January Jellybeans 2013!...

I feed anywhere and everywhere, too, I just put a blanket over because I don't think everyone needs to see my boobs, but I'm not going to turn down my infant for other people's comfort.

So last night, Lilah cluster fed from 6 to 11 with a break from 8 to 9 when I had my husband try with her. She finally passed out at 11, and the slept 6 HOURS! I was so shocked. I woke up a couple times and made sure she was breathing. Then she nursed for 45 minutes and conked back out for another 3 hours. Then she nursed for half an hour and passed back out. That was an hour ago. I have one exhausted, hungry baby. She must be going through a growth spurt or something, although I thought that was supposed to happen at 3 weeks and 6 weeks.

Ditty I have the same... My left produces more and he's happier nursing on that side. I'm trying to do the same and even them out a little more.

Sorry I haven't been on much. I've been reading through and catching up with everyone. We are doing pretty good here. Had to switch to the medium flow nipples and she is downing 5-6 oz every time. And she is still eating every 3 hours even though she is eating so much. lol! Chunky monkey. I got on the scale by myself and then got on with her and she weighs 10 lbs 2 oz. She will be 5 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe how fast the time is going.

I've started back working out. I have 37 lbs to lose to be back to pre-pregnancy weight. Feels like a long way but I can do it. I've done the weight loss thing before and it is hard but so worth it.

Blossom I hope she gets better!! Keep us updated. :hugs:

Ditty I hope you and Violet continue to avoid those nasty stomach germs! That won't be any fun. :hugs:

LaMere I hope she stays well. I know it is hard when our LO's are sick. :hugs:

Betheney I hope Remi feels better! :hugs:

Keep us posted Blossom. Worst case scenario is she needs some fluids as she gets over the diarrhea - it will be ok.

Violet and I seemed to have avoided getting the stomach bug from my husband. We're 72 hrs from the onset of his symptoms and we're good! Amen!!!

I have started to really notice an incongruity in my breasts. My right is the major producer and the left has been lagging. I think it's because LO latches better on the right side. I know that it's normal for one to produce more and that's fine with me. But I am starting to worry about my supply on the left because she's been tugging that that breast and not settled when feeding.

I started eating oatmeal yesterday, made oatmeal cookies, and I am pumping the left. I am also focusing on my hydration. I am letting her comfort suck as much as she wants on that breast.

Here's hoping.

I have this, I just feed off my bad side first at every feed for a day or so rather than alternating and that seems to give it a boost that it needs

Keep us posted Blossom. Worst case scenario is she needs some fluids as she gets over the diarrhea - it will be ok.

Violet and I seemed to have avoided getting the stomach bug from my husband. We're 72 hrs from the onset of his symptoms and we're good! Amen!!!

I have started to really notice an incongruity in my breasts. My right is the major producer and the left has been lagging. I think it's because LO latches better on the right side. I know that it's normal for one to produce more and that's fine with me. But I am starting to worry about my supply on the left because she's been tugging that that breast and not settled when feeding.

I started eating oatmeal yesterday, made oatmeal cookies, and I am pumping the left. I am also focusing on my hydration. I am letting her comfort suck as much as she wants on that breast.

Here's hoping.

I have the same thing. My right boob is freakishly productive and I'm always having to massage out lumps and blockages. It gets real sore and if he sleeps too long I soak through a breastpad, I hate to think what it will be like when he starts sleeping through the night.

Blossom, really hope Elsie feels better, big hugs :)

Betheney, hope Remi is feeling better today too? Fingers crossed that all is ok with his cardiac checks too.

Yay for 6 straight hours Brieri!! Im yet to have that, approaching 7 weeks :( !!

Seems most of us have one great boob & one not so great! My right is my goodie!
Good ideas feeding/pumping with the not so great one to build supply!

Thanks, Sassy! I am just thankful that Sam hasn't come down with it. Rayven is feeling a lot better today, no fever or runny nose, but her cough is still hanging on. Hoping she's back to 100% by her birthday, which is in 9 days!

