January Jellybeans 2013!...

For those of you who know what sex your baby is, I'm wondering if there's any truth in the old wives tale of how you carry baby shows what sex, as in like a basketball all out front is a boy, and girl is more across like a watermelon?

everyone said i was havin a girl because of the way i was carrying and the high heartrate. Also, ppl said because I was sick in the beginning it was a girl... but I am having a boy so I don't think thoe wives tales are good!

Missmummy2be how are you feeling about having a girl? are you crazy excited to have a daughter? were you completely 50/50. did you want another boy?

I am so excited to have a little girl :) i would of been happy with either a boy or a girl but am defiantly happy to get my little girl i have always wanted a girl :happydance: have had her name picked out for a couple of years now hehe :blush:

Congrats on the little girl!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for the pinkies!

DH took a pic of me that I love but I haven't managed to post it yet, will try sometime today.

For those of you who know what sex your baby is, I'm wondering if there's any truth in the old wives tale of how you carry baby shows what sex, as in like a basketball all out front is a boy, and girl is more across like a watermelon?

Absolutely not! lol! I'm carrying and had all the signs ... literally everything of having a boy. Everyone was completely shocked that we were having a girl.

In both of my pregnancies (both boys) I have a very neat bump at the front right in the centre, no bump to the side of my body at all. Not sure if that is because of being boys or just because they are small babies and I don't put a lot of weight on.

In both of my pregnancies (both boys) I have a very neat bump at the front right in the centre, no bump to the side of my body at all. Not sure if that is because of being boys or just because they are small babies and I don't put a lot of weight on.

That's just how I am, nothing at sides all at front, same as I was with ds

I'm having a boy and Not quite sure about basketball vs watermellon. But my boss guessed I'd have a boy because with her two kids she got more acne with her boy (so did I!) and she had flawless, soft skin with her girl.

I had flawless skin with ds, but have had loads of spots/ bumps under my skin around my jaw line this time.

We had our 20 week ultrasound today :happydance:
And we are
Team....

PINK!!!!

We also got told that my Doctor will have to keep an eye on the babies size as there is only one umbilical artery :S
Here is a Pic of Miss Sienna-Rose :D
View attachment 469621

Congratulations on your little girl! :happydance:

That is wonderful they are throwing you one!!! They are so much fun!!!
It is! Its so sweet of them! I'm so excited!

Hey ladies. Lil girl was causing drama yesterday. Was admitted to the hospital. I was having pain which turned out to be small contractions. And they found I had a fever. Pain went away and fever broke. :shrug: so they've sent me back home to super strict bed rest. And no sex for the rest of pregnancy. Besides baby measuring small she looked fine, strong heartbeat, fluid was good and I'm not dilating. Dr will start nst earlier then he had planned, because of the contractions. The good news is my hospital considers 23 weeks viability, which is tomorrow for me. :happydance: not that I want to go early but I'm relieved that if I were to go into labor they'd at least attempt to save her. :thumbup: I have a follow up appt with him Friday and then still have to wait til the 19th to see if lil girl has caught up.

I told dh with all the drama this one has started already I don't plan on letting her out of the house. :rofl:

Bump at 22 weeks, can't see it so clearly but oh well.

https://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq340/khaiyat/Baby/IMG_0026.jpg

Ugh my skin is dissssssssgusting, and its a girl! My poor chin hurt so bad :(

Tomorrow at 8am I have my anomaly scan. I am nervous they could find a problem and also nervous that the gender might slip out. I am vehemently team yellow (though DH has weakly tried to convince me otherwise.) Will post update and pics ASAP tomorrow.

I totally failed at being team yellow, first time I was technically but was so sure I saw a willy it wasn't really a complete surprise, and this time I'm pretty sure I've seen girl bits and rather than feel 90% certain and not be sure we are just opting to find out this time. Maybe a true team yellow someday...they'll have to filter the scan for me x

I totally failed at being team yellow, first time I was technically but was so sure I saw a willy it wasn't really a complete surprise, and this time I'm pretty sure I've seen girl bits and rather than feel 90% certain and not be sure we are just opting to find out this time. Maybe a true team yellow someday...they'll have to filter the scan for me x

That's my worry. And I can read ultrasound. I will tell the tech from the get-go tomorrow I don't want to know and that I may be able to read the scan. If I find out, it won't be the end of the world (obviously) but I just really want the birthday surprise.

Good luck to all you ladies with scans tomorrow. I have 2 weeks to wait and sooooooo excited :thumbup:

I hope all who want to know the gender manage to find out and the ones that don't.....don't lol

:kiss::kiss:

Good luck Nikki & DittyByrd. Hope your babies are well behaved & everything looks good!

MissMummy I'm so happy for you getting a pink bean! Yay! Think I feel a bit the same as you. I'd love a girl as already have DS but don't mind another boy. I have a feeling it's a boy again though! x

Good luck Nikki & DittyByrd. Hope your babies are well behaved & everything looks good!

MissMummy I'm so happy for you getting a pink bean! Yay! Think I feel a bit the same as you. I'd love a girl as already have DS but don't mind another boy. I have a feeling it's a boy again though! x

Awe blossom, when is your scan? I'm the same, i'm absolutely convinced that this lo is a boy. I have a ds of 12 and would love a little girl but will be happy with a boy too. OH is the same, our anomoly scan is the 17th :happydance:

Hey ladies. Lil girl was causing drama yesterday. Was admitted to the hospital. I was having pain which turned out to be small contractions. And they found I had a fever. Pain went away and fever broke. :shrug: so they've sent me back home to super strict bed rest. And no sex for the rest of pregnancy. Besides baby measuring small she looked fine, strong heartbeat, fluid was good and I'm not dilating. Dr will start nst earlier then he had planned, because of the contractions. The good news is my hospital considers 23 weeks viability, which is tomorrow for me. :happydance: not that I want to go early but I'm relieved that if I were to go into labor they'd at least attempt to save her. :thumbup: I have a follow up appt with him Friday and then still have to wait til the 19th to see if lil girl has caught up.

I told dh with all the drama this one has started already I don't plan on letting her out of the house. :rofl:

Make sure u do take it easy!!!!! No work for u.
Thinking of u

That's my worry. And I can read ultrasound. I will tell the tech from the get-go tomorrow I don't want to know and that I may be able to read the scan. If I find out, it won't be the end of the world (obviously) but I just really want the birthday surprise.

I told my sonographer before I'd laid down that I didn't want to know. She stayed away from the area until she needed to and then told me to turn away from screen while she measured something incase I saw anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->