January Jellybeans 2013!...

What time do u ladies put them down for final bed time?

Right around 8pm. Last night it was 7:50 she went in her car seat for a ride home. She woke around 3:30, fed, then was up again at 6:30.

Thanks. Trying to fig out what time blakes last feed before bed should be.

It naturally evolved into that sleep pattern. She decided what time her bedtime was! I recognized it and rolled with it.

I'm getting an IUD put in on Tuesday. I conceived Lilah in 2 months, so I'm assuming I will conceive quickly should I decide to have another kid in the future, so I need to be ready to get pregnant as soon as I go off birth control.

Lilah was working herself into an eating and sleeping schedule until a few days ago. A few days ago, she hit her 6 week growth spurt, and times have gotten pretty tough again. She eat all the time, doesn't sleep much and if I put her to sleep, she will wake up if I try to put her down at all. Its been really hard on me. I'm hoping she gets past it soon and back to the way she was.

My sister in law recommended "Becoming Baby-Wise" to me to start establishing a sleep schedule and the ability to self-soothe with Lilah. Any of you read that book and tried their techniques? I ordered it, but the reviews online were very mixed. :/

I used Baby Wise with my first two and it did work great . They were both great sleepers and slept through the night solidly with no sleep regressions at all unless they were sick. I haven't followed it with this baby but I guess I'm still following some of the similar routines loosely as its second nature to me now.. but I don't ever wake him for feeds. The criticism of it is that some babies have failure to thrive I think.. but my kids grew healthily. As long as some common sense is applied with it I think its fine.

Archie seemed to indicate his sleep time and I just rolled with it too. It's normally anytime between 9 and 10, he self settles well, well sometimes it can be 5 mins and other times 30 mins. He's been really grumpy today and resisting sleep which he is still doing! I wish he would sleep through, well actually a little longer would be lovely. He does 9/10ish through to 1.30/2ish then up at 5 then stirs till 7, that 5am is the killer for me. Last night he went 10-3, then up at 6 and then 8. I wa going to try a dream feed but still not sure on them. Anyone else do them with much success?

We do last feed at 10.30pm. He generally has a small feed at 2 or 3 but last night he slept from 10.30pm until 5am. Unfortunately I woke up around 4 because my boobs were bursting or I would have had 6.5 hours uninterrupted sleep.

I am so jealous of you guys early bedtime. Eva usually settles between 11 and 12. Last night she was asleep and I was in bed by 10.45. She woke at 3.30 was back in bed about 4.30 slept till 6.30 and then dozed from 7-8. She has been cluster feeding all day and has been resisting sleep so goodness only knows what time she will go down tonight.

We're about 8pm as well, although unfortunately Harry hasn't gone longer than about 4.5 hours at night yet, fingers crossed he does soon!!

Do your LO's have predictable sleep patterns during the day also? wow I wish Katie would sleep 6-7 hours at night?

Blake eats at 8 or 9 then falls asleep right away and sleeps til 7 am. I do a dream feed around 3 though

Andrew has his last bottle anywhere from 10-12 and sleeps anywhere from 6-9am. During the day he is very inconsistent!

Oliver was an 11-12am bedtime but recently it's been edging earlier to be around 10. I just try to take his lead of when he is getting tired. Lately it's been 10pm bed and then up anywhere between 3:30 and 6 then back down for a few more hours. We don't have a solid daytime routine but I have an idea of window during which he usually naps. There's usually a big morning nap, a lunch snooze. And then usually a big nap around 3 or 4. He may catnap around dinner if he's really tired, otherwise he is up until bed.

The first overnight longer sleep I woke up in a panic and woke her at the 5.5hr mark because I was nervous thinking she was sick or something! Haven't done that since but my body has been programed to wake up every 3-4 hours. Last night my one breast was leaking like crazy at the 5 hour mark.

Day patterns: Yes, Violet has a sleep pattern through the day. Naps early morning, up thru lunch, naps all afternoon, up in the evening, sleepy around 8ish.

I will say we're going on 9 weeks old. The overnight longer sleep hasn't been for more than a week. I think she just hit that point where she can stay asleep longer and fight her hunger. Prior to this it was every 4hrs or so.

