January Jellybeans 2013!...

Ladies - would you say that frantic hand sucking is a sign of hunger or comfort? Archie has started to do it, I think when he is hungry but most online forums say comfort.

Welcome back Snow!! Thanks for the birth story & glad you're feeling better :)
The thread has slowed down a bit & a lot of us post on our Jan Jellybeans group on Facebook-which anyone is free to join, think you just have to add one of us as a friend. I still like to come on here as well though ;)

Sonia, sorry you're dealing with that and that you haf such a scare with his breathing, it def seems like reflux & sounds a lot like Harry actually & I have been told its prob reflux too, I haven't tried the gripe water but will be doing that next. Hope your new formula works well. Our poor wee boys :( Harry sucks his hands too but I think it's for comfort.

Melly, I really hope your BF improves, but as the other ladies said, if its stressing you out so much, no one would judge you for switching to formula, or at least mixed feeding-topping up with formula. Good luck!

xx

Lillian - does Harry have the same symptoms? I'm not convinced the gavisgon worked so have stopped it, HV said to try this milk until 6/8 week check which is 4 march and discuss other meds with doc then if symptoms persist. He does seem more gaggy since we've stopped it to be honest. He is asleep in his crib at the mo which I've propped up but he is very very fidgety.

Sonia - Violet sucks her hands when hungry and sometimes when tired.

Thanks hun. I think it is definitely a hunger, possibly tiredness que with Archie. If he has his pacifier at the same time you'd think he was about the suck the thing off.

Yes Sonia he does, crying/fussing when being fed, hard to settle, not loads of throwing up, but babies can still have reflux without throwing up loads. I originally thought Harry just had gas as he gets frantic when needing to fart/poo, but its seems to be more than that. His day sleeping is also really bad & I think that contributes to his fussing. Aagghh hope our boys improve, I'm hoping as his digestive system matures he will get better, hope that for Archie too :) xx

Melly have you tried feeding just one breast? The longer they feed on one the more of the later fatty hind milk they get to fill up on.

I try to do both as 1 breast doesn't seem to fill him. I let him stay on the 1st one until he pulls off which is normally 30-40 mins then the other side for another 10- 15 mins. I just caved and gave him some formula, he's now happily sat and not screaming. I know dh would secretly prefer me to go on formula o he could help. I think expressing will just take as long as feeding. This morning I fed just of one breat at 5am and the other one at 8am, and then expressed from both at 9am. I got 1oz between the two. Surely at 5 weeks I should be getting a lot more than this?

Could I join the Facebook group? I know I don't post often but I'm not on B and B much.

Melly my dd was like that between 2-3 months by 3.5 months I was going nuts and I didn't have another little one to split my time with! My doc had me use formula to top up and I wish I had tried pumping after each feed cuz my supply dwindled off to nothing in 2 months. So just keep that in mind. Good luck.

Sonia, no he's not on meds yet, I'm trying to see if anything I'm eating is making him gassy first & also using infacol- not sure if that's helping or not though! Cause he's not like that every feed I still wonder if he's just struggling with his bum gas?!

Fingers, of course! I'm not 100% sure of how to do it but I know u have to be friends with one of us first, so if u add me-Ingrid Ryan, profile pic is me in red & white stripped top & my OH-I'm sure ill be able to figure out how to add you!

I try to do both as 1 breast doesn't seem to fill him. I let him stay on the 1st one until he pulls off which is normally 30-40 mins then the other side for another 10- 15 mins. I just caved and gave him some formula, he's now happily sat and not screaming. I know dh would secretly prefer me to go on formula o he could help. I think expressing will just take as long as feeding. This morning I fed just of one breat at 5am and the other one at 8am, and then expressed from both at 9am. I got 1oz between the two. Surely at 5 weeks I should be getting a lot more than this?

Remember that what you can express does not always correlate with how much he's getting. Try expressing more often to build your supply, hydrate, eat oats, and don't give up unless you're sure you want to. You can do it!!!

Lilah is playing on her play mat, which has a mirror attached, and she's staring into it talking to herself. Its super cute. Are your babies fascinated by themselves?

Lilah is playing on her play mat, which has a mirror attached, and she's staring into it talking to herself. Its super cute. Are your babies fascinated by themselves?

Violet sees herself and just stares. It's so funny. :)

Archie is amazed by himself it's cute. He had also over the past few days scared himself, he can be lying on his changing mat and both arms go out at the same time as you can see the scare spread across his face, followed by the bright red face and the scream. I hate it when he does it so now pad the edges out so he can't stretch too far!

Eva loves staring at herself in her playmat mirror. She now chatters to herself which is so cute!

Melly- With my daughter I pump and nurse. She would spend most of the daytime sleeping, so nursing wasn't a big problem since she wouldnt eat much. Night time was much different. She would latch take a few sucks then pull off crying. After 15 mins of this I gave her a bottle of what I had pumped due to my frustration. Made both her and me happier.

Saying that to show you have to do whats best for you. I wanted to exclusively bf, but my sanity is worth more. Nighttime I give her bottles and we are both calmer and easier to work with :). Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

6 week check up today! Get to find out what my baby weighs! She was 8 pounds 8 ounces at her 2 week.

Went to Lilah's 6 week appointment and my baby is now 10 pounds 2 ounces!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->