January Jellybeans 2013!...

Lillian - my HV recommend we change to Aptamil Comfort milk and Archie is like a different child. Not sure if you're bf or ff but were definitely seeing an improvement

Oh that's amazing news Sonia! I'm so pleased that Archie is doing better on the different formula! I'm breast feeding & I just know he gets bothered when he needs to fart or poo so I'm less thinking its reflux now, that said its still a tummy issue so I'm cutting things out of my own diet to see if that helps. x

I know a friend if mine BF for 3 months and her son was very frustrated and gassy then she tried soy formula and she said it was like he was a totally different baby. I know it may not be a happy option but it could be a lactose intolerance issue (almost all babies grow out of) and some are sensitive to breast milk. I hope it's something simple though.

If it's a lactose intolerance thing I read that making sure they get plenty of the hindmilk helps baby to break down the lactose they get with the foremilk. Not sure how true that is. It also said it's something they would grow out of.

Hey everyone!

All is well here. Miss V is 8w2d old. She's been a great baby. We are still EBF.

I was wondering what type of feeding patterns and sleep patterns your LOs have adopted?

Ok ladies I need opinions. My husband and I are discussing birth control and trying to figure out what to do. It took us 2yrs of actively trying to conceive. During that time I was diagnosed with PCOS, and told I dont ovulate all the time.

Knowing this I really dont want to go on any birth control. We want to try for another in about a year, and dont want to deal with the crazy hormones. My husband isnt crazy about condoms. Would you take the chance and not go on birth control?

With my daughter I didn't use anything until I got my.first af.. Which was after her first birthday. Of courseshe was EBF until I got pregnant with Sam. But in between we used condoms spermicidal vaginal films/lube.

I am taking the progestin-only pill. I, personally, don't want to risk it and am even thinking of doubling up with condoms. I don't want another for a couple of years. I could handle it, certainly, but want to enjoy my first LO for awhile.

I know the progestin-only pill, aka mini-pill, is out of your system completely in 24 hours. It doesn't always affect ovulation, but is known to make your cervical mucous inhospitable. Therefore, if you are off by even a couple of hours, you can get pregnant on that pill.

I'm getting an IUD put in on Tuesday. I conceived Lilah in 2 months, so I'm assuming I will conceive quickly should I decide to have another kid in the future, so I need to be ready to get pregnant as soon as I go off birth control.

Lilah was working herself into an eating and sleeping schedule until a few days ago. A few days ago, she hit her 6 week growth spurt, and times have gotten pretty tough again. She eat all the time, doesn't sleep much and if I put her to sleep, she will wake up if I try to put her down at all. Its been really hard on me. I'm hoping she gets past it soon and back to the way she was.

My sister in law recommended "Becoming Baby-Wise" to me to start establishing a sleep schedule and the ability to self-soothe with Lilah. Any of you read that book and tried their techniques? I ordered it, but the reviews online were very mixed. :/

I'm the same praying for baby. I was on the mini pill before getting pregnant with Eva but it screwed up my normally regular periods and it took them 6 months to become regular again. It took us 9 cycles to conceive. As I am 35 we will probably be looking to start trying for baby no. 2 next year so going to stay off the hormones till then and just use condoms. Having said that it may not have been the pill which delayed us conceiving and plenty other people get pregnant right away after coming off it.

I wouldn't risk using nothing unless you would be happy with a little accident. It might have taken you 2 years before, but it might only take you 2 months this time.

Eva's eating and sleeping are still a bit all over the place at the moment. She is feeding alot, generAlly having a couple of small naps in the morning a long one in the afternoon then normally sleeps 12am-4am and 5am- 7.30 although it changes all the time. Tonight she went down at 11pm woke at 3.30 and we are still up at 5am. Going to start trying to establish some kind of routine this weekend.

Praying, I'm definitely not risking it even though I'm EBF, one LO is enough for now!!! Mini pill will probably be what I go for, in the mean time we're using condoms (I hate them too :)

Glad things are great with Violet Ditty! I always read your posts with great interest cause she & Harry share a bday!! Has she got herself a nice schedule yet?
Harry is great at night in terms of schedule-down at 8pm, wakes at 12, 4 then about 7.30. Hoping he drops one of the late night feeds soon *fingers crossed* days are harder, he cat naps for a nap in the morn, usually has a long sleep around lunch time the cat naps again in the late afternoon/early evening. It's not a schedule but is still somewhat predictable so I'm ok with it.

Brieri, I have read babywise. It's pretty good, but hard if you have a cat napper like me, it basically follows an eat, wake time, sleep schedule of roughly three hours, so great if your baby wakes, eats nicely, plays nicely for 1-1.5 hrs then sleeps for 1-1.5hrs, but mine doesn't so it's hard to stick to a set schedule. That being said, the book talks about parent directed feeding/sleeping, so you can try to somewhat help your LO establish a good routine if you work at it. I'm still trying to follow the principles. Good luck!

Sorry for the long post!!

So, I've been pretty fed up with Lilah's sleep patterns. She has been refusing to sleep anywhere but on us. We've been trying everything. Guess what works for my baby? Her crib. The one place she is willing to sleep by herself is swaddled, propped up on her boppy, in her crib. The one place people usually fight their kids to sleep and that's mine's preference. Silly girl. She's been asleep in there for almost an hour now. Its the first real break I've gotten in more than a week.

I totally will jinx myself here....

I started Violet in her big girl crib 9 nights ago. She made too much noise in our room for DH to sleep and we'd been sleeping apart since he went back to work after she was born. I wanted him in bed again.

The first couple of night she was up every 3-4 hours. In the last 4-5 days, she has been sleeping 5-6 hours in one chunk. Last night she slept 7.5 hours in one chunk then another 2.5. It was heaven even though I kept waking up anticipating her to cry for food. (BTW, my breasts did not like the 7.5hr sleep but my brain sure did).

I swaddle her very tightly and started a bed time routine of either bath, PJs, swaddle, cuddle, sleep or PJs, swaddle, cuddle, sleep. Keeping the swaddle very snug is the key for her. I use a SwaddleMe because it's so much easier than wrapping blankets and I don't have to worry about it coming loose.

Here's hoping these sleep patterns stick!!!

Ditty- the same happened for us. We put him in his crib almost two weeks ago and we've gotten almost a week now of anywhere from 5.5-8 hours in a stretch! Isn't it wonderful? And the boobs are no fun but they do adjust. I really hope this becomes his normal sleeping pattern!

What time do u ladies put them down for final bed time?

Right around 8pm. Last night it was 7:50 she went in her car seat for a ride home. She woke around 3:30, fed, then was up again at 6:30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->