Hope all the babies who are under the weather start feeling better soon!

Sassy - Archie was 10lb 13 at 4.5weeks! I call him my chunky monkey!
He was doing 5oz every 3/4 hrs and was a real guzzler. The last three days he has been doing 3/4oz every 3/4 hrs during the day at a push and then tonight he did 5oz and wouldn't settle and then took 3 more, 8oz! I've been telling him all day he has to sleep 12-6 up make mummy a happy mummy!

Edit: well Archie hasn't been bringing up his wind well, he's asleep on my chest as im rubbing his back, wakes up suddenly, lifts his head and does the BIGGEST man burp ever and then vomits all over my face, neck, clean pj's and boobs! I felt so sorry for him, he looked at me all sorry for himself. I think he must have had a huge air bubble in his tummy that the extra milk was sitting on top of :(

I have a dumb question... how do you tell if you arent producing a lot of milk or if one side produces more?

I notice that he nurses longer on one side. I pumped yesterday for the first time in awhile and the side he stays on longer produced almost double what the other side did!

yeah when Remi starts nursing longer on one side whether it's the first or second side he's feeding off i know the amount in each breast must be different.

Plus when i'm out and about alot i find it difficult to latch him on the left side without an array of pillows around me, and a bad latch results in bad milk production and so if i spend a few days really busy and it's all nursing in public that side seems to produce less and suffer from the bad latching.

My left side seems to produce a lot less. The right one gets so much bigger and harder but the left one it soft mostly. He latches on far easier on the left one though, probably because he chokes on the full one? I'll try always feeding on the less one first to see if that increases supply then.

Sonia, that really kind thank you. I already have a bf butterfly, but haven't tried it yet. Is that what you have?

Blossom, hope Elsie is doing better. Ds was intolerant to cows milk, the poos were huge and explosive and constantly runny. Hope it's a virus and not that as its a bit of a nightmare!

Melly - not sure, this is kind of a piece of fabric, quite a big bit with a rigid neck (not that rigid though) so can see baby and has a ring tie at neck. Is white with red poppy print. I'll happily send it up, I won't use it so just let me know :)

That would be lovely Sonia, are you sure though, could you not sell it on eBay and get your money back?

My little Lilah is one month old today! She's celebrating by sleeping as little as possible. Yesterday, she slept so well, too.

Brieri - Yep. Violet had one night where she slept 5 hours. I was so excited. Last night I had to hold her for 2 hours for her to sleep (see gas-o-palooza below). As long as the good nights outweigh the bad we're in good shape. :) Hang in there.

Violet went on a tear yesterday and last night. I ate homemade vegetable soup and I suspect the cabbage in it gave her wicked gas. Poor thing was arching her back and tootin' all night.

Today she is much better. Back to her usual snack, nap, snack, nap cycle.

She has starting smiling at me which is a sanity saver. :) And believe it or not, she rolled over the other day. My mom and I couldn't believe it and I chalked it up as a fluke...until she did it again to in my breast feeding group! The nurse was surprised. I think she just squirms and her big ol' bobble head has the momentum to pull her body over but it's pretty great. :) Love her.

Pediatrician appointment tomorrow with shots. :( I think mommy is more upset than Violet will be.

Ditty- my little guy rolled yesterday as well! So funny to see them propel themselves over. I thought it was a fluke too until I put him back on his tummy and he immediately did if again!

Melly - of course that's ok hun, PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post. eBay - what's that? Lol, I can't remember the last time I got online properly! Glad someone can make use of it x

So last night Archie did a poo and I was being lazy and changed him on our bed. The next thing I am covered in poo, as is the bed and him! Never risking that again! That was another clean pair of pj's in the space of four hours.

OMG! I've just read about your LO's rolling over! I put Archie down on the floor to wake him mid feed and also because I needed a wee and I come back in to him rolling over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->