. lol living the glory of the first trimester. Also, we kind of did shettles method as well this time. Thats one of the reasons I was so sure I wouldn't get pregnant. We dtd two days before O (lol going by shettles wasn't actually the plan but hey if I get a girl I won't complain!) \\:D/

Oh Jules that is brutal - my son just turned 2 and he also tosses and turns all night but he’s not in our room. Is the ceiling just slanted at the sides? Like could you put a crib up against the far wall or are all the sides low? I get it - my son isn’t ready for a toddler bed yet either, I’m sure he’d escape and run all over the room instead of sleeping :wacko:

Nausea has hit like a tonne of bricks this morning. Dry heaving is not fun. :sick: Plus I’m shattered all day. - I know I wished for it before :tease:
I remember the sleepless nights very clearly, I think my daughter was nearly 5 by the time she regularly slept through and I could probably count on one hand the number of nights she slept through before she was 3/4... but now nothing wakes her!

Sander- We rent a farm house built in 1819 so the upstairs is basically the attic. The steps go into the girls room so we have to gate off a good chunk of space because I worry about the steep steps. I’m going to get one of those trundle beds so the underneath bed can be pushed in during the day so they have space to play. Our room is huge and the crib/nursery is its own little nook. It’s going to be super tight once baby comes, but we have a 2 year plan to buy a house and don’t want to move again before that. Plus we won’t find anywhere to rent with the privacy and outside space we have now.

Rae- Sorry about the nausea. Lollipops and sips of something that isn’t water helps when it’s really bad.

Anyone getting any weird cravings? I’ve been craving fruit and sandwiches. So glad it’s summertime! I’ve been eating tomato sandwiches and lots of strawberries.

Sorry about your nausea Rae :(

Jules wow your house is older than ours! We bought our first place last January and it’s from 1867. We like it but it’s a 2 bedroom and we’re about to have 3 kids in here :shock: We’d like to move but now with COVID etc it’s tricky, plus we aren’t approved for a very big mortgage so unless we want to move to somewhere like New Brunswick or Nova Scotia it will be hard for us to buy anything bigger in Ontario. It’s tough cause DH and I were born and raised in BC so this was already a big move for us, but I have some extended family here - if we moved farther east we would know literally no one. Anyways, for now the 3 kids can cram into one room haha

How is everyone feeling today? I had a bad nausea day yesterday but it’s a lot better today. Seems to be coming and going now so hopefully it’s on it’s way out [-o<

Speaking of cravings I went to the store, stood in line etc just so I could get a particular frozen pizza for lunch lol. I also made DH go out to get me hot wings last week. With both my other pregnancies I ate so bad, I totally craved junk food where normally I’m not huge into eating out. This time it’s a bit more random, but I have noticed with the nausea being worse this time around I haven’t felt like eating at all. But when I do want to eat - it’s like give me all the food :rofl: I was going to try and be better with this baby but I’m like eh it’s my last pregnancy so I better just enjoy it!

I’m so anxious a friend of mine lost her baby around 5 weeks and she was due the day after me. I haven’t told her about the baby yet, but I have to do it soon since we’re getting ready to make an announcement to everyone and I need to tell her beforehand. I wrote out a message in my phone that I think I’ll send tonight. I feel so bad I was so hoping they would conceive again quickly so it would be easier for her to hear :(

Thanks for the tips. I’ve been drinking juice and nibbling rice cakes. I want all the carbs haha!
Sander that sounds like a difficult balancing act. I bet your friend will be thrilled for you but will probably have a mix of emotions tied in with her loss. I’m sure if you give her space to process and be ready to speak with her when she’s ready it will all be ok. Love x

Sander- I feel like we’re living the same pregnancy! I’ve had hot wings the past 2 Saturdays because a little restaurant by us has wing specials on Saturday. I went to the store today just to make some dill chicken salad and watermelon water I was craving. It’s so weird that some days or hours during the day I’m so nauseous and can’t touch anything then I get ravenous and want to eat everything. Ohhhh pregnancy. Lol Our whole top floor is just split into 2 for the bedrooms. I think the girls bedroom was actually the study then our bathroom and part of our living room downstairs was the other bedroom. We still have the original shed and outhouse out back. Our landlords use the farm to grow corn, wheat, and soybeans for their chickens. They live a couple miles away and don’t bother us at all, I actually forget about them sometimes. There is one other house on the property, but they do their own thing too. They have a horse that the girls get to pet, we have a lot of outside space, and I love that I get to enjoy a farm without having to do any of the farming. It’s going to be a tight fit, but I don’t want to settle for something cheap in an area we don’t want to be in.

