January Jellybeans 2013!...

The Australian hold is where mum lays back / reclines and baby lays on his tummy, so you are tummy to tummy, hence mummy is 'down under'. I've done 2 feeds in this position today and the difference in him is unbelievable! No fighting, thrashing or screaming! It was a bit tricky the first time but got there in a few minutes and worth persisting with.

I don't know if this happens to everyone but if Jake takes a suck or 2 and pulls of, my milk is literally spurting out everywhere, at force. It happened when I tried to express, it had only completed 1 'suck' and I didn't think I had it quite centered so stopped it but milk spurted all over the floor and me, and when I take my bra off milk just runs down me. Is that normal?

For all these BFing questions, there is also a BFing support thread on here.

Also, on FB there is a page called "The Leaky B@@b" which posts Q&A about BFing questions. Like them and fire away with a private question on their wall and they will likely post it for answers from everyone else on FB!

Ah the australian hold is obviously the reclining one I was told about.

I sprayed poor Eva in the face while feeding in public the other day. Very embarrassing, but luckily I dont think snyone but eva noticed.

I've still not been brave enough to do it in public yet, I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon! Does everyone just flop one out or do you use some kind of sling/ cover?

I have only done it once while I was having coffee with the mums from my ante- natal class and some of thr others were feeding too so I didnt feel too self conscious. I wore a vest top I could pull down and a loose top I could pull up so not much was on show, plus babies head covers the rest.

I don't know if this happens to everyone but if Jake takes a suck or 2 and pulls of, my milk is literally spurting out everywhere, at force. It happened when I tried to express, it had only completed 1 'suck' and I didn't think I had it quite centered so stopped it but milk spurted all over the floor and me, and when I take my bra off milk just runs down me. Is that normal?

Haha my 8 year old has now named my boobs my "squirt guns" because this happens so often with me!!

I haven't been brave enough for public yet either... I know I'll have to eventually!

I use a "hooter hider" it's great with a piece that holds it outward so you look and make eye contact with the baby

I feed her in a breastfeeding support group but all the other ladies have their boobies out, too. I did feed her in the mother/baby room at BabiesRUs the other day but there was nobody else in there.

I kinda wish I just got it over with because I think I have made a bigger deal of it in my mind than it actually is. I have an Udder Cover I plan on using when the time comes. Depends on where I am and what I am wearing, but if I don't have to use it I won't.

I have a couple covers that I've used when my dad is over but I find them awkward to use and Oliver doesn't seem to like being covered...

Melly - I have a cover that you're welcome to have seeing as I'm not bf. Free to a loving home as they say. Let me know and I'll pop it in the post x

I'm not really too worried about BF in public when out and about, it's more when I'm with individuals that I can tell feel awkward about it but would never say anything (e.g. FIL). I've had people start talking to me and not even notice I was feeding the baby for more than 5 mins!

Elsie seems to be sick :( Emergency drs today for us as this will be her fourth day of diarrhoea. Sorry for TMI, but it's literally just slightly dirty coloured water. Her nappies just end up looking wet & slightly grey & there was a little blood there tonight. I'm really worried.

DS has also now decided that he is going to wake in the night in between Elsie's feeds & repeatedly get out of bed!

I feed her in a breastfeeding support group but all the other ladies have their boobies out, too. I did feed her in the mother/baby room at BabiesRUs the other day but there was nobody else in there.

I kinda wish I just got it over with because I think I have made a bigger deal of it in my mind than it actually is. I have an Udder Cover I plan on using when the time comes. Depends on where I am and what I am wearing, but if I don't have to use it I won't.

You will become comfortable within your own time. With Eva she was 11months old before I was comfortable and confident nursing in public. I stuck to breastfeeding rooms and the back seat of my car mostly

Right now I feed absolutely everywhere, train, stadiums, shoping centres, restaurants, cafes, parks. Being more confident to feed has been incredibly helpful and im able to go out alot more. But this is my second child so of course im going to be more relaxed about it

Blossom, Remi has a cough and it seems to be getting worse so were spending night in hospital so I have my fingers crossed our babies get better soon!!! Remi's nappies have turned green but i'm told thats normal because he's swallowing alot of mucous.

Blossom, Remi has a cough and it seems to be getting worse so were spending night in hospital so I have my fingers crossed our babies get better soon!!! Remi's nappies have turned green but i'm told thats normal because he's swallowing alot of mucous.

Hope he get's over it quickly Betheney! Elsie had a lovely green one at the hospital, but at least it had a bit more substance to it than the others. DS used to get a few green nappies as a baby when he had colds. I hope that's all it is for Remi.

They are currently thinking either a virus or intolerance of lactose in my milk for Elsie rather than anything serious. We have open access to the childrens ward & paediatrician at the hospital this week though just in case.

Keep us posted Blossom. Worst case scenario is she needs some fluids as she gets over the diarrhea - it will be ok.

Violet and I seemed to have avoided getting the stomach bug from my husband. We're 72 hrs from the onset of his symptoms and we're good! Amen!!!

I have started to really notice an incongruity in my breasts. My right is the major producer and the left has been lagging. I think it's because LO latches better on the right side. I know that it's normal for one to produce more and that's fine with me. But I am starting to worry about my supply on the left because she's been tugging that that breast and not settled when feeding.

I started eating oatmeal yesterday, made oatmeal cookies, and I am pumping the left. I am also focusing on my hydration. I am letting her comfort suck as much as she wants on that breast.

Here's hoping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->