Sonia - I woke her up for a 10:30 feed before when she first started sleeping longer. Mistake. She was still up at her regular time just didn't eat as much.

Today Violet has been SO sleepy all day. When she's awake she's alert, happy, and active. Diapers are good. I just think this is the day of her growth spurt as she was feeding every 2 hours 2 days ago. She's sleeping a ton, feeding less.

What I would like to know is, how come every time I bath Nash and get him all nice and clean and snuggly, he'll puke all over his new clothes and do a big farty poop within 10 minutes :wacko: I figure the warm water relaxes his belly and starts expelling!

At least he's finally decided he likes his baths and kicks happily and smiles. We used to have big screaming fits.

I am so used to getting up that with the longer sleeps I find I'm still waking up and am wide awake.

Last night I woke up at one point and turned to dh in a panic saying I forgot to feed the baby! He looked at me like I was crazy. I had dreamy that LO had cried and dh had gotten up to di a diaper but I fell asleep and never fed him! Dh laughed and told me to go back to sleep!!

I'm getting an IUD put in on Tuesday. I conceived Lilah in 2 months, so I'm assuming I will conceive quickly should I decide to have another kid in the future, so I need to be ready to get pregnant as soon as I go off birth control.

Lilah was working herself into an eating and sleeping schedule until a few days ago. A few days ago, she hit her 6 week growth spurt, and times have gotten pretty tough again. She eat all the time, doesn't sleep much and if I put her to sleep, she will wake up if I try to put her down at all. Its been really hard on me. I'm hoping she gets past it soon and back to the way she was.

My sister in law recommended "Becoming Baby-Wise" to me to start establishing a sleep schedule and the ability to self-soothe with Lilah. Any of you read that book and tried their techniques? I ordered it, but the reviews online were very mixed. :/

I used Baby Wise with my first two and it did work great . They were both great sleepers and slept through the night solidly with no sleep regressions at all unless they were sick. I haven't followed it with this baby but I guess I'm still following some of the similar routines loosely as its second nature to me now.. but I don't ever wake him for feeds. The criticism of it is that some babies have failure to thrive I think.. but my kids grew healthily. As long as some common sense is applied with it I think its fine.

Did you do the crying it out part?

Eva has started sleeping 5 hours at a time, but my body is now programmed to think that's enough sleep and I sometimes struggle to get back to sleep. Hopefully Eva keeps it up and my body adjusts.

Dark star we had the same issue last night- I wanted to pull my hair out!!

Chloe wakes up at 8:00 am for her "breakfast" and eats every 4 hours until about 10:30pm, which is her bed time feed. She sleeps until 5:00 am and then is back up at 8:00 to start the day all over again. She isn't a big day sleeper. She cat naps after breakfast and before bed. She does seem to relax about lunch time and today slept for a couple of hours in her crib. She hasn't slept in there at all. Nice to know that she doesn't seem to care where she sleeps. :thumbup:

Gosh I wish Archie would sleep longer! Did you ladies follows any sort of plans to get your LO's to sleep longer or has it just naturally happened?

He generally goes down between 9-10, more like 10 and then up at 1/1.30, up again at 4/4.30 and then fidgets till 6ish, on off sleeping. He doesn't sleep a great deal in the day unless we're out

I hear you Sonia, I'm so jealous of the ladies who's LOs sleep more than a four hour stretch! That's all we have gotten so far. The four hour stretch has just happened but Harry tends to cluster feed between 6 & 7.30-8, so I think that helps him go through til midnight, but I only go to bed at 10 so it's not really extra sleep for me!! I have read that good naps during the day aid night sleep too so perhaps Archie needs a bit more of a day sleep routine-I know this is way easier said than done though cause Harry isn't a great day sleeper either! But chip away at a day sleep routine maybe & see if that helps :) x

Eva is now giving me a 4 1/2- 5 hour stretch at night. She has been feeding a lot in the evening which I think is tanking her up for a long sleep. She doesn't nap much in the morning, but she usually has a long sleep in the late afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->