I’m sorry about your friend. I hope she gets her rainbow soon.❤️

Rae- I hope the juice and rice cakes help a little.

Have you guys told anyone yet? I’m terrible at secrets and have told quite a few people since I’m not doing a social media announcement for a while, I’m actually thinking about waiting til we know the gender. I don’t know why, but I’m just more nervous with covid and the protesting. I’ve been taking a step back from social media a bit because people have been getting nasty. The last important people we have to tell is my in-laws, which we’re hoping we can tell this weekend. When I had Luella they told everyoneeee that we were done and good with two. My husband is basically an only child and they had money while he was growing up so he was spoiled. They don’t get why we would want a big family because that means we have to budget and do without things. I’m really praying they don’t get upset, because I don’t want any negativity.

Jules I hope they can just be happy for you and share your joy. Sometimes the anticipation is worse than doing it.
Xx

Lol Jules glad we can share the hot wings craving :rofl:

Sounds like your property is awesome, I’d love to be in a place like that. Right now our house is sandwiched between 2 other houses, if I stand in the walkway between them I can’t even fully extend my arms, the neighbours are that close lol. Also means we don’t have any parking so we have to use the street parking which can get crazy busy :wacko:

I told my friend last night, she was actually really good about it. I felt so bad when she was asking when I was due and if we were trying, because I know they’ve been trying since February and we were just NTNP. Anyways, I’m glad to have told her because now I can get ready to tell everyone else. We’re thinking of doing it next weekend on Instagram - I also have a lot of worry about telling people. The problem is my dad will blab it to everyone so I can’t tell him until I’m ready to tell the world. That’s why I want to make it public soon because I’d really like my dad to know. My last 2 pregnancies I told everyone at 9+10 weeks so this is the longest I’ve waited!

I get it Jules I feel like people will judge us for having a third and during a pandemic ](*,) I think that even though people might have their own opinions about it that most will just congratulate you and keep it to themselves. Plus it’s not their life! Personally I don’t understand how people can be so nasty - like it doesn’t even affect you!

Hey everyone!

I am dipping my toes in to say hello. I am 4 weeks today... so just barely pregnant. This will be our third and last baby.

I will be due around February 17th.

I cant wait to get to know everyone :)

When did you ladies stop testing??

20200610_052546.jpg

Welcome RNMama and congrats!!

I always test until I’m sure my cheapies can’t possibly get any darker :rofl: maybe around 5 weeks

What # baby is this for you RN? Just guessing from your username that it’s not your first :)

Also I wanted to share this with you guys because I found it so interesting - I watched a YouTube video on someone’s SneakPeek test being wrong and she linked a couple of articles regarding the science of why they can be so inaccurate. So apparently, a large majority of women who have had children carry that fetal DNA with them for the rest of their lives! They did some study on Danish women and 70% of them had Y chromosomes in their blood. They say you can keep the Y chromosomes from male pregnancies, or even if you have an older brother - your mother could have passed some Y chromosomes to you in utero. It was so crazy to read about but it’s a real thing! Anyways lol, now I’m even less sure about my results :rofl:

Welcome RN I saw you get your positive in the tww group! I tested last week at 6w.... just because before that I tested at my 5w day.... I'll probably test again this week when I hit 7w.... I know its probably not the best choice but I'm weird.

Hey everyone!

I am dipping my toes in to say hello. I am 4 weeks today... so just barely pregnant. This will be our third and last baby.

I will be due around February 17th.

I cant wait to get to know everyone :)

When did you ladies stop testing??

View attachment 1082684

Welcome!! I tested until almost 6 weeks off and on just to make sure something was still happening in there. Then the nausea kicked in and I didn’t need any more convincing :)

Had my first scan today at 8 weeks. The doctor could not find the baby on the ultrasound so she sent me right over to the hospital to have another scan done. The tech immediately (literally - within 20 seconds) found the baby and a strong heartbeat. I was sobbing. My doctor really put me through a scare today. But I’m just so thankful everything turned out well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->